New Drift Settings Depot

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 383 comments
just a warning, though, I usually set my cars up for initial drifting.

ok, well as long as its easy to control and easy to drift, lol! its all good with me, lol! thank you very much for the help! I greatly appreciate it!

can I request someone to "update" the lists? please?

Anything in particular you are looking for?

With GT5 coming out soon, many people have moved on, so the GT4 forums are suffering some, as a result. If you have a request, ask away, and I'll see what I can do.

;)

Anything in particular you are looking for?

With GT5 coming out soon, many people have moved on, so the GT4 forums are suffering some, as a result. If you have a request, ask away, and I'll see what I can do.

;)

ok, well I have noticed acouple of settings not listed, and also to put my list in the "request" setcion.

and I know about that, but right now I don't have enough cash to buy a ps3 and the stuff i want for it. lol. and I don't know about other people, but I play gt1, gt2, & gt3 from time to time, lol! specaily gt2! there is quite few cars that are in the game that isn't gt4, and I doubt it would be in gt5!

ok, well please forgive me, but I found more cars that I want settings for.

'65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 (aids off)
'01 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V (aids on)

'03 Audi Nuvolari Quattro (aids off)
'03 Audi Pikes Peak Quattro (aids on)
'03 Chevrolet SSR (aids off)
'00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus (aids on)
'83 Honda Civic 1500 3Door 25i (aids on)
'87 Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car (aids on)

'04 Land Rover Range Stormer Concept (aids on)
'98 Nissan Stagea 260RS Autechversion (aids on or off)
'99 Opel Tigra 1.6 (aids on)
'00 Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 (aids off)
'03 Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 (aids off)
'02 Renault Avantime (aids on)

the ones I made bold and underlined, is the ones I am really looking for!

Hey B_rad,could you please not double post? Because the is against the rules of this site.

SVX
Hey B_rad,could you please not double post? Because the is against the rules of this site.

double post on what? thats totaly different cars, and different settings! so may I ask, what did I double post?

ok, well please forgive me, but I found more cars that I want settings for.

'65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 (aids off)
'01 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V (aids on)

'03 Audi Nuvolari Quattro (aids off)
'03 Audi Pikes Peak Quattro (aids on)
'03 Chevrolet SSR (aids off)
'00 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus (aids on)
'83 Honda Civic 1500 3Door 25i (aids on)
'87 Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car (aids on)

'04 Land Rover Range Stormer Concept (aids on)
'98 Nissan Stagea 260RS Autechversion (aids on or off)
'99 Opel Tigra 1.6 (aids on)
'00 Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 (aids off)
'03 Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 (aids off)
'02 Renault Avantime (aids on)

the ones I made bold and underlined, is the ones I am really looking for!

Some fun cars on that list...I will work on the SUVs/Trucks and the Sagea and Avantime...if it's possible to drift it.

I just have one more set of settings to gather from the first list.

Also, what you just did, is what he means by double post. If someone else hasn't posted after you post, just edit your last post.

can someone do the drift settings for the AMUSE Carbone r34? i finded one settings in the depot bt the settings are not good.

can someone do the drift settings for the AMUSE Carbone r34? i finded one settings in the depot bt the settings are not good.

There's a good reason for that. The Amuse R34 is not a very good drift car. You have to fiddle with the gears quite a bit to get it to do anything you want. Very difficult to handle.

;)

Some fun cars on that list...I will work on the SUVs/Trucks and the Sagea and Avantime...if it's possible to drift it.

I just have one more set of settings to gather from the first list.

Also, what you just did, is what he means by double post. If someone else hasn't posted after you post, just edit your last post.

yes they are! lol, I like to drift very odd and wierd things, lol! thank you very much for the help!

and OH, ok, i thought...., I get it now, ok, thank you for telling me, and I will not do that again!

There's a good reason for that. The Amuse R34 is not a very good drift car. You have to fiddle with the gears quite a bit to get it to do anything you want. Very difficult to handle.

;)

why is that a bad car to drift? well if you can fiddle with the suspension settings, then whats wrong with fiddling with the gear settings? just curious. lol

can sameone give to me teh settings of chevrolet camaro IROC-Z concept? thanks

ah, thats another car i wanted settings for, lol!

Nissan STAGEA 260 RS AutechVersion '98 drift settings (no aids):

This thing is a beast. I tuned it to my driving style, so you may want to tweak the spring rates for more over/under-steer, but here's the baseline:

Parts:
All full-race parts, including VCD (this includes trans, clutch, flywheel, full LSD, carbon driveshaft, port/polish, engine balance, chip, race intercooler & stage 3 turbo--should be @ about 556hp)
Stage 3 lightening
Chassis refresher
N2 & N1 tires.

Settings:
Driving aids OFF!
Tires: F-N2, R-N1
Brake controller: F-24, R-22
Transmission: Auto set #7
Springs: F-16.5, R-13.0
Ride Height: F-96, R-100
Shocks: 8 for all
Camber: F-2.5, R-4.4Toe: 0 all
Stabilizers: F-5, R-7
LSD: (F)Initial=5, Accel.=20, Decel.=5 (R)Initial=10, Accel.=60, Decel.=5
VCD: 10

Raise the front spring rates if you want more oversteer, lower them for understeer.

It takes a little getting used to, but once you've got it down you should be able to initiate drift without the e-brake and just modulate the throttle to control your speed/angle.

With some practice, this thing is capable of holding some pretty insane angles:

IMG0282.jpg

Dirt drops are good for you!
IMG0283.jpg

why is that a bad car to drift? well if you can fiddle with the suspension settings, then whats wrong with fiddling with the gear settings? just curious. lol

It's one of the few RWD's in the game (other than some of the race cars/unique vehicles) that just doesn't want to drift. It's possible, sure... It has quite ungainly handling (in a drift situation). The powerband is very narrow, and thus it's quite difficult to be in the right gear. Even after all the fiddling, it just never felt right.

This thing is a beast. I tuned it to my driving style, so you may want to tweak the spring rates for more over/under-steer, but here's the baseline:

You may also want to reverse the camber settings. Currently you have it set to an extreme angle in the rear, and half that in the front. Normaly, this would be reversed. A stronger front camber setting allows better grip and slightly more turning angle (very benificial for AWD's as countersteering should be minimal) through a drift. Your current setup no doubt works in some way, but I would highly suggest at least reversing your camber settings. If I remember correctly, the Stagea drifts quite well with the stock camber settings, so adding so much to the rear is probably going to be detremental to the overall balance.

Just a friendly suggestion...

;)

Last edited:
You may also want to reverse the camber settings. Currently you have it set to an extreme angle in the rear, and half that in the front. Normaly, this would be reversed. A stronger front camber setting allows better grip and slightly more turning angle (very benificial for AWD's as countersteering should be minimal) through a drift. Your current setup no doubt works in some way, but I would highly suggest at least reversing your camber settings. If I remember correctly, the Stagea drifts quite well with the stock camber settings, so adding so much to the rear is probably going to be detremental to the overall balance.

Just a friendly suggestion...

;)

This camber (lots in the back, less in the front) is just something I carried over from the rear-wheel drive cars I use for drift. It's nice and stable and suits my driving style, but this is the first 4wd car I've tuned to drift, so I'll try changing up the camber and see what happens.

This camber (lots in the back, less in the front) is just something I carried over from the rear-wheel drive cars I use for drift. It's nice and stable and suits my driving style, but this is the first 4wd car I've tuned to drift, so I'll try changing up the camber and see what happens.

I would highly suggest it. There really is no "good" reason to have so much camber in the rear of a RWD or AWD vehicle, especially for drifting. It will increase snap-back, and give the rear much less traction. More grip=more controllable drift.

;)

On paper, that makes sense. But for some reason I can get nice, stable drifts much easier with lots of rear camber. I'm always playing with settings, though, so who knows. Everything may change one day.

Hay guys wats up.
I wanted to share a add-on for drifting.

This works for every car just not FF cars.

I use the stock s13 silvia k's.

You can use any setup you want like with suspension and tyres and stuff.
Once you done your setup go to weight balance and put it to negative 50 and the balast weight to 25.This should make your car slide a bit better cause the weights in the front of the car and you can gain control easily.

Hi guys :D

I am wondering if there is a similar topic for drifting, but just for the GT5 prologue instead?
Anybody know of somenthing? or just some topic where I can find a lot of drift quick tunes for GT5?

Have only found 2 on youtube, ofcuase I know I can create my own, but I think it is hard to understand all those numbers, and how they have to stick together. So ATM I prefer to borrow some instead...

It would be very helpfull, thx in advance
SharoFFenstein

Hi guys :D

I am wondering if there is a similar topic for drifting, but just for the GT5 prologue instead?
Anybody know of somenthing? or just some topic where I can find a lot of drift quick tunes for GT5?

Have only found 2 on youtube, ofcuase I know I can create my own, but I think it is hard to understand all those numbers, and how they have to stick together. So ATM I prefer to borrow some instead...

It would be very helpfull, thx in advance
SharoFFenstein

This is your best bet:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192

You can find some drift tunes in there.

;)

i've got 3 really well setup drift cars in gt4 and i'd like to share my settings with the masses to help other people get started in drifting.
as i'm new here, how should i format my settings posts?

'02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Type A
Power: 541
Parts to buy:everything except for turbo buy stage 3 and buy the origional suspension the 4th one i think whichever one has bound and rebound s1 or n3 tires
Suspension Settings:
Spring rate: 13.6/14.0
Ride height: 89/92
Shock bound: 7/7
Shock rebound: 8/8
Camber angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe angle: 0.0/0.0
Stabilizers: 3/3
LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 20
LSD Accel: 42
LSD Decel: 15
Brake ballance: 10/23
Transmition:
1: 2.855
2: 1.924
3: 1.405
4: 1.146
5: 0.846
6: 0.728
AIDS OFF AIDS OFF AIDS OFF

this setting isnt for people who use the ebrake or people who like really flashy big angle drifts its for quick drifts that i believe are faster than gripping a corner

hey yall. so ive done some searching and im looking for the newer model Toyota Corolla (i think) BZ-R or something like that. i cant check right now though. anyways so being that it is FF, doesnt matter really, but i know there has to be some drift settings around here if this really is the place for them.. maybe i just didnt look hard enough but i need some settings. right now the car is stock and waiting for some attention from its new owner. lol. if nobody has any settings i'll make my own sure i got the time. if i do have to go that route, do any of the more experienced members have any pointers for front wheel drive, butt dragging, drifting?

thanks in advance b4 i forget:dopey:

also, i have a bit of front wheel drive ass dragging experience just wanna ask the people here first before i do my own tuning. k im done this reply now.. hopefully i can get some pointers at least. also is it against rules to talk about chiefing cannabis on here? i know i cant be the only herbhead in here.. anyways not to limit myself as to the amount of friends here i make here. everyone say hi to me!@ "HI, superHI!" or what i mostly get from ps3 friends.. "HI im hi, superHI"

also i think i just sharted myself.:scared:

EDIT : the car is a 98 toyota corolla levin bz-r

Last edited:
'03 Infinti G35 Coupe
Power: 406hp
*note wen u practice with it. the game will say it has 381hp if u watch replay

Parts to buy:

Semi racing Muffler(the muffler i nrmlly go by wat sounds better to me not by power)
Sports Chip
Stage 2 NA tuning
Racing Brakes
Brakes Controller
Racing Suspension
Twin PLate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customize LSD
n3 tires

Settings:

Spring rate: 12.0/8.0
Ride height: 96/96
Shock bound: 8/8
Shock rebound: 4/4
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -2/-1
Stabilizers: 1/1

LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 20
LSD Accel: 40
LSD Decel: 20

Brake ballance: 7/15

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce:0

VCD Setting: standard
Ballast:
Front:0 Rear: 0
Little description of handling characteristics:
The car handles well and can pull off some aggressive drifts. Its very balanced, I'm Using my DFP to drift. Don't Mash on the throttle keep it controlled. I love this setup. U can mess with the tire choice between N2 and N3 i personally choose N3 cause it keeps the car mantained better than n2 and is easier to power over. Im not sure how this setup would work with the DS2 if any1 tries it with Ds2 please let me nkw how u do

Little description of handling characteristics:
The car handles well and can pull off some aggressive drifts. Its very balanced, I'm Using my DFP to drift. Don't Mash on the throttle keep it controlled. I love this setup. U can mess with the tire choice between N2 and N3 i personally choose N3 cause it keeps the car mantained better than n2 and is easier to power over. Im not sure how this setup would work with the DS2 if any1 tries it with Ds2 please let me nkw how u do

You might want read the AUP before the mods get you.

Its the Accepted Use Policy. The mods can and will warn and if its deemed fit ban you. If you ask Smallhorses he can point you in the right direction. I cant seem to find it right now. But, I now Text speak is a good way to get chewed out.

Someone was asking for Honda Element drift settings. Well, I did find a video of a REAL Honda Element drifting. It's been entered into the Formula D this year. No word of if it actually competes or is just for fun.

^ In rsponse. Try this

03' Honda Element

full tune minus stiffening
N3/N1 tires (front/rear)
1.5 lsd

Susp.
Rates 6.0/6.0
Height 140/140
bound 3/3
rebound 4/4
cam. 2.5/1.0
toe 0/0
stabs 5/5

gears final first then auto
Final- 3.000
auto- 10

aids- off

Brakes- your preference works as I use power over to drift(or in this case underpower over)

Vcd-25 (doesnt need to be adjusted but this is what worked for me.)

Enjoy! :dopey:

Back