New engines on the way for Singer

• Thread starter Stotty
  • 77 comments
Agreed. They could easily double production with 2 markets and still have the demand to keep the cars priced where they are.

singer-dls_g_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_k_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_i_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_l_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_m_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_r_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_t_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_q_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_f_4000px-online.jpg

Not entirely sold on the interior and exterior colours, but damn the car looks amazing. :bowdown:

Actually, they will be a lot much than $600k in Europe once you add the VAT and import duties.

A guy on PH was very close to buying one (went to visit Simger in the UA, species his car), and with a high spec (including the most powerful engine), it was going to be c.£700k... so close to $900k.

Cheaper in the US as tax is a lot lower and you avoid the import duties.

Singer need to open a garage in Europe.

If I read it correctly, Singer themselves don't sell you a car. You give them a 964 and they go to work. So basically, I buy a Dutch registered 964, ship it to Singer, have it Singered and then shipped back. No extra taxes involved.

Edit. From their site.

Singer Vehicle Design (SVD or Singer) restores and modifies existing Porsche® automobiles for its customers. Singer does not manufacture or sell automobiles. SVD is not sponsored, associated, approved, endorsed nor, in any way, affiliated with Porsche Cars North America, Inc., or Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche, AG (www.porsche.com). The Porsche® name and crest are trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche AG, and any other products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective holders. Any mention of trademarked names or other marks is for purpose of reference only. The product of Singer’s painstaking effort is a Porsche 911® restored and reimagined by Singer. Out of respect for Porsche, and to respect Porsche’s trademark rights, this incredible machine should never under any circumstances be referred to or described as a "Singer," "Singer 911," "Singer Porsche 911" or a "Porsche Singer 911," or in any other manner that suggests that it is anything but a Porsche® 911®.

There's some very cool details in there, but the overall package doesn't work for me...

singer-dls_g_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_k_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_i_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_l_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_m_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_r_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_t_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_q_4000px-online.jpg

singer-dls_f_4000px-online.jpg

Not entirely sold on the interior and exterior colours, but damn the car looks amazing. :bowdown:
It really looks amazing. Change the rear light and the colour of the interior and it is almost a perfect 911.

Do I want to know what the price of this particular car is? :crazy:

Last edited:
Depends a lot on the customer's taste, but $500,000 is usually the benchmark for the restoration.

You have to provide a donor 964 first though.

Had a bit more time to digest and read a few more details.

4l, 500bhp, 4v aircooler motor, 6 speed manual & 990kg... :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The visible seams on the arches, the center locks and the rear diffuser don't look quite right to me... but I reckon Singer could smooth the arch seams and fit stock 5 stud wheels.

But that interior... Jesus Christ... so much want. And the colour is just incredible :drool:

I reckon well over £1M.

If I read it correctly, Singer themselves don't sell you a car. You give them a 964 and they go to work. So basically, I buy a Dutch registered 964, ship it to Singer, have it Singered and then shipped back. No extra taxes involved.

Yes, that's how the process works, but unfortunately, you do have to pay import duties and Vat on the finished article under European law.

Last edited:
Does Singer also convert a 964 into a 911 Carrera G50 with this new engine, new modern parts (suspension, electronic etc ...) ?

Does Singer also convert a 964 into a 911 Carrera G50 with this new engine, new modern parts (suspension, electronic etc ...) ?

Think of it as a regular Singer on steroids.

So more of everything except weight.

Think of it as a regular Singer on steroids.

So more of everything except weight.
I'm just wondering if Singer also converts a 964 into a Carrera model from the late '80. I'm not that keen on the '60 model.

They should start converting the 993. Nicer base model.

I'm just wondering if Singer also converts a 964 into a Carrera model from the late '80. I'm not that keen on the '60 model.

They should start converting the 993. Nicer base model.

No, they don't. Personally I don't know why they would - impact bumper 911 are horrible things by 911 standards.

The reason they use a 964 and not a 993 is the 964 chassis, roofline and panels are pretty much all interchangeable with any 911 dating back to the early 60s.

Just found this listed today after our brief discussion.
https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911/1991/496661
xmllarge_1510598194_f2a95ed2c547f7c5dfa435fc1105ded94816d3b7.jpg

I love the Porsche Midnight Blue as well as the glass in the spoiler. Interior is kinda crazy, but I like it surprisingly.

Unfortunately, I can not find a price, but judging by the thread on Rennlist, it appears you can not even get a new one for under $600,000 anymore so I'm betting a half a million on the used market.

Asking price for that one is £675k.

*insert Antonio Banderas wooing gif*

:lol:

Knowing what a new one was quoted at over a year back, that's probably close to it's original invoice price.

I would expect it's on SOR at DK.

Asking price for that one is £675k.

Jeez, I didn't know they were that expensive. Ya I'm inclined to believe this latest Singer was over a million considering all the work that went into it. You really need to be a dedicated 911 fan to shell out more than the 918 cost.

Jeez, I didn't know they were that expensive. Ya I'm inclined to believe this latest Singer was over a million considering all the work that went into it. You really need to be a dedicated 911 fan to shell out more than the 918 cost.

918's are c.£1.4 with the WP.

And the Singer is a lot more exclusive... maybe 50 in the World, vs 1,400 918's.

Personally, I'd take a Singer over a 918 every day. But a Singer over a 2.7RS would be a very hard decision!

LOL for a second I though its Norbert Singer, the legendary Porsche engineer responsible for the 935 and 962, and also of course the 911 road models.

918's are c.£1.4 with the WP.

And the Singer is a lot more exclusive... maybe 50 in the World, vs 1,400 918's.

Personally, I'd take a Singer over a 918 every day. But a Singer over a 2.7RS would be a very hard decision!
Upside is if you're ever in a position to make that call, I'm sure having all 3 is within' reach. :D

But a Singer over a 2.7RS would be a very hard decision!
Last time I popped into the Porsche dealer in Leeds to have a look they had a factory restored 2.7RS lightweight for sale for £990k. I'd have a Singer over it, but based on price alone.

Last edited:
If you have the money to spend on a Singer, you probably have the money to spend on an extra exclusive 911. So, if you're a die hard 911 fan, why not buy both? A personalised, exclusive Singer and a restored original 2.7RS.

Some very rich petrol heads are crazy (in a good way ofcourse) enough to considering buying them both.

If you have the money to spend on a Singer, you probably have the money to spend on an extra exclusive 911. So, if you're a die hard 911 fan, why not buy both? A personalised, exclusive Singer and a restored original 2.7RS.

Some very rich petrol heads are crazy (in a good way ofcourse) enough to considering buying them both.

'AndrewD', on PH, lists the following Porsches... '73 2.7RS, 997GT3RS 4.0, 996 GT3RS, 991GT3RS, 991.2GT3 (manual), 991GT2RS (confirmed allocation), Cayman GT4, 991.2 Turbo S, Carrera GT... alongside Gallardo SL, 599GTO, 288GTO, Countach LP5000S, 430 Scud & an AMG GTR.

'WTDoom' has (in addition to a number of Ferrari's and at least one Aston)... '74 RSR (race car), 997 GT3RS 4.0, 991 GT3RS, Carrera GT, 918.

Pretty sure it was Andrew D that was on the verge of buying a Singer... but thought £700k was a bit rich :lol:

Back