NEW EXPLOIT - Tyre "healing" without stopping

Hopefully people are going to be capable of refraining from exploiting this till it's fixed.
Tire wear are my favorite races :(

Can someone get this to PD asap
Those tyre wear races are my favourite too :-(. Always drive those daily races.

Exactly the same “reasoning” could be used to justify doing the pit bug, if you don’t other people will, so I’m guessing you did that too?

I haven't even done a race in the last two days and when I do I rarely do the C race, so I don't really care.
It was just a suggestion to still enjoy the game while this bug lasts, but apparently people prefer to pretend they are all so honorable and then come here and complain that this and that guy used the exploit - which is an absolute certainty as easy as it is to use, now that the cat is out of the bag.

And no I haven't used the pit bug in an online race ever, nor have I seen people do that in any of my races. But also in this case the blame is on PD, this thing has been known for months and they can't fix this over several versions? How ridiculous is that? Someone mentioned they even blocked the pit entry in some versions to prevent this from happening - instead of just making sure their LAP COUNTER works correctly!?

And finally the only ones that need to be banned are the people from the PD QA department. PD screws up and the punishment should be on the people using this bug to their advantage, a bug so obvious and easy to use it is beyond ridiculous that it passed their QA?
I really wanna see PD banning 100s or 1000s of players using this, and using this because of THEIR screwup. I really wanna see the headlines about this when the first banned player contacts his local media. "Banned for using the PS4 option button". Right...

And while we are at it: the Lancer thing: why would this be better? It is another screwup by PD. If this really was intentional by design as is being claimed, then why does the Lancer without ABS show 100 km/h the same way as the Lancer without ABS, but actually is running 110 km/h? Why would using this not be a bug, why would people running the Lancer without ABS not be in danger of being banned? After all it must be another bug that they are exploiting, And what about the people that do not know about the Lancer ABS bug?

In first Race, your SR was below 90 (but still S) - this is matching you in some strange "Sub Lobbys" with the slowest DR "higher SR" people - i had this too two times and IMO this is stupid ;)
Ok thank you explaining why the game matched me with some DS drivers. I did one warm up race at Brazil and this could have lowered my SR. Only Audi against 15 Mazda or so and people pushing me left and right. Anyway, if this tyre wear bug is still a thing on thursday I'm also considering doing it since after today's races I see myself as a victim of it.

FK, you are missing the point by a mile sorry. Exploiters get banned and no-one has any sympathy. It isn't like you could not know you are doing something wrong here.

QA misses things.. yes someone will get a rocket up their ass, but this is not an excuse, any more than me forgetting to lock my door excuses the guy who stole my TV.

QA misses things.. yes someone will get a rocket up their ass, but this is not an excuse, any more than me forgetting to lock my door excuses the guy who stole my TV.

Around here if your car gets robbed if you haven't locked it YOU get a fine too for not locking it.
Besides I rather see it as Circus Maximus and PD putting automatic weapons in the arena and then people on the forum here expect no one will pick up the machine gun.

What's your point? How many rockets exploded before Space X finally managed to land one... You can't achieve great results without making mistakes.

So true, Some people are near sighted and don’t realize or think about how much goes on behind the scenes haha

Around here if your car gets robbed if you haven't locked it YOU get a fine too for not locking it.
Besides I rather see it as Circus Maximus and PD putting automatic weapons in the arena and then people on the forum here expect no one will pick up the machine gun.

“Around here” isn’t “around PD”

but here’s a good example/analogy for everyone; if an atm started spitting money, would you dive in to grab some? Its also a glitch and you would gain an edge by participating. Now would you still grab some with police near by?

It was just a suggestion to still enjoy the game while this bug lasts, but apparently people prefer to pretend they are all so honorable and then come here and complain that this and that guy used the exploit - which is an absolute certainty as easy as it is to use, now that the cat is out of the bag.

So your solution to game breaking bugs is to not post about it on a forum so that PD can find out about and fix it as soon as possible. I'll agree than complaining about it and calling people out who do it isn't very useful but neither are the posts that try to justify cheating. These types of threads should really just be made to raise awareness and ideally videos should be made by the poster of them doing it themselves unless they can't replicate it in which casing naming someone can't be helped.
And no I haven't used the pit bug in an online race ever, nor have I seen people do that in any of my races. But also in this case the blame is on PD, this thing has been known for months and they can't fix this over several versions? How ridiculous is that? Someone mentioned they even blocked the pit entry in some versions to prevent this from happening - instead of just making sure their LAP COUNTER works correctly!?

I'm sure you're an expert on the intricacies of programming and game design as well as specifically GT Sport to be able to comment on how ridiculous it is that it took so long to fix. As without that knowledge any assessment of how good a job PD are doing would have to be pulled out of your 🤬, after all, how can you possibly know how good a job someone has done if you don't know how difficult the problem was to solve?
And finally the only ones that need to be banned are the people from the PD QA department. PD screws up and the punishment should be on the people using this bug to their advantage, a bug so obvious and easy to use it is beyond ridiculous that it passed their QA?
I really wanna see PD banning 100s or 1000s of players using this, and using this because of THEIR screwup. I really wanna see the headlines about this when the first banned player contacts his local media. "Banned for using the PS4 option button". Right...

I never said anyone should be banned for doing this so not exactly relevant to my post.
And while we are at it: the Lancer thing: why would this be better? It is another screwup by PD. If this really was intentional by design as is being claimed, then why does the Lancer without ABS show 100 km/h the same way as the Lancer without ABS, but actually is running 110 km/h? Why would using this not be a bug, why would people running the Lancer without ABS not be in danger of being banned? After all it must be another bug that they are exploiting, And what about the people that do not know about the Lancer ABS bug?

So the information we have on the no ABS Lancer thing is as follows;
  • A direct contact from PD has said that it is intentional.
  • The Lancer is the only car in the entire game where this happens.
  • It works for everyone.
  • No evidence has been provided to prove the whole "showing 100kph but going 110kph" thing and every replay I have from testing has shown no difference in actual speeds and shown speeds, and the one race I have where it was used shows people without ABS getting higher top speeds than those without.
  • It wasn't fixed in the latest update despite PD knowing about it at the same time they knew about the grip bug that they did fix, and even after we confirmed they knew about it they ran Lancer Evo one makes for several days after.
So again you must have vast inside knowledge of GT Sport workings to claim it is a bug as just based on what we know you would have to be pulling that claim out of your 🤬.

To me this looks like a cheat pd hav left in the code, this is intentional, ther is no way this can be a bug pd left it in and now ppl will use it, Kaz give us an answer.

No this is a classic bug to get missed. A side effect to using a menu that there is no good reason to use in a specific situation just didn't get tested, and players who spotted it ages ago obviously kept quiet and cheated.

A good QA test lead SHOULD find this, as they should ensure their people try every possible combo of menus, situations and keys (and drive programmers crazy with 'if you go into options and press x on a full moon it causes a minor lag in network performance for 8 seconds, urgent status fix required') but stuff always slips through.

It would be fair to reset the sportsmanship/safety rating of all these people exploiting the game (if they can't ban them), stick them in races with the deliberate wreckers and their fellow cheats. If they want to take the fun out of the game for us crush their enjoyment.

I think people who cheat (if it can be detected and proven) should have everything reset to zero.

No this is a classic bug to get missed. A side effect to using a menu that there is no good reason to use in a specific situation just didn't get tested, and players who spotted it ages ago obviously kept quiet and cheated.

A good QA test lead SHOULD find this, as they should ensure their people try every possible combo of menus, situations and keys (and drive programmers crazy with 'if you go into options and press x on a full moon it causes a minor lag in network performance for 8 seconds, urgent status fix required') but stuff always slips through.

A good QA lead already works there. This vision, idea, that every branch of a code should be tested is not true. It’s not true, because it’s not possible in any human schedule. Automated tests can test faster, but hey! They’re automated... so they’ll have flaws too. There’s no way of testing every if statement in a code... and there’s no way of testing an if statement that’s missing.

Given the physics and graphics scopes, I say they’ve done an incredible job. There’s been some problems, but they’re fixing it.

A good QA lead already works there. This vision, idea, that every branch of a code should be tested is not true. It’s not true, because it’s not possible in any human schedule. Automated tests can test faster, but hey! They’re automated... so they’ll have flaws too. There’s no way of testing every if statement in a code... and there’s no way of testing an if statement that’s missing.

Given the physics and graphics scopes, I say they’ve done an incredible job. There’s been some problems, but they’re fixing it.
That was my point. They AIM to test everything but of course cannot do so. This one IS a bad bug though.

While I agree to an extent with you, testing should have been laser focused on Sport mode. For comparison, the Scapes feature is incredibly complex, and yet I can't think of any bugs. They obviously spent a ton of development and QA time on that feature. Yet we still have very gameplay-hindering bugs lingering around online racing, such as the lobby bug where people stay stuck in Auto Drive at the start of a race, or the bug where lobby qualifying times get reset at the start of a race. Or this new bug which wouldn't be hard to catch with decent test coverage.

While I agree to an extent with you, testing should have been laser focused on Sport mode. For comparison, the Scapes feature is incredibly complex, and yet I can't think of any bugs. They obviously spent a ton of development and QA time on that feature. Yet we still have very gameplay-hindering bugs lingering around online racing, such as the lobby bug where people stay stuck in Auto Drive at the start of a race, or the bug where lobby qualifying times get reset at the start of a race. Or this new bug which wouldn't be hard to catch with decent test coverage.

You don’t remember bugs in the scape mode, because there are NOT millions of players poking around. I’d say, for the number of players, their time spent racing, and their will to win... I don’t think we’ve found that many bugs in racing mode too. They’ll fix it. It’s ok.

To those saying 'it's in the game, you can use it', actually, you can't.
YOU accepted the ToS when you bought PS+ which expressly prohibits abuse of such unintended coding errors, glitches and bugs.
So, if you're banned, even for testing such glitches, you have NO recourse.

Edit:- Credit to @FPV MIC for posting this in another thread about bans.

From the 'Community Code of Conduct'
  • You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfairadvantage.

Last edited:
I think more people should use this glitch.

When Ban Hammer comes , we will have less Idiots to ruin the races.

Let them use it, payback will be later

I hope they just patch it out instead. I mean I can see how some innocents could get banned over this. I remember last week I hit the options button by mistake during a race. Now while it wasn't race C, it could very well have been and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be banned for something getting triggered due to a mistake or ignorance.

I hope they just patch it out instead. I mean I can see how some innocents could get banned over this. I remember last week I hit the options button by mistake during a race. Now while it wasn't race C, it could very well have been and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be banned for something getting triggered due to a mistake or ignorance.
It's true that this is more difficult to detect than other glitches, however, if someone pauses 3 times in every 10 lap race they partake in and don't pit at all... it's pretty clear that this user is abusing the system.

I believe you can turn cones on and off mid race which would presumably reset tyres too.

I believe you can turn cones on and off mid race which would presumably reset tyres too.
I didn't even know that. This is so much worse. Imagine someone actually wants to do that and gets banned. Of course PD/Sony would look at multiple instances but still it's unsettling.

I didn't even know that. This is so much worse. Imagine someone actually wants to do that and gets banned. Of course PD/Sony would look at multiple instances but still it's unsettling.

I think it would be clear who was abusing it... if you were using it to refresh your tyres then you would do it probably 3 or 4 times in a 10 lap race. Why would you turn cones on and off 3 or 4 times per race? You wouldn't...

It would be interesting to know how the two guys caught using this bug testing this bug switching cones on and off for different areas of the track, found this bug.
oh I might have answered my own question.

I had thought someone found it when they went to rage quit, but then changed their mind.

Can someone ask the 'testers' if they found this themselves and under what circumstance they found it, or did they see someone else doing it and then tested how it was done.

Back