New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
I must have missed it, where was it said the Gr1-4 system would remain? All I saw was the interview here where it was implied it was gone entirely.
It's still there, alongside the PP number on race cars.

GT7.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-151709_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-151709_YouTube.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20211026-183547_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-183547_YouTube.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20211026-183535_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-183535_YouTube.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20211026-183445_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-183445_YouTube.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Y'all should also realise that the show ended 10 years ago and things are allowed to move on and evolve.
Hot Version is still going, fwiw.

But it being BM/HV : The Game is why there's always cross series grids and such.

Man, y'all need to remember that at it's core the GT series has always been Best Motoring/Hot Version : The Game.
Kinda but not really. I don't see a whole lot that tie the two together other than Japanese cars and tracks. Maybe that's enough for you, but I'd suggest that there's about as much tying together Gran Turismo and Top Gear, or Gran Turismo and the Fast and the Furious.

I see no reason why both can’t co-exist.
In a perfect world, there's no reason at all. In practice it tugs the game design in different directions and leaves two groups of fans grumbling about things like car and track selection every time there's an update, and where PD should be using their resources.

I see no reason why both can’t co-exist.
They can, and they kinda do. In GTS the focus was on racing, in GT7 clearly not as much, although it will still be present. GT7 has to appeal to more players than GTS did. The fact that the game has to focus on a lot of things, ends up becoming a problem. There's a part of the community that wants it to be a Sim, others want really deep tuning, others want the best graphics, others want a free world, etc.

For me the one thing I'm always looking forward, is having as many cars as possible to explore. It's what gives the game longevity.

They can, and they kinda do. In GTS the focus was on racing, in GT7 clearly not as much, although it will still be present. GT7 has to appeal to more players than GTS did. The fact that the game has to focus on a lot of things, ends up becoming a problem. There's a part of the community that wants it to be a Sim, others want really deep tuning, others want the best graphics, others want a free world, etc.

For me the one thing I'm always looking forward, is having as many cars as possible to explore. It's what gives the game longevity.
Yeah, that was the issue with GT5. It ambitiously tried to check off as many boxes as possible, and different areas of the game suffered because of it. But I'm not getting that vibe from GT7 based on what we've seen so far. It looks like PD is really playing it safe this time and not trying to take on too much by just focusing on the traditional elements absent from GTS along with what GTS already has, rather than new features. This is why I think it will turn out fine.
In a perfect world, there's no reason at all. In practice it tugs the game design in different directions and leaves two groups of fans grumbling about things like car and track selection every time there's an update, and where PD should be using their resources.
True. Hopefully PD can find a balance to keep both sides satisfied. But let's be honest, at the end of the day there's always going to be someone who isn't happy when all is said and done.

Last edited:
That was honestly one of the cars I least expected to come back as a "hyper premium". I would've been content with just putting the Spec II livery on the test car like in GT Sport.
*Fixed that for you, as on the PS5 version, I tend to call them "hyper premium" because of the added benefits of ray-tracing.

It's also currently the only fictional race car that was once a Standard to be fully converted into a Premium car. Remember that it would take a year for the car modeling team to create a fictional race car out of an existing car as opposed to six months for a real race car, or just about any real car at all.

What more if it's bringing back fictional cars from the PS2 era into remastered, hyper premium models?

Last edited:
*Fixed that for you, as on the PS5 version, I tend to call them "hyper premium" because of the added benefits of ray-tracing.
Did Polyphony Digital ever actually say they're doing ray-tracing? Because I haven't seen any indication of that.

Remember that it would take a year for the car modeling team to create a fictional race car out of an existing car as opposed to six months for a real race car, or just about any real car at all.
Uh correction, it's actually now 3 months to model a car:

Did Polyphony Digital ever actually say they're doing ray-tracing? Because I haven't seen any indication of that.

Uh correction, it's actually now 3 months to model a car:
1. PS5 only on replays, menus and Scapes.
2. It depends on the car, as I believe it's only these models being outsourced that are being finished faster. Assuming a vast majority of cars modeled for GT7 were modeled in-house without the outsourcing support, this could mean they're still done in six months.

Last edited:
Remember that it would take a year for the car modeling team to create a fictional race car out of an existing car as opposed to six months for a real race car, or just about any real car at all.
Is there proof of this? I would think that, creating a fictional racing version of an existing car, would take less time than modeling a real car from scratch, since they can take creative freedom, while the real thing they spend time trying to accurately model it to the smallest detail.

PS5 only on replays, menus and Scapes.
And any source link?

It depends on the car, as I believe it's only these models being outsourced that are being finished faster. Assuming a vast majority of cars modeled for GT7 were modeled in-house without the outsourcing support, this could mean they're still done in six months
The way that Andrew (Famine) words the article says otherwise. That doesn't make sense, why would it just be the outsourced company and not PD's own modeling staff? Polyphony Digital still likely oversees the work done by the quality. Implying that they probably operate at the same speed now. A lot of things have changed, they could've easily found methods to speed up the process.

Last edited:
Is there proof of this? I would think that, creating a fictional racing version of an existing car, would take less time than modeling a real car from scratch, since they can take creative freedom, while the real thing they spend time trying to accurately model it to the smallest detail.
Forgot where the link is, but I remember Kaz once said basically that.

I think the reason why it will take longer to build a fictional racing version of an existing race car is because they'll still have to conceptualize it out of the existing car; this could take long to realize it before it's worked on (sometimes even having to completely reimagine the car in the case of the Peugeot RCZ Gr. 3 and its homologation road car variant, where the original car was an FF, the race and fictional road special are MR).

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back