New GT5 Ad

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darkpitiless
  • 60 comments
  • 6,320 views
Messages
316
Messages
Darkpitiless
Fresh out of the oven ;)

 
Last edited:
*In before the discussion about cars jumping over one another*

It was pretty cool though, played like a cheesy 80's Japanese toy car ad or something. I like video game ads that do something other then show a prerendered cut scene trailer to the game with some crap music in it.
 
Ooo... Never seen it before!
 
Very nice; thanks for posting!
 
Yes, this video was the release date announcement. It accompanied the announcement made on the German Playstation blog.
 
5 years of the best teaser trailers ever made.

And the launch one if utter ****.
 
Well, we might as well turn this into the "GT5 Commercials" Thread.
 
Fresh out of the oven ;)



Another version of we love cars.


Speaking of which I'm digging the 80s' Commodore 64 SID style music anyone knows who that is by any chance?

Thanks!
 
Wow, people disliked this ad? I don't see whats wrong with it.
 
I'd rather see game footage, but it's cool in its own way.

Its something different, like the we love cars Japanese ad. We will have footage as well, that was more of a launch trailer than an advert anyway.
 
Yes. GS posted it couple days ago and it accompanied the new release date announcement.

Since when couple of days is OLD? COUPLE = 2.. not old.. get a grip on yourself :dunce:
 
Who needs a demo?
Game is out by next week. Demo will make the wait longer.. Also we all know DEMO for Racing games dont tell full story. We all know already Physics will be killer.
 
so all the black cars are nissan? ;)
 
Who needs a demo?
Game is out by next week. Demo will make the wait longer.. Also we all know DEMO for Racing games dont tell full story. We all know already Physics will be killer.

Well it was my first time playin it today..and im fienin. But it has changed soo much the sound the physics everything it feels so complete. The standard cars dont look to far off the premium only except they dont have cockpit view so that was also a plus..perfect game
 
Well it was my first time playin it today..and im fienin. But it has changed soo much the sound the physics everything it feels so complete. The standard cars dont look to far off the premium only except they dont have cockpit view so that was also a plus..perfect game

You play Bestbuy/GameStop demo or Full game?

Both are two different things.
 
I like it. It's short, "cute" (for lack of a better word), and I think its intention is to tug at the kid inside all of us. I'll only speak for myself, but I know as a kid, I'd spend hours just playing "cars." Line them up, crash them, jump them over each other, have the boss car that no other car could beat (of course it was my own arms pushing the cars), etc.

Would this ad sell the game though? Likely not. People want footage, they want to see what they're going to get. This, IMO, is a teaser more than an ad. If its intention is to awaken our inner child, it worked for me.
 
Back