New-ish to Tuning. Some Feedback Would Be Great!

United States
United States
mrchunky316
Hello there!

Started playing gt6 again and I'm having a blast. Currently, I am trying to tune a 300zx mainly because it's my dream car, and I just want to have fun playing the game while driving the car I love.

I have started tuning a while ago but after growing up and understanding car mechanics more, I got into tuning a little more. For this car, I wanted to make it as realistic to my dream car as possible. Because of this, some compromises were made (low for looks, less camber for looks, etc.) so I am just trying to dial in the suspension tuning. I think I got the car to the point where it feels comfortable for me to drive but I'm not sure if it's a decent tune or because I don't know how to drive and am just messing with the tune because I'm bad at driving. Some feedback would be great!

The car and parts:
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89
PP: 557
HP: 556
Weight: 1,310 kg

Tires: Sport Soft
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Brakes: Racing Brakes
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple Plate (Idk what to do here so I chose that. Should I go twin?)
Other: Carbon Driveshaft and Fully Customizable LSD

Power:
Power Limiter: 96.1%
Stage 1, Sports Computer, Sports Exhaust, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, Sport Catalytic Converter, Intake Tuning, Mid RPM Range Turbo, Nitrous (I don't use it but have it just because lol)

Body:
Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Standard Hood, Window Weight Reduction, Type B Aero Kit, Standard Flat Floor, and Rear Wing, 2 Inches Up RAYS 57Xtreme

Pit Stuff:
Oil Change

The Tune Itself:
Height: 87/87
Spring Rate: 12.25/12.00
Dampers (Compression): 8/4
Dampers (Extension): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6
Camber: 0.8/0.4
Toe: 0.03/0.15
Brakes: 1/0

Transmission (Don't remember the steps, I mainly mimicked the 370z/ G37 manual trans gear ratio):
Max Speed: 186mph/299 km/h
1: 3.754 (The true ratio is like 3.792 but that's was as close I was able to get it)
2: 2.324
3: 1.624
4: 1.271
5: 1.000
6: 0.794
Final Gear: 3.692

Drivetrain:
Initial: 8
Accel: 12
Braking: 48 (apparently this is pretty high?)

Body:
Ballast Weight: 97 kg
Ballast Position: 50%

I play on controller with all assist off but that does not matter to me much. I only do it to mimic real life. My controller sensitivity is at 0

I race on Mount Panorama mainly because it's my favorite track. My fastest time was a 2:15.541 with a couple of mistakes so I know I can be a little faster.

So that is it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and test this!

Some background of the car if anyone is curious:
Following some of my favorite YouTubers, I came across Jimmy Oakes and his 300zx SR20 swap. The car was a 2+2 with a full interior and I believe the car weighed like 2800-2900lbs. Ever since then, the SR-Z has been my dream car. I tried to mimic it as best as I can to what I want it to do (around that weight, about 550hp on an SR20 with a VE head). Dunno how possible it'll be to own a car like that but one can dream.

Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

I got a little more time to dial in the tune. The main issue I'm having is instability under raking. Currently, I ret my Braking diff setting to 23 instead of 48. It seems to be helping but I'm not sure what else I should change

Hello there!

Started playing gt6 again and I'm having a blast. Currently, I am trying to tune a 300zx mainly because it's my dream car, and I just want to have fun playing the game while driving the car I love.

I have started tuning a while ago but after growing up and understanding car mechanics more, I got into tuning a little more. For this car, I wanted to make it as realistic to my dream car as possible. Because of this, some compromises were made (low for looks, less camber for looks, etc.) so I am just trying to dial in the suspension tuning. I think I got the car to the point where it feels comfortable for me to drive but I'm not sure if it's a decent tune or because I don't know how to drive and am just messing with the tune because I'm bad at driving. Some feedback would be great!

The car and parts:
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89
PP: 557
HP: 556
Weight: 1,310 kg

Tires: Sport Soft
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Brakes: Racing Brakes
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple Plate (Idk what to do here so I chose that. Should I go twin?)
Other: Carbon Driveshaft and Fully Customizable LSD

Power:
Power Limiter: 96.1%
Stage 1, Sports Computer, Sports Exhaust, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, Sport Catalytic Converter, Intake Tuning, Mid RPM Range Turbo, Nitrous (I don't use it but have it just because lol)

Body:
Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Standard Hood, Window Weight Reduction, Type B Aero Kit, Standard Flat Floor, and Rear Wing, 2 Inches Up RAYS 57Xtreme

Pit Stuff:
Oil Change

The Tune Itself:
Height: 87/87
Spring Rate: 12.25/12.00
Dampers (Compression): 8/4
Dampers (Extension): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6
Camber: 0.8/0.4
Toe: 0.03/0.15
Brakes: 1/0

Transmission (Don't remember the steps, I mainly mimicked the 370z/ G37 manual trans gear ratio):
Max Speed: 186mph/299 km/h
1: 3.754 (The true ratio is like 3.792 but that's was as close I was able to get it)
2: 2.324
3: 1.624
4: 1.271
5: 1.000
6: 0.794
Final Gear: 3.692

Drivetrain:
Initial: 8
Accel: 12
Braking: 48 (apparently this is pretty high?)

Body:
Ballast Weight: 97 kg
Ballast Position: 50%

I play on controller with all assist off but that does not matter to me much. I only do it to mimic real life. My controller sensitivity is at 0

I race on Mount Panorama mainly because it's my favorite track. My fastest time was a 2:15.541 with a couple of mistakes so I know I can be a little faster.

So that is it. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and test this!

Some background of the car if anyone is curious:
Following some of my favorite YouTubers, I came across Jimmy Oakes and his 300zx SR20 swap. The car was a 2+2 with a full interior and I believe the car weighed like 2800-2900lbs. Ever since then, the SR-Z has been my dream car. I tried to mimic it as best as I can to what I want it to do (around that weight, about 550hp on an SR20 with a VE head). Dunno how possible it'll be to own a car like that but one can dream.

View attachment 965889

My best advice to you is play about with settings one at a time, until you find what works for you......it won't suit everyone but as long as it suits your driving style it's fine. Try and look at other tunes for the car and compare them to yours. See what works for others and what's different to your tune. Personally I don't like putting flat floors and rear wings on road cars.
I know you want your car around the 550PP mark, but it might surprise you if you brought the power down.....less power gives greater control!
Just for comparison, have a look at how I tuned it at 450PP on SH tyres. (It's on the tuning Database..... Sorry don't know how to link to it!) . Don't be scared to take the best bits from other people's tunes if they work for you:tup:

Try lowering your braking sensitivity more and play with your brake balance.

By that, do you mean switching back to the stock brakes and messing around with that? My brake settings are already really low'

My best advice to you is play about with settings one at a time, until you find what works for you......it won't suit everyone but as long as it suits your driving style it's fine. Try and look at other tunes for the car and compare them to yours. See what works for others and what's different to your tune. Personally I don't like putting flat floors and rear wings on road cars.
I know you want your car around the 550PP mark, but it might surprise you if you brought the power down.....less power gives greater control!
Just for comparison, have a look at how I tuned it at 450PP on SH tyres. (It's on the tuning Database..... Sorry don't know how to link to it!) . Don't be scared to take the best bits from other people's tunes if they work for you:tup:

That's another reason I wanted to play around with in this game. 550hp is just an arbitrary number I came up with for a power goal. I'll try turning it down some more. Thanks for the suggestions!

By that, do you mean switching back to the stock brakes and messing around with that? My brake settings are already really low
Stick with racing brakes, just change the front and rear balance. Even though you already have them very low a bigger gap between front and rear can help (3 - 1 or 4 - 1)

Little update:

I followed Kenzel's advice and took a look at your tune. Mixed and matched our tune together and now feel a lot more confident. I also turned back on abs since no matter what I've done, the car still moves side to side under high speed, heavy braking.

I will try changing the brake balance later when I have time again. I really missed playing this game.

Last edited:
Little update:

I followed Kenzel's advice and took a look at your tune. Mixed and matched our tune together and now feel a lot more confident. I also turned back on abs since no matter what I've done, the car still moves side to side under high speed, heavy braking.

I will try changing the brake balance later when I have time again. I really missed playing this game.
If you feel like some fun / competition come check at the challenge hub.

Latest Posts

Back