New kid in town!!! Global world records going!!

• Thread starter Mcpartyman
  • 98 comments
England
England
Mcpartyman
Strange things happening since the last update. I noticed trp button has suddenly broken a few global world records that eb4 held and now a new guy TRL Lightning has suddenly broken two!! Has anyone else found their times improving more than expected????

Strange things happening since the last update. I noticed trp button has suddenly broken a few global world records that eb4 held and now a new guy TRL Lightning has suddenly broken two!! Has anyone else found their times improving more than expected????
TRP Button has been up there for quite some time, mostly a leader on challenges than for stage or track WRs - maybe he's branched out? He also runs a photo mode group and reports in to Evolution via Twitter with their work fairly regularly. TRL is a team, I think, like adding GTP to your username - never encountered TRL Lightning, but then again, I'm not really one who gets anywhere near those rarefied heights.

TRP Button has been up there for quite some time, mostly a leader on challenges than for stage or track WRs - maybe he's branched out? He also runs a photo mode group and reports in to Evolution via Twitter with their work fairly regularly. TRL is a team, I think, like adding GTP to your username - never encountered TRL Lightning, but then again, I'm not really one who gets anywhere near those rarefied heights.
Lightning took over 1 second off eb4tiky lap record at Loch Duich reverse, usually it's maximum 10ths of a second on these records and nobody destroys tickys times. Yep Trp button has been around for ages but he's definitely behind kie25 and eb4 most of the time. I've seen his photos, quite good but in photography terms he's probably behind torque 99 who seems to be hitting the heights lately.

Lightning took over 1 second off eb4tiky lap record at Loch Duich reverse, usually it's maximum 10ths of a second on these records and nobody destroys tickys times...
A second is a lot alright. By mentioning TRP Button's photos though, I meant to suggest that his photo mode group is high enough placed for him to be in likely communication with the development team - which in turn means that they will have heard about Team Red Line and would be investigating. They responded in a similar fashion quite some time ago when someone on FB questioned one of the top team scores.

I wouldn't read too much into it,some of these world records aren't anywhere near having all the time squeezed out of them.Where as others are super competitive and like you say only have 10th's here and there to gain.Some will have been set some time ago and never revisited,i know I'm a faster driver than i was 6 months ago,I'm sure it's the same for the top guys!
Just last week I did a TT on Sinclairs in the Renault RS01,on my 2nd lap I got the WR,over a second ahead of Kie25!!Now I know I'm not that good,so in reality Kie's lap was probably a quick try out to see the RS01.(Arsenalkid took more than a second out of me since then,and he hates Sinclair :)
Looking at Youtube,TRL looks genuinely quick,with quite a few WR's,wouldn't it be nice to have a livestream with a handful of the elite drivers taking on couple of TT events?

I wouldn't read too much into it,some of these world records aren't anywhere near having all the time squeezed out of them.Where as others are super competitive and like you say only have 10th's here and there to gain.Some will have been set some time ago and never revisited,i know I'm a faster driver than i was 6 months ago,I'm sure it's the same for the top guys!
Just last week I did a TT on Sinclairs in the Renault RS01,on my 2nd lap I got the WR,over a second ahead of Kie25!!Now I know I'm not that good,so in reality Kie's lap was probably a quick try out to see the RS01.(Arsenalkid took more than a second out of me since then,and he hates Sinclair :)
Looking at Youtube,TRL looks genuinely quick,with quite a few WR's,wouldn't it be nice to have a livestream with a handful of the elite drivers taking on couple of TT events?
Cheers Paul and well done on the RS01 WR, don't think I've ever beat kie25!! I was racing in Japan for a change the other day and you were right up there on nearly every leaderboard, must be your favourite now?? TRL is def genuine, he's a really nice unassuming guy considering his talents. He took 7 seconds off eb4 dambuster record at Glenmorgan, admittedly a long 8 lap race. Have a look at his Loch Duich reverse record for the one on you tube. If that isn't giving it everything I don't know what is!!

Thanks @Mcpartyman appreciate the comment on #4, I think posting on here so many photos all year may have helped me a touch ^^^ ;););)

Gotta agree with Simon,your photos are generally amazing,I'm not sure how you manage to squeeze any actual racing in,you must forever be in photomode!
And yeah Japan is by far my favorite location,over 35k miles driven( more than all the other locations put together!)Takahagi hills reversed is probably my favorite track(in any game),it's perfectly designed for some great multiplayer action,plenty of space and a starting section that allows a decent player to pull away from the griefers.
Nakasendo has to be the best point to point,they've crammed so many memorable locations into that course,it's incredible and there are numerous challenging areas ready to trip you up, right up to that nasty little blind right hander into the tunnel just before the finish.Then we have purple paddy lights in Kobago,the beauty of lake Shoji and yeah ok I'm a Japan fan!!!

@RL_23 is the one with a crazy amount of photos ;) though Mr @torque99 does have a silly amount too - I'm surprised either of them even finished the game :D

You forgot to mention a little detail @MeanElf ^^^ you have taken 2000+ more than me :ill::lol:

New years resolution to myself- More driving and less photo taking..I am trying my best to limit photo shots down to 4-5 max each session this is really helping with (real) time and more driving time :gtpflag:

Thanks @bloodsugar6 Appreciated 👍👍 I always manage a race or two don't worry ;) the photos are done after on replay or paused if I have more time or see an opportunity but think I have seen them all now (nearly)! :lol:

Yeah, the whole global records thing is a tad tacky. eb4 normally dominates but there's some that excel even in his skill, basically by having so much experience on a particular track. Button has been a contender for a while, kie25 doesn't play that much anymore, not from what activity i see, but a friend of mine who also plays the game said a while ago that it doesn't matter about a global record, but rather can he stay consistent with all the cars and get a WR Time for all of them as well?

Consistency is key between these things, i'd rather someone prove to me they know a track well by dominating it with every car than just the fastest car in the game.

Me having a Record with the R.S 01 on Sinclair shows that i know the track with the Renault. They all have different handling characteristics and models. So if someone can show me they've done it with all the cars, that's pretty impressive in itself. Everyone normally doesn't bother with the One anymore because of it's sheer power and speed. They lose the confidence when they see the big names so no one really wants to have a go at it.

I personally don't mind the One:1 and the ridiculous times people post with it.

But it kinda becomes a cliche within the game though. That's what bothers me, everyone refers back to a Koenigsegg One:1 time rather than another impressive time with any other car in the game. Granted the One:1 has it's huge fame for it's 1:1 power to weight ratio, but come on. There are other interesting cars and such to get records in or even just put in a lap.

Cheers Paul and well done on the RS01 WR, don't think I've ever beat kie25!! I was racing in Japan for a change the other day and you were right up there on nearly every leaderboard, must be your favourite now?? TRL is def genuine, he's a really nice unassuming guy considering his talents. He took 7 seconds off eb4 dambuster record at Glenmorgan, admittedly a long 8 lap race. Have a look at his Loch Duich reverse record for the one on you tube. If that isn't giving it everything I don't know what is!!

I was able to get within 3 seconds of him there, the 12C is probably the better car for that race even though it's slower than the 650S in general on dry at least. But yeah, those TRL guys are definitely the real deal.

I'm not surprised Lightning is taking it by storm. He's really good at GT6 and I've seen he's adapted well to Driveclub. :)

I was able to get within 3 seconds of him there, the 12C is probably the better car for that race even though it's slower than the 650S in general on dry at least. But yeah, those TRL guys are definitely the real deal.
You are quick I know so well done there, eb4 must be slipping back fast. I noticed kie25 speaking to Evolution about the fact that the grip has recently got better when people go off road. I think this may be aiding better times but I suppose it's the same for everyone. Have a look at TRL Lightnings WR at Loch Duich normal on you tube. That has some serious off road in it, which I think proves kie25 point. TRL LIGHTNING is still a phenomenonally fast driver.

I'm not surprised Lightning is taking it by storm. He's really good at GT6 and I've seen he's adapted well to Driveclub. :)
No argument Lightning is the real deal, and a nice chap too. There is another guy from GT6 called TRL Immortal, I understand he's quite quick too but not sure he has driveclub.

Yeah, the whole global records thing is a tad tacky. eb4 normally dominates but there's some that excel even in his skill, basically by having so much experience on a particular track. Button has been a contender for a while, kie25 doesn't play that much anymore, not from what activity i see, but a friend of mine who also plays the game said a while ago that it doesn't matter about a global record, but rather can he stay consistent with all the cars and get a WR Time for all of them as well?

Consistency is key between these things, i'd rather someone prove to me they know a track well by dominating it with every car than just the fastest car in the game.

Me having a Record with the R.S 01 on Sinclair shows that i know the track with the Renault. They all have different handling characteristics and models. So if someone can show me they've done it with all the cars, that's pretty impressive in itself. Everyone normally doesn't bother with the One anymore because of it's sheer power and speed. They lose the confidence when they see the big names so no one really wants to have a go at it.

I personally don't mind the One:1 and the ridiculous times people post with it.

But it kinda becomes a cliche within the game though. That's what bothers me, everyone refers back to a Koenigsegg One:1 time rather than another impressive time with any other car in the game. Granted the One:1 has it's huge fame for it's 1:1 power to weight ratio, but come on. There are other interesting cars and such to get records in or even just put in a lap.
Kie25 did it with all the cars on one of the Japanese racing circuits and DavidR1978 nearly has the full set at Wester Ross.

Last edited by a moderator:
No argument Lightning is the real deal, and a nice chap too. There is another guy from GT6 called TRL Immortal, I understand he's quite quick too but not sure he has driveclub.
I don't think Immortal is interested in Driveclub.

Kie25 did it with all the cars on one of the Japanese racing circuits and DavidR1978 nearly has the full set at Wester Ross.

I got most on Putre in Chile. That point to point suits me for some reason. I don't drive the One:1 there mainly cuz I like being the only Ferrari near the top.

I've seen them, we monitored David's progress at Wester Ross when he was in our Club. He's left now though. He's in Natural Racers with the rest of the guys.

kie25, obviously i've seen his times on AHR 1 (Asagiri Hills Raceway) i think that's where one of the elite challenges are. Set in the Mazzanti i believe? I'm not too sure.

I recently got 3rd in the One:1 in AHR 3 but that was from a challenge, i like the One:1 but i don't like setting laps with it. It's a handful and it's not something i'd use to set a time with. The challenge was there, a friend had sent it forward to me, so i tried it, next thing i know i'm in a competition with my friends about who's going to have the #1 spot on the challenge leaderboard.

In other news, got back my LaFerrari record on Fraser Valley a certain SOMEONE stole.

I've seen them, we monitored David's progress at Wester Ross when he was in our Club. He's left now though. He's in Natural Racers with the rest of the guys.

kie25, obviously i've seen his times on AHR 1 (Asagiri Hills Raceway) i think that's where one of the elite challenges are. Set in the Mazzanti i believe? I'm not too sure.

I recently got 3rd in the One:1 in AHR 3 but that was from a challenge, i like the One:1 but i don't like setting laps with it. It's a handful and it's not something i'd use to set a time with. The challenge was there, a friend had sent it forward to me, so i tried it, next thing i know i'm in a competition with my friends about who's going to have the #1 spot on the challenge leaderboard.

In other news, got back my LaFerrari record on Fraser Valley a certain SOMEONE stole.
Lol, the LaFerrari record was a great time. I didn't expect to beat it but I saw you reclaimed it, well done, I know you like that car and course. I had a try to regain tonite but only got a 46.9xx at best!!

You are quick I know so well done there, eb4 must be slipping back fast. I noticed kie25 speaking to Evolution about the fact that the grip has recently got better when people go off road. I think this may be aiding better times but I suppose it's the same for everyone. Have a look at TRL Lightnings WR at Loch Duich normal on you tube. That has some serious off road in it, which I think proves kie25 point. TRL LIGHTNING is still a phenomenonally fast driver.

Yeah it's weird that many people say that the grip has improved but there is no certainty for it, as you say it's the same for everyone to be honest, at least it makes it more entertaining to see records broken more often. :D I'd still consider eb4 the fastest driver in the game just because some of his WRs are so ridiculous and I don't think he's played that much lately, would be interesting to see how much he could improve his previous times.

Yeah it's weird that many people say that the grip has improved but there is no certainty for it, as you say it's the same for everyone to be honest, at least it makes it more entertaining to see records broken more often. :D I'd still consider eb4 the fastest driver in the game just because some of his WRs are so ridiculous and I don't think he's played that much lately, would be interesting to see how much he could improve his previous times.
Agree completely :-)

Just watched that TRL guy and the world record around Loch Duich..it's more like one long controlled crash the amount of time he's airborne, still pretty impressive though :lol:

I still think evo should add the feature that if you have a top-10 on any track/make and somebody beats it you get a notification, it would sure help with the competitions (although it wouldn't be great for me as the few really high placements I have would probably go away pretty quick if the really fast folks start noticing I snuck by them ;) )

I was quite happy I beat arsenalkid's time in something though last week (for sure he wasn't really trying, as when we both try he's usually a second or two ahead of me on average) but I am not saying where, hahahahaha

I still think evo should add the feature that if you have a top-10 on any track/make and somebody beats it you get a notification, it would sure help with the competitions (although it wouldn't be great for me as the few really high placements I have would probably go away pretty quick if the really fast folks start noticing I snuck by them ;) )

I was quite happy I beat arsenalkid's time in something though last week (for sure he wasn't really trying, as when we both try he's usually a second or two ahead of me on average) but I am not saying where, hahahahaha
Too modest, you were way quicker than me in all Moto's competitions!!

Just watched that TRL guy and the world record around Loch Duich..it's more like one long controlled crash the amount of time he's airborne, still pretty impressive though :lol:
It's about the wildest most off road record I've ever seen. Loch Duich, not the reverse one!!

It's about the wildest most off road record I've ever seen. Loch Duich, not the reverse one!!
Can you please stop double posting? Use the +quote feature if you want to quote more than one post. Thanks.

Can you please stop double posting? Use the +quote feature if you want to quote more than one post. Thanks.
Sorry Daan, that's just an educational thing, now I know I will use! Apologies to all those that were offended. Nice to see you on board Lightning, welcome to GTP!!

Back