New kid in town!!! Global world records going!!

• Thread starter Mcpartyman
  • 98 comments
Since the Bike DLC was added to Driveclub it has affected the Grip Levels an in doing so made previous Times seem not as good, apparently in testing the bikes they where harder than expected an in consquence they "accidentally" changed the car handling an grip, eb4 times are on the limit to the point that it wouldnt be possible to go 1sec faster, Recently i took a break from Driveclub an came back an updated all my WR's with ease, an i'm not a player who drives for 1st then stops, i'm only intrested in doing my ultimate lap, it was a shock how easy it was an annoying, i tried the Porsche Clubsport with 5 laps i went P1 with 1sec advantage to eb4 an tbh i wish i never bothered the time i did is irrelevant.

Since the Bike DLC was added to Driveclub it has affected the Grip Levels an in doing so made previous Times seem not as good, apparently in testing the bikes they where harder than expected an in consquence they "accidentally" changed the car handling an grip, eb4 times are on the limit to the point that it wouldnt be possible to go 1sec faster, Recently i took a break from Driveclub an came back an updated all my WR's with ease, an i'm not a player who drives for 1st then stops, i'm only intrested in doing my ultimate lap, it was a shock how easy it was an annoying, i tried the Porsche Clubsport with 5 laps i went P1 with 1sec advantage to eb4 an tbh i wish i never bothered the time i did is irrelevant.
I think you are right, I am seeing loads of my records being beaten and then I am getting them back really easily. Trouble is, if they change it back, some records are going to be untouchable. From various things I have read I think it is just the off road grip that's improved.

It may be an issue for some of the users. Not everyone has this 'Grip Issue' thing you're talking about, I haven't met anyone that has told me that these supposed 'Grip Levels' have changed, If anything i'd message the developers on PlayStation or on their Twitter about the issue so they can look into it if it's a problem.

So far i've been consistent with my times both before and after the Bikes expansions so it hasn't affected me. Or it could just be that people are getting better, that's a factor. Because if this was an issue, it'd be picked up by now and the developers would explain the issue and how they're going to solve it.

So for me, i don't believe in the whole Grip increase thing who knows. I'd recommend reporting it though if you find it to be an inconvenience.

It may be an issue for some of the users. Not everyone has this 'Grip Issue' thing you're talking about, I haven't met anyone that has told me that these supposed 'Grip Levels' have changed, If anything i'd message the developers on PlayStation or on their Twitter about the issue so they can look into it if it's a problem.

So far i've been consistent with my times both before and after the Bikes expansions so it hasn't affected me. Or it could just be that people are getting better, that's a factor. Because if this was an issue, it'd be picked up by now and the developers would explain the issue and how they're going to solve it.

So for me, i don't believe in the whole Grip increase thing who knows. I'd recommend reporting it though if you find it to be an inconvenience.

It's not just me that's has noticed this an ofcourse it has been mentioned on Twitter, video's have been made an sent via pm, what we have been told is that they are aware of the issue but they cant pinpoint it.

I think you are right, I am seeing loads of my records being beaten and then I am getting them back really easily. Trouble is, if they change it back, some records are going to be untouchable. From various things I have read I think it is just the off road grip that's improved.

Track Grip also in my finding's also the boundary margin before you get penalty has widened alot an using the dirt to slow you down doesnt slow you as much.

It's not just me that's has noticed this an ofcourse it has been mentioned on Twitter, video's have been made an sent via pm, what we have been told is that they are aware of the issue but they cant pinpoint it.
Kie25 has messaged Rushy on twitter about this. TRL LIGHTNING also picked it up as soon as he beat eb4's dambuster record by 7 seconds having previously struggled toget within 4 tenths of a second of it. I think it most definitely is having an impact. One global records are usually few and far between but in addition to Lightnings magnificent recent achievements I've noticed Trp button has recently got quite a few global records, more tham would usually be expected, even though I know he's one of the quickest driver's in the game.

Track Grip also in my finding's also the boundary margin before you get penalty has widened alot an using the dirt to slow you down doesnt slow you as much.
Definitely wider boundaries if you look at Lightnings Loch Duich world record and the dirt didn't seem to slow him up so I fully agree with those findings.

Kie25 has messaged Rushy on twitter about this. TRL LIGHTNING also picked it up as soon as he beat eb4's dambuster record by 7 seconds having previously struggled toget within 4 tenths of a second of it. I think it most definitely is having an impact. One global records are usually few and far between but in addition to Lightnings magnificent recent achievements I've noticed Trp button has recently got quite a few global records, more tham would usually be expected, even though I know he's one of the quickest driver's in the game.

For sure TRP Button is quick an i know how good is Lighting is he has many great achievements on other Titles, yeah i was talking to Kie that's how i know about how they changed the Grip "handling for the Bikes" Kie told me he doesnt use a pad but he recently tried it an he said that he was instantly on target to beat his PB

I'm not intrested in Koeinseigg:embarrassed:ne it's handling is terrible i cant get my head around it, i would rather drive slower less grip, that's 'lways been my thing Yellow Bird Comfort Soft Tyres :)

I was 0,4 sec slower than him with the 650S. And then i just wanted to retry this challenge with a 12C and i was 7 sec. faster than him...

I meet Lightning yesterday in MP he is fast as hell.

First race Oliver landing no chance.
Second race Chili autodromo I guve him lil bit competition.but in the last laps I make a mistake from that I lost him.

I hope I meet you again.

I meet Lightning yesterday in MP he is fast as hell.

First race Oliver landing no chance.
Second race Chili autodromo I guve him lil bit competition.but in the last laps I make a mistake from that I lost him.

I hope I meet you again.

Really? :D
What is your PSN ID?

@TRL LIGHTNING : welcome to GTP mate! :)

@Mcpartyman : I think you will find there is alot of us, ranging from pure gamers like me and Doodle, to races that use simulators purely as a way to practice, like Richie Stanaway and Max Verstappen. All of us are concidered to be fiercely fast though.
Most of us drive GT6, iracing, Pcars, or assetto corsa. Driveclub has never really caught on as a sim.
As of right now, Team RedLine is the no. 1 virtual racing team.

@Mcpartyman : I think you will find there is alot of us, ranging from pure gamers like me and Doodle, to races that use simulators purely as a way to practice, like Richie Stanaway and Max Verstappen. All of us are concidered to be fiercely fast though.
Most of us drive GT6, iracing, Pcars, or assetto corsa. Driveclub has never really caught on as a sim.
Cheers, well whether it's a sim or not, it's great fun and a good test for the best virtual drivers. It looks like you will have to wait for GT7 and I don't think there's a better racer on PS4 than driveclub so it would be good to see more of you guys on driveclub. Interestingly I've seen quite a few move to project cars then come back to driveclub.

Ahh, I'm guessing that's why @TRL LIGHTNING is so bloody quick then, kinda semi pro huh ? That don't make me feel so bad now when I see times that are beyond me..i will just stick to being a sausage fingered noob :banghead::cheers::banghead::banghead: Merry Christmas

Cheers, well whether it's a sim or not, it's great fun and a good test for the best virtual drivers. It looks like you will have to wait for GT7 and I don't think there's a better racer on PS4 than driveclub so it would be good to see more of you guys on driveclub. Interestingly I've seen quite a few move to project cars then come back to driveclub.
Assetto Corsa is coming to PS4, thats what I'm waiting for. :)

Assetto Corsa is coming to PS4, thats what I'm waiting for. :)
Let's hope it's a good conversion, I've heard alot of good things about that game. Btw after replying to you last time I googled you guys and Omg you lot really are the real deal!!! No semi pro, you lot are a professional virtual racing team of 15 years standing with an amazing list of achievements and have actually recruited professional drivers, almost the opposite of gt academy. It's probably lucky more of you aren't in driveclub as kie25 and eb4tiky would most likely look like also rans!!

Let's hope it's a good conversion, I've heard alot of good things about that game. Btw after replying to you last time I googled you guys and Omg you lot really are the real deal!!! No semi pro, you lot are a professional virtual racing team of 15 years standing with an amazing list of achievements and have actually recruited professional drivers, almost the opposite of gt academy. It's probably lucky more of you aren't in driveclub as kie25 and eb4tiky would most likely look like also rans!!
LOL, yeah, pretty much.:sly:
And thank you for the kind words!:P
I am indeed very proud to be part of this team.

Another man's Fun could be another's dislike, If your into Simulation & Real Racing then you cant look past PCars on PS4, Driveclub is Arcade Based, both have there audiences, Team Redline will always be on the Simulation side of things, looking ahead to 2016 it will be intresting to see the gap in ability, the higher the skill gap the better, the more influence a driver can make is important also with transparency of what driving aids are used if any an separate Leaderboards.

One thing I have noticed happened yesterday. I was doing a challenge with a BMW M3 GTS. The top time's ghost cut the track on the outside. (Which is important to me, being so competitive in driving/racing games).

So some of the best times may not be legit. I believe Evolution Studios ought to look into the penalty system for challenges/events, having a leader board.

One thing I have noticed happened yesterday. I was doing a challenge with a BMW M3 GTS. The top time's ghost cut the track on the outside. (Which is important to me, being so competitive in driving/racing games).

So some of the best times may not be legit. I believe Evolution Studios ought to look into the penalty system for challenges/events, having a leader board.

On which track?

I will have to provide that info later, when i get back home. I can't remember the track, I think it was in Scotland. It was on a circuit.

I will have to provide that info later, when i get back home. I can't remember the track, I think it was in Scotland. It was on a circuit.
It's probably one of the BHR circuits. Nearly all the circuits with no barriers are now allowing plenty of off road and not just without penalty but without any slowdown. Take a look at my Rimac world record this week at BHR 2, on you tube Simon mcpartlin. Also have a look at BlaZeiT world record with the Agera on one of the Japanese AHR circuits. It's got a little silly!!!

It's probably one of the BHR circuits. Nearly all the circuits with no barriers are now allowing plenty of off road and not just without penalty but without any slowdown. Take a look at my Rimac world record this week at BHR 2, on you tube Simon mcpartlin. Also have a look at BlaZeiT world record with the Agera on one of the Japanese AHR circuits. It's got a little silly!!!
Just spent the best part of the day looking at the back of your Merc around Loch Duich reverse....got ya though! :) Only bagged the no.2 slot cant seem to get the drive u and Jamsy get off the 2nd hairpin....love the track though especially the humpback! I too have noticed some corners seem to be now a little more forgiving but ive only just got into the game properly so cant really comment with any authority....great driving by the way!

Just spent the best part of the day looking at the back of your Merc around Loch Duich reverse....got ya though! :) Only bagged the no.2 slot cant seem to get the drive u and Jamsy get off the 2nd hairpin....love the track though especially the humpback! I too have noticed some corners seem to be now a little more forgiving but ive only just got into the game properly so cant really comment with any authority....great driving by the way!
Cheers and well done! Jamsy pretty much owns Loch Duich reverse, anytime I beat his times he gets the record back!! If you can beat him too you really are flying! TRL Lightning can beat him but then he can beat anyone anywhere. You are obviously quick, I will look out for you. My default circuit for success is fraser valley reverse but it's nothing like as much fun to drive as Loch Duich.

Cheers and well done! Jamsy pretty much owns Loch Duich reverse, anytime I beat his times he gets the record back!! If you can beat him too you really are flying! TRL Lightning can beat him but then he can beat anyone anywhere. You are obviously quick, I will look out for you. My default circuit for success is fraser valley reverse but it's nothing like as much fun to drive as Loch Duich.
Ill check it out, my track of choice i guess would be Tampaca Chile as i spent a lot of time there before i realised there was a full on race community out there. Still working my way through the cars though...didnt realise how far behind i was need to unlock loads!! Not enough time in the day really. Anyway i look forward to taking up some challenges etc...ive just left my club that wasnt doing anything yada yada looking to join a reasonably good team, any ideas my man?

Back