New Need For Speed Title to be Released by March 2018

The best NFS ever made? Just the same thing they said with NFS 2015.

Personally I would like that NFS returns to the era when, still being an Arcade, the gameplay was similar to driving a car and not a shopping cart.

nfs-visual.gif

But Im afraid that the days of Hot Pursuit, High Stakes and Hot Pursuit II are not comng back. That also means that the days when luxury cars (and not tunning) ruled the franchise, are gone too.

EA's 2018 Fiscal Year is April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018. Need For Speed usually launches in November, close to thanksgiving, so we can expect a teaser in May, a full reveal at E3, and a launch in November, as usual!

I thought the 2015 Need for Speed reboot was a solid start. It was by no means a perfect game, but it still overall was an enjoyable title. I think it tried to accomplish too many goals and ended up being having watered down aspects from all the different games before it, but that doesn't mean it was bad at all.

The improvements I'd like to see is a larger car list WITH a larger part list, A little more variety in the region, and expand on the whole "5 ways to play" outside of just earning points. Like, "Crew" should highlight driving with friends. "Build" should be a path that awards you new parts, get points for being a top designer/tuner (like in Forza), and a built in car meet mode.

I like the more recent NFS games. Criterion hit it out of the park with Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted. Ghost did a solid job with Rivals, and Need for Speed is good overall. I'm interested to see what we get this holiday!

-Obviously, I think we can all agree ditching online only would be the first step to improving this game. Sometimes we need to pause...
-Daytime!!! I would like to actually see what my car looks like in the wild. I painted my Challenger dark red, and when I took it out for a drive, it looked black. I had to lighten the color just so I could see it in the world.
-I think maybe being able to purchase a garage in different parts of the city would be nice, that way if you were online, it would cut down the chances of immediately rear ending an idle player when exiting the garage.
-The try-hard cheesy story/cut-scenes need to go. Painful to watch.
-It might not be a popular opinion, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some FWD cars in the game. Maybe you could convert them? Speed3 to AWD? C30 to Polestar?
-Buick GNX
-If "Grip" means "miles of understeer" then get rid of the system all together.

The best NFS ever made? Just the same thing they said with NFS 2015.

Personally I would like that NFS returns to the era when, still being an Arcade, the gameplay was similar to driving a car and not a shopping cart.

nfs-visual.gif

But Im afraid that the days of Hot Pursuit, High Stakes and Hot Pursuit II are not comng back. That also means that the days when luxury cars (and not tunning) ruled the franchise, are gone too.

I gave NFS 2015 the benefit of a doubt and decided not to judge the physics based on footage but unfortunately, the driving turned out to be a mess anyway.

If the new game's handling looks anything like this, then I'll know not to get my hopes up. And hopefully we'll get a """"beta"""" for this new title as well, so we can know for sure if it's worth buying.

As long as they get the Always Online Policy in track, then. Maybe I will buy the EA game in the future. It was ridiculous when NFS 2015 had the E3 and the Private "Beta" version, even though. The game barely changed in terms of what Gran Turismo 2 had with it's beta's, which was noticeable. I want to see a lot more customer involvement, not just for the beta, but to see what the company is doing with the game. What amazes me is that Genki respects their own customer fan base, which I wish every company does. It probably was not Ghosts fault with the Online DRM thing, which causes tons of problems with DSL and when the game expires at one point, then you are screwed and wasted $30 to $60 in cash or from your card.

The point I am trying to make is that these publishers like to control the devs to not make decisions within the company, which is pretty noticeable due to lack of online support for NFS '15 now. I learned from many prototypes and demos that they do matter in terms of consumers and what developers could improve on. Obscure, yes. Let the demo to be available to everyone, not just a closed beta for special NFS fans or something, that was a bit of a bad move on their own head. I want something at least good to be in the process for a good demo, it just can be one or two races with preset cars, but I just want publishers to lay off the developers a bit, not treat them like crap. It is a lot easy now to share and do stuff it should not be that hard for EA and Ghosts to produce some "Teasers" and some "demo" to be available to everyone, I know I don't want a potato of a game, but something with effort and has substance in terms of gameplay and customization for every car.

Take this video about a old prototype of Underground 1 from a old French Magazine:

I think I typed a bit too much, but I hope I don't regret typing on my issues with the NFS series as a whole.

The point I am trying to make is that these publishers like to control the devs to not make decisions within the company, which is pretty noticeable due to lack of online support for NFS '15 now.
It would be nice if one day, EA just tells Ghost, "Alright, have at it boys" and see what they come up with. But of course, that would only happen in an alternative universe. Still, I'll be keeping on an eye on the next NFS.

Things that I want for NFS2017/2018:

- A bigger NFS2015. For that it means a bigger map than Ventura Bay, more customization options for each car, and more cars that are related to the current car culture.
- Physics improvement. Please for the love of Ghost improve it. Although I'm used to the crappy physics but after revisiting older NFS titles, I realized that the physics must be improved and they'll need a lot of time for that.
- Remove the always online policy. This is EA's fault so please Ghost try and convince EA to remove always online for the 2017/2018 title.
- Continue the no microtransactions policy or maybe add minimal MTs.
- Less cheesier story.

And that's it. I gave Ghost a free pass for the 2015 title but now they better not screw this up.

Honestly, steering and environment is my main requests for improvement.

I hate how some corners i have plenty of turning capability, but if i straighten up after said corner, and then need to suddenly avoid an oncoming car a few moments after, the steering is like im on rails... straight into the oncoming car. Not even handbrake can save me, just miles of understeer, even if the suspension setting is nearly max drift.

And i'd like a daytime setting, or at least dynamic, from what i can remember MW2012 had a decent lighting and wasnt always raining and dreary, so something like that would suffice.

I'll also say the "always online" thing is pretty bs, as my internet isnt very good and when i had it on the ps4, it would randomly send me back to title screen mid race because i d/c for a split second..

Never gonna happen. The series was and always will be cheesy in the story department.
I always thought MW '05 and Carbon were less cheesier than Undercover, The Run, and 2015 so I was expecting that maybe they can make the storyline less cheesier or in the levels of MW and Carbon.

Reading the comments, I guess most players want the same issues to be adressed. I also hope, that Ghost gets rid of this ridiculous 5/10 car garage. We players can identify ourselfs with more than 10 cars, we promise!

As soon as my garage was full, I lost my interest in the game. I didn't want to sell one of my beloved cars and just couldn't expand my collection any further...boom, game done. :-(

Reading the comments, I guess most players want the same issues to be adressed. I also hope, that Ghost gets rid of this ridiculous 5/10 car garage. We players can identify ourselfs with more than 10 cars, we promise!
More than 10 car garage would be great if the car list is not that low. I just hope that they'll boost the car count for that to happen.

On the soundtracks side, do you think they need to improve it?

I turned the soundtrack off, as I do in most games, GTA being the exception.
Video games don't meet my musical taste these days, which is ok for me.

The best NFS ever made? Just the same thing they said with NFS 2015. But Im afraid that the days of Hot Pursuit, High Stakes and Hot Pursuit II are not comng back. That also means that the days when luxury cars (and not tunning) ruled the franchise, are gone too.
I wouldn't give up hope yet since NFS is a all-around franchise. The reason that Ghost decided to take the Underground route is because many fans asked for a Underground theme for the next NFS titles so who knows? Maybe the fans might ask Ghost to create a High-Stakes styled NFS?

But I do want an another Porsche Unleashed though.

I wouldn't give up hope yet since NFS is a all-around franchise. The reason that Ghost decided to take the Underground route is because many fans asked for a Underground theme for the next NFS titles so who knows? Maybe the fans might ask Ghost to create a High-Stakes styled NFS?

But I do want an another Porsche Unleashed though.

I dont think so. Tunning is still the topic most of the people relate to the series. In fact, most of the people dont know that before Underground there were 6 NFS games. That's because of the incredible success U, U2, MW had.

To add that, NFS don't have rivals in the tunning stuff right now.

I want a remake of NFS HS. It was in my opinion the pinnacle of the series, and (wait for it) the game that has performed the best physics in all the saga*. But I'm afraid it is not going to happen. They have just switched the mentality for tunning with NFS 2015, they are not going to change it again.

The thing is, NFS has no true personality since EA decided with Underground that NFS has to sell a lot. Underground, in it's core, is the same game as HP2. But F&F was launched and the game used the popularity of the movie. If you look closely to NFS, you see that it tries to please all the fans: luxury cars from NFS1-6, tunning from NFS 7-12, police from NFS 3,4,6,9,10... and full arcade physics from NFS 7 until now (not counting Shift). NFS has changed its view many times in the pursuit of money.

That means there are so many different type of tastes related with the NFS saga, that it is impossible to fulfill everyone. I wish the saga returns to the pre-Underground era because in my personal opinion it is that time when NFS was more authentic.

*Im talking about PS games. PC games before Underground were a different saga compared to the PS games.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like the handling problems are largely due to some weird collision mechanic they employed. That would explain the strange way your car gets sucked into walls and other vehicles, and handles differently in different situations. But regardless of the cause, it needs to be priority ONE.

I too would like to see an unlimited garage, but if they want to make things feel a bit more realistic, I'm okay with keeping the warehouse idea. Or even multiple garages would be fine... what I'm saying is that I don't require instant access to every single car I own... I kinda like the idea of switching out my stable periodically. In order to make this more interesting, they could encourage you to build 5 different cars, each one tuned specifically for the type of racing you plan to do with it. As for example, you would have 1 drift car; 1 grip car; 1 drag car; 1 low hp car; 1 outlaw car = 5 cars in EACH garage.

- This idea would bring back the concept employed in Prostreet - different cars for different purposes, which even affected their stance and overall appearance.

- It would only work if they fix the handling physics and make the differences worthwhile. But if they did... gosh.. the sky's the limit on how they could employ it.... As for example: Using the heat system from MW'05, they could encourage you to switch out your stable when the heat from the cops gets too high.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like the handling problems are largely due to some weird collision mechanic they employed. That would explain the strange way your car gets sucked into walls and other vehicles, and handles differently in different situations. But regardless of the cause, it needs to be priority ONE.
I've always thought that as well. I've often thought that it might just be the crash detection area. It is too far off the actual modeled car, so when you're too close to a wall, the box hits it, creating the vacuum, while your car never actually hit the wall. It's very hard to tell.

I for one think that for every car in the game, you should have double the amount of space in the available garage.

Why not just an endless void of cars? I wanna have fun with multiple versions of the same car :lol:
I do as well, and that was my main complaint back when we first heard about the ridiculous restriction. I would like an endless amount, but I'm not holding my breath when it comes down to them doing it.

I do as well, and that was my main complaint back when we first heard about the ridiculous restriction. I would like an endless amount, but I'm not holding my breath when it comes down to them doing it.
Worst case scenario, 10 car garage, 10 car backup garage in my pov on this. I mean, hey, 20 cars, but if they're gonna add in a wide amount of cars, hoo boy.

I totally forgot about the heat system in MW! That was a great idea, forced you to switch out cars and try new ones you normally wouldn't.
Honestly, I'm fine with a 10 car garage. I've played the game for over a year and I still only have 7 spots taken up. Maybe the ability to purchase a few garages of 5?
I like what Fili said about more cars from current culture. I want to be able to purchase and modify cars that I would see at my local meets. When I see a stock G35 sedan or VR6 Corrado, I daydream about making them mine and how I would build them. Sure the Evo X is seen as soft, an R/T 440 Charger might be unruly around a corner... but I want them.
I will also say, even though the story and acting was buried under a thousand fist bumps and energy drinks, the seamless transition from actors on screen to my car in the garage were some of my favorite moments in game. Always impressed me seeing that.
and for pete sake, would it kill them to get some Enkei RPF1's in the game! How about a few more common wheel choices all around?

^^^ There's no way they'll release another game with no manual shifting. They must've learned their lesson on that.

If they kill manual tranny again

NO shift assist !!!
I really doubt that Ghost will make the same mistake as the last game. NFS may be arcade but it doesn't mean that manual transmission should not be present.

I wonder how will the next NFS title feel now that Porsche is no longer exclusive to them and how the licensing will work out with them.

Back