New patch is out!

• Thread starter Nachkebia
  • 187 comments
I am installing already. Still no info of what the update actually contains, not even the JPN GT site.

I think this update will affect some of your money and replays. People who don't want to risk it should wait until the info about it is out before you download it.

yes, I was about to post it, Firmware 2.30 is needed to be able to start the update. :)

Firmware 2.30 is not available on SCEJ's website as I speak that means it is not possible to use USB Mass Drive but to download the file from the PS3. (EDIT: it is now available! it adds revamped PS Store and support for DTS-HD Master Audio.)

dsc00441vw1.jpg

Failure count: 16... ok I stop counting it brings me bad luck! :D

EDIT: Done! I think I was at about 30 failure, hopefully there is a resume function, download progress bar restart from zero but downloaded file is saved. ;)
informationoi7.jpg

Ok, I got the updates.

Just a warning! It will reset all your QTS settings and your option settings.

They added the DFGT to the steering menu, updated the online race events and possibily revised the PP system. Online ranking is reset. Replays and money seems to be untouched.

update news is available :D

"“Spec II” Update Information (2)

Apr 15, 2008

Starting on Tuesday, April 15th, we have provided an update for “Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II”.
The main contents of this update are as follows:

Online play
- The award of race credits are now allocated at a fixed rate regardless of the number of race participants.
- The High Speed Ring course diagram has been fixed.
- Some online ID's were appearing in grey in the entry list, this has been amended.
- Some online opponents appeared to "blur", this has been amended.

Rankings
gtflags2zs0.jpg

- Country and area information now appears next to the online ID in the ranking boards. ;)
- Unusually high scores had been recorded in some Drift Trials, this has been rectified.
- When Drift Trial replays were saved, occasionally these appeared in the "Load as Ghost" option of Time Trials.
This has now been rectified.

Performance Points (PP)
- The method of calculating Performance Points has been revised, to balance vehicles in events with PP upper limits.

Miscellaneous
nws12082405990674859ez1.jpg

- LCD display has been added in the F2007 interior view. :)
- Some interiors and exteriors of some vehicle models have been revised.
- On occasion the Quick Tune gear ratio became impossible to reset in some cars, this has been amended.
- The manual has been updated.

Caution
- The button assignments will be reset when the update is applied.
- In line with the application of the update, all ranking data will also be reset.

* To update, you will need a Playstation 3 connected to the internet with a broadband connection, and "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" (Either the Blu-ray disc version or downloaded version).

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region."

vers210ej8.jpg

Welcome to version 2.10 :)

i loved the flag indicating the country... to bad i show up as an american... must be tied with the PSN account. i would like to see with my country's flag, but oh well, maybe next update. great adition!

Ok, I got the updates.

They added the DFGT to the steering menu, updated the online race events and possibily revised the PP system. Online ranking is reset. Replays and money seems to be untouched.

chears for the warning:tup:
i think the dfgt wheel whas allready in the menu,before this update....:sly:
spyrrari.

Not working perfectly for me, unfortunately. First I got a download prep error. Second try, it started downloading and failed halfway through. Third time, got past the download prep but then it failed immediately. Downloading at the moment though...

Not entirely fixed yet it seems. :)

EDIT: Update successfully downloaded on the fifth attempt.

Like all my PAL GT5P update attempts it has worked first time flawlessly :)

F2007 LCD looks great and the flags in rankings is a great addition, look forward to find all the rest of the tweaks.

Performance Points (PP)
- The method of calculating Performance Points has been revised, to balance vehicles in events with PP upper limits.
Has anyone already found differences in certain cars' PPs? In other words, which cars are faster/slower than before the patch?

BAR STEWARD!!! I should of checked here first before I ran the update! lets just hope that the PP points thing has finally put an end to the dominance of the Elise. 👍

Damn... Now is not the time to have your internet capped :(

PD are really delivering with these updates, bless them. Now if they would just get rid of catchup logic...

Just because your install is larger doesnt mean it indicates how big the update is. Your forgetting the update will also overwrite files as well as add more. The update will be a lot larger than you see.

The Tuned Elise now has more PP. With max weight and R3's it gets 651 PP. You cannot decrease the BHP. So to get under 650PP you have to run on R2's. I don't remember it beign like this so it definetly has changed.

The Tuned Elise now has more PP. With max weight and R3's it gets 651 PP. You cannot decrease the BHP. So to get under 650PP you have to run on R2's. I don't remember it beign like this so it definetly has changed.
It certainly has changed, I used to have my Elise at 100% power, 90% weight and R3 tyres - and still under 650PP. Sounds a lot more reasonable now! 👍

Latest Posts

Back