New project car! '73 FIAT 124 Spider

• Thread starter TB
  • 114 comments
TB
Now that winter is here, it's too damn cold to work on it, unless I talk the wife into a garage heater!

What about using a space heater? I got one from Costco and it's pretty effective.

Or I don't know, don't you have shale oil in your backyard that you can just pump up and burn to heat the garage or something?

What about using a space heater? I got one from Costco and it's pretty effective.
This fall I insulated the garage attic which has done WONDERS for keeping heat in. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if my wife gives me the all clear to install a heater, but after my wife's new car and a trip coming up, it won't be any time soon.

Stupid finances.
Or I don't know, don't you have shale oil in your backyard that you can just pump up and burn to heat the garage or something?
Wrong side of the state. :P
Fargo, man. It gets so cold you'll say "Golly gee willikers what am I doing here?"
Not even once. :lol:

TB
This fall I insulated the garage attic which has done WONDERS for keeping heat in. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if my wife gives me the all clear to install a heater, but after my wife's new car and a trip coming up, it won't be any time soon.
Nice to see you finally insulated your garage. I think I talked to you a long time ago about blowing in insulation.

Also let me know if you need any ideas for heating your garage. You can actually do it fairly cheap. About $400.00-$500.00. It will even be thermostat controlled for any temp you want, just like your house.

Does this make me a colossal nerd that I want to do this to the FETT when the time comes? :P

Hood2.JPG

Everything else would likely just be green.

I'm getting WAY too far ahead of myself, I know, but still... Gotta have plans!

I'm going to be at least as nerdy as you. I'm removing part of a seam on the top rear of the pickup cab to make place for an Autobot emblem. Or it goes on the front if I find a campershell for it.

Are you going to get some more work done with this jewel or what!? Come on, @TB!

It is a beautiful car, begging for your attention. ♡

Last edited:
Are you going to get some more work done with this jewel or what!? Come on, @TB!
Clearly due to the lack of updates I haven't been working on it at all. There was a rather thick coating of cellulose on her from the mess insulating the garage last year made and, the real deterrent, it wouldn't start. If I'm either going to work on it or sell it and let someone else take over, I'll be damned if it'll leave my garage in worse shape that it arrived.

So yesterday it got vacuumed and a quick wipe down with some cleaner and, after some carb cleaning, she lives again. Hopefully that's the motivation I need to make some progress. :)

That's probably the nicest car I've seen around Fargo. Sweet ride man 👍

While it's not expressly work I've done on the car, it should make working a bit easier.

For reference, I have a 3 car garage with only three 60 watt bulbs. Needless to say, it's fairly dark. To combat that, I picked up a couple of LED shop lights and mounted them over the car.

Granted, as these are from my phone instead of the DSLR so it's not terribly indicative of the before/after difference but it is rather substantial.

20160702_153649.jpg

20160702_153703.jpg

More car related, I attempted to adjust the carburetor but after a drive it turns out it's running a bit worse. :irked: On the plus side, it's not running super rich anymore.

It's been a long time coming but the title for the Fiat has been signed over to its new owner. He'll be back to pick it up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Back