New Screens On Ign Here!!!!

• Thread starter GT-Unit
  • 28 comments
Click Here for new screenshots of licence tests, the new menu interface, and two time trial shots of a u turn at the grand canyon!!! There are also other screens of ferrarris, many of them....hinting at something??!?!?!

ZZZzzz...

Great.

weird.gif

another example of a crap thread :banghead:

Well, there you go ... yes, there's a thread for this in the Prologue section.

Still it may be good to keep in mind that these licences will probably return exactly like this in GT4. Martinmaxx's (see thread in GT4 Prologue subforum) gallery is a bit easier to navigate than the IGN screen index though.

Originally posted by Event Horizon
they spelled memorizing wrong....

Well, although memorizing is now the preferred spelling even in the UK (at least officially, not too sure all the Brits are on board with it yet), I think it's a bit exaggerated to say they misspelt it. ;)

It's certainly not the same kind of error as something like "Caribra", a glaring error in GT3 which by the way still wasn't fixed in the E3 demo. :rolleyes:

Some spelling lessons for you foreign types.

Correct Spelling
Centre
Memorise
Neighbour

Wrong Spelling
Center
Memorize
Neighbor

These correct spellings were taken from a ENGLISH dictionary........not a AMERICAN dictionary. If you want to spell these words and others, differently from that found in any English dictionary then please refer to your language as being American and not English.

In other words, STOP BASTARDING MY LANGUAGE AND THINK UP YOUR OWN. :mad:

Cheers

Jamie

Originally posted by LaBounti
eddieturner please tell me what Porsche that is in your avatar.

Its the '02 Gemballa GTR 750 EVO.

6 Speed Manual
Twin-Turbo Flat-6
3800 cc
850 bhp @ 6400 rpm
690 lb-ft @ 6150 rpm
0-60 3.5secs
Top Speed 225mph

Have you got $260,000 for one though?

EDIT: Lol, T5-R, that advert is so ghey!

whoops, sorry guys, thought this was new screens :banghead: :banghead:
i dont have prologue, and never will, I'll move this to the prologue forum

i think ign posted these to annoy everyone in North America who continually get the shaft when it comes to GT... no diablo, no concept, no prologue...

apparently we don't like cars here... except jacked up crappy chevy/ford/pontiac sedans that are amazing at making left hand turns on banked ovals ;)

Originally posted by phantasm
i think ign posted these to annoy everyone in North America who continually get the shaft when it comes to GT... no diablo, no concept, no prologue...

apparently we don't like cars here... except jacked up crappy chevy/ford/pontiac sedans that are amazing at making left hand turns on banked ovals ;)

Tis a bit strange how PD keep "leaving" North America out :confused:
I would have thought it woudl have been in their best interests to sell the game in as many countries as possible.

Cheers

Jamie

^ i know... there's no way they wouldn't make money on the project too... especially since we didn't get concept... been a long time since GT was fresh, people would go mental for prologue even knowing it's a uber watered down version of the finished GT4.

Originally posted by Arwin
Well, there you go ... yes, there's a thread for this in the Prologue section.

Still it may be good to keep in mind that these licences will probably return exactly like this in GT4. EDIT: Maskrider's (see thread in GT4 Prologue subforum) gallery is a bit easier to navigate than the IGN screen index though.

Originally posted by Eagle
o_O When did that happen?

That's bollocks...

We use 'S' in this country.

And we're not gonna change our language to be bastardised like the yank version.

C.

Originally posted by Eagle
o_O When did that happen?

I decided to look this one up, and found this on the askoxford site:

Frequently Asked Questions

Spelling

Are spellings like 'privatize' and 'organize' Americanisms?

No, not really. British spelling has always recognized the existence of variant spellings using the suffix -ize/-ise. When American spelling was standardized during the 19th century (mainly through the efforts of the great American lexicographer Noah Webster), the consistent use of -ize was one of the conventions that became established. However, since then, the -ise spellings have become more popular in Britain (and in other English-speaking countries such as Australia), perhaps partly as a reaction against the American custom. Spellings such as organisation would have struck many older British writers as rather French-looking. The Oxford English Dictionary favoured -ize, partly on the linguistic basis that the suffix derives from the Greek suffix -izo, and this was also the style of Encyclopedia Britannica (even before it was American-owned) and formerly of the Times newspaper.

The main advantage of the modern -ise habit? Lazy spellers do not have to remember that there are several important words which cannot properly be spelt with -ize. These include words which are not formed by the addition of the -ize prefix to a stem, but by some other root which happens to end in the same syllable, such as -vise (as in televise), -cise (as in incise), and -prise (as in comprise).

The American system resulted in the creeping of z into some other words where it did not originally belong. Writers of American English should be aware of some spellings that are regarded as incorrect in the UK, notably analyze.

-------

To cut a long story short though, memorise is definitely the correct spelling to use in the PAL version of GT4 Prologue. ;)

Well there we go...

Good find that...

On a similar note... CU NT was the normal word for womens bits in Shakespearean times (It's in some of his plays!)... now it is the most vulgar swear word.

C.

Latest Posts

Back