New Seasonal events are a waste of time!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 74 comments
  • 10,998 views
Messages
1,473
Messages
Teddy_Bear-420
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.
 
That's kind of the point, so it's possible to win, but you don't get loads of credits for an easy race.

Not saying I'm a huge fan of this, but quite a few said that they didn't like how it gave bad racers a chance to get ahead.
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

You had to custom tune your cars to when those easy races? I think the only one i "had to" add some power to was that schwimmwagen one lol.

I just wonder why people, not just you. feel they "have to buy" an F1 car for this event.. I personally already had one, if not i would be short on cash since i only have about 7mil Cr. at the moment, but i sure as hell wouldn't come here bitching that PD failed or something.

The first two Seasonal Events were the best in my opinion, i absolutely loved that GT-R event, i raced it many times, even after getting all the rewards, it was just flat out fun!
 
Look around and you'll see people complaining BEFORE these seasonals came out about not having a purpose to the F1 cars. Now that we have a purpose, it's not worth the credits, the complaints never end.
 
Yep I already had an F10 that my 2nd account for seasonals payed for (just sent cars and saved the money), did the tokyo one and it was pretty hard lol good xp and a little cash, payouts don't bother me anymore I have all the rares I wanted and theres nothing left I really want atm. People definately like to complain but is anyone really listening? haha
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

You get more XP grindind 9 laps Tsukuba FF than grinding 10 laps Dream Car Indy ;)

raVer
 
It doesn't matter what PD does , There will always be people unhappy with what they do with the game.

Personally I think it was nice to finally have my F1 car contribute to my career in some way, Although I'd say the cash payouts and xp are a little on the low side since I generally don't feel like doing them multiple times.
 
this just proves that you can't please everyone
 
seasonal #1 where the best events
 
Pretty much a waste of time other than maybe the F1 races but they were not so fun so I think once is enough. I did them all on my main account and repeated the FR ones to try out another car.

Someone at Gamefaqs reckoned that PD decided the old style Seasonals let you progress through the game too quickly! I calculated that using just the Seasonals it would take me about another 2 years (from my current Lv 33) to reach Lv 40. If that is too fast, I am not a fan of slow.

Looking at it from another perspective, it is nice to see Sony (at least in the shape of PD) give so much support to Microsoft! I set Bob off on his merry way to grind out levels with the Indy 500 and then turn on my 360 to play games. I will be playing a lot of 360 games to get Bob to Lv 40!
 
If they are a waste of time WHY PLAY? Go do something else....

Its a RACING game not an xp and cr Gathering game.

You need those to buy cars but you should RACE.

If it's the levelling your after, play WoW or CoD or something.....
 
bladibla....whatever.
Dude, seriously...how is doing a race in a racing game a waste of your time?
Create your own goddamn game then, spoiled lowlifer

+1

This new fromat seems to be just what the game needed, more A spec events. 👍
 
Oh great another moaner -.-

Probably moaning last week with no seasonal events aswell ... seasonal events are extra races to do ... f2007 and f10 you couldnt use in a-spec and you can in these. no one said you have to play them ... just stop being so negative about tiny aspects of the game
 
Its a RACING game not an xp and cr Gathering game.
Then they should take the level system out of the game so i could race the races i want to. :)
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

If yo want a lot of money and XP points out of the the Ferrari F1, just them again and again, that's one of the the new things with SE7 Compared to SE6, you can race it again and win the bonuses! Don't complain about it!
 
Can we just close all of these topics about the same pointless thing????

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg
 
The F1 race is for people who bought the cars, but then couldn't use them. PD is thowing them a bone.

I love the new round of events, spent the evening doing FF over and over in a few different cars, Eiger was tons of fun, I found stock 200hp-208hp, cars on Sport Hard offered the perfect challenge for my, FTO, Celica, Runx, Tiburon, Golf V. Loads of fun.

Started the FR, but stock 300-310hp on Sport Hard was too easy on Deep Forest, so I might try 270ish, RX-7 I guess.

Would like to see a low power MR set next time PD, please 100-150HP!
 
they are damn awesome to race !
 
Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr?
The Ferrari F1 cars do not blow up. or dissapear from your garage, after the first race.
 
the 1st prize is liek $13k. Its hopeless why would you even bother. The other events were $1.5 mil
 
If they are a waste of time WHY PLAY? Go do something else....

Its a RACING game not an xp and cr Gathering game.

You need those to buy cars but you should RACE.

If it's the levelling your after, play WoW or CoD or something.....

Correct, it's a racing game. So why has every single seasonal event not been a race then? They are time trials with other cars on the track, just like the S licence tests, you beat a certain time, you win. The AI is non existent in them, even for GT standards, the only thing you race in them is the clock.
 
that fact is that everyone is spoiled because of how much we were getting per race. THe credits and ex. are actually right on par. but if you are like me a lvl. 18 then after doing the seasonal your now a 29 it feels like they aren't giving us anything and its pointless

what everyone who is upset needs to do is, remember how far the seasonals boosted there lvl and money and be thankful. And realize that the seasonsals are not just about money and ex, they are about racing. and I am sure if PD could do it all over again they would do it the same way but they would not have done so many weeks of huge pay outs.

I was annoyed i didn't have any money, but then i did the seasonsals and now i have every car i want except the F1 Fararri.

I am thankfull!
 
can't please everyone never a true word spoken :):)
 
XP is not low!!! It's only low compared to the other seasonal events! For example you get 6000 XP on Cape Ring 4WD this one is a 2 lap race and takes about 5 minutes!

Gives you 1200 XP/min!!! and thats more than most other events in the game!
 
Personally I like the Seasonal' s..All of them ! I for one likes a bit of variety. The XP and CR is perfect for unlimited sessions of these races. I hope on the next Seasonal Event they add Disqualifications to mix things up. Then this forum will be overrun by Super Complainers who are never satisfied and have zero patience. Maybe the solution would be for PD to come up with a GT5-Super Complainers Edition, All cars are preinstalled in your Garage, No race limitations, Achieve level 40 in 40 races. And achieve all trophy's after 2 hours of game play.
Oh and just a suggestion...all the trophies would be represented as "Slimy green faced babies sucking their thumbs"
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

How is this not wasting other people's time? How many of you rather play/replay this very low pay out seasonal even or go out and smell the rose than discussing this?
 
I've had a F10 and F2007 for a few weeks so now I get to race them finally! What's the issue?
 
I lve it, this is been the most talked about subject since the release date of GT5 :D
 
I do think seasonal 1 was still the best, especially the GT-R race which gave you a bit of variety.
I successfully modeled my own online race league along these lines and its worked out well.

I also liked the races that introduced me to cars that I would have otherwise overlooked.

The Ferrari F1 is VERY cool, finally we have something to do with the cars.
I think the prize money is appropriate.

As far as the other 3 – I don't really understand what PD is thinking.
The game has been out for a while now I think that the races should have a difficulty level and payout at least similar to to LVL20-24 in A-spec.

As a car collector, I don't mind the grind, I just wish I had more grind variety other than Schwarzwald League B and European Championship for my non-race cars.
 
IMHO the low payout races should stay in A-spec. I always thought the license tests, special events and beginner cup should prepare people for the seasonal challenges similar to the first set they came out with.

They shouldn't have been bothered by the amount of drivers saying some of the races were too hard or impossible to gold in a week. Today, the payout is higher than A-spec but not that much, so if I were given a choice between this and some quicker grinds on A-spec, I'd do A-spec.

Right now I get the feeling PD is more bothered by mainstream comments and have no plans on rewarding the more involved sim racers in the community.
 
Back