New Seasonal events are a waste of time!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 74 comments
  • 10,998 views
unfortunately, I had enough money to buy the F1 car, but about a week ago I decided since there were currently no races to use them-I spent the money on a few other cars I wanted. Kicking myself now, still all helps to the 1000 cars trophy I suppose
 
The events are fine, imo. I think it's sometimes necessary to vent but what's the problem here? It's just optional.
 
The only thing that sucks is that when you finish a race, the game takes you all the way out to the main menu vice the race track menu.
 
I love how this is obviously a complaint thread by the thread title yet people that are happy with the events feel the need to join in so it turns into a flame fest.

This thread is clearly intended for people unhappy with an aspect of the game, not a thread for people unhappy with words on the internet. Opinions are not right or wrong, enough of the self righteousness people, get over yourselves.
 
they shoud change it back to the previous events, but have like 20 races
 
I love how this is obviously a complaint thread by the thread title yet people that are happy with the events feel the need to join in so it turns into a flame fest.

This thread is clearly intended for people unhappy with an aspect of the game, not a thread for people unhappy with words on the internet. Opinions are not right or wrong, enough of the self righteousness people, get over yourselves.


Next time make sure your daily dose is working before you post. Flame on!

:sly:
 
My thoughts, not that anybody cares:

Keep the car specific races as before, but lower the amount of credits won. The game can probably be completed with just 20 cars, so just giving us a few more A-Spec races doesn't mean anything if we already have a car we can win with. Give us something that enables us to purchase a car and make it challenging enough to where we have to modify it, at least somewhat to be able to secure first place. Reduce the amount of credits won by at least half, and I think everybody is happy then?
 
this thread is more of a waste of time
 
These new events are like more A-Spec races - no originality, low payouts, questionable AI, random competition... Really not feeling it, down right boring - no challenge because I can use any car I want it and mod for an easy win but earn nothing for my efforts.

I want Seasonal Race 1 back PLEASE! it was the best. Amazing they keep trying new things but had it right from the start. Very disappointed with this new system :(
 
Having those 1mil Events are great, maybe though they shouldn't be updated every week. More like ever 2 weeks or 3.

I must say it was great to get those 1mil, 1.5mil and 2mil ones. I accidently deleted my save file before backing it up when I was making a trade, 2 days later a friend gave me the Audi TT-R touring car and I had a good start to get back up where I was.

And yeah I didn't focus on Aspec so the exp didn't help me very much.
 
i can't quite understand why having more seasonal races to race is a waste of time?
 
These new events are like more A-Spec races - no originality, low payouts, questionable AI, random competition... Really not feeling it, down right boring - no challenge because I can use any car I want it and mod for an easy win but earn nothing for my efforts.

I want Seasonal Race 1 back PLEASE! it was the best. Amazing they keep trying new things but had it right from the start. Very disappointed with this new system :(

Completely agree with the first paragraph here, after completing all the events today I have absolutely no wish to revisit any of them, completely boring and same, same, same...

Bring back the rewards that make them worthwhile.
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

It seems my friend you are sadly missing the point about GT5 if all you are concerned about is credits and XP. Yes the 2 Ferrari cars are expensive to buy, and in fairness I only bought one myself yesterday. I tell you what though, the F1 SE are the most fun I've had so far! It's an exilerating drive once you get used to the handling.

I'm still having great fun in practice mode playing with new cars, testing setups etc, and not a credit or sliver of XP in sight there!
 
I don't mind at all at some times, but I need even MOAR CREDITS to do engine overhaul & chassis maintenance on the cars I bought from the UCD... :\
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

I liked season 1 -3 races. Lot of exp given, which is needed if your to ever get to level 40 and I like the fact that if your a lousy driver and can't get 1st place you don't earn as many exp/money. Seems to me that had it right the first time.
 
I totaly agree that this new events suck. I need more races with more rewards. It feels like you cant get anywhere when in a higher level. For example ive been in level 28 for 3 days and ive played ALOT too. Its too hard to level up. But i have to say that i liked the ferrari f1 challange :)
 
I'm torn. I liked the payouts and rewards from before and since I had no desire to repeat them I wasn't too concerned I wouldn't be rewarded if I repeat them (note, I just started seasonal events just last season!).

Now, they actually have a fun event (F1 challenge) that I love to repeat. Not sure if I'll ever level much in seasonals anymore though (edit - and I've hit a hard wall in A-spec cause I don't wanna grind Endurances). Oh well, this is why I have Bob I'll just have to make him put in work on those long tedious endurance races and keep grinding dream car for cash
 
Last edited:
If the seasonal events are a waste of time, don't do them. I race the seasonals, A spec/B spec, etc. I race because it's fun. If it's a chore, why play the game? Leveling up? I'm in no hurry and I keep doing the seasonal events with different cars at different levels of setup. I even lost a few... LOL You make the game what it is, HAVE FUN!:)
 
If the seasonal events are a waste of time, don't do them. I race the seasonals, A spec/B spec, etc. I race because it's fun. If it's a chore, why play the game? Leveling up? I'm in no hurry and I keep doing the seasonal events with different cars at different levels of setup. I even lost a few... LOL You make the game what it is, HAVE FUN!:)

Very true dude. I raced the current seasonals many times with different cars. From overpowering cars to cars that I barely finished 5th in. Still fun all the same. I think people get lost in the need to level up, like this game is Call of Duty or something. I admit I was like that at first, but once I got to level 30 A and B spec, I'm taking the time to enjoy the game more, rather than focusing on leveling up. Probably because I haven't reached a new level in almost a week :sly:
 
Im all for having something in seasonals to gain more xp and credits. I'd love to see some short 1-2 hour endurance races that are repeatable for good cash and xp. I like they did the ferrari F1 event, it should stay or a similar event should be added to stay permanent for these cars.
 
I want the seasonals to go back to the way they were. I just want a quick and easy way to get a lot of money and xp. Sorry, but racing the AI and grinding for hours is not very fun to me. I'd rather spend hours racing online against some real competition.
 
What we really need is SE limited by your Lvl, say 3 events each per lvl, Beginner 0, Amatuer 10, Professional 15, Expert 25, Extreme 35 this way they can taylor the rewards Cr/XP to match peoples level, and hopefully avoid grinding for lvl 35+
 
I have enjoyed the new seasonals. I didnt have an F1 till I was given one by ucwepn5 (legend) and I really loved it. The problem with the other events you leveled up to quick. I started a second account and flew to lvl 22 just doing 2 lots of seasonals. I dont think they had the balance right :indiff:


Just my opinion
 
I have enjoyed the new seasonals. I didnt have an F1 till I was given one by ucwepn5 (legend) and I really loved it. The problem with the other events you leveled up to quick. I started a second account and flew to lvl 22 just doing 2 lots of seasonals. I dont think they had the balance right :indiff:


Just my opinion

I can understand that. They could make a lvl restricted grind event for lvl 25+ with the rest of it as what 7 is.
 
First off, the ex & cr are very low. Also why would someone buy a 10-13 mil cr F1 just to win 300k cr? I liked it where it had a specific car & specific BPH and had alot more payout!!!! This way you had to custom tune your lower powered car to come in 1st. my favorite was Seasonal 1, even there i got first place but no everyone could.

stop whining.
 
dont touched this events...

really too boring...
 
Personally, I think the F10 events are worth it in these batch of seasonal events.
 
not really... dreamcar race is near the same... b spec 15 min each race a spec dont know
 
There should be a race reward based on the car you use and the mods on it. Using a fully modded car should earn you less xp and credits than one that is bone stock. Maybe that's why they're revisiting the whole car rating thing.
 
Back