New Seasonal events are a waste of time!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyBear-420
  • 74 comments
  • 10,998 views
Too poor to afford a F1, and the other events are obscenely boring. Did not even touch this week's seasonals. At least the old format let me afford cars after a few weeks.
 
reading these threads reminds me of a five year old girl complaing that she got the wrong kind of barbie for xmas.
 
There should be a race reward based on the car you use and the mods on it. Using a fully modded car should earn you less xp and credits than one that is bone stock. Maybe that's why they're revisiting the whole car rating thing.

Not really. The first events were hp limited they were the most fun.
 
They wouldn't be too bad if firstly the ai offered any kind of challenge. I've just done the first FR race in a 250bhp MX5 down on sports soft tyres and was in the lead on lap 2. They're not really trying.

Secondly if they are going to have bhp limits shouldn't they be enforced? Just to see if I could I did the "400bhp" 4WD race on Rome in a 900bhp Escudo.
 
Secondly if they are going to have bhp limits shouldn't they be enforced? Just to see if I could I did the "400bhp" 4WD race on Rome in a 900bhp Escudo.



It clearly says the limit is for the other cars in the race... What you choose to use is up to you... even a craptastic Escudo!
 
If the seasonal events are a waste of time, don't do them. I race the seasonals, A spec/B spec, etc. I race because it's fun. If it's a chore, why play the game? Leveling up? I'm in no hurry and I keep doing the seasonal events with different cars at different levels of setup. I even lost a few... LOL You make the game what it is, HAVE FUN!:)

Absolutely spot-on... there are too many xp/credit slaves whining about the seasonals... to me it is additional content to have fun with...


reading these threads reminds me of a five year old girl complaing that she got the wrong kind of barbie for xmas.

:lol:
 
Absolutely spot-on... there are too many xp/credit slaves whining about the seasonals... to me it is additional content to have fun with...


:lol:

If you don't like the thread then don't post on it. The OP was trying to state an opinion to see if he could start a thread to improve the game/next seasonal event. If you don't agree then this thread is not for you. If you are of the opinion that the seasonal events are fine the way they are then it is obvious you don't have a lot going on upstairs anyway so mind your own business. As many on here have already stated the first two seasonal events were great. The ones after that was just about free money and getting to level up for free. This one was roughly the same as going to do oil changes over and over. A six year old blind child could beat the AI in these races.

If your goal for seasonal events is to find another Sunday Cup then fine, you are happy with the season events. Most of us feel they could be a lot better with little effort. That is what this thread is about. All of you whinning about someone starting a thread that serves a purpose needs to mind your own business.
 
Maybe PD intends to rotate the rewards in the seasonal events, something for almost everyone if they do. Personally, I liked the big payouts but I didn't think that would be a monthly thing. And after you have played for a while, you most likely have just about every car you want anyway. :) I do hope the F1 events keep coming though.
 
If you don't like the thread then don't post on it. The OP was trying to state an opinion to see if he could start a thread to improve the game/next seasonal event. If you don't agree then this thread is not for you. If you are of the opinion that the seasonal events are fine the way they are then it is obvious you don't have a lot going on upstairs anyway so mind your own business. As many on here have already stated the first two seasonal events were great. The ones after that was just about free money and getting to level up for free. This one was roughly the same as going to do oil changes over and over. A six year old blind child could beat the AI in these races.

If your goal for seasonal events is to find another Sunday Cup then fine, you are happy with the season events. Most of us feel they could be a lot better with little effort. That is what this thread is about. All of you whinning about someone starting a thread that serves a purpose needs to mind your own business.

Mind my own business? What kind of statement is that? If I remember correctly this is a public forum and as long as you are a registered member of GTP then you are free to post on a thread... or maybe I missed something, because I certainly didn't see any comment from the OP saying that this thread is for complaining only! Are you saying that nobody can make a positive comment or defend a certain aspect of the game?

I am a firm believer of constructive criticism and to be fair the OP has done that to a certain degree, but then kinda ruins it with the title suggesting that these seasonals are a complete waste of time which is a bit OTT in my opinion. As for the whining, there is in general, a laughably absurd amount of it to the point that PD don't seem to be able to do anything right these days.

As for the seasonals, well here's a thing... I actually agree that the first 2 sets were the best so far, in particular the GTR event. For that I used the R35 Spec-V and tuned what I could do within the limits. I didn't see that you could use sports mediums for the event and used the stock sports hard instead and despite only getting 2nd, had a real blast throwing the car around the circuit. I did get gold when I changed to sports mediums.

I'm OK at GT5, not brilliant, not rubbish (PD has to make these for all levels remember) and so limit myself to a degree what I use in these seasonals to get an entertaining race. Example? I used the '07 Mini Cooper for the FF races and first time used a stock model with sports hards and won on the last lap overtaking the leader before the hairpin on Tsubuka. I then tried the race with comfort softs and it took me 3 attempts to gold it again which I thought was fun. I shall use stock tyres first in the other events. I was in agreement with MetalJet that if you are one of the better drivers then it's all about limiting yourself and how you make the game to be... a bit of lateral thinking as well could help liking using junk racers. I just didn't feel the need to repeat or elaborate on what MetalJet said, but never mind eh? :rolleyes:

One last point: before you start suggesting any lack of substance anyone has 'going on upstairs' perhaps you would like to at least spell WHINING properly... go look it up in a dictionary, at least you could spend some time away from the 'rubbish' seasonals which are still optional extra content that you don't have to participate in...
 
Mind my own business? What kind of statement is that? If I remember correctly this is a public forum and as long as you are a registered member of GTP then you are free to post on a thread... or maybe I missed something, because I certainly didn't see any comment from the OP saying that this thread is for complaining only! Are you saying that nobody can make a positive comment or defend a certain aspect of the game?

I am a firm believer of constructive criticism and to be fair the OP has done that to a certain degree, but then kinda ruins it with the title suggesting that these seasonals are a complete waste of time which is a bit OTT in my opinion. As for the whining, there is in general, a laughably absurd amount of it to the point that PD don't seem to be able to do anything right these days.

As for the seasonals, well here's a thing... I actually agree that the first 2 sets were the best so far, in particular the GTR event. For that I used the R35 Spec-V and tuned what I could do within the limits. I didn't see that you could use sports mediums for the event and used the stock sports hard instead and despite only getting 2nd, had a real blast throwing the car around the circuit. I did get gold when I changed to sports mediums.

I'm OK at GT5, not brilliant, not rubbish (PD has to make these for all levels remember) and so limit myself to a degree what I use in these seasonals to get an entertaining race. Example? I used the '07 Mini Cooper for the FF races and first time used a stock model with sports hards and won on the last lap overtaking the leader before the hairpin on Tsubuka. I then tried the race with comfort softs and it took me 3 attempts to gold it again which I thought was fun. I shall use stock tyres first in the other events. I was in agreement with MetalJet that if you are one of the better drivers then it's all about limiting yourself and how you make the game to be... a bit of lateral thinking as well could help liking using junk racers. I just didn't feel the need to repeat or elaborate on what MetalJet said, but never mind eh? :rolleyes:

One last point: before you start suggesting any lack of substance anyone has 'going on upstairs' perhaps you would like to at least spell WHINING properly... go look it up in a dictionary, at least you could spend some time away from the 'rubbish' seasonals which are still optional extra content that you don't have to participate in...

Well I guess you can't see the obvious. YOU not the OP are the one complaining. He was simply stating fact. The Seasonal Events are not only a waste of time they are a waste of credits and XP. You actually lose credits and XP doing them. The weekly patch is supposed to improve the game and easily could, however for whatever reason they choose to send out an event that takes away credits and cost you XP (yes it cost XP when you are doing events that earn you less than you could make elsewhere in A-spec).

After the OP states what everyone should already see as obvious, posters like yourself want to come on here and abuse him for making an observation that is obviously outside your level of comprehension. HE is not the one complaining, it is you guys that are sounding like someone forgot to get them their barbee doll for Christmas. Suck it up and quit your crying, stop WHINING at every post that is over your head, and try and understand the way things get better is by people letting the makers of the game know what we want.
 
Time to close another thread mods........ Just another thread that started decently and has turned into a "personal gripe-fest" ......... Can't we all just get along... ?
 
Well I guess you can't see the obvious. YOU not the OP are the one complaining. He was simply stating fact. The Seasonal Events are not only a waste of time they are a waste of credits and XP. You actually lose credits and XP doing them. The weekly patch is supposed to improve the game and easily could, however for whatever reason they choose to send out an event that takes away credits and cost you XP (yes it cost XP when you are doing events that earn you less than you could make elsewhere in A-spec).

After the OP states what everyone should already see as obvious, posters like yourself want to come on here and abuse him for making an observation that is obviously outside your level of comprehension. HE is not the one complaining, it is you guys that are sounding like someone forgot to get them their barbee doll for Christmas. Suck it up and quit your crying, stop WHINING at every post that is over your head, and try and understand the way things get better is by people letting the makers of the game know what we want.

OK, you clearly haven't read my response very well, I tried to make a constructive counter-point that the current set of seasonals are not as bad as some people are making out and that you CAN find a way of having fun with them... I even gave an example of how I managed to do that. In any case how can you not interpret the title as a complaint? I'm not against complaints when they are constructive, my beef is the excessive whining that is generally found here (although to be honest it is worse elsewhere). I tried to make a point that there are 2 sides to every discussion and agreed with another member here about maybe changing the way you approach the current set of seasonals. Other than that I laughed at a joke made by someone else... so please tell me how that constitutes abuse? Again I think that's another word you need to look up in the dictionary.

As for me 'crying over a post that's over my head' I perfectly understand the point being made but there are no rules preventing anyone providing a counter-argument. It seems to me that you have a problem with that more than anyone else judging by your last 2 responses towards me. Perhaps you need to man up and accept that not everyone will agree on a certain point and move on.
 
OK, you clearly haven't read my response very well, I tried to make a constructive counter-point that the current set of seasonals are not as bad as some people are making out and that you CAN find a way of having fun with them... I even gave an example of how I managed to do that. In any case how can you not interpret the title as a complaint? I'm not against complaints when they are constructive, my beef is the excessive whining that is generally found here (although to be honest it is worse elsewhere). I tried to make a point that there are 2 sides to every discussion and agreed with another member here about maybe changing the way you approach the current set of seasonals. Other than that I laughed at a joke made by someone else... so please tell me how that constitutes abuse? Again I think that's another word you need to look up in the dictionary.

As for me 'crying over a post that's over my head' I perfectly understand the point being made but there are no rules preventing anyone providing a counter-argument. It seems to me that you have a problem with that more than anyone else judging by your last 2 responses towards me. Perhaps you need to man up and accept that not everyone will agree on a certain point and move on.

OK, I am not going to spend all day discussing this with you. So from what you are saying you would see a stop sign as complaining?? The OP was stating a FACT!!! Period!!!! After seeing that fact you wish to complain and cry about the possibility of there being a way around the fact. Either way it is plain to see that PD heard the facts from their loyal fans like the OP and have just put out a really nice response. 1.06 has beautifully fixed some of the problems and so you can hush your crying.
 
OK, I am not going to spend all day discussing this with you. So from what you are saying you would see a stop sign as complaining?? The OP was stating a FACT!!! Period!!!! After seeing that fact you wish to complain and cry about the possibility of there being a way around the fact. Either way it is plain to see that PD heard the facts from their loyal fans like the OP and have just put out a really nice response. 1.06 has beautifully fixed some of the problems and so you can hush your crying.

That's fine by me but you need to work on distinguishing the difference between facts and something that is another member's opinion (the clue is in the title... you get that hint from me as a freebie :sly:). Also are you actually able to enter a discussion without getting personal? I mean it isn't exactly going to make me 'cry about it' mate as you so eloquently put it, as I don't know you but it doesn't actually put you in a good light does it?

You know something? I'm going to agree with you on something... yes it is indeed a very nice update from PD... which means I will get even more entertainment from the seasonals that I've already had in the past week...
 
Last edited:
GT5 is apparently a child so we should probably just ignore him. And for the record, there is not a single statement of fact in the OP! lmao.
 
Last edited:
Back