New street racing movie.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DKX
  • 33 comments
  • 2,008 views

DKX

Messages
905
Canada
Calgary, Alberta
Messages
StancevD
Messages
StancevD
I found a new street racing movie - No it ain't the Fast & Furious. This is a movie that two guys have been making since the year Fast & Furious 1 came out. It does feature accidents and language but it shows the victims side of the story too.
Its called 1320 and it even makes fun of the Fast & Furious. I will totally buy a copy of this movie.

here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVrOAw4xGs4

Here is the site for the movie : http://www.1320movie.com/

It is a street racing documentary not a compilation of cars racing
 
Looks like a stupid documentary.
 
I have seen street races in my life. I have talked to many of the racers too and they said if there was a drag strip in the area they would race there but the city doesn't want one. It may look a documentary because it is.
 
DKX
I have seen street races in my life. I have talked to many of the racers too and they said if there was a drag strip in the area they would race there but the city doesn't want one. It may look a documentary because it is.

Then they would complain that they have to pay for it while they can do it for free on the streets.
 
Looks stupid once you see the guys fighting.
 
DKX
I have seen street races in my life. I have talked to many of the racers too and they said if there was a drag strip in the area they would race there but the city doesn't want one. It may look a documentary because it is.

 
+1 on the stupidity of the movie.

And top notch on the video Loon :lol:👍!
 
Then they would complain that they have to pay for it while they can do it for free on the streets.

i seriously doubt that. more strips = less street racing, its the only real solution
 
"It's not ok to go cheer for street racers" Well... ok, but what if it's a retard that can't drive and a retard that can't shift? Or A retard in a Supra that can't beat a retard in a S4 with 3 other people?
 
Loon: I saw that coming from a mile away; gave me a good chuckle.

As for the movie, I think I just might get a copy of it. It looks a bit interesting.
 
Looks interesting to me. I don't get the martial arts bits, but otherwise it looks like an interesting documentary.

Maybe some of you guys should stick with mainstream Hollywood.
 
It does indeed look like an interesting documentary. Why call it stupid? I believe this is stupid; http://youtube.com/watch?v=YnQXvQ1R4gg

It looks poorly done, and it's covering a senseless subject. Street racing is stupid, therefore a documentary of actual people doing this makes the movie stupid. IMO. It might be ok, I doubt I'll ever watch though, and I sure won't pay to.
 
... and it's covering a senseless subject. Street racing is stupid, therefore a documentary of actual people doing this makes the movie stupid. IMO. It might be ok, I doubt I'll ever watch though, and I sure won't pay to.
Oh, that's brilliant logic there. 👍

Why make documentaries on war? And why show war events on the news?

:dunce:
 
Yeah...

"Most" wars = Fighting for a cause

Street Racing = Fighting to see who can drive more retarded with a more retarded looking car and see who can kill the most people/destroy the most property.

I see the similarities. :dunce:
 
Yeah...

"Most" wars = Fighting for a cause

Street Racing = Fighting to see who can drive more retarded with a more retarded looking car and see who can kill the most people/destroy the most property.

I see the similarities. :dunce:

Yeah....What he said!

What is it called? False something...False analogy. That's what you used.@FC
 
I would've said all, but there were a couple that are a waste of time. :cough: Iraq :cough: :cough: Vietnam :cough: :dopey:
 
Stupid is the word Loon used.

War is stupid. Hence, the analogy fits.

However, there are some brilliant documentaries made about war.

Your analogy, V1P3R, seems more like you're comparing the importance or necessity of the two.
 
Stupid is the word Loon used.

War is stupid. Hence, the analogy fits.

However, there are some brilliant documentaries made about war.

Your analogy, V1P3R, seems more like you're comparing the importance or necessity of the two.
Except that war being stupid is not a commonly shared opinion. Unless you consider wars like WWII stupid which is the one that normally has a gigantic library of documentaries on it.

Street Racing on the other hand, is generally seen by the public as stupid as well as many things. Street Racing does not really deserve a documentary unless someone is going to do it right. And this movie, based on the "trailer" I saw in the first post, is not doing it right.
 
I thought it was generally accepted that war is stupid. Surely we all accept there are better ways to deal with the situation?

And I didn't think the trailer looked too bad. Like I said, the martial arts interludes didn't seem to make sense, but the overview and the interviews seemed to be interesting. :indiff:
 
War is stupid, but in some cases it's, or was, necessary. Street racing is stupid, but never necessary.

And it's not that I hate documentaries, there are some really cool ones out there.
 
I thought it was generally accepted that war is stupid. Surely we all accept there are better ways to deal with the situation?
So, then explain how you would deal with a man who pretty much blamed a country's problem amongst a select group of people? Because obviously, talking to such a man did nothing when he got a whole nation behind him.
 
It looks poorly done, and it's covering a senseless subject. Street racing is stupid, therefore a documentary of actual people doing this makes the movie stupid.

the topic of organized street racing its self isnt stupid. its a problem that the government does everything but fix. a constant struggle between the two that ends up in deaths.

a documentary of street racing is in no way stupid.
 
the topic of street racing its self isnt stupid. its a problem and the government does everything but fix it. a constant struggle between the two that ends up in deaths

a documentary of street racing is in no way stupid
Except that the deaths are only caused by the street racing side, and could be avoided if people would use their heads.
 
which is why its the problem. the government choosing not to fix it becomes part of the problem too.

impounding and crushing cars is a huge cop-out, scare tactic
 
which is why its the problem. the government choosing not to fix it becomes part of the problem too.

impounding and crushing cars is a huge cop-out, scare tactic

The Govt. does not need to be wasting its time with street racers, but it is not like they haven't tried. There are all kinds of laws in different states that regulate street racing laws, with California actually stating it is now legal to arrest the spectators of street racing.

BTW, if impounding and crushing cars helps reduce the activity, I say go for it.
 
War is stupid, but in some cases it's, or was, necessary. Street racing is stupid, but never necessary. ...
So you're agreeing that war is stupid, just like earlier you said street racing was stupid.

... And it's not that I hate documentaries, there are some really cool ones out there.
On the assumption you're referring to at least one war documentary, you've agreed that good documentaries can be made about activities which are considered stupid.

Or are you not including any war documentaries in your above statement, therefore saying there are no great documentaries about war?



So, then explain how you would deal with a man who pretty much blamed a country's problem amongst a select group of people? Because obviously, talking to such a man did nothing when he got a whole nation behind him.
Sometimes war is necessary, yes. I didn't say it wasn't. I said it was stupid. The issue shouldn't escalate to that point in the first place.

Except that the deaths are only caused by the street racing side, and could be avoided if people would use their heads.
You could say the same thing about war: it could be avoided if people would use their heads.



But rather than discussing the stupidity of war or street racing, can we get back on topic of whether this documentary has the potential to be good, and how we can't write it off as crap purely because it's documenting an activity which is regarded to be stupid?
 
But rather than discussing the stupidity of war or street racing, can we get back on topic of whether this documentary has the potential to be good, and how we can't write it off as crap purely because it's documenting an activity which is regarded to be stupid?
Ok, I won't respond to your other comments.

I do think a person can determine if they're going to like a movie/documentary based on the subject matter of said movie/documentary. A person who really likes old American muscles cars probably isn't going to like anything that deals with Japanese modern cars. If I think illegal street racing is stupid, then most likely I'll think a movie about it is stupid as well.

But who knows, obviously some of you think it does have the potential to be a good movie, and just because I think it's going to suck doesn't mean I'm right.

@Nissan Tuner: If a movie about street racing isn't stupid, then what makes it good or important? What can we learn from it?
 
Seems to me to be the sort of documentary you would want to watch to bolster your opinions about how bad street racing is.

From the trailer, it didn't seem to me to be glorifying street racing. Is that impression you got? Judging by some of the interviews - with parents who have lost children, etc. - it will illustrate how severe and dangerous illegal street racing can be.

:indiff:
 
Seems to me to be the sort of documentary you would want to watch to bolster your opinions about how bad street racing is.

From the trailer, it didn't seem to me to be glorifying street racing. Is that impression you got? Judging by some of the interviews - with parents who have lost children, etc. - it will illustrate how severe and dangerous illegal street racing can be.

:indiff:

You don't need much help proving that illegal street racing is wrong and reckless.

TBH, it did seem that way some, but it also seemed like it was making the street racer's the victims. If only the governments of these towns and cities would build race tracks for them to do it on.[/badexcuse]
 
Back