New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
It was not my intention to fool anybody. It is obvious that this is not a F1 replica hence it has more features than other F1 replicas out there... ;)

It is obvious this, nice looking T500 F1 rim is a toy in comparison. :)

YOU ARE A TOY!!!
8qi0h.jpg

Like Buzz Light Year it may have nice buttons and look flash but to some appear to be something its not.

PS nice to see your (still) alive and kicking Thomas.

Last edited:
sw-china-2a-f.jpg

this is the RB steering wheel so fanatec f1 rim is pretty similiar

i rather have fanatec f1 than thrustmaster f1

on the other hand, ferrari's wheel is way bigger than rb's
2009-f1-steering-wheel-ferrari.jpg

Well, it looks more like a GP2 rim because it is just like that. The FORMULA rim is not our F1 rim. It is a generic Formula style rim. We will have a real F1 rim later with even more functionality.

In the interest of you guys making money, you don't need to make a real F1 rim any time soon. What you need to do is create a formula wheel for the CSR Elite sooner, not later. I'm sure there are more than just a few people who would agree with me.

The CSR Elite needs to have a little more going for it before I can justify the cost of what is otherwise a wheel with decent potential. If the CSW never existed for me to compare it to, I probably wouldn't be as spoiled on this idea.

You have a guaranteed customer in me if you can make it happen sometime early next year.

In the interest of you guys making money, you don't need to make a real F1 rim any time soon. What you need to do is create a formula wheel for the CSR Elite sooner, not later.

Real F1 rim was supposed to be made some time next year, so you'll probably get formula rim for Elite a lot sooner.

Played a part of the day at "F1 2011" with "Ferrari F1 Wheel" = with this wheel everything is definitively faster, stronger & more precise :dopey:

NB: Nice picture found on Facebook.
315005_282007508493658_177715455589531_1121275_819834060_n.jpg

Last edited:
WildRun
Played a part of the day at "F1 2011" with "Ferrari F1 Wheel" = with this wheel everything is definitively faster, stronger & more precise :dopey:

NB: Nice picture found on Facebook.

What is the basis of you comparison?

Are you saying the F1 wheel makes the T500 faster, stronger, and more precise?

Are you saying the F1 wheel makes the T500 faster, stronger, and more precise?

Definitely YES!

Easy to explain:
* T500 uses a very big & very powerful industrial "Bühler Motor" (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, Ø 52mm/2”) with in addition a very big & very powerful "Power Supply" (24V - 7A - 160W)
= when you use it with a smaller wheel, T500 is then even more powerful and faster

* T500 uses a very very high resolution on steering axis (16-bit resolution with 65536 values only for the wheel) with in addition "Hall Effect" Technology
= when you use it with a smaller rotation angle (270° or 360°), T500 is then even more precise because you have 65536 values on a very small range

;)

WildRun
Definitely YES!

Easy to explain:
* T500 uses a very big & very powerful industrial "Bühler Motor" (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, Ø 52mm/2”) with in addition a very big & very powerful "Power Supply" (24V - 7A - 160W)
= when you use it with a smaller wheel, T500 is then even more powerful and faster

* T500 uses a very very high resolution on steering axis (16-bit resolution with 65536 values only for the wheel) with in addition "Hall Effect" Technology
= when you use it with a smaller rotation angle (270° or 360°), T500 is then even more precise because you have 65536 values on a very small range

;)

but the internals are exactly the same.

faster i can understand but stronger? impossible.

I have mine on preorder too and definitely see what WildRun is getting at. The internals are the same, so it's not technically 'stronger'. But because the wheel is minimized and your arms are closer, the force feedback and the effects become more pronounced. Hope to see a video of it in action soon!

Man--they boosted the $599 price of the original version to $699 for the F1 and the wheel itself is $200.

I think the Fanatec top of the line wheel (which isn't out yet) will be $650 for the base and wheel, plus another $100-200 for pedals so the TM will still be cheaper, but not as much as I had hoped.

The fanatec will be better :)

The Fanatec may be better.

The only thing we know for sure it will be much more expensive.

I'm predicting £400 for the wheel + £100 for the fixed paddles + £200 for the pedals, so essentially double the price?

The fanatec will be better

Do you have this wheel ? Which wheel do you have? How do you know ?All that's available to us atm is viral hyping .(which means zero until you have it to try for yourself)

The Fanatec may be better.

The only thing we know for sure it will be much more expensive.

I'm predicting £400 for the + £100 for the fixed paddles + £200 for the pedals, so essentially double the price?
I have tried the T500rs.. and will have one (F1) shipped to me pretty soon to review but in my opinion the fanatec will be better.. However i cannot prove it until I have reviewed both. (and its all about preferance) :) Also i hate static shifters so i wouldn't use that add on. I would use the paddles on the wheel

Why so sure? Remember the initial CSW video, where the wheel spins slowly?
That is likely down to wheel settings. :)

Do you have this wheel ? Which wheel do you have? How do you know ?All that's available to us atm is viral hyping .(which means zero until you have it to try for yourself)

Like i said above.

To clear things up.. my gt2 does not work
+Currently I have a GT2 and DFGT and i will be purchasing the CSW :)

Last edited:
I have tried the T500rs.. and will have one (F1) shipped to me pretty soon to review but in my opinion the fanatec will be better.. However i cannot prove it until I have reviewed both. (and its all about preferance)

Overall, it does come down to preference.

On paper, the force feedback of the Fanatec CSW seems like it will be better because of the twin motors (versus 1 motor in the T500). Twin motors to my knowledge can be utilized to help force feedback feel more precise, in addition to being more powerful. I don't think twin motors will make the CSW immensely more powerful in comparison to the T500, but if the power these motors possess is used correctly, the force feedback experience should feel much smoother. The T500's force feedback is already pretty smooth in its own right, so imagine what that can mean for the CSW if what I am saying is correct.

In terms of torque, I feel the T500 has the CSW beat. The T500 is a real beast in that area. Like others have mentioned already, the CSW still seems to turn just as slowly as the other Fanatec line of wheels. To further add to this, it still has the built in drift setting available to allow you to lighten the feel of weight so you can spin it faster. The T500, even when set to a heavy wheel weight in game, seems to spin just as fast, regardless of how heavy the wheel feels while you try to turn it. This is also why static flappy paddles were a good idea to include as a standard for the T500 and not as a later option. To me it seems like Thrustmaster also kept drifters/rally drivers in mind while approaching their design. Currently, no other wheel compatible with the PS3 has that same amount of torque.

Both wheels support quick release functionality. The CSW's quick release has an edge over the T500 because it supports being hot pluggable. For those who don't know why that would matter, being hot pluggable will allow you to switch rims while the wheel base is still turned on, maybe even to the extent of allowing you to do this while the game is still running. That is an awesome addition.

At the moment, both companies seem set on releasing a variety of rims. With the amount of hype Thomas has been stirring up over Fanatec's plan to support multiple rims, I can see Thrustmaster trying to counter balance that by continuing to create additional rims for their product as well, beyond the F1 add-on.

Now for accessories. It's a no brainer that Fanatec currently has the edge in this department. They have an existing variety of stuff you can already choose from with even more coming on the way. Pedal wise, the CSP w/hall effect sensors and load cell is top of the line. Thrustmaster's pedal set is not bad either in its own right, considering that it was bundled with the wheel and would probably cost less than the CSP if it was bought separately. It has an all metal design, built-in inversion capabilities, good resistance, the ability to use real after market pedal plates as substitutes for the current ones, and the brake pedal feels good once you install the mod they have included. The current shifters from Fanatec aren't saying much, and the premium shifters from each company are not out yet, so we'll have to wait for a proper comparison in that area.

To me it seems you can't go wrong either way. The CSW has a bit more going for it, and that makes sense because it will cost you a bit more to own. A lot of people were speculating what Fanatec's response was going to be to the new T500 wheel when it hit the market. Well now you have it with the CSW, and in my opinion, it's a damn good response. I can only guess that Thrustmaster might have more planned for the T500 so it can stay on par with all the things Fanatec has planned for the CSW.

Back