[NEW] Time Trial Overtake Challenge. Starring: BRZ, HSV, GT-R N24

Why the early days of the event could see the replays of the top 250 and now can not?

Yeah, that is really disappointing. It was probably a mistake but it was a really nice one. May have taken up too much space on their systems, or maybe a couple of "I WANT IT NAO" type people complained loud enough about waiting to upload their laps?

It's too bad, because now that I finally have a few friends who've gone faster than me, I can't chase them. :(

Ok now i understand why everyone hates the N24 GTR. The car is running very stiff suspension thats why it behaves that way. You will need to learn how to drive the car before you can attain near good times.

My tip for this car dont brake while turning, dont get on the throttle easilly as it understeers out. Brake in a straight line, take the turns slow in fast out then improve from there. And also do not load other peoples ghosts for this if you havent learned or understood how the car behaves drive using your own ghost 1st so that u can set the pace and not get distracted over the top guys ghosts.

Once you fully understand how this car behaves / handles and you have already maximized your time using your own ghost then try loading any of the top guys ghosts improve again from there.

Hope my tip would help those who are struggling.

My personal best time for the N24 GTR - 1'42.642 :)

Personal bests:

BRZ Tokyo - 1:05.410
HSV Suzuka - 1:12.829
N24 GTR Nur - 1'42.642

:)👍

**edit**
All these times were done using my DS3. Directional buttons to steer X and square for gas and brakes. All BB are set to 5/5 as i dont have access on RA menu. No driver aids except ABS1. :)👍

te?
Ok now i understand why everyone hates the N24 GTR. The car is running very stiff suspension thats why it behaves that way. You will need to learn how to drive the car before you can attain near good times.

My tip for this car dont brake while turning, dont get on the throttle easilly as it understeers out. Brake in a straight line, take the turns slow in fast out then improve from there. And also do not load other peoples ghosts for this if you havent learned or understood how the car behaves drive using your own ghost 1st so that u can set the pace and not get distracted over the top guys ghosts.

Once you fully understand how this car behaves / handles and you have already maximized your time using your own ghost then try loading any of the top guys ghosts improve again from there.

Hope my tip would help those who are struggling.

My personal best time for the N24 GTR - 1'42.642 :)

Personal bests:

BRZ Tokyo - 1:05.410
HSV Suzuka - 1:12.829
N24 GTR Nur - 1'42.642

:)👍

**edit**
All these times were done using my DS3. Directional buttons to steer X and square for gas and brakes. All BB are set to 5/5 as i dont have access on RA menu. No driver aids except ABS1. :)👍

You do have access to RA menu, go to options, assign buttons - you can assign RA menu to any free buttons, maybe R3 or L3, but you can't use directional buttons to make adjustments, unless you use the analog stick for steering :(

I cant drive using the analog stick thats why i wont be able to fiddle with the RA menu. :(

So I thought this was a pretty good event. Seeing as it is numbered #1, it seems there is a high chance for additional overtake challenges to come our way.

Anything to change things up a bit.

te?
I cant drive using the analog stick thats why i wont be able to fiddle with the RA menu. :(
I promise you if you use L3 to steer and R2-L2 for gas and brakes you will improve you times. You have more control over throttle, brake and steering.
Using the bottons is like full throttle full brake and full lock all the time. I look back at playing GT1 and 2 and say to myself how did I drive with the bottons :crazy:

te?
Controller #2? Really? How?

In the options menu the mappings for all control devices have separate entries for #1 and #2. So you can set up #2 to have a different layout than #1, then get out the second controller for when you want to use the RA menu. I haven't tried this specifically, but I do have different layouts for both controllers, and it shouldn't be any different than the way I do this which is to put most of my controls on my wheel and keep my controller at hand for the RA menu and one or two other things I never use like dry-weather windshield wipers.

I can't imagine life without the RA menu... as a non-ABS driver the things I spend most of my time doing - shuffle and spec racing - would be impossible without it.

The one thing to be careful of is that, while you might not be able to steer with the "off" controller(not sure how it works with 2 gamepads, I can't steer with my DS3 while using the wheel at least) you can accidentaly hit the gas or brake occasionally which can cause problems but it's not a big deal once you're used to it. You can also re-map those controls to get in your way less if there is a problem.

Had a few runs at Suzuka as it's the only one I hadn't won as well as golded.

Anyway changed that by winning with 1:13.173 ...... position 778.

And I think I could improve on that time too, maybe later.

Had another go in the Subaru yesterday and got in the top 50. I've been more than a car up on the top time exiting turn 1, but haven't been able to avoid contact with the Golf in turn 2.

Might have another go at some stage.

I'm having trouble with the Nurburgring still. I just had a good clean pass on the Viper, but the car in front of it just tapped my rear quarter-panel, and I got disqualified. I think they should make it so that there's some differentiation between whether you were the one that initiated contact or not, or maybe use the 'Crashed' disqualified if it's due to damage.

Different. But annoyingly short.

Nice "rare" paints - but I've lost them as I've too many items... probably lost the restoration tickets too!

The Honda Super GT - great sound, nice grippy beast.
The Skyline "Blue Sylvester" N24 - Cripes it felt very - four wheel drive. But once you get dialed in it is - still a dull drive. ENgine note is a step back.
The way the AI "park up" on a corner if you try for a wide line outside them is - a tad jarring to the disbelief levels.
The Scion at R246 good fun.

Very quick cash - bit of a faff to turn off the driver aids... but a repeat/restart keeps the driver aids off... and sometimes the Brake Bias settings too. (Which I had to do from the RA menu) - I think It remembered my preference if I was DQ'd before the end. (Impact on Wall or bake testing car - or four wheels off track.)

I was just about ready to give up on the HSV then had a run where I overtook the IS350 at 1st turn and the Xanavi at the last hairpin both around the outside which gave me a wider run and better acceleration out of the turn for a 1.14:957 and the gold.

This is one event where the ghost is absolutely vital to work out how to run these things to the drivers' best advantage.

Funny how you talk about the ghost here. I found it annoying, especially at the Ring, and it put me off having to despatch it all the time.

At that 1st corner you spoke of, I found that if I planted my foot after the initial right turn without changing down, and then changed down as/or after I passed the car (definitely inside) and entered the exit, I achieved the best result.

Of course many will have a different way of doing it to me however it gave me 1:13.1.

Funny how you talk about the ghost here. I found it annoying, especially at the Ring, and it put me off having to despatch it all the time.

At that 1st corner you spoke of, I found that if I planted my foot after the initial right turn without changing down, and then changed down as/or after I passed the car (definitely inside) and entered the exit, I achieved the best result.

Of course many will have a different way of doing it to me however it gave me 1:13.1.

I don't disagree, but I found it was too hit and miss as to whether I could dive bomb down to the inside without breathing on the bastard and getting DQ'd. Using DS3 there seemed to be too much to do with changing gears, braking, and all the rest of it whilst avoiding the IS350.

Trick to turn 1/2 at Suzi is to run less front brake bias (something like 4/7) and then only use partial braking... which allows a much tighter line in to turn 1 and an easy pass on the 1st car.

I promise you if you use L3 to steer and R2-L2 for gas and brakes you will improve you times. You have more control over throttle, brake and steering.
Using the bottons is like full throttle full brake and full lock all the time. I look back at playing GT1 and 2 and say to myself how did I drive with the bottons :crazy:

I agree completely, until GT5 I used auto gear change, now I use R2 - L2 for brakes and gas. It changes the game completely. I also wondered why I never did it in previous GT's.

The last time I played GT5 was months ago. Moreover, I played in GT4 all my life with the directional arrows. Yet I didn't have much trouble golding the first two events of the Subaru and the Honda.

I have tried so hard but I just cant Gold the HSV Wieder TT on Suzuka. The car under steers so much and Im unable to cope with that with the DS3. The best I have managed so far is a 1:15.03. Any tips on how to drive this thing? I tried to follow the ghost of the player ranked first on the leader board but unable to keep up after the turn 3.

Finally got a chance at this yesterday and still no gold but I'm almost there just a second or two from it, except on that GTR challenge that damn car handles like an elephant but that Honda is awesome love that car now I'm thinking about getting it, nice marketing PD.

Anyways I'm gonna try that tip from ryzno sounds like it will simulate having a gas and a brake pedals 👍 👍.

Ryk
bit of a faff to turn off the driver aids... but a repeat/restart keeps the driver aids off... and sometimes the Brake Bias settings too. (Which I had to do from the RA menu) - I think It remembered my preference if I was DQ'd before the end. (Impact on Wall or bake testing car - or four wheels off track.)

I think it remembers your settings (including BB) for the session if you manually restart, but not if you DQ/restart.

Got round to trying the GTR for half an hour. Never actually finished and only got on to the straight twice after I enabled ABS=1. I got really good at the first chicane though :dunce:

Just had another go in the GTR and improved to 25th.

After hating it at 1st, I've really started to like it... the car is tricky to drive, but that's part of the enjoyment :)

Using AS strong, ABS 10 and brake balance 3/4.

1:04.738 on that BRZ challenge for 5th place. North American flags have taken over the entire top 5! :D

For the one with the skyline, just keep pushing the brake buton, if i were holding my brake pedal the car was spinning, and when i just keep pushing it, it goes well :) to get the gold you need to pass 3-4 cars

Back