New to Forza 3 | Want to race?

• Thread starter SPANK
  • 44 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Arizona
SpankifiedHiDef
I jsut purchased a Xbox 360 and bought Forza for it. I will be able to play it when i get home which kind of makes me excited! I havent played the forza series since #2 and i dont think i played it for more then 30 minutes. Is there an suggestions about the game you guys can share with me? I have a team (or club) on GT5 right now and am working to bring it over to Forza (including and mainly 4). Is there anyone that drifts on their and can maybe give me some tips? Once i get onto live i will update my gamertag.

Thanks guys!

Best advice I can give is to skip the career races at first. It's much better to set up a private online race. You fill it with AI and limit it to cars in whetever class you'll be driving in and set the difficulty as high as you can manage. Not only will this give you quite a bit more reward money, but in just 3 or for races you'll have leveled up high enough to jump into some of the better races.

Okay, and is it just like GT where i have to buy my first car with a certain amount of credits?

spank_ur_mom
Okay, and is it just like GT where i have to buy my first car with a certain amount of credits?

Cant specifically remember about the first car, but I'm pretty sure you are gifted your first car. It has been awhile.

Be sure to make good use of the auction house for vehicles, as you can usually get them for much cheaper there.

You first will race in an Audi R8 on one of the fantasy tracks, Camino Viejo I believe. This just gives you an intro to the racing. After the race you are given an option between 1 of 5 slow D class cars. I chose the Honda Fit but I recall the Ford Fiesta, Nissan Sentra, and Toyota Yaris being also options (also a Chevy?). Forgot the 5th car but you basically start there. You can pick career or from events list. There's 6 years in the career and events list is open pending you are high enough rank to have it unlocked.. The career will cycle through 3 options depending what events you've raced, what cars you purchased, etc. At the end of each week you'll have a big series race. You'll start off slow but by your 6th and final year you'll be in the R1 series championships. I'm actually on my last year saving up for the Audi R15. Been painting, browsing AH or racing events list. One day I'll afford the R15 and get cracking on finally completing my final year.

Well i get home at 9:30est. from work, i still have to stop and get xbox live card and set everything up plus make some money and get me some cars, or i would love to join!

Well i get home at 9:30est. from work, i still have to stop and get xbox live card and set everything up plus make some money and get me some cars, or i would love to join!

We probably wouldn't get started till about 10 as a few people are reporting that as the time they would be able to make it.

PS: If you need a ride I could hook you up also.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to get use to the handling first before I enter into a series

I would have some fun but I dont know any of the tracks. I would just simply suck haha im thinking about getting 3 months of live tonight

I know right!? just gotta think about it

Ah don't worry about it. Just get used to the driving and when you're ready to make moves you can. First off, before anything, I'd get a wheel for it if you don't already have one. A totally different game when you have the wheel.

Yeah if you need a cheap force feedback wheel this is the route to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Steeri...Accessories&hash=item2eb64d3693#ht_500wt_1156
It may not be a Fanatec but its much cheaper and still much better than using the controller. This was the very first force feedback wheel I had ever used. I bought mine about a month after getting Forza 2 and I thought Forza instantly became a different game with a force feedback wheel.

Last edited:
Yeah if you need a cheap force feedback wheel this is the route to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Steeri...Accessories&hash=item2eb64d3693#ht_500wt_1156
It may not be a Fanatec but its much cheaper and still much better than using the controller. This was the very first force feedback wheel I had ever used. I bought mine about a month after getting Forza 2 and I thought Forza instantly became a different game with a force feedback wheel.
I would bid on that quick. Hopefully it won't go up alot.

ill Look into the wheel....just so different from gt5

At this point without the wheel you're just playing a different game. You have to get a wheel to really appreciate it.

Yes but i have been told xbox has no good wheel. But if i get some extra money ill see if i can try and find one. But i need a wheel stand haha

Yes but i have been told xbox has no good wheel. But if i get some extra money ill see if i can try and find one. But i need a wheel stand haha

I own a Fanatec wheel now. And it's great, especially with the Clubsport pedals. But before that I had the M$ wheel and it's a good wheel. It DOES have a flaw with the way they made the paddle shifters. They should have been made stronger as sometimes they can break. Not cool. Otherwise the microsoft wheel was a good wheel for the money. If you're handy with a soldiering iron you can bypass the shifters altogether and make a stick shifter adapter thingy I seen online. The microsoft wheel is not as bad as some one make you think.

Here's the link, if you can get this done suddenly the microsoft wheel is a GREAT wheel for the money. lol
http://www.briandorey.com/post/External-Button-Connections.aspx

Here's a link of a guy at the Forza forums who did a little something different based off the above...
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3155849.aspx

There's also the famous wheel bearing mod which tons of people swear by. I never did any of these myself. I owned two wheels, the first one had lasted for years with no problem till I started slamming the shifters harder than usual and broke them. The second one I had I could tell was going to go quick on me, it didn't last long and before it got to terminal condition I took it back to Best Buy. So it's all in which one you get I guess.

Last edited:
xbox live will be set up tonight! maybe we can meet up to have a open room or something?

Um not sure if its too late for you, but i was going to be on at 10mst? I have to share a tv thats why i get on so damn late!

I would actually prefer later, like 11 mst?
Confession: I watch Burn Notice faithfully, and it's on at 9pst (10 mst) so I'll be on after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back