New to GT7 - First time ever playing a GT game - Tune question

• Thread starter ZoddLIVE
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
Coming from playing Forza games. I like making tunes and racing them online against other players and was wondering if GT7 lets you make custom tunes on your cars to race online against players and in events like Forza.

Welcome to GTPlanet.

What exactly do you mean by custom tunes? You can tune the car's suspension, downforce (if available), gearing, LSD and ballast.

Last edited:
tune it like you can in Forza. coming from that game. Add better engine parts and what not. Like in forza you can take a car in C class and add to it to make it better within the C class or make it better and it becomes a B or A class. Than you tune it to perform better than the stock tune.

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes, but you may be prevented from entering certain ranked races with certain modifications, and in races with Balance of Performance (BOP) enabled most modifications are reverted or ignored.

Last edited:
tune it like you can in Forza. coming from that game. Add better engine parts and what not.
Yes, naturally. Gran Turismo has had engine tuning since the very first game.

And today, in GT7, we have so much more. For example, now you can engine swap a big bunch of cars, a new feature to the series.

nice. I usually keep the car within the Class for the race but I tune it so it handles best on the track for fastest lap times. So as long I can tune the handling of the car for better track times and grip I'll be fine.

Back