New Track in GT Sport World Finals?

• Thread starter rocky1993
  • 310 comments
I respect everyone's opinion, but you are terribly misinformed. If anything the F50 is closer to what Ferrari is all about than the F40. With it's race derived, naturally aspirated V12, which are both a huge part of Ferrari's DNA. I could even go one better by stating that the even newer F12 TDF is closer in that respect, in it being a front-engine V12, minus the racing roots. Terrible quality is what Ferrari's were notorious for through most of their life under Enzo's stewardship. Unless you find the lack of carpets, cheap red fabric, visable welding points and rough carbon fibre on the interior of the F40 a step up over the the leather, alcantara and glossy carbon finish of the F50. But neither can be considered having a luxury interior. The F50 had huge boots to fill and was always going to be the "difficult second album". If the F40 originally had the F50's naturally aspirated V12 and the F50 had the F40's twin turbo V8, then people would complain even then about it not being a "proper Ferrari". The F40 had the benefit of coming first, regardless of it's advantages and disadvantages over the F50. The F50 being one of the first road cars to use a carbon fibre tub and having pushrod suspension brought it even closer to being a race car than the F40. The open top experience on the F50 provides a race car type experience coupled with it widley being acclaimed as being as one of the best sounding Ferrari road cars just adds to the experience. Looks are subjective, so I will give you that. But your obvious dislike for the F50 has lead you to make uniformed statements that are completely wrong. And "people only like the F50 because they have an emotional connection to it" you say? So what is your connection to the F40? Do you own one or were you involved in the development of it? I am sure your connection to the F40 has some emotion attached to it as well. I think you need to look up more information about the F50 before making such an ironically emotional statement about it. You may still prefer the F40 after reading about it and that is fine by me, but please look up the facts before making such a bold statement is all I ask.

Thank you for reading.

Couldn't say it better. I think some tv shows like Old Top Gear or some journalists were a bit guilty about the F50 bad reputation. Jeremy Clarckson with his jokes maybe?

I bought some magazines back in the 90s featuring the F50 and none of them talked bad or something about it. But yeah we are in the internet era and opinions spread like fire.

I think F50's design is sexy, not Ferrari's best but no the worst wich I think it's F512M (that car is a disgusting hybrid of other Ferrari models, something like the Mclaren 650s in my opinion). F50 has rounded lines and smooth surfaces because it was the trend by the mid 90s. Mclaren F1 and Toyota Supra were some examples of that change in design direction from the 80's. Rounded headlights instead of squared ones, cleaner and smoother rim designs.. I had to admit I didn't like the Supra front fascia and look back then at first. I could say the same and affirm people that likes Supras has some kind of emotional connection to it because how good is when tunned and "Fast and the Furious". But that's just my opinion. The truth is I like all of them.

Last edited:
250 GTO, 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo and the LaFerrari we now have the complete set!!

Time for PD to complete this list.

288 GTO Evoluzione
F40 Competizione
F50 GT1
FXX
599XX
FXXK

No, no, no. That won't do. PD could be reading these posts for ideas so let's give them an idea of what we really want.

288 GTO Evoluzione
F40 Competizione
F50 GT 1
FXX Evoluzione
599XX Evoluzione
FXXK Evoluzione

:D

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by this layout now! I honestly thought we were going through only an airport and factory but we're all the way in Yokohama instead of the titular Tokyo. We'll be seeing Minato Mirai, Daikoku-futo, and Tsurumi areas if the circuit is based on a port. We should expect to see a bay bridge, maybe the same one found in SSR7.

For those saying that there are similarities to SSR5, perhaps its teasing a borrowed area of SSR5's map on the track like a Ridge Racer circuit.

Also I want to believe Tokyo Expressway is just the new name of the SSR series because the road signage calls Central as 'R2' and East as 'R12' or 'R/E1', something that defined both R5, R7, and R11. I'll be paying attention to the road signage when the circuit appears tomorrow.

d42sttm2yvy11.jpg

Ummm... this is the track? Wow (Owen WIlson).

I respect everyone's opinion, but you are terribly misinformed. If anything the F50 is closer to what Ferrari is all about than the F40. With it's F1 race derived, naturally aspirated V12, which are both a huge part of Ferrari's DNA. I could even go one better by stating that the even newer F12 TDF is closer in that respect, in it being a front-engine V12 like the legendary cars of the 50's that made Ferrari what it is, minus the racing roots. Terrible quality is what Ferrari's were notorious for through most of their life under Enzo's stewardship. Unless you find the lack of carpets, cheap red fabric, visable welding points and rough carbon fibre on the interior of the F40 a step up over the the leather, alcantara and glossy carbon finish of the F50. But neither car can be considered having a luxury interior and that was never their purpose. The F50 had huge boots to fill replacing the F40 and was always going to be the "difficult second album". If the F40 originally had the F50's naturally aspirated V12 and the F50 had the F40's twin turbo V8, then people would complain even then about the F50 it not being a "proper Ferrari" or a worthy successor to the F40. The F40 had the benefit of coming first, regardless of it's advantages and disadvantages over the F50. The F50 being one of the first road cars to use a carbon fibre tub and having pushrod suspension brought it even closer to being a race car than the F40. The open top option on the F50 provides a closer race car type experience and coupled with it widley being acclaimed as being as one of the best sounding Ferrari road cars just adds to that. Looks are subjective, so I will give you that. But your obvious dislike for the F50 has lead you to make uniformed statements that are completely wrong. And "people only like the F50 because they have an emotional connection to it" you say? So what is your connection to the F40? Do you own one or were you involved in the development of it? I am sure your connection to the F40 has some emotion attached to it as well. Most people's affection, for rare, expensive peformance cars, especially before widespread access to the internet was available, was because of posters, magazine articles, Tv coverage, video games or scale models. I think you need to search for more accurate information about the F50 before making such an ironically emotional and ill researched statement about it. You may still prefer the F40 after reading about it, and that is fine by me, but please look up the facts before making such a bold statement is all I ask.

Thank you for reading.
Yep, terribly misinformed.

On the other hand, a port section on the new Tokyo Expressway sounds like fun! It's essentially turning into the Special Stages we had in earlier games, albeit realistic. Which I suppose makes for a more authentic experience.

Couldn't say it better. I think some tv shows like Old Top Gear or some journalists were a bit guilty about the F50 bad reputation. Jeremy Clarckson with his jokes maybe?

I bought some magazines back in the 90s featuring the F50 and none of them talked bad or something about it. But yeah we are in the internet era and opinions spread like fire.

I think F50's design is sexy, not Ferrari's best but no the worst wich I think it's F512M (that car is a disgusting hybrid of other Ferrari models, something like the Mclaren 650s in my opinion). F50 has rounded lines and smooth surfaces because it was the trend by the mid 90s. Mclaren F1 and Toyota Supra were some examples of that change in design direction from the 80's. Rounded headlights instead of squared ones, cleaner and smoother rim designs.. I had to admit I didn't like the Supra front fascia and look back then at first. I could say the same and affirm people that likes Supras has some kind of emotional connection to it because how good is when tunned and "Fast and the Furious". But that's just my opinion. The truth is I like all of them.
Both the F50 and Carrera GT had underwhelming receptions at launch. Being compared unfavourably to the outright performance of the F1 and the rawness of the F40. It was that crossover period where chassis, and fit & finish, where much improved, but they where still analogue cars with manual transmissions and few electronics.

It’s because of this these cars are now highly desirable. The era before we moved into semi-auto and then hybrid.

Was working on this together with highway route from GT5/6 for Assetto Corsa, sadly didn't finish it, too much time... BTW nice pick... would love to see it in game...
Eh, somebody tried making this on AC? I just knowing Trial Mountain only on AC

No, no, no. That won't do. PD could be reading these posts for ideas so let's give them an idea of what we really want.

288 GTO Evoluzione
F40 Competizione
F50 GT 1
FXX Evoluzione
599XX Evoluzione
FXXK Evoluzione

:D
I wouldnt mind paying a bit for these cars to come if it were necessary. Wish they would add 2 or 3 of them at least.

Both the F50 and Carrera GT had underwhelming receptions at launch. Being compared unfavourably to the outright performance of the F1 and the rawness of the F40. It was that crossover period where chassis, and fit & finish, where much improved, but they where still analogue cars with manual transmissions and few electronics.

It’s because of this these cars are now highly desirable. The era before we moved into semi-auto and then hybrid.

You hit the nail on the head. I think the F40 changed the game so much that the standards the F50 had to achieve to be deemed a worthy successor were impossible to live up to. And despite these new age of peformance cars being faster than cars like the F50, the neutered experience in comparison makes people appreciate them even more now. You only miss somes things when they are gone. For me it is still the closest road going Ferrari to their racing heritage, in the era of strictly fuel injection since their old carburetted road racers. Strangely though the digital dashboard on the F50 was considered cutting edge at the time.

And I am glad you mentioned the Carrera GT, as I mentioned that in another thread about the F50's inclusion in GT Sport.
To me the Ferrari F50 is Ferrari's Carrera GT 9 years before the Carrera GT. With all the classic hallmarks of Ferrari. Both are driver focused, with minimum driver aids. Both have naturally aspirated, race derived engines, but the F50 has two more cylinders. Both use a manual transmission, but F50 has that beautiful gated shifter. Both have removable hard tops, but the GT's is a lot easier to remove. And arguably, they are the best sounding road cars from their respective manufacturers. Now if only we could have Porsche's "big five" in GT Sport as well. But that is for conversation for another day. :)

Time for to put out my F50 and CGT prototype 1:18 models out for display to admire.

I think I have talked enough about this subject on a thread that is about new tracks. Only 90 minutes remaining to actually see both make their GT Sport debut. Hope it matches yesterday's race for excitement. Will be on the F50 thread for reactions when the event is over. Hope we all get something we want from it and the subsequent dlc.

Peace! :gtpflag:

Last edited:

Ferrari F50... I don't even know what to say... It's been my favourite car ever since I discovered it when I was a kid back in 1995 or so, and I have been waiting DECADES for this car to appear in Gran Turismo. To see it in action... I am completely blown away and beyond ridiculously excited for the next update so I can turn a dream from 20 years ago into reality. Every time a new GT Sport update came I hoped and hoped for the inclusion of that car, even though my expectations were quite low since PD have never really showed any appreciation for the car (although I did see a museum homepage mention of it in GT Sport). But to see it for real this time... I am beyond surprised and cannot wait to drive this car all day when the update goes live. Too bad there is no Spa as that was my dream to drive the F50 around that track for the first time, but I'm incredibly grateful for the car itself after 20 years.

I respect everyone's opinion, but you are terribly misinformed. If anything the F50 is closer to what Ferrari is all about than the F40. With it's F1 race derived, naturally aspirated V12, which are both a huge part of Ferrari's DNA. I could even go one better by stating that the even newer F12 TDF is closer in that respect, in it being a front-engine V12 like the legendary cars of the 50's that made Ferrari what it is, minus the racing roots. Terrible quality is what Ferrari's were notorious for through most of their life under Enzo's stewardship. Unless you find the lack of carpets, cheap red fabric, visable welding points and rough carbon fibre on the interior of the F40 a step up over the the leather, alcantara and glossy carbon finish of the F50. But neither car can be considered having a luxury interior and that was never their purpose. The F50 had huge boots to fill replacing the F40 and was always going to be the "difficult second album". If the F40 originally had the F50's naturally aspirated V12 and the F50 had the F40's twin turbo V8, then people would complain even then about the F50 not being a "proper Ferrari" or a worthy successor to the F40. The F40 had the benefit of coming first, regardless of it's advantages and disadvantages over the F50. The F50 being one of the first road cars to use a carbon fibre tub and having pushrod suspension brought it even closer to being a race car for the road than the F40. The open top option on the F50 provides a closer race car type experience and coupled with it widley being acclaimed as being as one of the best sounding Ferrari road cars just adds to that. Looks are subjective, so I will give you that. But your obvious dislike for the F50 has lead you to make uniformed statements that are completely wrong. And "people only like the F50 because they have an emotional connection to it" you say? So what is your connection to the F40? Do you own one or were you involved in the development of it? I am sure your connection to the F40 has some emotion attached to it as well. Most people's affection, for rare, expensive peformance cars, especially before widespread access to the internet was available, was because of posters, magazine articles, Tv coverage, video games or scale models. I think you need to search for more accurate information about the F50 before making such an ironically emotional and ill researched statement about it. You may still prefer the F40 after reading about it, and that is fine by me, but please look up the facts before making such a bold statement is all I ask.

Thank you for reading.
Great post, I am glad somebody wrote that up to give the F50 the respect it deserves. I have a lot of respect for the F40 and would never even remotely trash it as it is an unbelievable machine, but the F50 has always attracted me on a much higher level. Exactly as you said, it represents everything that Ferrari is and just screams Italian emotion. I know the car does seem to be "love it or hate it" amongst the automotive community, but those that do love it... they really, really love it and for good reason. If you've seen any videos of people like Shmee or Chris Harris driving the thing you'll see them turn to giddy little kids while driving it.

And I'm sorry if anyone disagrees cause I will never back down from this, but that V12 4.7L... There is no better sounding engine on the planet. The F50 is the Tyrannosaurus of the engine world (it honestly sounds like a T-Rex to me during flybys). I just hope PD have captured that engine sound at least on a respectable level because it is such an important part of the F50 experience.

In the past I have been a bit underwhelmed by most of GT Sport's updates, but I will not be this time. Thank you, PD... I've been very patient but this is literally a dream come true for me.

Edit: Just watched the entire race with the F50, listening for the engine sound (thankfully Yoshida was heavily focused on due to being up front!). And it's actually pretty good, both onboard and trackside. Sounds like it has a bespoke engine sound that captures the distinct F50 V12 (could maybe be more grunty but still decent and hard to tell during a race with other cars), so I'm satisfied based off those preliminary impressions. Can't wait to drive it myself.

Last edited:
I haven’t had the F50 and McLaren F1 together in the same game I own since Need For Speed 2 SE on pc that’s when I fell in love with those cars. Now to finally have them together again in the same game with Gran Tursmo Sport is amazing can’t wait for this December update it’s like my childhood again. :bowdown:

Glad to see 240Z and F50 in the game. Just needs a classic 911 and we can recreate Wangan Midnight shots with the Tokyo tracks :D As for the F50, I always feel it's the forgotten middle child of the Ferrari V12 family (just like the R33 is the least popular of the R32-R34 series). For me though, it's the Ferrari supercar I grew up with.

The gauge cluster is just pure beauty with green/yellow/red :drool:
ferrari_f50_30.jpg

And for those old enough to remember:

As for the track, while I do like Tokyo for hotlapping, it has always been a poor track for racing. Mind boggling why they would introduce it at the Finals. It's a curveball for sure. The layout, cargo containers and the South moniker makes me think it's based around either the Hiroshima or Kobe perfecture areas.

Taken from Wangan Midnight games (which are based on actual real roads, unlike PD's only "inspired" by roads):

hanshin3_img01.jpg

http://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5dxplus/en/system/course/kobe.php

hiroshima_img01.jpg

http://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5dxplus/en/system/course/hiroshima.php

Would've liked to see the SSR tracks come back as well personally. At least they're wider and allows proper overtaking. Anyway, it looks like another cracking update next month, can't wait!

Back