New Track on 1st January?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paiky
  • 45 comments
  • 5,656 views
The accompanying image on the blog post is the 2012 N24 GT-R at a Toscana course maker track. The event will, most likely, appear in Seasonal Events (like the Signature Edition challenge) if you have entered the correct promo code, thus being an exclusive track-and-car challenge.

I wouldn't get too excited.
 
Certainly seems pretty clear, people with the Academy Edition will be racing on a new track on Jan 1st. Question is when everyone else will get it, in February once the competition is over I would guess, just like Motegi.

EDIT: Or what Famine says seems much more likely. An "exclusive" course maker track.
 
I have Academy Edition and had standard edition right from the start...anyways when I go to redeem my code it says that the code is invalid or expired anyone here redeemed special academy event code yet?
As for the track could be Silverstone? :-)
 
Check on the gran turismo website (GB version)! ;)
 
I have Academy Edition and had standard edition right from the start...anyways when I go to redeem my code it says that the code is invalid or expired anyone here redeemed special academy event code yet?
As for the track could be Silverstone? :-)

The competition will start January 1st. So hold on to the code until then.
 
You would think they would stop referring to track creator circuits as 'new'.
 
Check on the gran turismo website (GB version)! ;)

It doesn't say any different from the link OP.

Seasonal Event for GT5-Academy owners on "a" track (what track is unknown).

Several times there is mention of "Silverstone" but that is all about a Driving-Experience/Training located at Silverstone, hosted by an Instructor and beeing a prize given to the 7 best participants of said seasonal.
 
I bet several hours from now, rumours will be flying that Bathurst or Silverstone is on the way...lol:sly:
 
I bet several hours from now, rumours will be flying that Bathurst or Silverstone is on the way...lol:sly:

I go all in on that one!
 
I bet several hours from now, rumours will be flying that Bathurst or Silverstone is on the way...lol:sly:

Considering the prize is a driving day at Silverstone, if we do in fact get a new track I would believe it to be that one. Something tells me that photo of the N24 GT-R on Toscana was just them throwing the car on any track just to get a photo of it.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...
 
Does make sense. Oh well, I hope you are right! :D
 
Well if it is a new track then we'd need to see a sizable title update before that date because sorg explored the XL disc and said he found no trace of new tracks.

I'd go with the Toscana theory.
 
Considering the prize is a driving day at Silverstone, if we do in fact get a new track I would believe it to be that one. Something tells me that photo of the N24 GT-R on Toscana was just them throwing the car on any track just to get a photo of it.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

But of all the tracks they could do that on it just happens to be one that PD can claim as being 'new'? Seems unlikely to me, I'm pretty sure they already have plenty of 'stock' photos of the car they could have used rather than do that.
 
Well if it is a new track then we'd need to see a sizable title update before that date because sorg explored the XL disc and said he found no trace of new tracks.

I'd go with the Toscana theory.

Last update was big enough to have C7 proto and a new track also inside.
 
Well if it is a new track then we'd need to see a sizable title update before that date because sorg explored the XL disc and said he found no trace of new tracks.

That honestly means nothing to me. Doesn't mean they can't still add it later...
 
I agree with the comments on the PS Blog that say it's kinda rubbish that it's the newcomers who get this special event, but the loyal fans who got the game as it came out get nothing.

I own a standard GT5 (which I got on the Christmas if the year the game was released) and an Academy Edition; so that comment doesn't apply to me.

Anyway, I'm glad I kept my code now :sly:
 
Last update was big enough to have C7 proto and a new track also inside.
Don't think so, a track alone is usually 100Mb or so.

That honestly means nothing to me. Doesn't mean they can't still add it later...

Not sure what you mean, I was saying that if a new track wasn't on the disc they're going to need to download it before Jan 1st.
 
Not sure what you mean, I was saying that if a new track wasn't on the disc they're going to need to download it before Jan 1st.

Agreed. They may have a sizeable update coming in the near future.

My comment was towards the "not found on the disc" part.
 
Maybe they will open up the inside of route X.
 
Weeyyy.

At least finally something for the some of the other countries in Europe to participate in. :)

No way im gonna be top 6, but im sure gonna give it a try. :dopey:
 
Hopefully we'll see a old track from GT2 like Grindelwald or Rock Valley
 
Yay for Sony trolling it's fan base yet again.
 
Man hopefully we get Silverstone. AND Bathhurst. Then I could die a happy man.
 
Back