NEW Tracks for GT7

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by CLowndes888, Aug 7, 2020.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

One request I have is, if a track has multiple layouts or configuration options, can we get that in the game? I'd like to be able to configure the circuit, include certain chicanes and eliminate others. Where is Nurburgring GP-D? Can we get the motorcycle chicane too? This goes for most circuits.

I also like circuits that are a bit quirky or not well known. Several locations that the Supercars Series run in Australia would be nice. Several other European circuits that would be nice like Imola or Misano, Zandvoort, etc.

NosOsH and BrunusCL82 like this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

A shame we got multiple layouts in past games.

3. Monkey Man

Monkey Man

Man, that's one dangerous run.

If the trees or rocks don't kill ya, the fall will.

Vspectra and happycorey like this.
  4. The DOHCter

The DOHCter

Sepang, Istanbul.

We've had monaco in gt6 right?

Duppy Gee likes this.
  5. SSAuto

SSAuto

Best not to get your hopes up with PD, but Pike's Peak is looking possible...

6. Samus

Samus

It's not looking any more possible than it did three years ago when we knew they had the license. As in, we simply don't know what PD are doing with it.

7. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I will never understand why GT Sport doesn't have the shortened variation of the Nurburgring GP track.

SSAuto likes this.
  8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I do miss having Indy in the game having seen this video. Also, this adds to my "need more layouts" from above, would love to have this version.

9. GBalao888

GBalao888

MeechShrykull likes this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

Phillip Island is an excellent track for racing and overtaking. The track is wide enough, has good b asking zones for overtaking, it flows really well and a good pitlane entry/exit. Of course the scenery is to die for.

Daytona Road Course fits Sport Mode just as good. Trying to get the pass done before T1. Then, before the bus stop. The Infield is quick enough and challenging before entering the banking.
    I had just gotten the PS Magazine featuring Luis Ordonez and it showed an in-car view of the GT-R at Daytona. I always thought what it would be like, to race real race car drivers in Gran Turismo, around that circuit. It'd make for interesting Nations/Manu races.

Monkey Man likes this.
  11. Monkey Man

Monkey Man

My best buddy's fave location for his bike track days is Phillip Island, and from everything he's told me, your assessment is spot-on, mate.

12. 05XR8

05XR8

Sportsland Sugo is a must.

nickf1gr, k12power and Monkey Man like this.
  13. Monkey Man

Monkey Man

Some nice elevation changes and cambers. :tup:

14. Samus

Samus

Very narrow though, not great for racing.

15. kikie

kikie Premium

Sportsland Sugo: never heard of this track but it looks like an interesting track.

16. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Sugo was in TOCA World Touring Cars if I remember correctly. I used to love that game back in the day.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:29 PM
  17. kikie

kikie Premium

I had TOCA 2 and gave it to a friend, for free. :ouch:

18. 05XR8

05XR8

Good racing at Sugo

Gran Turismo style

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 11:42 PM
    Monkey Man likes this.
  19. NoStopN

NoStopN

All of those are well known to us Americans. But, Mid-Ohio is likely to be the last one considered to be included. That's mostly because of its notoriety. But no Road America pains me.

It would seem a given to include Road Atlanta, considering Michelin (partner with GTS) has naming rights to the track.

Sebring & Imola seem long overdue for the franchise. Watkins Glen would be a great addition.

I looked up both Circuit GV & Canadian Tire motorsport park. Even though NASCAR runs Mosport quite a lot, Gilles Villeneuve has some NASCAR history & various other feathers in it's cap. But, being built on a man-made island in the middle of a river? That's just crazy enough to be visually stunning in a video game recreation.

Agreed.

They had to put the stupid chicane in there to try to slow cars down heading into the carousel. I don't know the mortality rate at the Glen, but the chicane happened after the nationally televised death of J.D. McDuffie in 1991.

Odd thing about the Indy road course is since it isn't in GTS, it appeared in GRID (reverse direction). I did love the Indy road course in previous GT games.

I believe GRID also copied Sugo & run it in reverse. If so, it is a bit of a challenging track & would likely be good for some daily race A events.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM
  20. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Given what I assume is probably unlimited access to the Japanese car world, I've never gotten how this track has been overlooked game after game.

And if you guys want a North American circuit, look at no other than Mosport (I refuse to call it by it's corporate BS title; Canadian Tire Motorsports Park). Other than being on iRacing, I don't know of any other game with it under a license. Unlike Road America, and almost all other U.S. major road circuits. Plus, PD wouldn't have to deal with ISC (owner's of most major race tracks in the U.S.), which would expedite things.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

Sugo is also in PCars2.

The TI Aida circuit was cool in ToCA 2.

For PD to pull out Interlagos and Autopolis, we'll see a few more surprises in Gran Turismo 7.