NEW Tracks for GT7

One request I have is, if a track has multiple layouts or configuration options, can we get that in the game? I'd like to be able to configure the circuit, include certain chicanes and eliminate others. Where is Nurburgring GP-D? Can we get the motorcycle chicane too? This goes for most circuits.

I also like circuits that are a bit quirky or not well known. Several locations that the Supercars Series run in Australia would be nice. Several other European circuits that would be nice like Imola or Misano, Zandvoort, etc.

It's not looking any more possible than it did three years ago when we knew they had the license. As in, we simply don't know what PD are doing with it.

One request I have is, if a track has multiple layouts or configuration options, can we get that in the game? I'd like to be able to configure the circuit, include certain chicanes and eliminate others. Where is Nurburgring GP-D? Can we get the motorcycle chicane too? This goes for most circuits.
I will never understand why GT Sport doesn't have the shortened variation of the Nurburgring GP track.

Phillip Island is an excellent track for racing and overtaking. The track is wide enough, has good b asking zones for overtaking, it flows really well and a good pitlane entry/exit. Of course the scenery is to die for.

Daytona Road Course fits Sport Mode just as good. Trying to get the pass done before T1. Then, before the bus stop. The Infield is quick enough and challenging before entering the banking.
I had just gotten the PS Magazine featuring Luis Ordonez and it showed an in-car view of the GT-R at Daytona. I always thought what it would be like, to race real race car drivers in Gran Turismo, around that circuit. It'd make for interesting Nations/Manu races.

My best buddy's fave location for his bike track days is Phillip Island, and from everything he's told me, your assessment is spot-on, mate.

Sportsland Sugo: never heard of this track but it looks like an interesting track.

Sportsland Sugo: never heard of this track but it looks like an interesting track.
Sugo was in TOCA World Touring Cars if I remember correctly. I used to love that game back in the day.

Last edited:
Road America #1
Road Atlanta
Virginia international
Mid Ohio

All of those are well known to us Americans. But, Mid-Ohio is likely to be the last one considered to be included. That's mostly because of its notoriety. But no Road America pains me.

Out of any potential new race tracks for GT7, it seems that Road Atlanta would be highly likely as it was shown in hidden GT Sport game files along with possible remasters of classic tracks.

It would seem a given to include Road Atlanta, considering Michelin (partner with GTS) has naming rights to the track.

I kind of want those of Sebring, Hockenheimring, Imola, Watkins Glen, Yas Marina, Sepang and the Bahrain Circuit.

Sebring & Imola seem long overdue for the franchise. Watkins Glen would be a great addition.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal should be added, the US is already over-represented in the game, and if GT truly aspires to represent the world, Canada needs to be in the game somehow. Canada would make for some nice scapes as well, and has a good history in motorsport (the Villeneuve family in F1).

I looked up both Circuit GV & Canadian Tire motorsport park. Even though NASCAR runs Mosport quite a lot, Gilles Villeneuve has some NASCAR history & various other feathers in it's cap. But, being built on a man-made island in the middle of a river? That's just crazy enough to be visually stunning in a video game recreation.

I don't know why Sebring has never been in a Gran Turismo game, but its time for it to change. It more of a 'sports car track' than Daytona will ever be.

Europe has Le Mans.

Australia has Bathurst.

North America has Sebring.

Agreed.

Watkins Glen is one of those tracks I want to like because its been basically untouched since the 1980's, and I'm happy its still around... BUT, It's just a huge shame the track itself isn't very interesting. The one and only unique section the track had was the long straight going into a banked carousel, and then they had to put a stupid chicane in front of it, which turned it into a flatout corner.

They had to put the stupid chicane in there to try to slow cars down heading into the carousel. I don't know the mortality rate at the Glen, but the chicane happened after the nationally televised death of J.D. McDuffie in 1991.

I do miss having Indy in the game having seen this video. Also, this adds to my "need more layouts" from above, would love to have this version.

Odd thing about the Indy road course is since it isn't in GTS, it appeared in GRID (reverse direction). I did love the Indy road course in previous GT games.

Sportsland Sugo is a must.

I believe GRID also copied Sugo & run it in reverse. If so, it is a bit of a challenging track & would likely be good for some daily race A events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good racing at Sugo

Given what I assume is probably unlimited access to the Japanese car world, I've never gotten how this track has been overlooked game after game.

And if you guys want a North American circuit, look at no other than Mosport (I refuse to call it by it's corporate BS title; Canadian Tire Motorsports Park). Other than being on iRacing, I don't know of any other game with it under a license. Unlike Road America, and almost all other U.S. major road circuits. Plus, PD wouldn't have to deal with ISC (owner's of most major race tracks in the U.S.), which would expedite things.

Sugo is also in PCars2.

The TI Aida circuit was cool in ToCA 2.

For PD to pull out Interlagos and Autopolis, we'll see a few more surprises in Gran Turismo 7.

IMO GT desperately needs more american tracks. I'd be extremely happy if they added these ones:

Road America
Road Atlanta
Watkins Glen

Other particularly interesting additions would be Sugo, Imola, Brno and Istanbul Park.

Last edited:
Well we don't have many "Top Speed tracks, infact, we have one that's bullet straight, SSRX

So why not Avus?
1200px-Circuit_AVUS.svg.png

Last edited:
Due to Volksauto's research, Watkins Glen CONFIRMED*!

After looking at many close details, I found out the Alfa 8C 2900B in the GT7 teaser is not a 1937 but rather a 1938. Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera built five total "Lungo Berlinettas" (Long wheelbase sport coupes) between 1937 and 1938/39.
Chassis #412020 (1937)
3-8.jpg
IMG_3109pebblewinnner.jpg

Chassis #412024 (1939)
3888_10646390_13.jpg
3888_10646390_17.jpg

Chassis #412029 (1938)
Alfa-Romeo-8C-2900B-Lungo-Touring-Berlinetta-61567.jpg

Chassis #412035 (1938)
Alfa-Romeo-8C-2900B-Lungo-Touring-Berlinetta-30568.jpg
Alfa-Romeo-8C-2900B-Lungo-Touring-Berlinetta-30554.jpg

Chassis #412036 (1938)
Alfa-Romeo-8C-2900B-Lungo-Touring-Berlinetta-61559.jpg
Alfa-Romeo-2900-Berlinetta-interior-900x600.jpg

---
The interior shown in the trailer in no doubt chassis 412035 which was completed in the summer of 1938. This car, driven by Frank Griswold won the 1948 Watkins Glen Grand Prix.
WATKINS-GLEN-THE-STREET-YEARS-1948-1952.jpg

View attachment 969752
Alfa-Romeo-8C-2900B-Lungo-Touring-Berlinetta-30554.jpg

*juuuuuust kidding ;)

I know this might not be a common opinion, but I really do look forward to some of the new original designs that might be coming our way, especially if it's a locale that isn't known for having a circuit like with Croatia and Sardegna.

Otherwise, I think Lime Rock Park would be nice, but I'm mostly saying that since I live in CT.

It may be a rare, unique and impossible request, but I would love it an original circuit in Spain. Here in Spain there are many wonderful scapes (Castilla - La Mancha, Ibiza, Andalucia... ). A track in these place could be great.
It is imposible, but Kaz love Spain. Dreaming is free, no?

It may be a rare, unique and impossible request, but I would love it an original circuit in Spain. Here in Spain there are many wonderful scapes (Castilla - La Mancha, Ibiza, Andalucia... ). A track in these place could be great.
It is imposible, but Kaz love Spain. Dreaming is free, no?
If every course introduced in the PS3 era returns, as well as all GT Sport courses, I think we’d have three circuits set in Spain. There would be Catalunya, Ascari, and Circuito de la Sierra.

This is a tough one for me. I'm a classics tracks fan so I like Spa, Silverstone, Monaco, Montreal, Adeliade, Bathurst, Imola, Interlagos, old Hockenheim. most classic US tracks etc.

I'm not a huge fan of *most* new tracks lke the Tilke stuff and Dubai, COTA etc.

So far I havent been convinced that many new tracks are any good. Like who cares about Hungaroring or anything in the middle east or the former eastern bloc countries or most of Asia except for Japan... sochi, baku etc.

So to me all GT7 needs to bundle in those classics and most US tracks and the PD originals and I'm good to go.

One tangent I do like is if they recreated any defunct circuits. eg. Brooklands.

Someone should be preserving tracks that dont exist no more.

I'm not a huge fan of *most* new tracks lke the Tilke stuff and Dubai, COTA etc.

So far I havent been convinced that many new tracks are any good. Like who cares about Hungaroring or anything in the middle east or the former eastern bloc countries or most of Asia except for Japan... sochi, baku etc.
I do. Dubai is my 3rd favourite track, after nurb and the 'seca. I would love the opposite. More Eastern and Mid East tracks and more unknown tracks from around the world. Everyone knows about spa, monza, etc. because they're in every racing game. The gaming world needs variety and we won't achieve that if we stick to only the popular tracks.

It is a bit ironic that you mention preserving tracks yet didn't think about how having these lesser known tracks would benefit and go greatly toward that goal since, without doubt, these tracks won't exist in the far future.

Last edited:
Back