NEW Tracks for GT7

The very new track I'd like to see in GT 7 is Le Circuit de montagne de France de CHARADE near Clermont Ferrand.

With two layouts :
- the historic (long) where the Formula 1 Grand Prix de France was raced between 1965 and 1972 and has seen John Surtees, Jim Clark, Jacky Stewart, Jacky Ickx, Henri Pescarolo .... At that time this track has been nicknamed "the French Nürburgring"
- the modern (short) becoming a permanent circuit in 1989

Last edited:
If we're talking French tracks, I would love to see Rouen Les Essarts. It isn't much of a challenge in modern high downforce race cars but in road cars and older race cars it's great fun.

Doubt they would do it though, I don't think PD have ever included a track that only exists in the past, only old versions of current tracks.

If we're talking French tracks, I would love to see Rouen Les Essarts. It isn't much of a challenge in modern high downforce race cars but in road cars and older race cars it's great fun.

Doubt they would do it though, I don't think PD have ever included a track that only exists in the past, only old versions of current tracks.

Yes, I thought of that one too, but Les Essarts appears in Project Cars and I was looking for an absolute great, forgotten and exclusive track for Gran Turismo and CHARADE is perfect for it.

It turns out that track still exist, is modernised for its permanent part, and could be extended to its historic layout.

Les Essarts is a great great choice too :cheers:

.... And I nearly forgot , I WANT THE CIRCUIT BUGATTI PART AT LE MANS !!!!

Always wanted a touge style road in Gran Turismo, would amazing to get a real famous mountain pass, or like forza did, just a fictional track inspired by that type of road.
I hope we get all the real and original tracks of gts and gt6. Plus more real tracks and some more new originals

Always wanted a touge style road in Gran Turismo, would amazing to get a real famous mountain pass, or like forza did, just a fictional track inspired by that type of road.
I hope we get all the real and original tracks of gts and gt6. Plus more real tracks and some more new originals
Or have the actual Mount Haruna touge run.

You never know in GT. All I know is that I prefer fantasy made tracks for this for a couple of reasons, first being pure nostalgia of times that were indeed better for videogames (first ps console era), and second because GT ain't precisely any serious about simulation, leaving actual tracks for other racers more sim oriented regardless they also ain't that sim as they claim (assetto corsa; project cars etc).

You never know in GT. All I know is that I prefer fantasy made tracks for this for a couple of reasons, first being pure nostalgia of times that were indeed better for videogames (first ps console era), and second because GT ain't precisely any serious about simulation, leaving actual tracks for other racers more sim oriented regardless they also ain't that sim as they claim (assetto corsa; project cars etc).

I get your points but I don't completly agree with you.

I guess we have to take the problem the other way round, in the way Gran Turismo is actually at the right balance between hardcore simulation and a fun game and to me remains on the simulation side in a "League of its own".

And we have to remember why this game is called Gran Turismo.

Grand Tourism is a car category made in the purpose of long distance and fast cruising through countries and continents, and I indeed agree the PS1 Gen games had that taste especialy on fantasy tracks.

That's the way I really wish some long distance tracks and road circuits with a big taste of realism.

Last edited:
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal should be added, the US is already over-represented in the game, and if GT truly aspires to represent the world, Canada needs to be in the game somehow. Canada would make for some nice scapes as well, and has a good history in motorsport (the Villeneuve family in F1).

Zolder is great in assetto competizione. I don't know why, but it feels great in that game regardless the physics in that game might suck more or less.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal should be added, the US is already over-represented in the game, and if GT truly aspires to represent the world, Canada needs to be in the game somehow. Canada would make for some nice scapes as well, and has a good history in motorsport (the Villeneuve family in F1).

Circuit Mont-Treblant is also a great Canadian track not in many big games. Good challenging corners.

I don't know why Sebring has never been in a Gran Turismo game, but its time for it to change. It more of a 'sports car track' than Daytona will ever be.

Europe has Le Mans.

Australia has Bathurst.

North America has Sebring.

1017392253-lat-20190315-wecsjep1_125-1.jpg

sebring12.jpg

12667130585_fea117b061_b.jpg

443b3cc3c391438173708fd2c8b2bf91.jpg

porsche-ferrari-sebring.jpg

Last edited:
As a native New Yorker, I'd choose The Glen.
View attachment 950719 View attachment 950720

Watkins Glen is one of those tracks I want to like because its been basically untouched since the 1980's, and I'm happy its still around... BUT, It's just a huge shame the track itself isn't very interesting. The one and only unique section the track had was the long straight going into a banked carousel, and then they had to put a stupid chicane in front of it, which turned it into a flatout corner.

Watkins Glen is one of those tracks I want to like because its been basically untouched since the 1980's, and I'm happy its still around... BUT, It's just a huge shame the track itself isn't very interesting. The one and only unique section the track had was the long straight going into a banked carousel, and then they had to put a stupid chicane in front of it, which turned it into a flatout corner.
I see The Glen as I see Road Atlanta. Love the classic-ness of the locations and their sweeping downhill turns. Blind crests flat out and heavy braking areas.

I'd love to see how The Glen would look in Gran Turismo and how the races play out at that circuit, in Sport Mode/online.

Theres a lot of old tracks that id take over the parking lots that modern grand prix circuits resemble.

Mosport Park is another Canadian Track PD could use if they cared to use the older cars they have in the game.

With the grass runoff you wouldn't have to guess when you're being penalised, for one.

Last edited:
Theres a lot of old tracks that id take over the parking lots that modern grand prix circuits resemble.

Mosport Park is another Canadian Track PD could use if they cared to use the older cars they have in the game.

With the grass runoff you wouldn't have to guess when you're being penalised, for one.

Japanese, Australian, Canadian, American, and (classic) European tracks are the best in the world. That's what we need more of. Parking lots are boring.

I’d like to see some period tracks, like the 80s Monza and Brands Hatch we had as part of the Senna tribute in GT6.
These tracks could be used as locations for Mission challenges eg a mission involving the 787B at LeMans in 1991?!
Not sure exactly how easily this could be done though as tracks are scanned nowadays and obviously the old layouts are completely gone!!

I’d like to see some period tracks, like the 80s Monza and Brands Hatch we had as part of the Senna tribute in GT6.
These tracks could be used as locations for Mission challenges eg a mission involving the 787B at LeMans in 1991?!
Not sure exactly how easily this could be done though as tracks are scanned nowadays and obviously the old layouts are completely gone!!
I absolutely agree with this. Would be cool to see a 1960's Le Man's, paired with a singleplayer 24 hour race. Might put the Ford GT40 Mark IV, and Ferrari 330 P4 to good use.

Would it? Do you really want them to use their limited resources to model a huge circuit which is suitable only for time trials? We could have four or five proper circuits instead.
I wouldn't mind a fiction track in the vein of the Isle of Man TT but it would need to be wide enough to race on. The Isle of Man TT would be a cool track to lap in a Gran Turismo game but it's uses would be too limited to make it worth the effort to model.

That said PD did go to the effort to model that track for the Sierra Rally in GT6 which got limited use, so who knows what they might do if the Isle of Man TT does end up on thier agenda. Though there's no reason to think it is at the moment.

I wouldn't mind a fiction track in the vein of the Isle of Man TT but it would need to be wide enough to race on. The Isle of Man TT would be a cool track to lap in a Gran Turismo game but it's uses would be too limited to make it worth the effort to model.

That said PD did go to the effort to model that track for the Sierra Rally in GT6 which got limited use, so who knows what they might do if the Isle of Man TT does end up on thier agenda. Though there's no reason to think it is at the moment.

There's plenty of old circuits that would actually produce good racing that hosted car races which aren't excessively long.

Sachsenring is 8km, Solitudering is 11km, Schleiz is 7km, and that's ignoring the tracks that hosted world championship grand prix races.

I think Sierra is too arcade and too cartoonish, and in typical PD style, biting off more than they can chew. I've seen user made Grand Prix Legends tracks that are leagues ahead of it.

I also kind of think that GT7 should feature the Eboladrome from the Grand Tour. We had the Top Gear Test Track back in GT5, but was removed in GT6 due to unknown reasons, likely licensing.

Now that The Grand Tour aren't going to use the Eboladrome going forward I doubt we will see it.

They would just waste it like the TGT anyway with inane "challenges". It's like nobody making the game ever actually watched an episode of the show.

I really hope the Goodwood Festival of Speed hillclimb makes a comeback and brings the Forest Rally Stage with it.

But I also hope to see the Paul Ricard Circuit in France and Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.

If PD wants to do rally again they should take it more seriously and create proper long, twisty, tight rally courses as time trials. The rally tracks are so bad in GTSport with its wider design for short multi car races, they were such a weird addition.

In addition to Pikes Peak, I hope we can get Mount Washington HillClimb

Back