NEW Tracks for GT7

Not that they're unknown tracks, but on console racing games, Sebring, Kyalami, Misano, Virginia International Raceway, Paul Ricard, Donnington, Oulton Park, Zolder, Classic Spa, Classic and current Hockenheim. These sampling of circuits, many players of Gran Turismo have not experienced. Would be epic inclusions in the Gran Turismo franchise.

Many players don't like Autopolis, but it's a good inclusion in a real world circuit. At least some real race series can be replicated with its addition.

Anyway, just like the new Original circuits we've got for GT Sport, I'm sure PD will cook up new ones for GT7.

Not that they're unknown tracks, but on console racing games, Sebring, Kyalami, Misano, Virginia International Raceway, Paul Ricard, Donnington, Oulton Park, Zolder, Classic Spa, Classic and current Hockenheim. These sampling of circuits, many players of Gran Turismo have not experienced. Would be epic inclusions in the Gran Turismo franchise.

This is why we have more than GT to choose from. :D PC2 has several of those tracks.

I have all of these tracks on Assetto Corsa bar 2 (Classic Hockenheim and Classic Spa). Gran Turismo HAS to have Sebring, Kyalami, Zolder, Oulton Park and Hockenheim at the very least. They're obvious additions at this stage but I only see Hockenheim getting in...

A drag strip.
can-i-get-an-amen.jpg

I do. Dubai is my 3rd favourite track, after nurb and the 'seca. I would love the opposite. More Eastern and Mid East tracks and more unknown tracks from around the world. Everyone knows about spa, monza, etc. because they're in every racing game. The gaming world needs variety and we won't achieve that if we stick to only the popular tracks.

Your'e well served by Forza.

It is a bit ironic that you mention preserving tracks yet didn't think about how having these lesser known tracks would benefit and go greatly toward that goal since, without doubt, these tracks won't exist in the far future.

BECAUSE... I dont care about 'preserving' tracks I dislike.

eg. our "home" track is Albert Park, Melbourne. Its straight garbage and I dont care about it one bit.

Dont preserve trash. I would caveat that by saying that many temporary street circuits are no good.

However I do feel like a track like Phoenix Formula 1 or Cleveland Burke Lakefront race track is worth preserving.

obr8eymlkx231.jpg

f_cart_2003_etapa09.jpg

So you hate Albert Park but want to preserve a track someone cobbled together from two airport runways? :confused:

It may not be great for modern F1 cars but Albert Park is at least a proper track, albeit on public roads.

Not a new track, but i really wish that New-York Street Circuit would come back and just maybe for the better Insomniac would help PD with it, because that will bring the best of that track and capabilities of ps5, i guess. But this collab won't happen, so i just have a wish for the track.

I have all of these tracks on Assetto Corsa bar 2 (Classic Hockenheim and Classic Spa). Gran Turismo HAS to have Sebring, Kyalami, Zolder, Oulton Park and Hockenheim at the very least. They're obvious additions at this stage but I only see Hockenheim getting in...
Hockenheim seems like a good choice after the Super GT/DTM dream race. However, I honestly don't see any of them coming to the franchise. We had Silverstone(all configuratrions) and have Brands Hatch. Other BTCC circuits don't even seem to be on PD's radar. Goodwood is cool to have.
One kind of obscure circuit up PD's alley, would be Croft. I'm not sure it's even open today, but I couldn't see PD modelling a more mainstream circuit like Donington. I mean, Pd's decision to bring us Ascari and Sonoma Raceway over more well known circuits.
This is why we have more than GT to choose from. :D PC2 has several of those tracks.
Exactly. Thing is, the same way PD opened up JDM cars to the masses, getting some of these globe trotting circuits in the game, would do the same.
Interlagos was a surprise. Why we didn't get it with the Senna content? I don't know.

Anyway, having the kart in GTS, those driving park layouts from the past GTs would make so much sense. Redevelop them for the next game.

So you hate Albert Park but want to preserve a track someone cobbled together from two airport runways? 😕
While I agree there are far better choices out there to put in GT, devaluing the Cleveland Airport Circuit to being 'cobbled together from two airport runways' isn't deserved. It regularly produced better racing than most modern tracks do today. If track diversity is what game needs like many people love to say, Cleveland wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

If I remember correctly, Sebring was made entirely from an WW2 bomber training airfield, and now its the 2nd most iconic endurance track in the world behind Le Mans.

Not a new track, but i really wish that New-York Street Circuit would come back and just maybe for the better Insomniac would help PD with it, because that will bring the best of that track and capabilities of ps5, i guess. But this collab won't happen, so i just have a wish for the track.
I think the more likely scenario is that we'll get the Formula E circuit based in Brooklyn, as I recall PD/Kaz expressing interest in bringing Formula E to the series. Something to note is that the GT4-era NYC circuit was based in Manhattan, whereas the Formula E circuit is in a different borough of NYC.

Personally, I think Formula E's circuits could be a great way to have more city circuits, sometimes even in the same locations as in the city circuits in GT4, including Hong Kong and the aforementioned NYC.

With all this in mind, I'd love the Dubai Autodrome as another real-world circuit, as we don't have any circuits (real or original) from that part of the world, plus there's the famed Dubai 24h. For similar reasons, I'd include Kyalami as well as Phillip Island.

Yeah, I feel like PD generally does trend towards having circuits (either real or original) based in as many parts of the world as possible, even if there are some exceptions. For example, the inclusion of two real-world circuits based in California, between Willow Springs and Laguna Seca - and yet I still want Sonoma on top of that! That's also not including the original circuits seemingly based in California, with Blue Moon Bay and Special Stage Route X. But other than Sonoma, I think that'd be enough for California, haha!

EDIT: I really do look forward to some of the original circuits, not only for what locations get used, and not only what their actual designs end up being, but also the fact that they'll be free from licensing issues - which should ideally make them much more likely (if not outright guaranteed) to appear in future GT titles.

Last edited:
Dubai is an interesting one, as GT Academy raced there for a couple years. Wonder if PD took time to model that circuit.

Dubai is an interesting one, as GT Academy raced there for a couple years. Wonder if PD took time to model that circuit.
I wouldn't mind if this made it in. It's not bad and in my opinion better than Yas Marina for racing.

It's a decent track with all its configurations. Funnily enough, it'd fit in with PDs circuit line up. Real circuit with a bit of a fantasy/PD original circuit feel to them.

Your'e well served by Forza.
I'm also served well by Asetto Corsa mods, which has almost every popular track available for it. My point was that with GT being one of the more popular car/racing games it would benefit everyone greatly if GT made diversity its priority when it comes to track content. I'm not sure what your point is/was. Are you suggesting I go play Forza because I disagree with you?

I won't comment on albert park as I've yet to drive it in any game, nor reality.

Last edited:
I think the more likely scenario is that we'll get the Formula E circuit based in Brooklyn, as I recall PD/Kaz expressing interest in bringing Formula E to the series. Something to note is that the GT4-era NYC circuit was based in Manhattan, whereas the Formula E circuit is in a different borough of NYC.

Personally, I think Formula E's circuits could be a great way to have more city circuits,
I really hope not, the Formula E tracks are far too narrow and twisty for good clean racing. It'd be bumper cars galore.

Last edited:
Let's say they should focus on all the best F1 tracks (that aren't in GT Sport):

-Sepang
-Silverstone
-Hockenheim (both new and old I would really like!)
-Zandvoort
-Hungaroring
-Imola
-Mugello
-Portimao
-Monaco (or Cote d'Azur, I don't care)
-Baku
-Instanbul Park
-Sakhir
-COTA
-Indy
-Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
-Paul Ricard
-Shanghai
-Vietnam proposed track
-Albert Park (modified 2021 and classic)

Last edited:
Let's say they should focus on all the best F1 tracks (that aren't in GT Sport):
-Sepang
-Silverstone
-Hockenheim (both new and old I would really like!)
-Zandvoort
-Hungaroring
-Imola
-Mugello
-Portimao
-Instanbul Park
-Sakhir
-COTA
-Indy
-Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
-Paul Ricard
-Shanghai
-Vietnam proposed track
-Albert Park (modified 2021 and classic)
+1 for many of those, plus Circuit Gillles Villeneuve!

(oh, and I don't really like it, but a return of Cote d'Azur as I think it was called in previous GT games wouldn't be too bad...)

Last edited:
+1 for many of those, plus Circuit Gillles Villeneuve!

(oh, and I don't really like it, but a return of Cote d'Azur as I think it was called in previous GT games wouldn't be too bad...)
Yes Gilles Villeneuve would be good too.
I really like Monaco because its a real driver's track, requires so much commitment and concentration, a mistake is usually very punishing, even in a game

I'm of the opinon PD doesnt care about F1 tracks as a rule, further they are not likely to want to license a whole bunch of them.

THis isnt an F1 sim.

Be that as it may, OF COURSE I would like just about every F1 track past and present, even the crappy ones but really, I want a lot of things that arent realistic.

btw. Adelaide has always and forever crapped all over Albert Park.

I realise I have an un-natural hatred of all things Melbourne being I have always lived in Australia's premiere city but Melbourne's presentation of F1 at Albert Park has always been sub par to say the least.

A word about US classic Indycar... going back to 1995 or that period, there's was more racing on those circuits prior to them becoming IRL that a whole slew of modern F1.

Back then the US beaming Indycar into Australian TV around midnight and it was some of the best racing I've ever seen anyway on some of the best tracks anyway.

I stand by that but this is ancient history to most people.

Last edited:
btw. Adelaide has always and forever crapped all over Albert Park.
Are you looking for a fight? As a track the Adelaide layout was boring and smaller with less space for spectators. Only part of the track was in parkland and it didn't have a lake in the middle. Albert Park is just better!

Last edited:
Both those tracks are no Phillip Island. No elevation change with walls.

What make them both good, are the flow required to be quick. Turn 8 at Adelaide and Turn 11(being redesigned) at Albert Park.
It's weird how both can be processional and yet Bathurst, is a bit tighter but, has passing everywhere.

Both are challenging circuits and I think that's what would win players over. Similar to how many dislike(d) Autopolis and St Croix. These in-game circuits seem to appeal to more players since their debuts.

Back