New Update Changes - Custom Tracks Online!

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 37 comments

HaylRayzor

HASA Member
Premium
HaylRayzor
Great News! I have seen the holy grail! Custom tracks are being raced online RIGHT NOW!

But all the tracks we've made up to now can't be used... So we have to make new tracks. But we get a new corner bank adjustment, which means we'll get even better tracks. :)

Yep... playing with bank angles at the moment. These courses really expand GT5 life now, I was burnt out on all the included courses.

I noticed if you open an old track it says "... layout may change upon conversion..." but so far I'm seeing that it always changes... bummer. If you want to keep your old course, then exit right away without saving changes. If you click "No" to convert than you can no longer edit the old format course map or retrieve the variables for it. :(

Last edited:
I agree 100% with Muppetmad - I've spent a lot of time in the course maker and come up with some great tracks. I've come up with three in Mt. Aso (Backfire Ridge, Drifter's Peak, and Ascention [sp?]), two in Alaska (Chugach Mountains and Snowblind) and like five or six (or more) in Eifel, many of them quite awesome. Not to mention the two in Liege and several in Tokyo Bay and Eifel Kart. At least I know that the Haul Road-themed track idea I've been thinking about will be playable online.

Does downloading a shared track convert it without changing the layout?

I'm ticked we can't use courses we've already made - but I'll have a play with the feature now.
I've not been able to get on and download the update yet, but I would have thought we can open them for editing and save them as a post-update course.

edit: I missed this
I noticed if you open an old track it says "... layout may change upon conversion..." but so far I'm seeing that it always changes... bummer. If you want to keep your old course, then exit right away without saving changes. If you click "No" to convert than you can no longer edit the old format course map or retrieve the variables for it.
that is unfortunate, I hope I can convert at least some with minimal changes, or perhaps keep the layout but add some camber to corners.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like all the old tracks are Un-convetrable, Which is a shame I have a few dozen good tracks that are only usefull offline.

I'm guessing they've addressed the random jumps that pop up and maybe they didn't want those kind of tracks raced online. They might have made people hate the course maker tracks and not want to race them, Personally I think it would have been a blast.

One good note is that the new tracks with camber are much easier to learn and stay on track on the first go, But I'm not seeing as much variation as before Its seem less technical than before the update (although I only messed around a tiny bit last night with the MT aso theme)

I haven't had the chance to race online with them yet, so I wonder how many tracks from my created tracks can be used online, is it just the 1 shared track, or all of them? Does anyone know?

How do we get these tracks to show up when creating an online lobby? I've made a decent new track but it's not on the list when I'm choosing a track. I've tried with it on and off favourites, and on and off share with friends, won't show up still.. does it have to be in my lounge or something?

How do we get these tracks to show up when creating an online lobby? I've made a decent new track but it's not on the list when I'm choosing a track. I've tried with it on and off favourites, and on and off share with friends, won't show up still.. does it have to be in my lounge or something?

Ya I can't seem to get my custom tracks to show on online track list.

Make a room with any track then go to track settings and there will be an option to use your own tracks. For whatever reason they're not highlighted in the initial track selection screen. They also have to be added as favourites.

If you vote track there are the creator tracks right at the bottom of the list. The host can also change the number of sectors and complexity whilst in the lobby

Unfortunately they seem to have made it worse... it takes ages to load next track and the actual layouts seem to be much worse. 2 Sections which is what I often use is now un-usable, theyre all the same.

Unfortunately they seem to have made it worse... it takes ages to load next track and the actual layouts seem to be much worse. 2 Sections which is what I often use is now un-usable, theyre all the same.

It does work a little different now. But I just made my best track ever using 2 sectors. Very similar to some of the "old" tracks I made. But this one has proper camber in every corner thanks to the bank angle adjustment. I have it shared so take a look.

And I get to use it online! Home Run! 👍

This feature is 🤬 epic. I was bummed when this wasn't in the game on day 1, but glad that it is here finally. No more trial mountain, deep forest, autumn ring(yuck), cape ring. Toscana/Eifel/Mt. Aso, here I come.

This along with PP system makes for some close races. I raced 5 or 6 times yesterday and all of them were intense except for when I lost control or the usual amateur **** from me.

Now if PD can implement matchmaking and somehow churn out some great custom tracks that they will implement into it, that would be the icing on the cake.

PS: It seems like time changes in Toscana and Eifel tracks. But they're not 24 hour tracks. So for Toscana, time will change from 18.00 to 21.00 and stay that way? Or will it do a full night cycle/morning/afternoon/evening again? Same for Eifel?

So far, the handful of new courses I've made have been pretty enjoyable to race. I'm fairly well liking this whole banking thing. However, I suspect we'll be seeing a whole lot of banking in most of the new custom courses.

Great News! I have seen the holy grail! Custom tracks are being raced online RIGHT NOW!

But all the tracks we've made up to now can't be used... So we have to make new tracks. But we get a new corner bank adjustment, which means we'll get even better tracks. :)

Awesome!!! thanks for the info. I believe this will really help extend the life and popularity of GT5 and make better use of the Course creator.
👍

Thanks to this update, it has completely messed up my tracks, and after sorting through nearly 1000+ generated courses, I still have not found the one worthy of replacing mt. Murder.

I favorite'd my track and put it up for share and I can't find it online when I create a room...

create a room first with one of the game's tracks. Then when your in the room, go to course settings and you'll see a drop-down box for 'my courses'. Only tracks converted using the new update will show up.

I'm not sure if this would work, but it's an idea. If you add an old track to "share with friends" and had a friend download it, would it be in the new format, or old format still? Anyone tried this? Thanks.

I do notice that the length limit on Mt. Aso seems to be down to about two miles. Good layouts are almost impossible there now. Adding more sectors doesn't make the track longer, it just reduces sector size. Which means that Backfire Ridge (which currently measures about 2.4-2.5 miles) is staying in the old format until they fix this.

And as I said, you really can't get good layouts out of Mt. Aso anymore. They're either long and thin or wedge-shaped. All of them or almost all of them. The two I converted yesterday just seem to be missing something, as well.

Later today I'll share Backfire. Does anyone want to send a friend request so we can answer rennsport's question?

I just wanted to mention that Shuffle races online with the course maker tracks are awesome, almost better than using regular tracks.
Plus now real go kart tracks are usable.

To be honest these tracks work online much better than I expected.

I'm also bummed about the changes in MT. Aso, it was my favorite theme, but it lacks the complexity it used to offer.

I just wanted to mention that Shuffle races online with the course maker tracks are awesome, almost better than using regular tracks.
Plus now real go kart tracks are usable.

To be honest these tracks work online much better than I expected.

I'm also bummed about the changes in MT. Aso, it was my favorite theme, but it lacks the complexity it used to offer.

I was rallying with a buddy and we just did 5 sectors and 7 complexity and we ran for like 1 to 2 hours just regenerating new tracks it was great fun :)
It really shows who's a better driving, adapting to new tracks and applying different techniques on the spot.

OK, I've got a friend request and I'll be sharing the track shortly.

EDIT: It should be online now. Check it out and see if you can convert it without changing the layout.

Last edited:
Back