New Update Changes - Custom Tracks Online!

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 37 comments
I do notice that the length limit on Mt. Aso seems to be down to about two miles. Good layouts are almost impossible there now. Adding more sectors doesn't make the track longer, it just reduces sector size. Which means that Backfire Ridge (which currently measures about 2.4-2.5 miles) is staying in the old format until they fix this.

And as I said, you really can't get good layouts out of Mt. Aso anymore. They're either long and thin or wedge-shaped. All of them or almost all of them. The two I converted yesterday just seem to be missing something, as well.

Later today I'll share Backfire. Does anyone want to send a friend request so we can answer rennsport's question?

they've moved the markers on the topoghrapy so the track doesnt go over the hills nearer to the windmills, i feel cheated by that, Im enjoying racing custom tracks online though

I just made a really fun snow rally track. It's 5.9 miles long with some high banked turns. The new camber setting seems to have a lot of effect on the Alaska tracks. The track I made is called Snow beast. If anybody wants to try it out, just add my PSN : mazterbill. Sorry I don't have any pics posted:nervous:

Got a few people to race with me on it last night. They seemed to like it.

Last edited:
Just downloading a track from an older update doesn't make it work online, it'll say 'this track is not available for online play' or something like that, at the bottom of the track details.

This sucks, I understand why we need to use a new format, but why make the conversions completely unaccurate? Mt. Aso got messed up because all the tracks are now exactly the same, the length is now limited to only 1.5-2 miles, when before i could have tracks with 2+ miles.

I do notice that the length limit on Mt. Aso seems to be down to about two miles. Good layouts are almost impossible there now. Adding more sectors doesn't make the track longer, it just reduces sector size. Which means that Backfire Ridge (which currently measures about 2.4-2.5 miles) is staying in the old format until they fix this.

And as I said, you really can't get good layouts out of Mt. Aso anymore. They're either long and thin or wedge-shaped. All of them or almost all of them. The two I converted yesterday just seem to be missing something, as well...

Yep, I loved Mt Aso before the update and had some really daunting 2.75 mile courses with 490-550 feet of elevation change to them. Now with the new bank angle variable in the mix, it is extremely difficult to even seed a track that is in the low 400's for elevation change. I have, though, after some considerable range testing found ways to make some fun and challenging courses under the new formula, but I'd prefer the old course formats to be importable as is. There could be a best of both worlds if PD gets this track generation formula tweaked just right... but then we'll probably have to change custom course file format again on the next update, so doubtful at the moment that would happen.

I love that the course creator is being improved and that the courses can now be used online. The downside is that all of my pre-1.06 courses change drastically when converted. It's a shame to spend so much time 'teaking' (random trial and error / testing) to get a nice course only for it to become obsolete.

I am a little reluctant to put so much effort in to creating new courses as a future update might make them incompatible again. I hope PD try to improve the course maker while still allowing us to keep / covert older designs without major changes in its layout.

I am a little reluctant to put so much effort in to creating new courses as a future update might make them incompatible again.

I had fun making all my old courses, and there's no reason I can't have as much fun making new ones. But now I get to use them online. No brainer to me.

Latest Posts

Back