New video of GT5!

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 195 comments
I still prefer the US version

Second

1%20scruffy.jpg

Personally, I also prefer the NTSC/J intro as well.

Panama just doesn't fit in. On a similar note, I wish Sony would either file that damn patent already or test the 🤬 thing out
and sell or issue a firmware upgrade for it so I can pop in the Japanese version. :lol:

I really like the NTSC/J version too, always better than the PAL one since the first GT. And overall the Japan version got better sound tracks. I think the first GT still got the best sound track so far.

Or maybe changing weather is coming :drool:

I really hope so!

I would be the happiest GT fan in the world if they announced that rain will be in GT5 at TGS! I have been campaigning for this for a long time now and rain in GT5 would literally be the "cherry-on-top" of my GT5 wish list. :D

What would be extremely hilarious however, is if during the TGS presser, Kazunori Yamauchi says in English [right before the trailer starts and the full feature list is shown]:

"Gran Turismo 5 will be the definitive racer of this generation".

Oh, the irony and humiliation Turn 10 would suffer at such an announcement! What would they say in return? What could they say when faced with the onslaught that is Gran Turismo 5? :nervous:

Last edited:
I really hope so!

I would be the happiest GT fan in the world if they announced that rain will be in GT5 at TGS! I have been campaigning for this for a long time now and rain in GT5 would literally be the "cherry-on-top" of my GT5 wish list. :D

What would be extremely hilarious however, is if during the TGS presser, Kazunori Yamauchi says in English [right before the trailer starts and the full feature list is shown]:

"Gran Turismo 5 will be the definitive racer this generation".

Oh, the irony and humiliation Turn 10 would suffer at such an announcement! What would they say in return? What could they say when faced with the onslaught that is Gran Turismo 5? :nervous:

Lol they'll be jealous maybe.

The shape of tail lights ressembles the Z4 in a split second... however the back outline seemed differently of the Z4. I'd say it could be the Z4 and possibly I'd consider the chance being either the Continental GT or even the series 6 BMW (its filmed from down on the back)

I thought 6 series at first, but the side windows seem to indicate a Z4-model. The lights are very similar on these.

RE: The Wind Tunnel...
I'm pretty sure I remember some comments Ky made about wanting to simulate the "air and the way it moves around the vehicle" - not exactly those words but something like that - this might not be a cosmetic thing ;)

Looks very interesting.. I wonder how that Wind tunnel is going to play a role in GT5??? IMAGINE the possiblities :D

San Galgano Abbey - the car in front of this shown from behind - I think it looks a little bit like a Bentley Continental GT - don't you think?
or it could be a BMW Z4 Coupe

Yes I was 1st and correct about it being a BMW Z4 Coupe from the new high quality video - I impress myself sometimes with my car identification skills.

People at work used to bring in car magazines and they would cover up a picture of the car only letting a smal portion visible like a tiny bit of the wing or headlamp for example and I used to be able to tell 99% of the time what the car was.

A Totally useless skill but to none petrol-heads it was amazing for them to see.

When a tv show is on and some people are talking in a car and all you can se is the headrest /window surrond of the interiour of the car I shout out the name of the car as the camera pans out and I often get it right.

Do you do this too? Or to put it another way; are you as sad? :)

Yes I was 1st and correct about it being a BMW Z4 Coupe from the new high quality video - I impress myself sometimes with my car identification skills.

People at work used to bring in car magazines and they would cover up a picture of the car only letting a smal portion visible like a tiny bit of the wing or headlamp for example and I used to be able to tell 99% of the time what the car was.

A Totally useless skill but to none petrol-heads it was amazing for them to see.

When a tv show is on and some people are talking in a car and all you can se is the headrest /window surrond of the interiour of the car I shout out the name of the car as the camera pans out and I often get it right.

The skill isnt that sad. :indiff:
Posting about it on a thread using the words 'impress' & 'amazing' to describe it, is very sad. :guilty:

The skill isnt that sad. :indiff:
Posting about it on a thread using the words 'impress' & 'amazing' to describe it, is very sad. :guilty:

Posting about a poster being sad is even sadder than the original poster and me posting about a poster who's posting about me being a sad poster is really confusing.:dopey:

If you know so much, what signifigance does the word "Yenko" hold?

He's had enough time to Google.

I live about 5 miles from Canonsburg. In high school (a thousand years ago) my good friend had a '69 Stinger with 427 tri-power. The thing would shoot flames 3 feet out the Lakes pipes when the carbs got a little out of sync.

I had the pleasure of riding in it many times but never got to drive it. I do remember that it was ill-advised to EVER depress the gas pedal fully! :scared:

The beast was fully destroyed when Jack rear-ended a garbage truck with it while lighting a cigarette:ouch: He survived, the fiberglass did not.

You see what those things are worth now? Sorry about the OT

Last edited:
How dare you talk about cars in a Gran Turismo thread... just kidding. :sly:

For a few more of the Tokyo track, look in the "Festival du Jeu video" thread. I have a feeling we're going to have to have some net ninjas find anything more in the next five or six days, unless PD discloses any more "accidentally on purpose" tidbits. Anything big is going to take some steam from the big unveiling at TGS.

I really hope so!

"Gran Turismo 5 will be the definitive racer of this generation".

Oh, the irony and humiliation Turn 10 would suffer at such an announcement! What would they say in return? What could they say when faced with the onslaught that is Gran Turismo 5?
:nervous:

lol, If that ever happens, the Forza fanboys will come running and we'll have to repell them with a Backflipping hatchet attack:

hyppy2.jpg

Um, ok....You want a cookie?

I remember a game show on the tv where they put only the tail lights of approx 50 cars on a big board.... and a young lad had a certain amount of time in which to say which cars they belonged to. I seem to remember he got them all correct!

I agree. Snip out the photo links, it just eats up the poster's bandwidth and isn't necessary.

lol, If that ever happens, the Forza fanboys will come running and we'll have to repell them with a Backflipping hatchet attack:

Backflippinghatchetattack.jpg

Apparently the Russians have this in hand - with real hatchets not pretend ones that look like guns :dunce:

D.

Giant image, just posted
Pfft...

I'll kick them in the face with my ranger legs until they're retarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back