New Vision Gran Turismo Cars Unveiled Via GT Sport Demo

People starts to upload a lot of demo clips and I can't find the demo anywhere on Thai PS Store...no preload for us I think...

So what exactly is the Copen VGT supposed to be? Is it a rally car (I hope it has all wheel drive) or something? Regardless I hope it's fast. Being in Group X probably means either it's too fast for the other classes or it just doesn't fit into any other classes.

More VGT... this game is not GT sport... is Gran Turismo Tokyo Geneva 2.0 !
167 cars .... +100 is fantasy car.... fantasy rally mustang gr.B.... LM prototype vision... fantasy race car gr.3.... having "FIA partnership" and the various car categories are invented because there are few real models in the game and so many fantasy models running together....
This gt is a big very fail for me compared with AC & PCARS2
At least the Mercedes AMG VGT is a real car now... they built it for the movie Justice League :D 10% bigger even, but that's because Ben Affleck couldn't fit inside the original size I guess...

Looking good, liking the look of the Daihatsu and the Honda, plus those two Peugeots look fantastic. More cars the merrier, and at least these VGT's aren't too OTT with the fantasy, e.g. like the Tomahawk. I have no issue with the VGT's, as long as they don't stray too far from reality, and really it looks like the new VGT's that have appeared for GTS, have stayed relatively true to that.

Otherwise, all is looking well, just need to get that PS4 now to complete the pre-order :D.

If you have PS+ you can pre-load the demo before it's content is unlocked on the 9th, I believe this becomes available at 8am in each respective time zone in the US. It's already been live on the west coast for a couple hours now.

Thank you, I just have to wait then...

The daihatsu is my favorite. It's cute and cool, the Honda looks mostly like the drawings, and the peugeots are very cool, I like the black one better.

I wonder what powertrain the Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT has? Looks cool but I hope they do something interesting with it as otherwise it will probably be hugely overshadowed and forgotten.

Every thread a VGT is mentioned we get the same responses like "too many VGT's, PD!", as if PD solely makes them. These are Vision's from manufacturer's. Take the Lexus LC VGT, that was a vision of a Lexus LC race car... months later you get an LC race car in Super GT GT500 class. Mercedes Vision GT, they actually took inspiration from that car to make their Project One, and the car itself is now in the Justice League movie. This is not new to GT either. PD has taken concept cars and turned them into race cars in previous games. Like the Tokyo Motor show Nissan GTR concept from 2001 in Gran Turismo 4. No one is forcing the VGT's on you. If you don't like them just race the 'real' road/race cars (even though they're all digital representations).

(edit for missing word)

Last edited:
Every thread a VGT is mentioned we get the same responses like "too VGT's, PD!", as if PD solely makes them. These are Vision's from manufacturer's. Take the Lexus LC VGT, that was a vision of a Lexus LC race car... months later you get an LC race car in Super GT GT500 class. Mercedes Vision GT, they actually took inspiration from that car to make their Project One, and the car itself is now in the Justice League movie. This is not new to GT either. PD has taken concept cars and turned them into race cars in previous games. Like the Tokyo Motor show Nissan GTR concept from 2001 in Gran Turismo 4. No one is forcing the VGT's on you. If you don't like them just race the 'real' road/race cars (even though they're all digital representations).
Thank you someone finally said it.

Enough with the bloody VGT cars already PD.

What is the percentage of fantasy cars? This is becoming ridiculous.

More VGT... this game is not GT sport... is Gran Turismo Tokyo Geneva 2.0 !
167 cars .... +100 is fantasy car.... fantasy rally mustang gr.B.... LM prototype vision... fantasy race car gr.3.... having "FIA partnership" and the various car categories are invented because there are few real models in the game and so many fantasy models running together....
This gt is a big very fail for me compared with AC & PCARS2

Perhaps this game isn't for you. Try Forza 7 or Project Cars 2, they have many old classic cars in those games.

I would love this game even more if they have 90% of Vision Gran Turismo cars.

Good days for concept/vision car fans. I wish PD made GT with its previous game core - career progression, day-to-day cars, used car dealership, expanded upgrades shop. For now its worth to give a try for Forza abd stick to AC I believe

Every thread a VGT is mentioned we get the same responses like "too many VGT's, PD!", as if PD solely makes them. These are Vision's from manufacturer's
Probably because it's PD themselves who got this ball rolling and choose to do this. It's very much their say that they're in the game. I'm not a fan of concepts, but it seems to be a popular aspect for some.

Probably because it's PD themselves who got this ball rolling and choose to do this. It's very much their say that they're in the game. I'm not a fan of concepts, but it seems to be a popular aspect for some.
And I get the feeling that this is part of the 'dislike' for the project for some people.

If SMS or Turn 10 had enough clout to collaborate a project such as this with the worlds major car manufacturers, I wonder if it would be sneered at to the same level?

Perhaps this game isn't for you. Try Forza 7 or Project Cars 2, they have many old classic cars in those games.
I would love this game even more if they have 90% of Vision Gran Turismo cars.

Yes, you are right, this game is not for me, but it has been for the last 20 years. I guess that is the reason why it it hard for me to see what they are doing to this franchise. Well, who knows? Maybe things don't go so well for this VGT/online adventure and we have a proper GT six years in the future. And if that is not the case, there are good alternatives out there, like you said.

And I get the feeling that this is part of the 'dislike' for the project for some people.

If SMS or Turn 10 had enough clout to collaborate a project such as this with the worlds major car manufacturers, I wonder if it would be sneered at to the same level?
If the game had 500 cars at launch then for me it wouldn't be such a big deal. If SMS or T10 released a game with such few cars and included as many fantasy cars I would have just as much of a problem with it. I don't care for fantasy cars in the same way I don't like fantasy tracks. I don't have a problem with them being in a game where I have lots of other choice but when a game has such a limited car and track count as GTS has, then the fact that a large number of that limited choice is taken up by fantasy cars and tracks it does become a problem for me. And I would think that no matter who the developer was. I'm not shallow enough that who develops the game matters, I realise that is not the case for some.

If the game had 500 cars at launch then for me it wouldn't be such a big deal. If SMS or T10 released a game with such few cars and included as many fantasy cars I would have just as much of a problem with it. I don't care for fantasy cars in the same way I don't like fantasy tracks. I don't have a problem with them being in a game where I have lots of other choice but when a game has such a limited car and track count as GTS has, then the fact that a large number of that limited choice is taken up by fantasy cars and tracks it does become a problem for me. And I would think that no matter who the developer was. I'm not shallow enough that who develops the game matters, I realise that is not the case for some.
That's a fair call.
And I'm sure for some here this approach also applies.
But I also get the feeling it's just another thing for some others here to put the boot in to PD.

GT6 had over 1200 cars.
But of course that wasn't globally applauded.
For many, only the negatives were worth posting about.

I'm a fan of the VGT project, no mistake.
I think it's a sign of the respect and relevance that PD and the GT franchise has in the motor industry to establish such a project.
I also see many design aspects of these cars from many manufacturers being brought into fruition in their latest models.

So "fantasy", and the focus on this term, seems a little short sighted to me.
"Concept" seems a far more appropriate title.
These cars are designed by current staff of their respective companies, with a vision to future models.

And thank God one game is doing something different to all the others.
It seems some just want the same game from multiple software devs.
How damn boring that would be.

Last edited:
Yes, you are right, this game is not for me, but it has been for the last 20 years. I guess that is the reason why it it hard for me to see what they are doing to this franchise. Well, who knows? Maybe things don't go so well for this VGT/online adventure and we have a proper GT six years in the future. And if that is not the case, there are good alternatives out there, like you said.
Beliave me the career or any offline part for that matter was the main way i was playing until a made a PSN account in 2012, I found a new aspect of this game it make me rethink many things, Like i thought i was fast because i was beating the AI easy but when i raced online it turns out i was just average , & i was like what just happend? since then i met great pepole ending up be friends with them i improved very much & had great battles that push me to be better & other great memories. Point of the hole story don't drop the game just yet you can have as 2nd choice .

And thank God one game is doing something different to all the others.
It seems some just want the same game from multiple software devs.
How damn boring that would be.

I have to agree... since the GT franchise has lost its USP (not only having a huge list of cars, but also not having many competitors in that respect), the VGT program is about the only standout thing it's got going for it at this stage.

GT is several hundred cars off where I would like it to be, adding in the odd LMP-1 car, or the odd hypercar isn't really going to change that. Expanding the VGT offering at least gives me a reason to stay interested in the game - but then I like concepts.

I’m honestly not sure I’d want a rosta of 1200 cars, certainly not off the bat. Give me a solid foundation with all cars at the same ultra-high detail level and grow from there, offering me DLC that I can pick and choose from in the future.

I’m honestly not sure I’d want a rosta of 1200 cars, certainly not off the bat. Give me a solid foundation with all cars at the same ultra-high detail level and grow from there, offering me DLC that I can pick and choose from in the future.

I doubt anyone wants 1200 cars to use them all. The problem is what you consider a solid foundation is different from what someone else thinks a solid foundation could be. With 1200, the chance of more people finding that solid bunch of cars they'd use more often is exponential higher than with 170 cars.

Last edited:

Yes. PD seem to be far more immune to instances like this. Concept/fantasy cars are heavily hated on the Forza side of things. Hell you should have seen the release of the Chryslus Rocket. It seems people there prefer more road going and race vehicles.

Back