New WRC 7 Patch Released on PlayStation 4

Went straight to the wheel settings menu to see what's new and if I can finally make my Fanatec CS Handbrake work with my CSL Elite wheel. Keeps crashing before I can do anything. *sigh

Welcome patch. The Junior car (so far on tarmac) at least behaves the way you’d expect. There were some strange happenings at low speeds pre patch that made me scratch my head. G29 user.

Next they need to fix the issue with the driving view rarely defaulting to your choice at the start of stages. I have cockpit set by default, but for some reason the game wants to start me in chase cam more often than not.

Driving post patch is more fun and not a battle of wills with the car.

For what it’s worth:

Patch 1.3 is now live.

The patch notes are as follows.

- The Citroën logo has been updated.
- Wrong text alignment in the UI has been fixed.
- Helicopter pathfinding has been improved.

Today I decided to mess about with the camera settings. Found that the bumper view (not hood) with motion blur (on) really made the game come alive compared to the cockpit view I used exclusively up to this point. What a world of difference. Cockpit view felt like every input had major lag silmilar to driving a boat. Bumper view gives a vastly better sense of speed and handling. Won’t be going back to cockpit.

I also prefer the motion blur. Don’t necessarily need to see every detail of the surroundings as I’m passing over them at 140km/hr. Just my preference.

As far as FOV, tried both on and off and can’t really tell the difference.

Last edited:
Wanted to mention I finally got around to playing this with my new T300 and what a great experience. Blows the G29 away. No comparison. It’s almost as if this game was made for Thrustmaster. Highly detailed FFB settings with great flexibility in settings.

Back