newb trying to do hairpins...Help PLEEEEASE!!

• Thread starter 2enty3
  • 37 comments
so far i've drifted for 1+ weeks and i can hold decent drifts 1/3 of the time BUT...

i've only kept them on wide turns or sweeps but i really need helps on how to drift around u-turns or hairpins. i usually use a supra sz-r or the evo VI T.M.E

help PLEEEASE!!!

Are you spinning out, getting a snapback, stalling the car, what? Which tyres, how much power, is the car set up properly? Which controller are you using? Which drift technique are you using?

There are just too many variables at the moment to give you any specific help. As a very basic guideline, try getting the car loose by feinting and then power over through the turn.

i just don't know how....my cars are set to drift using drift settings which are already made

the problem i face is going into the turn to slow... i tryed higher speeds but it went all wrong

BTW does driving AT make it harder to take hairpins? :confused:

Well all start rough, unfortunantly, but we all progress and get better. I doubt over 70% of the people here could say they have made great runs in their first few weeks consistently. My advice to you:
  1. Don't start with a low powered car until you can feint properly but seeing as you're using the Supra and Evo, you've already got a good start 👍
  2. Snapbacks and other things occur due to rough oversteer or too much power, check the New Drift Settings Depot for any tuning information you may need
  3. If you are unaware of the various techniques used to help you maintain long drifts or what not check Here for the lovely drift guide that helped me LOTS

If you manage to run into any problems, more then likely, your question has been asked and answered. Use the search for little things you may get confused on or send me a PM and i'll see if i can help you find a solution :)

Hope to see some videos from you in the near future :sly:

EDIT: Try using manual as you can lock the gears in higher RPMs to keep the wheels spinning. I've never tried AT so i can't really say it's better/worse.

Yes, take up manual, it is easy to learn and will greatly help. All you have to do is feint in and then power over, like Greycap pointed out.

The biggest thing anyone will tell you, sorry to say, is practice, practice, practice.

BLITZ

Try something simple like a 240sx or follow the Drift guide made by our very own Swift and BR. Personally, I think that the supra has too much weight and trying to drift the Evo is a bit more advanced.

Posting your setup is essential if you are having a hard time preforming drifts.

i personally DO have drifting problems. I always expect one heavy tap on the braks will guarantee me success through any corner (regardless of speed), well i do slow down first. Still the problem is that my style is i shift too much weight to the front. That's why i use MRs :), plus they look nicer.

My point to this is, sometimes its not always the car, not always the settings, sometimes it maybe your style that doesn't fit front engines.

Edit: To answer to the topic itself, can't make it around a hairpin? Are your Aids off?

From my experience of AT drifting, if you leave the gears to the car 100%, yes its easier, but it isn't always perfect. Do try to use the clutch lock thing (holding L2 or R2), so your car doesnt shift up in the middle of the drift, that'll probably kill it.
I personally don't care, i can still drift without locking it in a specific gear.

Good Luck :)

throttle needs to improve that what it sounds like to me and plus you only been drifting for 1 week so what you suspect drifting takes practice.

i've been trying to do manual but for me i find it hard to know when to shift down in the game... theres no actual sound difference that tells you to shift down compared to shifting up...any tips?:)

the supra and evo are actually pretty easy cars for me.👍

Tips? Practise. In the beginning you'll get it wrong a gazillion times but after a while you'll learn what not to do, and then do something else, which is probably the right thing.

dang who made the word practice?:ouch: :grumpy:
M-W.com
Main Entry:
1prac·tice Listen to the pronunciation of 1practice
Variant(s):
also prac·tise Listen to the pronunciation of practise \ˈprak-təs\
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
prac·ticed also prac·tised; prac·tic·ing also prac·tis·ing
Etymology:
Middle English practisen, from Middle French practiser, from Medieval Latin practizare, alteration of practicare, from practica practice, noun, from Late Latin practice, from Greek praktikē, from feminine of praktikos
Date:
14th century

transitive verb1 a: carry out, apply <practice what you preach> b: to do or perform often, customarily, or habitually <practice politeness> c: to be professionally engaged in <practice medicine>2 a: to perform or work at repeatedly so as to become proficient <practice the act> b: to train by repeated exercises <practice pupils in penmanship>3obsolete : plotintransitive verb1: to do repeated exercises for proficiency2: to pursue a profession actively3archaic : intrigue4: to do something customarily5: to take advantage of someone <he practised on their credulity with huge success — Times Literary Supplement>
— prac·tic·er noun
The French did? or the latin?

i've been trying to do manual but for me i find it hard to know when to shift down in the game... theres no actual sound difference that tells you to shift down compared to shifting up...any tips?:)

the supra and evo are actually pretty easy cars for me.👍

lol shifting up is rpms going up shifting down rpms going down and so really you cant drift in manual try racing in manual and then go to drifting

you downshift when you enough revs thas all i can say my shifting technique is different and you wouldnt get it so im just trying to help on a basic level

lol shifting up is rpms going up shifting down rpms going down and so really you cant drift in manual try racing in manual and then go to drifting

you downshift when you enough revs thas all i can say my shifting technique is different and you wouldnt get it so im just trying to help on a basic level

thnxs for the help but... :( i can't understand a word u said...srry (try using periods) srry

thnxs for the help but... :( i can't understand a word u said...srry (try using periods) srry

Both of you need to work on the language barrier. I refer you to our Acceptable Use Policy:

Acceptable Use Policy
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.

besides the grammar stuff; in gt4 the sense of speed, at low speeds, is not so good for me so when i do hairpins it feels like I might as well be going 5mph but really drifting a hairpin at like 30 or 40 is really fast.

i just throw the car in with the e-brake or some feinting and hope that I don't spin out at the exit of my drift.

sorry about that,on the net talking to people don't really use periods and stuff.

Both of you need to work on the language barrier. I refer you to our Acceptable Use Policy:

What did I say wrong what no periods or lol? I know my spelling isn't that great but really I don't care if it is if thats what you complaining about.

What did I say wrong what no periods or lol ? Really I don't care.

Pity. I do.

Why bother trying to help people if no-one can understand your posts? You owe it to yourself, never mind your audience, to express yourself in as clear a manner as possible.

Oh and please don't double post either. I've just merged your two posts here. Use the green "+" in the bottom right corner of each post to select multiple posts to quote.

Pity. I do.

Why bother trying to help people if no-one can understand your posts? You owe it to yourself, never mind your audience, to express yourself in as clear a manner as possible.

Oh and please don't double post either. I've just merged your two posts here. Use the green "+" in the bottom right corner of each post to select multiple posts to quote.

I don't really owe myself or anyone really because I don't care what they understand and don't.I'm just asking a question and thanks for answering now I know try make myself a little clearer for those who don't understand.

Sorry for the double post it was an accident.

The person whose question you answered didn't understand your answer, and I don't blame them. I struggled with it myself.

So the question is why you bothered trying to answer the question if you don't care that they didn't understand the answer. You may as well have saved yourself the effort and not answered at all...

If you can't drift in manual try racing in manual to get the hang of driving in manual, once you get the hang of manual transmission then you should try drifting in manual.

Here is a link that might help you on downshifting and upshifting
http://www.10w40.com/individual/100186.asp

I can't make myself any more clear than this.

[famine I didn't mean to put my words like that I ment to say if they don't understand well they can pm me, I was kinda doing something else and typing real fast etc sorry ^^]

We all start rough, unfortunantly, but we all progress and get better. I doubt over 70% of the people here could say they have made great runs in their first few weeks consistently. My advice to you:
  1. Don't start with a low powered car until you can feint properly but seeing as you're using the Supra and Evo, you've already got a good start 👍
  2. Snapbacks and other things occur due to rough oversteer or too much power, check the New Drift Settings Depot for any tuning information you may need
  3. If you are unaware of the various techniques used to help you maintain long drifts or what not check Here for the lovely drift guide that helped me LOTS
If you manage to run into any problems, more then likely, your question has been asked and answered. Use the search for little things you may get confused on or send me a PM and i'll see if i can help you find a solution :)

Hope to see some videos from you in the near future :sly:

EDIT: Try using manual as you can lock the gears in higher RPMs to keep the wheels spinning. I've never tried AT so i can't really say it's better/worse.
💡
and to add to that. Lots and lots of practice.

well thank you i find this very helpful with my real life car as well as the game thank you very much, and i have to add something the long sweeper on the apricot hill course before the tire over the road i cant keep a drift for the full turn what am i doing wrong i use a controler for now,

If you can't drift in manual try racing in manual to get the hang of driving in manual, once you get the hang of manual transmission then you should try drifting in manual.

Here is a link that might help you on downshifting and upshifting
http://www.10w40.com/individual/100186.asp

I can't make myself any more clear than this.

[famine I didn't mean to put my words like that I ment to say if they don't understand well they can pm me, I was kinda doing something else and typing real fast etc sorry ^^]

Latest Posts

Back