Newer tuning guides

• Thread starter DarkStarl2
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
Are there any tuning guides specific to GT Sport?

It'd be nice to have some info on what everything does in regards to suspension tuning to make cars looser and tighter less oversteer or more oversteer.

I've been doing a lot of trial and error and as a lot of you may know it can be a tedious task.

I just want some good solid help sheets guidelines besides the prior old stuff we have be I feel some things are opposite than of Gran Turismos in the past.

It's ironic i've been contemplating making my own a few days ago.

I'm still testing certain tuning parameters. I want to know the increment changes required before you feel any changes in your car setup.
For example i can tell you that roll bar settings changes in GTS are not nearly as sensitive compared to Forza/PC2.
Or in general, how much camber is too much camber. This is the kind of stuff that requires trial and error.
GTS is harder for me in that aspect because you don't feel what the tires are doing until later.
Granted i use a controller so maybe that's my issue.

I'll be posting my own guide in a thread separate from my tuning setup thread over the next couple of weeks, so be on the lookout ;).

Im completely new to tuning and would be useful to understand what each element does and how it affects your car, so a 'dummys' guide would be awesome for GT Sport as I often feel overcome when in the car setup screen... :dunce:

If one already exists would be great to be pointed in the right direction

This would be a great starting point for me too, did loads of tuning in Forza back in the day, would be great to know how things work in GTS, just got the game and looking at getting into tuning.

Hey Guys I just joined this site literally minutes ago seeking the holy grail of answers regarding tuning and i am pleasantly have come across felly travellers from around the world seeking he same answers...👍:gtpflag: add me Psn; joeblazc

Hey Guys I just joined this site literally minutes ago seeking the holy grail of answers regarding tuning and i am pleasantly have come across felly travellers from around the world seeking he same answers...👍:gtpflag: add me Psn; joeblazc

When you are on gtplanet GT Sport Tuning (page 1) there are several garages there that have a lot of tunes. I've used them and they work great. It will also depend a lot on your driving type to. If you can't find them let me know and I will send you copies of the ones I have.

garystevens64

When you are on gtplanet GT Sport Tuning (page 1) there are several garages there that have a lot of tunes. I've used them and they work great.

garystevens64

It will also depend a lot on your driving type to.

garystevens64

I am interested, too, in a setup guide tutorial making me understand the correct reasons to change some values on the setup [ especially on suspension, in my case ].

You're right, I'm on the setup page and there are many "garages" here, but I noticed some differences between setups on similar cars, depending on their driving style and it's exactly what I'm looking for, to understand the setup logic better and change my car setup to fit my needs !
So, a setup guide for dummies is basically what I'm looking for !

What I might suggest is to find someone that post car tunes or car setups and ask them how they do there setups of if they give you any advice on how to setup a car. If you can find that right person who would be willing to do that. I'm not sure if you will be able to find that someone or not. Just because as you know creating a car setup isn't something that is a really simple thing to do. I tried to do the same thing you are trying to find out myself but I wasn't able to. But what I did find was someone who had a similar driving style who did post there car tunes. Let me know if I can help you anymore.

garystevens64

Thank you !
All I could do was to collect all the different setups for some car that I found in GT Planet and try all of them on the same circuit, with the very same transmision setting , to see which fit for my driving style and then I tried to figure out why !
But it's not easy, I guess those 7 settings depend in each other.
Ride height, cambers, ok, but still "blind" about the others like nat freqv, Toe, dampers, don't quite understand them...

Last edited:
I get it. I haven't been able to figure out how some of these guys do it and what a difference it makes on how the car drives. So far the only setting that I've been able to kinda of get is the trans setting and thats just because of all the setups I've watched. It just takes practice and time. Just keep on trying and ask a lot of questions. I know for me when asking for help (gtplanet) sometimes I felt kinda dumb but I've found that the people I was talking to where very helpful and if it was something that they didn't know most of the time they would tell me where I might find it. If I can be of any further help let me know and good luck.

garystevens64

When comparing GT Sport to GT6 tunes can some advise if a -ve TOE value from GT6 is In or OUT on GT Sports.

Thanks.

What i used to do is set 1 thing to extreme, see how it feels then in reverse & move to the next one! It worked but recently i've started watching YouTube videos that explain how Suspension-rebound-camper-toe, anti-roll bars work in real life & it helped me even more cause now i have an idea why & how it works & i can see myself more confident & effective in my tuning like i know exactly where to focus based on what i feel about the car! Really helped!

I just use the Apex book that came with GT5, that book is gold 👍

LINK

Jerome
That's a great source, I used it with GT6 too for a while 👍.

If you can find "Beyond the apex" (the GT6 version) it would also be very useful, as it goes into detail about natural frequencies, explains how certain parts work together and how "everything in tuning is about energy, frequency and vibration" (hence the word "tuning"):cool:👍.

With GTSport's physics/tuning being closer to that of GT6 this may offer better insight on certain parts.

There is a thread about it here....
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/beyond-the-apex-hi-res-pdf-version.315314/

Not sure if the link still works but it won't on my phone :ouch:. (If not I may still have the pdf on my old laptop somewhere.)

When comparing GT Sport to GT6 tunes can some advise if a -ve TOE value from GT6 is In or OUT on GT Sports.

Thanks.

So far what I've learned is that toe in/out with FF cars in GT6 seems to apply to GT Sport. LSD on all accounts is different. I do find that Sport is more sensitive to changes than GT6 was. But I'm a not great at tuning so what do I know :dunce: Praiano has a you tube channel ( doesn't everyone know this by now? ) for his tunes, which helps me to understand, somewhat, what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pfvdl3eCtJTx9g6ZNX3Cw

Back