Next BMW 6-Series

GTjazzabrandy

(Banned)
Autoblog Video

bmw6spyvid.jpg

Looks like the bangle butt is gone....

I for one really liked the Bangle-style as it produced the best looking BMW's for years in my opinion.
Sure it was controversial and revolutionary rather than the more evolutionary approach BMW had before and it isn't to anyone's liking, but then again nothing really good ever is.
Liked the Bangle 7-series before the facelift, the 5-series is the best-looking Beemer for years IMO especially as M5 and i even liked the 1-series ( only the 5-door hatchback version though, especially the rear three-quarter view ).
The 6-series didn't convince me when i saw the first pictures but it looks great IRL, and although the 3-series looked a bit dull, the M3 version somehow looks great.
There were some ugly ducklings, especially the smaller SUV's and the 3-door and coupe versions of the 1-series but overal i was pleased with the brave direction he took this brand.
Now he's gone and almost immediately they go back to the old and slightly dull and conservative look of before ( meaning most of the nineties ) as though nothing's happened.

That's almost what I thought, myself...but it's just the camo, I'm sure.

The current 5-series has me missing Bangle. This makes me miss more. Personally, his only "miss" for me was the original 7-series. When he got to blend the bumper and the rest of the fascia together, it was brilliant.

I think Bangle leaving was a pretty good direction for the brand, though. I'm more of a fan of simpler, more conservative styling that all seems to work well to everyone's eyes than something over the top that might look good but has something for everybody to dislike. Very few people can pull off a true automotive work of art, so not everybody has to try.

So I'm a bit relieved to see that they've taken a step back from the current 6-series, which I think is one of the ugliest cars on the road.

I don't know I really liked the bangle butt.

I just hope they fix the kidney grille the current 6er looks like it has a mustache.

Looks WAY too conservative and dull. I’ll take the current generation 6-series, thanks.

So I'm a bit relieved to see that they've taken a step back from the current 6-series, which I think is one of the ugliest cars on the road.

I thought the same thing until I started seeing them on the road occasionally, and now these days, the 6-series is one of my (secret) favorite cars out there. I'll agree that it isn't an overall good looking car, but I like the way it works.

I think Bangle leaving was a pretty good direction for the brand, though. I'm more of a fan of simpler, more conservative styling that all seems to work well to everyone's eyes than something over the top that might look good but has something for everybody to dislike. Very few people can pull off a true automotive work of art, so not everybody has to try.

Chris Bangle was always someone I respected because he kept to his design initiative. Sure, his "flame surfaces" and the "Bangle butt" were controversial to some degree but what does controversy do? It garners attention; he knew what he was doing from the get-go. He set out to change and/or impact automotive design by being distinctive, and I'll always respect him, and the next person who comes along who's ballsy enough to do the same.

I'm pretty sure this one is going to be a very good looking car. The fact that I like the way BMW is going now.

To be honest, I really miss Bangle. The 6er E63 is just unique and really different from others. Sure some don't like the ''Bangle Butt'' and stuff but that attracts attention of others to BMW. The large kidney grill is also my favourite too...

Mhm.. I have a latest spy shot and the rendering of the 6er coupe. The design is very much resemble the Gran Coupe Concept that was unveiled a couple of month ago.

2012-bmw-6-series-convertible-spy-shots_100313409_l.jpg

BMW-6-Series-Theo-2-Large.jpg

And also the first spy shot and rendering of the M6.

07-bmw-m6-spy-june-carpix.jpg

1f12m6blue.jpg

Wouldn't that technically be the fourth generation (if it were another 6)?

The 8-Series seems like a bad idea to me. It's not like people are rushing out to buy the big Bimmer coupes as is — how would moving up a class help? I'm guessing it'll make an ideal base for the M6 GT3's replacement, though...

Back