Next Forza Motorsport Game Revealed, Apparently Isn't Called Forza Motorsport 8

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 8' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 23, 2020.

1. ShawnPhillips

ShawnPhillips

The Devs confirmed they are working to increase the Garage limit for the next update, Which though a nice thing to have it isn't really necessary unless the plans are to eventually have more cars in the game then the current 750 car garage limit. So hopefully that means FH4 is getting several more months of updates pushing the car count past the 750 mark (currently 711 including the Owen's P1).

2. ClydeYellow

ClydeYellow

One thing does not negate the other. They could have had a very early, very rough playable build by December, but implementing all their planned features and content may take a long while.

For reference, the first public pre-alpha build of Project CARS came out, IIRC, in May 2012; the finished game hit the shelves three years later, in 2015.

3. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Fair enough. :tup:

4. RadishTM

RadishTM

That's a shame. I do however prefer FM6's soundtrack over FM7 (not sure what Turn10 were thinking there...) - hopefully they will do it justice for the older fans of the franchise.

Agreed, gave a sense of realism on a racing circuit. Was quite disappointed when GT Sport went down that route with fictional brands/sponsors on some real world circuits. Brand licensing is not what it used to be... Maybe it was easier back then when it came to the games being niche and bigger budgets.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2020 at 11:32 AM
    LumpiestFish likes this.
  5. Apple Slipper

Apple Slipper

Didn't Forza Motorsport 1 had a rock-themed OST? I think Forza Motorsport 7 went for that style.

6. TomBrady

TomBrady

I highly disagree with that. As has been explained before, TFLOPs are not an ultimate measure of performance which has been the case literally for years in graphics cards.

However, even if we ignore that fact, the Xbox One X had a MUCH larger specs advantage over PS4 Pro than anyone could ever argue is between seXbox and PS Quintuple (shoutout to Chad Warden), yet GT Sport still looked significantly better so in my opinion, it absolutely should be a surprise if Forza ends up looking better than GT7. This is also why I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

Frankly, it's not about specs anymore. I don't think there's ever been 2 rival consoles that were closer specs wise. The gaps between PS4 and Xbox One (or Pro/1X) were massive compared to these 2. Since that's the case, it's really about the talent of the developers at this point and the budget they have to work with.

7. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Good thing T10 and PD are both highly competent developers that churn out some pretty nice looking games. Although, with this generation I think power will be pretty useful too, especially with how we've been pretty stagnate with progress with racing games of these types. All those sacrifices and compromises that both had to make in the past will likely be non existent now.

GregDrou and turk1993 like this.
  8. turk1993

turk1993

"GT Sport still looked significantly better" in game? Hell no, not even close. In fact GTS was inferior in more ways than you think. The only parts where GTS was actually better are lighting, PBR and trees (most of the time not always), other than that things like shadows, reflections, textures, grass, car models, environment details and draw distance are much much higher quality in game in Forza Motorsport 7 than any GT so far so i don't see how its looks significantly better. And on consoles one runs native 4k60 without a drop with dynamic weather and half dynamic tod while to other one runs 1800p CB with 95% 60fps with locked tod and weather (wich is pushing more than 50% more pixels). As someone who plays them both back to back i can see big differences in visuals and cuts from both. And i play them both on there strongest platform (PS4 Pro and PC). And look what PG could do with the engine in FH4, it destroys every other racing game so far visualy speaking so the engine is icredibly capable and they are pushing it even further now with ray tracing.

GregDrou and BoneSawTX like this.
  9. SimTourist

SimTourist

The difference is Forza 7 still had to run at 1080p 60 fps on base Xbox One, both GT Sport and Forza 7 were developed with base specs in mind and most of optimization effort went there. Yeah Xbox X bumped it up to full 4k and slightly better settings here and there, but it's the same game. OG Xbox One wouldn't be able to run GT Sport at the same quality as PS 4, most likely they would have to set it at 900p and dial down some of the settings. We'll see if Lockhart throws a wrench into the situation. So far the "gameplay" shots from Forza 8 show no signs of Raytracing for example. We're already seeing a big difference in shader and lighting quality between Garage sequences and On track shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The difference is as large as between Scapes and gameplay in GT. When you throw 4k 60 fps, massive tracks, 24 opponents, detailed foliage, dynamic time and weather into the mix and I don't believe for a second that either console will have raytracing in actual on track gameplay.

10. turk1993

turk1993

First off you are comparing 2 images with completely different angle, distance and lighting and than you make this bold claim "The difference is as large as between Scapes and gameplay in GT". GTS scape mode use 3 lods higher lod than the gameplay model and enhances the shadows, textures, tesselation and reflections while even in Forza 7 the Forzavista mode is using 1 lod higher wich the only difference between gameplay lod is the engine details and even then the shadows are lower resolution in Forzavista. And BTW Forza Motorsport 7 already does 4K 60 with massive tracks and 24 cars with weather on XBX. With the power of XSX i expect them to enhance the graphics with ray tracing and have fully dynamic tod and weather. And back to point one, here are examples of that "gameplay part where you didn't see ray tracing"

Look at the inner side of the wing you can see self reflections (the green white are all reflections of the body because the wing itself is just carbon inside, its got even dirt etc)
    [​IMG]
    and here its reflecting a little different from different angle
    [​IMG]

Here you can also see it very clearly, look at the reflection on the side window you can see the wing reflecting in it and you even see a part of the body (you can also see the wing is just black in the inner part wich proves the images here above)
    [​IMG]
    again the same from little different angle and the same on the other window
    [​IMG]