Next Forza Motorsport Game Revealed, Apparently Isn't Called Forza Motorsport 8

I thought I read once that PG would be treating FH4 similar to recent news about this FM title in that they wanted to keep updating it long term. If that's the case, the game only turns 2 next month (which is the age Motorsport 7 was at when they finally moved on) & if a long term support system is the plan, I could see them making Horizon push forth another year or so.
The Devs confirmed they are working to increase the Garage limit for the next update, Which though a nice thing to have it isn't really necessary unless the plans are to eventually have more cars in the game then the current 750 car garage limit. So hopefully that means FH4 is getting several more months of updates pushing the car count past the 750 mark (currently 711 including the Owen's P1).

Yeah, I'm not sure how the game is in early development, either. The articles on the site back in Aug 2019 said from Esaki, that they entered the second sprint where they talk about their development plan. In Dec. 2019, Esaki said they took part in the first play test. Before Covid, there was an article discussing that we may catch our first glimpse of the game showing off some new tech. Now near a year later after that initial August article discussing said second sprint, we're still in early development?

One thing does not negate the other. They could have had a very early, very rough playable build by December, but implementing all their planned features and content may take a long while.

For reference, the first public pre-alpha build of Project CARS came out, IIRC, in May 2012; the finished game hit the shelves three years later, in 2015.

One thing does not negate the other. They could have had a very early, very rough playable build by December, but implementing all their planned features and content may take a long while.

For reference, the first public pre-alpha build of Project CARS came out, IIRC, in May 2012; the finished game hit the shelves three years later, in 2015.
Fair enough. 👍

It's confirmed that Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen are returning to compose the OST for Forza Motorsport. They're possibly going back to the FM6-style music.

That's a shame. I do however prefer FM6's soundtrack over FM7 (not sure what Turn10 were thinking there...) - hopefully they will do it justice for the older fans of the franchise.

There’s been a few fictional brands in the FM franchise since FM6, this is one of them. While some people don’t care in the slightest, it’s a shame there aren’t as many real world brands featured in racing games anymore. Most tracks in FM7 just have Forza, Xbox or Microsoft branding, apart from when they’ve kept the tracks original signage. Even GTs tracks now feature many fictional brands. A very small thing to some, but the real world brands add some legitimacy to it for me personally.

Agreed, gave a sense of realism on a racing circuit. Was quite disappointed when GT Sport went down that route with fictional brands/sponsors on some real world circuits. Brand licensing is not what it used to be... Maybe it was easier back then when it came to the games being niche and bigger budgets.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a shame. I do however prefer FM6's soundtrack over FM7 (not sure what Turn10 were thinking there...) - hopefully they will do it justice for the older fans of the franchise.
Didn't Forza Motorsport 1 had a rock-themed OST? I think Forza Motorsport 7 went for that style.

It's way too early to say anything when both games are more than a year away, if not several years. Although it shouldn't be a surprise if Forza ends up looking better, remember that T10 has 2 TFlops more to work with, and both are likely targeting the same resolution/framerate. So this time they have an advantage, just like PD had the advantage of PS3/4 being more powerful than the Xbox consoles.

I highly disagree with that. As has been explained before, TFLOPs are not an ultimate measure of performance which has been the case literally for years in graphics cards.

However, even if we ignore that fact, the Xbox One X had a MUCH larger specs advantage over PS4 Pro than anyone could ever argue is between seXbox and PS Quintuple (shoutout to Chad Warden), yet GT Sport still looked significantly better so in my opinion, it absolutely should be a surprise if Forza ends up looking better than GT7. This is also why I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

Frankly, it's not about specs anymore. I don't think there's ever been 2 rival consoles that were closer specs wise. The gaps between PS4 and Xbox One (or Pro/1X) were massive compared to these 2. Since that's the case, it's really about the talent of the developers at this point and the budget they have to work with.

Frankly, it's not about specs anymore. I don't think there's ever been 2 rival consoles that were closer specs wise. The gaps between PS4 and Xbox One (or Pro/1X) were massive compared to these 2. Since that's the case, it's really about the talent of the developers at this point and the budget they have to work with.
Good thing T10 and PD are both highly competent developers that churn out some pretty nice looking games. Although, with this generation I think power will be pretty useful too, especially with how we've been pretty stagnate with progress with racing games of these types. All those sacrifices and compromises that both had to make in the past will likely be non existent now.

I highly disagree with that. As has been explained before, TFLOPs are not an ultimate measure of performance which has been the case literally for years in graphics cards.

However, even if we ignore that fact, the Xbox One X had a MUCH larger specs advantage over PS4 Pro than anyone could ever argue is between seXbox and PS Quintuple (shoutout to Chad Warden), yet GT Sport still looked significantly better so in my opinion, it absolutely should be a surprise if Forza ends up looking better than GT7. This is also why I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

"GT Sport still looked significantly better" in game? Hell no, not even close. In fact GTS was inferior in more ways than you think. The only parts where GTS was actually better are lighting, PBR and trees (most of the time not always), other than that things like shadows, reflections, textures, grass, car models, environment details and draw distance are much much higher quality in game in Forza Motorsport 7 than any GT so far so i don't see how its looks significantly better. And on consoles one runs native 4k60 without a drop with dynamic weather and half dynamic tod while to other one runs 1800p CB with 95% 60fps with locked tod and weather (wich is pushing more than 50% more pixels). As someone who plays them both back to back i can see big differences in visuals and cuts from both. And i play them both on there strongest platform (PS4 Pro and PC). And look what PG could do with the engine in FH4, it destroys every other racing game so far visualy speaking so the engine is icredibly capable and they are pushing it even further now with ray tracing.

With the game going back to it's roots, it would be great if Lance Hayes came back for the soundtrack.

The difference is Forza 7 still had to run at 1080p 60 fps on base Xbox One, both GT Sport and Forza 7 were developed with base specs in mind and most of optimization effort went there. Yeah Xbox X bumped it up to full 4k and slightly better settings here and there, but it's the same game. OG Xbox One wouldn't be able to run GT Sport at the same quality as PS 4, most likely they would have to set it at 900p and dial down some of the settings. We'll see if Lockhart throws a wrench into the situation. So far the "gameplay" shots from Forza 8 show no signs of Raytracing for example. We're already seeing a big difference in shader and lighting quality between Garage sequences and On track shots.
50144387628_b7c0843037_o.png

50144389478_1ef262bb2c_o.png

The difference is as large as between Scapes and gameplay in GT. When you throw 4k 60 fps, massive tracks, 24 opponents, detailed foliage, dynamic time and weather into the mix and I don't believe for a second that either console will have raytracing in actual on track gameplay.

The difference is Forza 7 still had to run at 1080p 60 fps on base Xbox One, both GT Sport and Forza 7 were developed with base specs in mind and most of optimization effort went there. Yeah Xbox X bumped it up to full 4k and slightly better settings here and there, but it's the same game. OG Xbox One wouldn't be able to run GT Sport at the same quality as PS 4, most likely they would have to set it at 900p and dial down some of the settings. We'll see if Lockhart throws a wrench into the situation. So far the "gameplay" shots from Forza 8 show no signs of Raytracing for example. We're already seeing a big difference in shader and lighting quality between Garage sequences and On track shots.
50144387628_b7c0843037_o.png

50144389478_1ef262bb2c_o.png

The difference is as large as between Scapes and gameplay in GT. When you throw 4k 60 fps, massive tracks, 24 opponents, detailed foliage, dynamic time and weather into the mix and I don't believe for a second that either console will have raytracing in actual on track gameplay.
First off you are comparing 2 images with completely different angle, distance and lighting and than you make this bold claim "The difference is as large as between Scapes and gameplay in GT". GTS scape mode use 3 lods higher lod than the gameplay model and enhances the shadows, textures, tesselation and reflections while even in Forza 7 the Forzavista mode is using 1 lod higher wich the only difference between gameplay lod is the engine details and even then the shadows are lower resolution in Forzavista. And BTW Forza Motorsport 7 already does 4K 60 with massive tracks and 24 cars with weather on XBX. With the power of XSX i expect them to enhance the graphics with ray tracing and have fully dynamic tod and weather. And back to point one, here are examples of that "gameplay part where you didn't see ray tracing"

Look at the inner side of the wing you can see self reflections (the green white are all reflections of the body because the wing itself is just carbon inside, its got even dirt etc)
GZEn5ST.jpg

and here its reflecting a little different from different angle
gveHcUd.jpg

Here you can also see it very clearly, look at the reflection on the side window you can see the wing reflecting in it and you even see a part of the body (you can also see the wing is just black in the inner part wich proves the images here above)
MwIUiVa.jpg

again the same from little different angle and the same on the other window
FinYwJd.jpg

You guys know none of that is gameplay footage right?

Once we've seen gameplay we can properly assess the visuals, but for now assuming what Forza 7 will look like in game based on what we've seen we can't make any judgement.

As for which visuals look best, the in garage sequence does, that's clear as day. Not that the on track clip looks bad, but it's not gameplay and there's no guarentee that it's representative of gameplay either. I'm not seeing clear examples of RTR, reflections does not = RTR (we've had those in games for years).

That's not to say RTR is not present, but it's not clear it's present in the on track segment either. I don't think it's possible to analyse with enough clarity from the pictures and brief footage we have with enough certaintly. It's certainly not as clear as the garage section and that could be becuase the angles and speed the cars move past are too far from ideal for it to be clear, or it could be becuase RTR isn't present.

Either way it's kind of moot because we haven't seen any gameplay footage yet only in-engine rendering which doesn't tell us anything.

Last edited:
That's not to say RTR is not present, but it's not clear it's present in the on track segment either. I don't think it's possible to analyse with enough clarity from the pictures and brief footage we have with enough certaintly.

Not to mention, the on-track segment seems to be set at around midday, which is making their work (if they are rendering in real time with the revised engine) so much easier... But the results so much less impressive.

First off you are comparing 2 images with completely different angle, distance and lighting and than you make this bold claim "The difference is as large as between Scapes and gameplay in GT". GTS scape mode use 3 lods higher lod than the gameplay model and enhances the shadows, textures, tesselation and reflections while even in Forza 7 the Forzavista mode is using 1 lod higher wich the only difference between gameplay lod is the engine details and even then the shadows are lower resolution in Forzavista. And BTW Forza Motorsport 7 already does 4K 60 with massive tracks and 24 cars with weather on XBX. With the power of XSX i expect them to enhance the graphics with ray tracing and have fully dynamic tod and weather. And back to point one, here are examples of that "gameplay part where you didn't see ray tracing"

Look at the inner side of the wing you can see self reflections (the green white are all reflections of the body because the wing itself is just carbon inside, its got even dirt etc)
GZEn5ST.jpg

and here its reflecting a little different from different angle
gveHcUd.jpg

Here you can also see it very clearly, look at the reflection on the side window you can see the wing reflecting in it and you even see a part of the body (you can also see the wing is just black in the inner part wich proves the images here above)
MwIUiVa.jpg

again the same from little different angle and the same on the other window
FinYwJd.jpg
This is just an "in engine" 30fps trailer, i don't think we should take it as rappresentative of the final game

This is just an "in engine" 30fps trailer, i don't think we should take it as rappresentative of the final game
I know but i was just pointing out to Simtourist that there was ray tracing in those parts of the video. Thats why i put the "the gameplay" part in "" because i know that its not gameplay. But the game gonna look close to that or even better regardless, the Forza engine got such a huge upgrades over time that what i saw in the trailer was believable and should be easily achievable. And don't forget, the base hardware for this game is not Xbox one but the Series X. This will be one of the true next gen games with no slwo hardware holding it back. But to keep it short yes its not gameplay or even running on Series X. Just a engine showcase and what they whant to achieve.

But to keep it short yes its not gameplay or even running on Series X. Just a engine showcase and what they want to achieve.
That's like using a game engine to create an animated film (an example would be that Disney Plus Star Wars show using Unreal Engine 4). If it were running on either the Series X or PC it should say "all in-game 4K (or whatever the highest possible graphics setting is) footage". Besides the Xbox Series X, they are also developing this on PC, with Windows 10 in mind.

The last three full-scale Forza titles before this (Horizon 3, Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4) were built on PC using Windows 10, alongside them being destined on Xbox One.

It makes sense though, given that this is just an extremely short teaser (created and filmed with Forza-tech) that gives us a glimpse on what this next Forza would look like, but there's no telling if it'll look like this in the final game. Although I am hopeful with the more realistic lighting effects and ray-tracing, however, in which they are decent enough, gameplay-wise.

The thing is Turn 10 constantly delivers, unlike Polyphonhy. The latter obviously are all buzz speaks, but the former rarely fails, they usually deliver, Forza doesn't have many fans or be crowned without a good reason.

Well, the trailer showing only a few, it's understandable to be disappointed, don't understand why people are bashing though.

PD is always inferior compared to Turn 10 in any areas. So this is expected.

Turn 10 constantly delivers? So is that why it took them like 15 or so months to add ghosted backmarkers and timed gaps to FM7? Also funny you say PD is always inferior when FM7 despite having the name Motorsport lacks in motorsport features compared to GT Sport. It is a motorsport game and yet strategy is non existent in FM7. If they are so superior to Polyphony, then why did it take Turn 10 until FM7 to add dynamic weather? FM7 doesn’t even have dynamic time which GT6 had back in 2013. Stop being a Turn 10 fanboy so hard. GT Sport has a much better multiplayer experience than FM7 because GT Sport actually has matchmaking. I am not defending Polyphony for all their issues but considering how FM7 launched in such a ***** state and it took them literally more than a year to add time gaps (arguably one of the most important features in a racing game), you cannot say Turn 10 are better in every way. If Turn 10 rarely fails, then why does Forza Motorsport not come close to GT sales then?

While I don't outright agree with the poster in general, there are some things I wanted to note:

If they are so superior to Polyphony, then why did it take Turn 10 until FM7 to add dynamic weather? FM7 doesn’t even have dynamic time which GT6 had back in 2013.
It may have taken them time to get it in, but at the same time PD literally took it out. So how is that a plus? GT6 is an old game, lets compare what's out now to what's out now. Not things that they used to do that they just don't anymore.

Stop being a Turn 10 fanboy so hard.
You're really not coming off any better using that last comment I just pointed out. Don't let the odd post drag you down to the same level.

I am not defending Polyphony for all their issues
You actually quite literally doing exactly that.

I am not defending Polyphony for all their issues but considering how FM7 launched in such a ***** state
It definitely had it's issues, but I don't really think it was outright "******." Just like PD, they both had their hurdles to overcome.

you cannot say Turn 10 are better in every way. If Turn 10 rarely fails, then why does Forza Motorsport not come close to GT sales then?
Sales don't make a game better than another game. They both apparently sell in the millions. If sales is the outright factor to determine what is the best, then the Toyota Corolla is the best car in the world, far better than anything ever because of how much it sells outright.*

*I always see this brought up, and its actually a fairly good point.

All in all, you're not outright wrong, but you're stooping as low as the person you're posting against.

They should do away with the whole ‘racing avatar’ thing, and instead just make it about the helmets. A racing driver’s real personal signature appearance comes from their helmet design, so it should be like that for the next Forza. Let us fully create our own helmet design in the livery creator, and the personalised helmet design be each players’ ‘signature’ in the waiting lobbies and in the cars. Far better and far more individual than the stupid clown suits. Can already see people making countless replicas of famous helmet designs that you can download off the storefront.

Sorry child, but they actually both have their strengths. Even if there was other options, I would still likely play them both, just like I always have before.
I was mostly joking, but let’s be real. The reason people play GT is because it’s the best car collector sim on Playstation, and the reason people play FM is because it’s the best car collector sim on Xbox. If better options came along, people would drop GT and FM instantly. Just like with any other game. Only people who’d stay are rabid fanboy loyalists, but we only have to look at the deaths of games like PGR and Enthusia to see what little weight they hold in the grand scheme of game sales.

They should do away with the whole ‘racing avatar’ thing, and instead just make it about the helmets. A racing driver’s real personal signature appearance comes from their helmet design, so it should be like that for the next Forza. Let us fully create our own helmet design in the livery creator, and the personalised helmet design be each players’ ‘signature’ in the waiting lobbies and in the cars. Far better and far more individual than the stupid clown suits. Can already see people making countless replicas of famous helmet designs that you can download off the storefront.

Granted I agree that the goofy stuff like clown suits need to go away, I really don't see a problem with being able to customize your avatar. Having that option just makes it more appealing to those who like to customize everything and I'd imagine it comes in handy for leagues that utilize teams as well.

The reason people play GT is because it’s the best car collector sim on Playstation, and the reason people play FM is because it’s the best car collector sim on Xbox. If better options came along, people would drop GT and FM instantly.

I'm on PC and despite having considerably more options I still played FM7 quite a bit despite it's flaws and no doubt would also play GT alot if it was on PC. Games are an art form, and like any form of art just because you aren't the "best" doesn't mean you don't bring anything to the table worth experiencing.

Granted I agree that the goofy stuff like clown suits need to go away, I really don't see a problem with being able to customize your avatar. Having that option just makes it more appealing to those who like to customize everything and I'd imagine it comes in handy for leagues that utilize teams as well.

I'm on PC and despite having considerably more options I still played FM7 quite a bit despite it's flaws and no doubt would also play GT alot if it was on PC. Games are an art form, and like any form of art just because you aren't the "best" doesn't mean you don't bring anything to the table worth experiencing.
There are no equivalents to FM on PC, at least not without mods. Assetto Corsa with a Wangan mod and 6 pre-modded Japanese sports cars doesn’t really compare to 300+ individual models of 70s-90s sports cars each with the ability to upgrade and tune them as you wish.

people want the best art available. That’s why the Mona Lisa is priceless, but photocopies of it can be had for less than £20. Unless a game brings something legitimately unique that sets it apart from its competitors, the vast majority of people are going to buy the competitor with better graphics/more features/more cars/better polish/better physics. That’s why everyone knows Mortal Kombat but nobody remembers the countless cheap MK knockoffs that popped up to try and cash in on the craze.

There are no equivalents to FM on PC, at least not without mods. Assetto Corsa with a Wangan mod and 6 pre-modded Japanese sports cars doesn’t really compare to 300+ individual models of 70s-90s sports cars each with the ability to upgrade and tune them as you wish.

There are plenty of options when it comes to simply getting on the track and racing though.

people want the best art available. That’s why the Mona Lisa is priceless, but photocopies of it can be had for less than £20.

If anything that analogy supports my side as there are paintings that are not the Mona Lisa yet are still well respected. For it to work in your favor every painter would have had to just thrown down their brushes since that 1 painting is the "best".

That’s why everyone knows Mortal Kombat but nobody remembers the countless cheap MK knockoffs that popped up to try and cash in on the craze.

No, but they obviously do remember Street Fighter, Soul Caliber and Tekken as all 3 of those have been around about as long as MK and continue to have success.

Again, people that like a form of art usually enjoy experiencing multiple interpretations of said artform. Only a handful of diehards will stick to one interpretation.

There are plenty of options when it comes to simply getting on the track and racing though.

If anything that analogy supports my side as there are paintings that are not the Mona Lisa yet are still well respected. For it to work in your favor every painter would have had to just thrown down their brushes since that 1 painting is the "best".

No, but they obviously do remember Street Fighter, Soul Caliber and Tekken as all 3 of those have been around about as long as MK and continue to have success.

Again, people that like a form of art usually enjoy experiencing multiple interpretations of said artform. Only a handful of diehards will stick to one interpretation.
But none are car collector sims. The last games that tried all got beat out of the market because FM and GT were simply better at it.

yes, but nobody’s paying 6 figures for 10-year-old Tommy’s grade 5 art project, now are they.

because all of those games made a note to differentiate themselves from MK’s style. You’re not helping your case.

they enjoy experiencing good* interpretations. That’s why you can’t go to your local EB Games and buy Project Gotham 8.

The last games that tried all got beat out of the market because FM and GT were simply better at it.

I was under the impression they were both terrible though? :confused:

yes, but nobody’s paying 6 figures for 10-year-old Tommy’s grade 5 art project, now are they.

Nope, but they are for other paintings that aren't the Mona Lisa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_paintings

because all of those games made a note to differentiate themselves from MK’s style.

Moving the goalposts this early on eh?

Never a good sign.

You’re not helping your case.

How is the fact people enjoy multiple interpretations an art form not helping my claim that people enjoy multiple interpretations of an art form? :confused:

I was under the impression they were both terrible though? :confused:

Nope, but they are for other paintings that aren't the Mona Lisa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_paintings

Moving the goalposts this early on eh?

Never a good sign.

How is the fact people enjoy multiple interpretations an art form not helping my claim that people enjoy multiple interpretations of an art form? :confused:
You can be bad at something and still be better than everyone else. The 1886 Benz Motorwagen was a terrible bit of transportation, but still a dramatic improvement over the competition.

and none are trying to compete with the Mona Lisa. None of them are ‘Mona Lisa, except in a blue dress’. Wonder why

I didn’t move the goalposts, do you even know what that means? My point was no MK knockoffs are still around. None of the games you listed are MK knockoffs.

because you haven’t listed any games that follow the same spirit as GT and FM. All you did was draw attention to the fact that every game that TRIED to copy their formula all died out over a decade ago.

I was mostly joking, but let’s be real. The reason people play GT is because it’s the best car collector sim on Playstation, and the reason people play FM is because it’s the best car collector sim on Xbox. If better options came along, people would drop GT and FM instantly. Just like with any other game. Only people who’d stay are rabid fanboy loyalists, but we only have to look at the deaths of games like PGR and Enthusia to see what little weight they hold in the grand scheme of game sales.
I don’t play it because it’s a car collector sim. Nor do you get to decide what other people play it. I play it because it’s a track-based racer, it just happens to have a lot of cars. I also play other track based racers that have fewer cars. Car count, outright, doesn’t change how I’m playing a game. There are other options for me to choose and I still haven’t dropped Forza or GT.
That those games died out didn’t make them bad games, nor does it mean I can’t play them anymore.

That’s why everyone knows Mortal Kombat but nobody remembers the countless cheap MK knockoffs that popped up to try and cash in on the craze.
I enjoy quite a bit different fighting games, actually. MK is not the top for me, whatsoever.

But none are car collector sims. The last games that tried all got beat out of the market because FM and GT were simply better at it.
No, but Forza isn’t in a genre called car collecting. It’s a racing game. A track-based one at that. That it happens to have a large amount of cars doesn’t change that. That you only play to collect cars doesn’t change that. To collect the cars you have to race on the track, and Forza or GT are not the only games that do that.

I didn’t move the goalposts, do you even know what that means? My point was no MK knockoffs are still around. None of the games you listed are MK knockoffs.
Yes, you basically are. Why not just talk about fighting games in general. Why are you trying to be so specific? What is a MK knock off anyway?

because you haven’t listed any games that follow the same spirit as GT and FM. All you did was draw attention to the fact that every game that TRIED to copy their formula all died out over a decade ago.
You’re not aware of any track-based racers? No wonder you’re arguing the point.

I don’t play it because it’s a car collector sim. Nor do you get to decide what other people play it. I play it because it’s a track-based racer, it just happens to have a lot of cars. I also play other track based racers that have fewer cars. Car count, outright, doesn’t change how I’m playing a game. There are other options for me to choose and I still haven’t dropped Forza or GT.
That those games died out didn’t make them bad games, nor does it mean I can’t play them anymore.

I enjoy quite a bit different fighting games, actually. MK is not the top for me, whatsoever.

No, but Forza isn’t in a genre called car collecting. It’s a racing game. A track-based one at that. That it happens to have a large amount of cars doesn’t change that. That you only play to collect cars doesn’t change that. To collect the cars you have to race on the track, and Forza or GT are not the only games that do that.

Yes, you basically are. Why not just talk about fighting games in general. Why are you trying to be so specific? What is a MK knock off anyway?

You’re not aware of any track-based racers? No wonder you’re arguing the point.
Congrats, today you just learned anecdotes aren’t evidence. There are people out there who think ET is the best video game, doesn’t mean it is.

While I don't outright agree with the poster in general, there are some things I wanted to note:

It may have taken them time to get it in, but at the same time PD literally took it out. So how is that a plus? GT6 is an old game, lets compare what's out now to what's out now. Not things that they used to do that they just don't anymore.

You're really not coming off any better using that last comment I just pointed out. Don't let the odd post drag you down to the same level.

You actually quite literally doing exactly that.

It definitely had it's issues, but I don't really think it was outright "******." Just like PD, they both had their hurdles to overcome.

Sales don't make a game better than another game. They both apparently sell in the millions. If sales is the outright factor to determine what is the best, then the Toyota Corolla is the best car in the world, far better than anything ever because of how much it sells outright.*

*I always see this brought up, and its actually a fairly good point.

All in all, you're not outright wrong, but you're stooping as low as the person you're posting against.

The car sales example is a really bad one. Does every car in the world cost about the same? Does a Toyota Corolla cost about the same as a Ferrari? Games cost about the same on the other hand. So sales do tell you a lot about which game is good or not. Most people in the world would just not be able to afford a Ferrari whereas buying a Corolla is much much easier. Please use a better example than cars. I agree Polyphony messed up big time with removing dynamic weather and a lot of other features which were present in GT6 as it is something I cannot understand. Turn 10 did a similar thing with the penalty system because there was one in FM4 but again removed for FM5 and it has taken them until FM7 to add it back. I never defended Polyphony. I was trying to make the point that Turn 10 are not better in every way like the person suggested than Polyphony. If Turn 10 were better in every way then Forza Motorsport would have kept getting better after FM4 and not declined instead. Same with Polyphony. GT has declined since GT4. Did I ever say Polyphony are superior to Turn 10? No I never did. Again I was making the point that Turn 10 are not better than Polyphony in every way possible.

I'd argue that Killer Instinct started as a MK knockoff and it's still around. It's still remarkably popular despite the last version being released in like 2013 (*cough*rollbacknetcode4eva*cough*).

Back