Next patch... What do you think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rossellini
  • 87 comments
  • 6,851 views
Ummm, you're wrong buddy!...you telling me that a 14" brake rotor with 4-6 puck calipers are not going to stop a car faster than a 10" brake rotor with a 1-2 puck calipers (same tires)? you obviously don't know too much and might want to do some reading before you make statements like you know what you're talking about..

Well "buddy" I think it is you who's wrong. Most modern brakes won't stop a car any faster than upgraded brakes on the first stop - it's simple. If you can lock the brakes then it's impossible for them to perform more effectively than that.

What brake upgrades does is allow the brakes to be more effective on successive stops, but GT5 doesn't model brake fade (that's what really needs to be addressed) so brake upgrades are pointless.
 
Manually adjust AI to suit my skill level in arcade or at least practice mode so I can get a good close race.

Choose cars to race against.

Hood view.
 
Mechanical damage and i want them to fix the jagged shadows.
 
next patch, No new cars, No new parts, No new track's, No track editor update (to allow point to point track's) just take a look at the game and what we got after all those years, don't expect miracles in a month.
 
I would like to have :
- time trial leaderboards
- remote handling of B spec races (it was declared to be in the game)
- chance to add up to 8 AI cars in 'my lounge' races
- chance to send 'challenges' to your friend. E.g. you set a lap time , send your replay to your friend and wait to see if he beats it.
- friends cross boards to compare your times and your board position
 
A couple things people have said bother me just because it's already in the game.

Hood view- every car has hood view, what are you talking about?

Only host can start online race- This was already taken care of in the first patch.....have you played since the game came out?

Qualifying- If you mean online, there already is qualifying.....in practice....qualifying is set by your times here. It's up to the host how that qualifying order gets set-up on the starting grid though.

Now....as for the things I want added.....

Most importantly I want custom soundtracks to play continuously, not just in the races. This aggrivates me SO much, especially since I don't listen to music, I listen to Coast to Coast AM and Howard Stern.

I would like any A-Spec series that has more than 2 races to have a championship run.

I would like the track editor to be more user controlled. Granted, I was able to very closely recreate Watkin's Glen, but that was really more luck than anything with the elevation just happening to turn out correct across the track. I would also like to be able to move the start finish line and dictate which direction you run the track. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....I want to be able to run my created tracks online, even if it's just the one you are allowed to set as public. All my friends want to be able to run my Watkin's Glen track online, it sucks we can't.

I would also like to be able to create oval tracks and set track length and banking in each corner.

Or through DLC provide real NASCAR tracks at least. I want so badly to run NASCAR on Bristol, Martinsville, Phoenix, Richmond, Darlington and Pocono. Not to mention the NASCAR road courses Watkin's Glen and Infineon (why is Infineon on PSP but not PS3?).

One other thing....I thought I read we would be able to pause and come back to endurance races months ago? I just did my first endurance race and this option was not availible......I had to run 2 hours straight and it was a hassle....I can't imagine running the 4 hours in one sitting, nevermind 24!!!!
 
A couple things people have said bother me just because it's already in the game.

Hood view- every car has hood view, what are you talking about?

You're mistaking the roof view for the hood view. No cars have a hood view. That's why it always looks so high.
 
I also hope the next patch will bring:
1. XP and credits for online races - so it's more fun being rewarded and for those who ned XP or cr. It's better than just grinding the same races over and over again.

2. Leaderboards and other community functions - a site that can be accessed by pc.

3. Fixes for some bugs, maybe a possible switch to B-Spec in Endurance races... I get eye-cancer when playing races that are more than 20laps ;)

But of course point 2 and 3 would be something for the future updates...


Seriously, I'm Level 25 A-spec, Lvl. 22 B-spec... just waiting to play a lot online, when I also get cr. and xp for racing real oponents
 
1. Add 'save race' option during pitstops in enduro's
2. Practice and/or qualify before races
3. XP and credits for on line races
 
Brakes, as mentioned earlier. With fading effect. (Not as important, but very cool)
Better online play! Now RM and touring cars can race together with normal cars. Not fair. Also I would like online to give me XP and money. I don't want to grind INDY with the ZR1 all day.
Save game, very important!
More A-spec events
Save in endurance (Not that important)
Pause in B-spec, FF in bspec and frame by frame possibility in Photo mode.
Some kind of meter or explonation for the body rigidity loss.
Induvidial gear ratio "Fully customizable transmission?"
More premium cars (mainly for rims and photomode)
better support for G25 and G27
Fix starting positions on the Nürburgring. (And maybe others.??)

And probably alot more. It's an ok game, but I hope for many changes!
 
i would like to see the rubber and smoke in the rear view mirror
 
Am I the only one getting cannot connect to server all the time.

If not then patch this please.
 
I hope they will remove the stupid favorite list. I want all of my car to be available.
 
1. Add 'save race' option during pitstops in enduro's
2. Practice and/or qualify before races
3. XP and credits for on line races

Yep, that would also be very nice
Saving races during endurance pit stops... maybe also saving between a race series.

And I would also like to have at least a qualifying... would also be very nice in B-spec mode, so the driver does not need to go through 3/4 of the field every race.
 
I hope they will remove the stupid favorite list. I want all of my car to be available.

I thought this at first as well. But now that I'm well over 100 cars. For online I prefer to just being able to tag a quicklist of like 20 cars (we can have 100) for quick access instead of having to go through my whole garage. I think that was well thought out now.
 
B spec lvl25+ desperately needs more prize money as it is now theres next to no reward
 
I would say
-Online time trial leaderboard

-Better Car setup pages, more things in one page like in gt5p.

-Being able to delete the time you want in your personal track leaderboard when you practice, instead of having to delete all the times (just like it was in gt4)

-Nitro

- The good old test track to fine tune your cars, with 1 miles and 1/4 mile stuff including leaderboard.

-B-spec need a complete overhaul, at least the interface.

Edit : And also much needed I think, are the stats! I'd like stats everywhere, how many races you went (instead of just the number of win) per player and per cars. How many fastest lap in race did you made (per player and per cars) how many laps you lead, all kind of stats everywhere.

- They need to tune the AI to somehow be less ridiculously stupid, but I doubt they will ever touch this...

-More events
 
Last edited:
We need a lot of fixes and add-ons.

I think we need a this THREAD that the FIRST POST can be updated with all the wishlists, add-ons and fixes that have to be implemented into the game. That way its easy for PD to read what GT Planet thinks that needs to be fixed or added.
 
Last edited:
- Cockpit view for standard cars, like in Gran Turismo PSP
- Improved damage that stays after a race, self-repairing cars are a joke
- Trading system for cars and money
- Online leaderboard
- Fix loading times
 
I would love it if they put in G25 wheel support.
 
I know other people have stated these but:

Saving in endurance races
and
saving between races during championship events.

I personally would like these as I do not have time or want to leave my PS3 switched on and paused, to do these in one sitting. Family life does come into it I'm afraid.

I may be wrong here but I'm sure you could save between championship races in previous games, as I said, I may be wrong.
 
- More Race Car Modified cars.
- More reasonably priced cars, Nissan Sentra (Older models and newer ones), Ford Fiesta (older and newer), etc etc. sure its a car list, ASAP!
-Maybe some cool Special Events?
 
Make the 'last minute additions' (eg: R8 LMS, Jag XFR '10, Countach's, Veyron) that should have been premium, premium.
Aero parts for both MINI Cooper S's (seriously, you can't even add a spoiler!)
Make cars RM-able that have real-life GT1,2,and 3 counterparts (providing these race versions aren't already in the game.
 
Last edited:
A fix my my vanishing eng/exh sound on Zonda after installing titanium exh upgrade.
 
Hello.
First post here.
Been a huge fan of the series, seriously disappointed with what I feel a very lackluster offering after such a long wait.

Like someone else, I also used to do a fair bit of endurance racing in real life. I quite like those and it's been my favorite part of the series.
Why on earth I cannot use the b-spec drivers I've tediously built up in these races is beyond me.
If I'd have known that ahead of time I wouldn't have wasted my time with b-spec.
Honestly I was really looking forward to building my own little all star team and taking on some of the 24 hour races.

How did a game, after a half decade of wait, get released to the public with so many issues?
Seriously, I feel like I'm playing an "almost ready for beta testing" game.

One can only hope the good folks over at PD release some patches to address all the issues and add functionality that should have been included to begin with.

Here's a list from me -
b-spec participation in endurance events
save functionality in endurance events
RM any car you want (remember you could do this in the first gt)
adjustable transmission gears
Something with AI, its crazy the way its set up currently. Don't know if it's possible but I'd like to see a setting for AI that would be based off of your driving. IE the AI runs lap times within 100-20% of my fastest laps at a track. This would be fantastic.
Use a color more than once for painting a car.
Allow any car to be painted
Add back the all the tracks that are missing. So what if they don't look as nice, some of the tracks in here are direct ports anyway.

I guess I'll stop there. This could end up setting some sort of record for most words used in a first post.
Cheers
 
Last edited:
I would like to have qualifying for the online racing! The free ride could be the option to set the times and according to that the grid would be made. It should be pretty easy
 
ummmm,

Wasn't the patch due last week?

:S

I've played every GT that has come out on the playstation, and I've never stopped playing one as quickly as this.

I'm around level 23 now, and I just feel like every race is a chore.


Why on earth I cannot use the b-spec drivers I've tediously built up in these races is beyond me.
If I'd have known that ahead of time I wouldn't have wasted my time with b-spec.
Honestly I was really looking forward to building my own little all star team and taking on some of the 24 hour races.

How did a game, after a half decade of wait, get released to the public with so many issues?

Hang on.... Is this a joke?!?!

I've been busting my balls out on B-spec purely so I can earn big bucks in the endurance race... With no saves or chapters it was my only hope in the longer ones.

If someone has managed a 24 hour race, let me know how long your ps3 was on for.
 
Online leaderboards.

More A Spec races

and something I havn't seen anyone else ask for....

Blanking a previous championship/ event to win the prize car for resale.
 
Back