Next patch... What do you think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rossellini
  • 87 comments
  • 6,851 views
Increase the countdown (20s) after the 1st person passes the finishing line in online mode. Ridiculous that the race "ends" before you actually cross the finish line.
 
Individually adjustable gears. All we have now is adjustable final gear ratio. :ouch:
To tune the gears to fit your engine characteristics and the track is essential. 💡
 
I would like the dial gauges to also be in at least the hood cam view rather than only the bumper cam. It's difficult to shift well with the bar shaped tach. GT4 had the dials also in hood cam, so I would hope it could be added to 5.
 
remove levelling system
improve AI
more A-spec events
more A-spec events
more A-spec events
more A-spec events
Grid Start / rolling start option for all tracks
Room host starts race option
Option for full damage from the start
Wider range of constraints for online
money prizes for online races.
 
Maybe not for the next patch, but it would be more immersive if when in bummper cam the dials are modelled on the car you are driving.
 
They don't seem that far off. A lot of people have the same requests.

I think this game would be SO close to great if they would:

- Back up Saves
- Fix leaderboards
- Open up all damage from start (including mechanical)
- Fix the lobbies
- More A-Spec races

I'm not a programmer, but those don't SEEM like difficult things to patch.

I know that wouldn't address the "standard" car problem, but it is what it is, that's not going to change. Even with that, the game would be a classic with those fixes.
 
i simply want them to save my the way I sort my cars. i.e. by model, by power, etc.

it shows up every single time by date acquired and it bugs me.
 
Back to pre race screen not main menu after race end.
Sort AI out so that they dont try to charge through cars!
Cockpits for standards.
Less unatural moded exhaust sounds.
 
I hope it's a small sized update...

My PS3 has YLOD after playing GT5 so can only power up for a minute or so.

Hope that is enough time to update the game and copy my save for when I get a new PS3 =/
 
Back to pre race screen not main menu after race end.

I'd have to agree with you there. How are we meant to afford that beautiful Ford MK IV without the ability to spam races???
I wouldn't mind but the load times are so lonngggg :(
 
Blocky shadows.
Online time trial leaderboards.
Xp during online races.
More gt life events.
Screen tearing.

Sort these out and it will be pleased as punch.
 
I hope it's a small sized update...

My PS3 has YLOD after playing GT5 so can only power up for a minute or so.

Hope that is enough time to update the game and copy my save for when I get a new PS3 =/

u still can power it on and get in XMB? strange.

YLOD means that if you turn on your PS3 that you'll be getting:

Red light (Standard standby light) turn it on and it gets green, than fast it gets yellow and then red / red / red (don't know the word, it like wink your eye) anyway, why don't u take your PS3 to a local shop and replace the tin solder with tin/lead solder? i live in the Netherlands, and i can repair a YLOD ps3 for 90 euro's.
 
u still can power it on and get in XMB? strange.

YLOD means that if you turn on your PS3 that you'll be getting:

Red light (Standard standby light) turn it on and it gets green, than fast it gets yellow and then red / red / red (don't know the word, it like wink your eye) anyway, why don't u take your PS3 to a local shop and replace the tin solder with tin/lead solder? i live in the Netherlands, and i can repair a YLOD ps3 for 90 euro's.

I turn it on, it powers up ok can boot a game, use XMB etc then after about 1 or 2 minutes it freezes, cuts out, beeps 3 times. When it cuts out the green light flashes yellow then blinks red.

Seems to be overheating (very warm at back even just after 1 or 2 minutes) but fans work (at least for the 'fan test')

It's a phat so a bit old but I have a PS3 backup from a month ago, I just need my GT5 save saving before my PS3 dies for good =(
 
I thought there was supposed to be a patch this week?

Anyone got an official release date for it?

Personally, I'd like

1)leaderboards
2)not having to reload the track to tune cars
3)an incentive to play online (XP + credits)
4)Optional mechanical dmg

The game would be pretty much perfect (IMO) with these added features
 
On my wishlist:

-brake upgrade
-fully customisable gear ratio
-online rewards/leaderboards
-qualifying sessions

As many other posters stated above, I wish they would add some extra events, but I don't believe it will come from an update. For extra events, we'll have to wait for a DLC...
 
-More A-spec events
-Credits and xp for online racing (but only if you use your own car!)
 
Retry in license tests please. Amazing how they overlooked such a simple thing.
 
Before adding new features, I would say the AI BY FAR needs the most work.
 
More events would be nice, also a B Spec fast forward function (I havent even tried B Spec, and I won't until I know you can fast forward). I'm not sure what they could do, but the random used car thing would be great if it could be fixed. I've been waiting for the Formula GT, and I have never seen it yet. however there have been times when there have been 3 of the same model car, just different colours.
 
Most important; backup save file.

- Reduce xp required to level up, and more or less sync it, so that you don't have to redo races if you don't want to.
- A whole lot more a-spec events
- B spec fast forward, please.
 
Being able to re-start a race once it's over and you've been given cr/xp rather than having to go back through the menu would be nice.

Being able to back up your data is a must.
 
They NEED to add in a level system or make money or BOTH to the online multiplayer.

I would like to know I am earning something for running 50 laps of Daytona in a NASCAR.
 
Leader board and Statistics of your friends list on the one screen with what cars they use the most and its wins.

A “Join friend’s room” button for Public Rooms they may have entered.

Customisation - More bad @$$ Spoiler kits and graphics on cars.
 
3. headlights remain on until you turn them off

👍

1. Sharpen up the minimap

2. Fully adjustable lights, on/off whenever!

3. FF B-SPEC

4. Shadows Blur

5. Camera Focus Blur

6. Screen Tearing at sharp corners

Retry in license tests please. Amazing how they overlooked such a simple thing.

👍 ^ This is what the people want.
 
Last edited:
-Mechanical damage
-Custom gear ratios
-Fastforward / Rewind in replays
 
I'm still waiting for the Prologue damage patch. It's coming in august isn't it? LOL.

I can't imagine what happened to custom gear ratios. It was already in Prologue. You're supposed to put more stuff in not take stuff away.
 
i wish they add theses stuff :

- customizable time/weather for arcade and practice mode
- qualifying mode before the races
- fix the jaggy shadows and screen tearing
- fix the AI
- add more challenges (some real top gear challenge)
- add more reflection on the road during rainy races
- being able to change tires during practice sessions (on tracks with dynamic weather)
- mechanical damage + tweak the visual damages
- fix the repair body and engine thing !

If they do this before christmas, this will be my present ;-)
 
My guess is that they'll add the missing features advertised on back of the box (leaderboards and matchmaking) and call it a day. I'm sure Sony doesn't enjoy terms like 'false advertising' or 'bait and switch' used to describe their product. I doubt they'll fix anything else in the next patch, and I doubt we'll ever see many of the other problems patched at all. I've come to expect the very least from PD and Sony. Even if they directly state a feature, I'm just going to assume that it's being horribly misrepresented.

Matchmaking will probably turn out to be a system that doesn't pay attention to skill/handicap, car/track preference or connection strength, and will simply stick 16 people in a random public lobby on shuffle mode.

Leaderboards will probably be something awful for one 'approved' track/car combination at a time.

Hate to be negative but if most of these other problems were in the realm of 'easy stuff,' they probably would have been taken care of years ago.
 
Last edited:
The brake topic again...
What's the problem with the brakes? Please, don't tell me that the available brake setup is _unable to block the wheels_ ...
Or are you worried about the temperature of the brakes that does not even count in the game?
If you think that pros are changing the brakes because they want to stop the car in a shorter distance, then you are wrong.

However, larger brakes may reduce the time
to initiate braking of the tires. Since this is at the beginning of
braking (when the vehicle is moving fast), a small savings of time can
shorten stopping distance by a significance amount..
 
Last edited:
Back