NFL: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,711 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was one play in particular in the Steelers-Broncos game. It was 4th and 1, and Roethislisberger wasn't even close to getting over the first down line, but he got it anyway. Perhaps I'm just remembering wrong, but to me it didn't look like he was close to getting over the line.

How about it, GTPlanet? First Monday Night of the season. So...

Bengals at Ravens and Chargers at Raiders... both TONIGHT!

It ain't easy going up to Baltimore trying to upstage the Ravens (just ask my Texans), but the Bengals will do their best. Think they have a chance? Or will the Ravens defend home turf?

How about a little SoCal vs. NorCal action? Do the Chargers have enough juice to take down the Raiders on the road, or do you think the black and silver will blackout the boys from San Diego?

Enjoy your Monday Night Football, folks!

Ouch, Steelers lack of an O cost us the game. Nice overall play by the Broncos!

Bengals-Ravens is always good, but the Ravens have their number. I say 24-17 Ravens.

Chargers at Raiders... hmm... I'm going with... 17-14 Raiders.

I'll post my week 2 predictions later. EDIT: Screw it I'll do it now!

CHI@GB: GB 24-20
KC@BUF: BUF 30-10
CLE@CIN: CIN 21-7
MIN@IND: IND 17-14
OAK@MIA: OAK 14-3
ARI@NE: NE 28-14
TB@NYG: NYG 20-13
BAL@PHI: BAL 24-14
NO@CAR: NO 17-14
HOU@JAC: HOU 24-14
DAL@SEA: DAL 7-6
WAS@STL: WAS 25-10
NYJ@PIT: PIT 28-20
TEN@SD: SD 17-16
DET@SF: SF 35-30
DEN@ATL: ATL 30-24

Bengals-Ravens is always good, but the Ravens have their number. I say 24-17 Ravens.

I'll post my week 2 predictions later.

Steelers 42 - Jets 0 :lol:. No Revis is our downfall.

I think chicago can eek out a win in GB. Our offense is much more potent this time around, and their GB defense against the 49s was suspect at best.

I really think the Marshall addition will make things interesting in the GB-Chicago meetings of the future.

I think chicago can eek out a win in GB. Our offense is much more potent this time around, and their GB defense against the 49s was suspect at best.

I really think the Marshall addition will make things interesting in the GB-Chicago meetings of the future.

Can they? Yes. Will they? Don't think so. Trust me, I hate GB as much as you, but they got home-field and a good team.

I believed it last year and I reminded every body I talk to last week. I believed that the 49ers are the best-suited team to beat Green Bay at Lambeau Field and whaddya know?

Feels good man.

I disagree with a few of those:
- Buffalo never wins and they won't put up 30 points, I'd take Kansas City.
- I think Denver can and will beat Atlanta. Their running game and Peyton Manning, they'll get it done.
- The Rams Redskins game will have a closer score, Washington's secondary will be tested by Sam Bradford, though I believe the defense will hold on late to get another win for my Skins. Redskins need 30 points to win.
- Chicago will have one hell of a fight on their hands against Green Bay, and I think it will be a 24-17 win for GB

Predictions:
CHI@GB: GB 24-17
KC@BUF: KC 21-7
CLE@CIN: CIN 21-3
MIN@IND: IND 24-21
OAK@MIA: OAK 31-14
ARI@NE: NE 48-7
TB@NYG: NYG 27-14
BAL@PHI: BAL 17-10
NO@CAR: NO 21-14
HOU@JAC: HOU 24-10
DAL@SEA: SEA 17-10
WAS@STL: WAS 31-28
NYJ@PIT: PIT 21-14
TEN@SD: SD 21-7
DET@SF: SF 21-17
DEN@ATL: DEN 27-24

Last edited:
My Week2 picks. Thanks to Quack for the format :P

CHI@GB: GB 31-21
KC@BUF: BUF 24-10
CLE@CIN: CIN 17-10
MIN@IND: MIN 21-10
OAK@MIA: OAK 21-3
ARI@NE: NE 42-17
TB@NYG: NYG 27-21
BAL@PHI: PHI 28-14
NO@CAR: CAR 31-28
DAL@SEA: DAL 21-10
WAS@STL: WAS 24-7
NYJ@PIT: NYJ 17-14
DET@SF: DET 21-17
DEN@ATL: DEN 27-17

There's no way Detroit puts 30 points on the 49ers in San Francisco. :lol: C'mon with that pick, man.

My Week2 picks. Thanks to Quack for the format :P

CHI@GB: GB 31-21
KC@BUF: BUF 24-10
CLE@CIN: CIN 17-10
MIN@IND: MIN 21-10
OAK@MIA: OAK 21-3
ARI@NE: NE 42-17
TB@NYG: NYG 27-21
BAL@PHI: PHI 28-14
NO@CAR: CAR 31-28
DAL@SEA: DAL 21-10
WAS@STL: WAS 24-7
NYJ@PIT: NYJ 17-14
DET@SF: DET 21-17
DEN@ATL: DEN 27-17

Jets? Over Pittsburgh?!

hyena-144.jpg

Its not ridiculously far-fetched, the two teams have split their last 6 meetings.

Of coarse everyone is buying into the "Steelers are old and will suck this year" crap, as per usual. Like last year. End result? 12-4. Year before that AFC champs. You get the trend.

I'm sticking with 11-5, and as long as we pick up the pace with Baltimore we are strong contenders.

Speaking of contenders:

Strong:
New England
Baltimore
New York Giants
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
San Francisco

Weak:
Houston
Atlanta
Denver
New Orleans

Sound good?

Its not ridiculously far-fetched, the two teams have split their last 6 meetings.

Steelers? Go 0-2? Gooby pls.

Last edited:
I think the Giants will have a very average year to be honest; it's an unpopular opinion but I can't see them consistently doing well.

I think the Giants will have a very average year to be honest; it's an unpopular opinion but I can't see them consistently doing well.

They are still elite, but not favorites until they can proove it again. Baltimore is scaring me right no :nervous:

They are still elite, but not favorites until they can proove it again. Baltimore is scaring me right no :nervous:

You have to remember that they had a pretty average season last year; 9 and 7. They got a head of steam and managed to pull it off in the playoffs, all credit to them for that, but they didn't really stand out in the regular season and I don't think they will this time around either.

You have to remember that they had a pretty average season last year; 9 and 7. They got a head of steam and managed to pull it off in the playoffs, all credit to them for that, but they didn't really stand out in the regular season and I don't think they will this time around either.

I respect your opinion, but I think they played pretty crappy until the playoffs when the unleashed their potential. They aren't they best, but NEVER count teams like them out.

NFC East is by far and away the most competitive division and the Giants are not really on a spell of form lately. I agree with Tom on this. As much as I love the Giants, consistency looks an issue this season and with such a competitive division with teams looking far superior offensively, you simply cannot rule out the Giants missing the playoffs this season.

Word has it that J.J. Watt was watching "Hard Knocks" on the Miami Dolphins, which is why he was so beast against Miami this past weekend. Of course, Watt is beast regardless. Back-to-back Florida teams for the Texans so far. This weekend- at Jacksonville. AFC South action. Got to love it, players.

Steelers v Ravens for the division...
Y'know what?
I'm going with the Ravens.
I think we'll go 11-5 and them 12-4.
But when/if we meet playoffs, thats a toss-up.

Midwestern hospitality, anyone? We got Chicago going up to Green Bay as part of Thursday Night Football tonight. Bears at Packers. Who you got in this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back