NFL: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,711 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Packers. They are going to be hungry to get a win after being dominated by the 49ers.

As the late Aaliyah once sang, "...dust yourself off and try again." That's what Green Bay did tonight. The Chicago Bears were more like a bunch of teddy bears after the 23-10 chin music Chicago took in Green Bay. I read A. Rodgers went 22-32 with 219 yards, 1 touchdown, and got picked off only once.

Now that this one is done, it's time to bring on the matches for Sunday, Sunday Night, and Monday Night.

Cutler got sacked 7 times. He has the same problem Grossman has as in he holds on to the ball too long. You got to throw it before you get hit, common sense really. As my brother said, "the Bears good offense won't improve with a mediocre quarterback at the helm." He has the arm strength and the ability to make passes, but he has to throw it quicker! And I don't see him doing that anytime soon.

Cutler got sacked 7 times. He has the same problem Grossman has as in he holds on to the ball too long. You got to throw it before you get hit, common sense really. As my brother said, "the Bears good offense won't improve with a mediocre quarterback at the helm." He has the arm strength and the ability to make passes, but he has to throw it quicker! And I don't see him doing that anytime soon.

This is exactly how I felt last year with Tavaris Jackson leading the Seahawks. I feel your pain. All the physical skills can't help it when you have the mental capacity of a toaster.

This is exactly how I felt last year with Tavaris Jackson leading the Seahawks. I feel your pain. All the physical skills can't help it when you have the mental capacity of a toaster.

That's a good way to put it. If you look at the elite qbs in the league (Peyton and Eli Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers), they don't necessarily have rocket arms, but they're accurate and have a high level of field awareness, they can read and react. You look at the teams with potentially good qbs that just get beat constantly because the qb doesn't get time to sit on the bench and learn, they get thrown into the fire. The Cleveland Browns are an example of this. They draft qbs with the physical skills but aren't ready for immediate competition at the nfl level.. Weeden will be another failure imo, I would have had McCoy starting, or sign a free agent veteran qb that could mentor Weeden. I like what the Redskins did with RG3, even before draft day they were teaching him the playbook, Kyle Shanahan tailored the offense to his strengths, and limited the showing of his weaknesses. They were running extra offensive drills and everything. RG3 came into training camp wanting to assert that he was and is Washington's number one qb, and he did that and he will prove to the league that he is at least a good, if not potentially great quarterback.

2a6ulpg.jpg

Oakland Ashigaru.

edit: REGGIE!

Edit II: REGGGIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dear Buffalo, I 🤬 hate you. I like your coach and what he's done with the team, but when I pick you to win, you never win. If I pick you to lose, you win. This is ********. And anything I said about Cassel being good, my god he has to make some quick throws because if he waits ten seconds to throw like he did on a 3rd and goal on the 4, he's going to be sacked every time and have no one to throw to. Plus Jamaal Charles, what the **** are you doing? Run the damn ball. And the Chiefs defense is atrocious, just plain awful. I mean, how do you not cover Stevie Johnson on a 3rd and long? You got to know they're going to throw to him, where's their heads at?! I said the Bills wouldn't get 30 points, I guess I was right, because they'll probably get 40 on this joke the Chiefs call a defense.

LAMAR MILLER! Man, I don't have enough space on my fantasy team for a 7th Dolphin.

I'm gonna have to go give him a hi-five the next time he comes to my mom's office.

It was 27-7 in favor of the Texans. We held the Jaguars to 117 or so yards. NO Third Down conversions for JAX. The Texans were smooth operators on the opening drive. Sadly, it ended up in a field goal. J.J. Watt (whom some are now nicknaming as "J.J. Swatt") had the game's only turnover- a fumble. Chad Henne (remember him, Miami Dolphin fans?) even suited up late as the game was already out of hand. The Texans are done with Jacksonville until we host them on November 18th.

So that's 2-0 for the Texans. Now, it gets ugly. Our next five: at Denver, Tennssee, at New York Jets (Monday night game), Green Bay (Sunday night game), and Baltimore. After Baltimore, it's our Bye week. I've said all along that the Texans will have to play up to this schedule. I'll be happy if we could win ALL of those games, but I probably see them winning 3 out of those 5 games.

What did your boys do today?

Well, with not even 5 minutes off the clock yet, my 'Hawks have forced a fumble on the opening kickoff, scored a field goal, held Dallas to a 3-and-out, and then blocked the punt and returned it for a TD.

I hope they keep this up. Gotta love the 12th Man.

Could be a 4 way tie in the AFC East after today. Patriots can't beat the Cardinals, while both the Dolphins and the Bills destroy their AFC West opponents.

Chad Henne starting for the Jags? SELL SELL SELL! :lol:

Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson recovers a fumble on the opening play and returns it 40 yards for a touchdown. Redskins lead the Rams 7-3, Jeff Fisher was pissed. Looks like the Ravens will win against the Eagles and the Cowboys are currently losing, so this is good. The Giants result is irrelevant currently, as long as the Skins win today. EDIT: Eagles win, despite turning the ball over 4 times. They have turned the ball over 9 times in the last 2 games. If they keep doing that, they'll be losing games really soon. The Eagles wins can be attributed to players stepping up late, and sheer luck. And Arizona with the big upset over the Pats!

Last edited:
Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson recovers a fumble on the opening play and returns it 40 yards for a touchdown. Redskins lead the Rams 7-3, Jeff Fisher was pissed. Looks like the Ravens will win against the Eagles and the Cowboys are currently losing, so this is good. The Giants result is irrelevant currently, as long as the Skins win today.

Eagles won. You really are very BAD at predicting :lol:.

Yeah, your Rams wanted that win more it seemed. Funny thing is I predicted the exact score, just picked the wrong team to win :lol:. There's always next week. Hey Blitz_69, did your Hawks beat them Cowgirls for us?

Y'all skins got robbed. Damn temp refs. Told you Buf would win ;)

Steelers 1-1, same as last year...

Broncos at Falcons TONIGHT!

Yep. Peyton Manning and his Broncos will be playing against some dirty birds tonight. Matt Ryan (Matty Ice) will try to suppress the Denver Broncos tonight in the ATL. Falcons vs. Broncos- who's winning tonight?

I am leaning towards the Falcons since Atlanta is the home team. Though, I could see the Broncos squeaking one out. Either way, it should be a good game.

Anyone know what the line is on the game?

One source I read had Atlanta as a 3-point favorite. So obviously, this seems like a pretty good match on paper with a sure-fire Hall of Famer in Peyton Manning (hell- I'd vote him in myself) going up against young Matt Ryan.

Again- at least from a few sources, Atlanta is favored by three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back