NFL: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,711 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I firmly believe the outcome would have been slightly different if 2 of Balitmore's personal fouls and 1 other penalty had been called. However the game was well played. Was hoping for the 49ers to win but that was a great ending to a great game. That power outage was insane though lol. They said the last play was 84 minutes long real time before the game resumed including the half time show which I thought was alright.

Best commercial?

Hm. I liked the one were the guy kicked that car in the tire and the robot chick give him a overhead wedgie and beat his ass lol. Both Doritos ones were good and the one with Seth with that other dude for Samsung. "You can take that pen and shove it up your" lol

Definitely some bitterness. While I am annoyed that the 49ers lost, the Ravens played the better game. The turnovers in the first half were killer and the kickoff return to start the second half was brutal.

I firmly believe the outcome would have been slightly different if 2 of Balitmore's personal fouls and 1 other penalty had been called. However the game was well played. Was hoping for the 49ers to win but that was a great ending to a great game. That power outage was insane though lol. They said the last play was 84 minutes long real time before the game resumed including the half time show which I thought was alright.

It was 84 minutes between the Baltimore offense plays in the 2nd quarter and then their first after half time.

I firmly believe the outcome would have been slightly different if 2 of Balitmore's personal fouls and 1 other penalty had been called.

Just remember, the 49'ers did some illegal contact (not called) to Tory Smith that otherwise would have resulted in another TD, but instead they were left with a punt.

Ted Ginn is SUCH a dumbass. Why let your 97-mph fastball-slinging QB take a shot at the endzone with Randy Moss, Vernon Davis, et al. when you can just run out the clock?

I feel good for Ray Lewis and Tory Smith. Those guys really had a tough year, and it was the best way Ray Lewis could've capped off a first-ballot hall of fame career.

Was a great game though. I had to go eat some chocolate after that Beyonce performance. Damn, she wrecked it. I was writhing in my seat. Glad to see they used her first-rate, ultra cinematic production team instead of just the idiots aiming the broadcast camera at the stage. Sure as hell beats those morons The BEP and even The Who.

Many questionable calls/non-calls by the officials & many questionable calls by the coaches on both sides. I dislike both teams, but I really can't stand the niners or their scrub ridden coach with a stacked team, so I'm glad the Ravens took it.

It was a great game no matter how you slice it. But, I'm a die hard Raiders fan. So seeing an actual football game was a welcome treat.

I'm happy for the Ravens that they won this. They've been one of the top teams in the game as of recent and a Super Bowl win was all they've deserved for it. It would have been pretty shameful if they'd lost the lead though. Power outage jokes and all that.

49ers huge improvements showed here for sure but they were slacking off for much of the first half. But they did almost do as they did against the Falcons.

I'm glad I stayed up to watch the game, and especially glad to watch it overall as a neutral here. Though to be fair the pair of them did knock out my two favourite teams in the Divisional round. But I'm not overly bothered by that.

"I'm going to Disney World and stab Goofy!!!"

-Ray Lewis :lol:

But seriously congrats to the main Craven Raven. And stop crying Jim no ref was going to call a flag in the dying moments of a SB. And that last go daddy commercial with that kiss was disgusting and unnecessary. Go daddy sucks.

I found the Go Daddy commercial amusing, but likely for a different reason. The guy in that video is an extra in nearly everything. Having him make an appearance in a Super Bowl commercial only seems fitting. Though, he should have probably been in the commercial as an extra.

The go daddy one with the airplane was good, but the last one was just pushing it. It's like they are just trying too hard.

Ddrizle
Many questionable calls/non-calls by the officials & many questionable calls by the coaches on both sides. I dislike both teams, but I really can't stand the niners or their scrub ridden coach with a stacked team, so I'm glad the Ravens took it.

Outside of that holding penalty on crabtree at the end,i felt the refs did a good job. Thats called letting them play

Outside of that holding penalty on crabtree at the end,i felt the refs did a good job. Thats called letting them play

The game rules shouldn't change in the post-season, but they do. The refs allow a great deal more in the playoffs, and especially in the superbowl, than they allow in the regular season, and that makes it such that teams who exploit the rules are benefited in the playoffs.

It's nonsense. The rules need to be applied as evenly as humanly possible.

tfed
The seth rogan,paul rudd,bob odenkirk samsung commercial was awesome

That commercial dragged on, and on, and on. And then God made another commercial, and it was good. But not great.

As a Texans fan, it's sad seeing ex-Texans play well enough to make it to and win the Super Bowl. All congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens on winning Super Bowl XLVII.

Now that the season's over, feel free to assess anything regarding your favorite team(s), player(s), or any other aspect of this season.

All I know is that I want my Texans to (in using NASCAR speak) keep diggin'. Twice going to the AFC Divisional stage, falling both times. A lot of people think either Matt Schaub and/or Gary Kubiak should go and be replaced with better talent. I think the Texans need to take more chances and play with a little more killer instinct. Otherwise, I'm proud of my Texans this season and this past season. If anything, I hope the Texans eventually could do what the Oilers couldn't- win the Super Bowl. This is a much more focused Texans program than in almost any past season. We even played up to a difficult schedule. It was just a damn shame we had only one home marquee match- home against Green Bay on Sunday night, and we all know who won that one. All the Texans have to do is keep playing with fire. I was even impressed we played that short week vs. Jacksonville and at Detroit- both in Overtime; both victories. You're not going to torch your opposition all the time, but you have to find ways to win. And if anything, our Red Zone efficiency HAS to improve. Nothing wrong with Field Goals, but finding the end zone really does wonders for you.

You all are free to look back on the season now. Just remember- come September 2013, we're all undefeated again!

This season wasn't the NFLs finest hour that's for sure. Honesty I don't know if I even have too much to say about it. Ended on a higher note though, even though I wanted the Niners to win it was still a hell of a game. Wouldn't be a fitting end to the season where defensive backs can catch TD passes for opposing teams and Justin Forsett can get back up after a tackle and run for score without a little controversy from power outages and game deciding endzone holding calls (or lack thereof).

^Not trying to take a shot at the Texans there John, they had a great season and I would have liked to see them go further, I'm from Austin myself.

However, being a Bengals fan, it's always just another year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back