NFS Shift 2 Patch 1.2 + Mod thread

• Thread starter Railgun
  • 75 comments
Understood, but now I wonder a little bit. If the boss cars are won instead of bought (during a new career for example), will their physics be updated as well?
Yep, thsi solution is if you had the cars before the patch, if you win those first time then it will be already updated

Understood, but now I wonder a little bit. If the boss cars are won instead of bought (during a new career for example), will their physics be updated as well?
Yep, the physics are already changed, the issue is that the garage cars cant automatically update the PI, so when you try to use it 2 thing can happen, 1 the car is too op for its class, or 2 the game breaks and doesnt show anything, that can happen with negative pi cars (like the mini)

Yes, they're already updated but the Garage doesn't reset its stats

I see, so, because the physical data is stored in car files, when the files are updated, the car's performance is actually affected right away. Unfortunately, it is not immediately reflected in the PI displayed in the garage, thus requiring a workaround like what you said to get it right. I think this PI issue was the root cause of my previously problematic Works Subaru. It was a vanilla car I tried to race in Works category after applying your patch. After selling it, then buying a new one and Works-upgrading the new one, the race works normally.
By the way, I wonder if we can apply appropriate year restrictions to modern races. As for now, when we choose to check the car lot right before entering Modern D or C races, for example, legends and retro cars are also listed.

Last edited:
And I've successfully reset the PI of boss cars with hidden car mod according to your suggestion. However, I don't see the DLC boss cars in the car lot. Not a big deal anyway, just to let you know in case you haven't already. Thanks, Railgun.

And I've successfully reset the PI of boss cars with hidden car mod according to your suggestion. However, I don't see the DLC boss cars in the car lot. Not a big deal anyway, just to let you know in case you haven't already. Thanks, Railgun.
If yoyre refiring to the porsche, viper or tc i think you need to beat them to unlock it in the dealer

Yes, I have won two of them, the porsche and the viper, and only discovered that they're not in the dealer in the course of resetting their PI along with the others.

Found another minor quirk. In classic muscle races, when I upgraded a Challenger R/T to the full 2nd level, my opponents were Ford GT40 and Shelby Daytona. It feels like a beetle trying to run away from a swarm of bees. In the full 1st level upgrade, they were Corvette Stingray and Shelby GT500.

Found another minor quirk. In classic muscle races, when I upgraded a Challenger R/T to the full 2nd level, my opponents were Ford GT40 and Shelby Daytona. It feels like a beetle trying to run away from a swarm of bees. In the full 1st level upgrade, they were Corvette Stingray and Shelby GT500.
Ok that was a fun analogy, unfortunately this is because of how little amount of muscle legends are in the game, so it was that or a fully upgraded shelby cobra, which btw is like an angry wasp

Another good reason to add more classic muscle cars into the game. Chevyopala made some excellent ones, had some fun with them in vanilla (UCP) back then, but since no car mod would be compatible with your patch other than the ones provided in the patch repository, I haven't used any of Chevyopala's cars anymore. In terms of the opposition, I wonder what "Same Class" really mean in Quick Race. Does it refer solely to PI or what else?

By the way, I'm racing in GT1 series right now and these cars feel rather floaty, thus require more micro-corrections during driving. Since their tires should already be the best, I can only presume that it is because of their lower weight. They also tend to lose speed more readily under neutral throttle compared to their modern-class counterparts, thus require more upshifting after slowing down. I try to mitigate this tendency through slip tuning with limited success. Eventually, it's extra patience to exercise more corrective actions behind the wheel that wins the day here.

Another good reason to add more classic muscle cars into the game. Chevyopala made some excellent ones, had some fun with them in vanilla (UCP) back then, but since no car mod would be compatible with your patch other than the ones provided in the patch repository, I haven't used any of Chevyopala's cars anymore. In terms of the opposition, I wonder what "Same Class" really mean in Quick Race. Does it refer solely to PI or what else?

By the way, I'm racing in GT1 series right now and these cars feel rather floaty, thus require more micro-corrections during driving. Since their tires should already be the best, I can only presume that it is because of their lower weight. They also tend to lose speed more readily under neutral throttle compared to their modern-class counterparts, thus require more upshifting after slowing down. I try to mitigate this tendency through slip tuning with limited success. Eventually, it's extra patience to exercise more corrective actions behind the wheel that wins the day here.
Yeah im in that too, about the loss of speed , its because of the engine brake and inertia of the engine, the first is tied to a formula which one of its components its the torque of the car, the latter is tied more to the size and type of engine, so bigger, more powerful engines wil have a higher engine braking

So, it's due to some legit physics at play here. I'll happily play along, then. Thanks for the engineering-wise insight, Railgun.
As for the "Same Class" in Quick Race setup, do you have a say on what it means? What restrictions are observed there to define what would be considered opponents of the same class? Knowing this may help when I'd like to have a more varied set of opponents when driving certain cars to test.

Last edited:
Maybe something i updated, as i said since i made a final update on the patch, i need to redo some cars, but to "easily" troubleshoot this you can try the following
  • Buy an upgrade tyre / Enter Fine tuning
  • Enter a test race in fine tuning

If the game crashes in the first is an tire issue, if its the second its an susp or collision issue, i think its the second and the way to solve it is to change the name of the golf gti in vehicles/physics/collision to VW instead of WV

I tried to apply the 1st level upgrades one by one cumulatively. With brake department, transmission department, tire, suspension, turbo, and weight reduction are all in 1st upgrade, it crashes only when more than one engine upgrade is added. Also tried to change those file names to no avail.

I tried to apply the 1st level upgrades one by one cumulatively. With brake department, transmission department, tire, suspension, turbo, and weight reduction are all in 1st upgrade, it crashes only when more than one engine upgrade is added. Also tried to change those file names to no avail.
Maybe another error, for now i suggest to deactivate the mod until i checked it, although maybe its going to take some time because of personal reasons

I'd rather deactivate a single faulty car than an otherwise marvelously functional mod of yours, pal. No worries at all. That was just to report a finding. There's still much more to enjoy. I sincerely hope your day's going well there.

For skoob, if you're referring to the mod that deletes the grid characters and banners is called wipeout, i think i left a link in the discord.

For solonese, for the price cars, the best solution for that is to install the hidden car mod, the only downside is that deletes all the event restrictions.
For the price cars, im planning to put an unique car, my main issue with the 3 price cars is that they have a works conversion, which is not reversible, that and because 2 of the 3 cars were in an inferior class at start, heck even the s2 elise is almost (if not) in the b class, so the main plan is to put mods of a same brand without works conversion to replace those
And for the Cars, the main thing that comes to mind to the steering is the settings, here i posted a baseline with adv settings for keyboard and controllers, since because the new tires some base settings were destroyed, if is not that then i really didn't understand your issue, and tbh selecting a gt3 imo is the worst baseline since after some reworking (in progress) they are less grippy that i thinked before.
Anyway, maybe the issue of modified cars are the extra grip/power, making it more homogeneous during this phase, only to be more unique again during their phase 4 (fully upgraded) and phase 5 (works conversion)
@Railgun, thanks friend, appreciate the reference, I went to discord, got the wipeout mod, installed and injected. however the chars at the beginning of the races on the grid are still there, the schmodels and camera folk. really annoying, i'd prefer just the cars as I wish to play with my family, not wanting my children to see the degrading reference to woman.. I used to have a file (bff ext I think..) I just dropped into the game track folder. Since a particular car racing modssites downfall I cannot find it anywhere online! any further assistance and I would be very much grateful..

Ok i have an idea of what do you refer to, i will try to ask if its possible but, since both the NGR and RD links are down, its extremely likely that the mod is lost

Hello, First of all this is a fantastic Overhaul mod for this game, Great work on redoing and modifying all the things you mentioned for making this Patch v1.2. Really the handling for these cars are now like Gran turismo or forza like, as it should have been.
I used to own the limited edition disc version long time ago and the physics were bad but the rest of the game was cool so this game and nfs shift were really some of my favs back then (Except the physics). Now my old pc died, and I bought a used gaming laptop, and as the discs are all scratched up it cant be read, and now the game is not available to buy digitally and also there is no point in buying a used one as now you cant get the limited edition things any longer, I downloaded one from "somewhere", Installed that and installed Patch 1.0.2 and game worked fine, then installed the latest UCP & Hidden cars mod v2.0 by helluuum (Which i got with UCP) and worked fine, then when I put Patch v1.2 and compatibility files (without Hidden cars mod v2.0 by helluuum), i noticed some of the cars dont show up (which i read above will have to we won again). As i was using my old save this might be fixed if i started a fresh profile (Due to my working conditions I will do this later when I finally claim my Vacation for this year). Otherwise the activating Hidden cars mod v2.0 by helluuum on top of Patch v1.2 and compatibility files, all cars show up in the garage and car lot, including limited edition ones and other bonus ones like Auto-Bild Porsche, Hot Pursuit cars, promotional cars and all DLC cars.

Patch v1.2 is the O-P version as I dont have that activation.exe in the shift 2 install directory. I noticed that UCP added some new cars (Such as Audi R8 Spyder, DBS Volante, Agera etc) in the car lot which is cool. UCP also added Promotional events too. But UCP doesnt add the Limited Edition Events such as Old vs New and Manufacturer Showdown. I was hoping your Patch v1.2 would add those events but it doesnt.
And another issue is that for some reason my Ford Lotus Cortina crashes the game (With Patch v1.2), Attempting to even view the car in my Garage crashes the game, but it doesnt happen with the Car Lot Cortina. So i deactivated Patch v1.2 and sold the Cortina and then reactivated Patch v1.2 and bought the car, when modifying it I found out that trying to add slick tyres crashes the game. Other upgrades didnt crash. Do you have any idea and what I can do to fix this? (I say again all of this is on my old save and not new profile)

Also is there any mods which add all Ferrari's from Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends (Atleast the non open wheel f1 cars)? I know some of the ferraris are there (the Ferrari add-on adds all ferraris from nfs shift ferrari dlc, and your Patch mods adds some other ferraris like F40 and F50 and others listed in compatibility mod list on nfs mods) but may other classic ferraris from TDFRL would be cool in S2U. Are you working on these to be compatible with your mod?

Last edited:
Thanks for testing the mod, now i will try to solve the cortina issue but, i will need to see your gme first
About the LE content the issue is because the steam and origin exes are different and very recently i found an OG version, is in the discord, but be careful with said archive
About the ferraris, im limited about the cars that were made, and are being developed by pentaura, maybe in the future i will adapt it, but for now any update will be slow

Thanks for reply, I am happy that atleast we got all the ferraris from nfs shift along with additional ferraris you provided in Patch Mods.
I will check out discord later. Can you please provide your discord invite link.

Here is GME screenshot attached. With or without Hidden cars mod by helluum the cortina crashes so i know this is not the issue

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
With or without Hidden cars mod by helluum the cortina crashes so i know this is not the issue
The issue (if im right) is that there is a problem with the tires, so what you can do is check in vehicles/physics/vehicles the vdfm file (open with xvi32).
You need to check the tire file, which should be named Hist_St_2
After confinming that you need to go to tires and found a file file with the same name.
And if there is said file you need to open tireshd.xml to confirm that the file is inside this document

The issue (if im right) is that there is a problem with the tires, so what you can do is check in vehicles/physics/vehicles the vdfm file (open with xvi32).
You need to check the tire file, which should be named Hist_St_2
After confinming that you need to go to tires and found a file file with the same name.
And if there is said file you need to open tireshd.xml to confirm that the file is inside this document
Ok, checked these, its all there, refer attached screenshots.
Went into MODS>0C Need For Speed Shift 2 Patch 1.2>vehicles>physics>vehicles>lotus_cortina.vdfm Opened this by xvi32.
Went into MODS>0C Need For Speed Shift 2 Patch 1.2>vehicles>physics>tyres and found hist_st_2.hdt file in it
Opened tyreshd.xml file in the same above folder and found line <Item label="Hist_St_2.hdt"></Item>

Still crashes to desktop when trying to put Slick tyres on Cortina (Or loading Cortina with these equipped)

Attachments

• lotus_cortina.vdfm tyre Hist_St_2.JPG
    lotus_cortina.vdfm tyre Hist_St_2.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 26
  • tyre folder hist_st_2.JPG
    tyre folder hist_st_2.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 27
  • tyreshd.xml Hist_St_2.JPG
    tyreshd.xml Hist_St_2.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 27
I'm referring to the game location, inside vehicles, not mods
(vehicles/physics/)
Oh sorry, I misunderstood.
So checked again its all there
Went into vehicles>physics>vehicles>lotus_cortina.vdfm Opened this by xvi32.
Went into vehicles>physics>tyres and found hist_st_2.hdt file in it
Opened tyreshd.xml file in the same above folder and found line <Item label="Hist_St_2.hdt"></Item>
(These are with Activated patch 1.2 in GME as in above GME screenshot)
(Deactivating Patch 1.2 changes these files, in that case Hist_St_2 is not there in the vdfm and also not in tyres folder and tyreshd.xml)

Attachments

• lotus_cortina.vdfm type Hist_St_2.JPG
    lotus_cortina.vdfm type Hist_St_2.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 18
  • tyre folder hist_st_2.hdt.JPG
    tyre folder hist_st_2.hdt.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 18
  • tyreshd.xml Hist_St_2.hdt.JPG
    tyreshd.xml Hist_St_2.hdt.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 18
Oh sorry, I misunderstood.
So checked again its all there
Went into vehicles>physics>vehicles>lotus_cortina.vdfm Opened this by xvi32.
Went into vehicles>physics>tyres and found hist_st_2.hdt file in it
(These are with Activated patch 1.2 in GME as in above GME screenshot)
(Deactivating Patch 1.2 changes these files, in that case Hist_St_2 is not there in the vdfm and also not in tyres folder and tyreshd.xml)
Ok sorry for the time i was offline and extremely busy, there is one last idead since you said that only happens with the level 3 tires, You need to go to the vehicle folder (vehicles/lotus_cortina) and search for a file that ends with tire.vud
There in the stage level 3 you will see that the value is 95, change it to 85, save and start the game, this is the last thing it comes to my mind about this issue

Last edited:
Ok sorry for the time i was offline and extremely busy, there is one last idead since you said that only happens with the level 3 tires, You need to go to the vehicle folder (vehicles/lotus_cortina) and search for a file that ends with tire.vud
There in the stage level 3 you will see that the value is 95, change it to 85, save and start the game, this is the last thing it comes to my mind about this issue
Oh yeah this worked !!!! Thank You!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for testing the mod, now i will try to solve the cortina issue but, i will need to see your gme first
About the LE content the issue is because the steam and origin exes are different and very recently i found an OG version, is in the discord, but be careful with said archive
About the ferraris, im limited about the cars that were made, and are being developed by pentaura, maybe in the future i will adapt it, but for now any update will be slow
Can I get the discord link? I will try out that Limited Edition events

Back