NFS Shift Drift Cars Setup

Drift king you should start up a drift team for NFS Shift and start a thread with the team members...You could hold tryouts and the people trying out would have to get a certain score to be on the team...If you decide to do this add me my gamertag is S0UL MUNK3Y the "0" in SOUL is the number zero.

I have thought about that, and I would love to. However, at the moment, I'm in between moving, and I will be offline until September. However, after that, I will look more into it and I'll try to start up a team.

DaDriftingKing
how many points you make ?

On average, I run about 3600 per round on Tokyo. My personal best is 4237 there. Tokyo is my test track for all drift cars, and my personal favorite so far has easily been my Supra. But the best non-DLC so far is either the E36 or the RX-7.

You guys are so bad a$$, i just can't seem to get the drift thang down. It' seems like it is easier for me to dift in a race when I am not trying to then it is when I puposely trying to drift.

i would be willing to coach you if you have an XBL Gamertag.

This is a really good thread, but how did u manage to get the supra? i can't seem to find it in my lot at all..

Help plz..

ps: i think the best car, is the ae86, been fine tuning for days now.. still not perfect tho, have u done tuning for the ae86 yet DaDriftingKing?

This is a really good thread, but how did u manage to get the supra? i can't seem to find it in my lot at all..

Help plz..

ps: i think the best car, is the ae86, been fine tuning for days now.. still not perfect tho, have u done tuning for the ae86 yet DaDriftingKing?
it is in a free downloadable pack in the marketplace.... Hit me up sometime so we can drift GT is same as my username the "0" in S0UL is the number zero

Help plz..

First off, yes the Toyota Supra is in the Team Racing DLC which is free on both PSN and X-Box Live. Secondly, no i haven't tuned an AE86 yet, but i'm working on a few different cars right now, including the M3 E36 and a new Supra Tune. Keep posted and everyone, make sure to make requests and i will do my best to accommodate!

Bad news fellas. NFS Shift disc got ringed. i have a friend who's gonna fix it for me, but it'll be a while before i can get it done. I'll still offer drifting advice to all who need it, and i'd be more than happy to assist with the tunes i have already set up. lemme know if you need anything!

Hi, I really suck at drifting, and I just don't seem to get the hang of it.

At what gears/speeds do you guys enter a typical corner?
most of the time I either 180, or I hit the wall on the inside of the corner, what am I doing wrong?

Hi, I really suck at drifting, and I just don't seem to get the hang of it.

At what gears/speeds do you guys enter a typical corner?
most of the time I either 180, or I hit the wall on the inside of the corner, what am I doing wrong?

ok, if you hit the wall on the INSIDE of the corner, odds are you are going too slow, are at too high of an angle, or a mixture of the two. try out one of the beginners cars setups i have, like the BMW 135i, and give it a go. if you are 180ing, then you need to remember that drifting is not racing. you don't have to hurry around the course, so feather the gas, take it slow, and make sure you don't oversteer the corner. on most long corners, you can typically get away with cranking the throttle, but i don't advise it.

ebisu touge course is hell for my works converted SRT10 lmfao

Ebisu is hell for most cars. Try the 135i set up that i posted, and make sure to crank the handbrake early before the clipping turns. i ran a 1640 or something like that with it. that plus the 135 is much more controllable in corners than the viper. i'm still working on a setup for it, but i'll get back to you asap.

Two questions:

what difficulty level do you play on for drifting? i play on pro or experienced when i'm playing normally, but for drifting it's hell. i have to use normal. what about you guys?

Do you guys have a tune for an e36 m3?

Two questions:

what difficulty level do you play on for drifting? i play on pro or experienced when i'm playing normally, but for drifting it's hell. i have to use normal. what about you guys?

Do you guys have a tune for an e36 m3?

I don't have a tune for the E36 just yet. i'm doing a completely professionally revised tune for the Supra, and haven't had time to do much of anything else. lol I will post one when i get done with this project.

I play on Pro. It takes a hell of a lot of getting used to, but it works perfectly for me.

I was wondering if you could give me a little help DriftKing. Well when i first starting playing shift i used the control and thought that i was a pretty decent drifter. I was good at counter steering and all that. Recently i have started using a wheel. im using dfgt, I seem to be absolutely horrible at drifting with it. I cant find the right settings at all. I have tried just about everything. I have recorded several videos and will post them if it will help you help me lol that sounds a bit funny. But thank you!

Hi, maybe i can help you. My personal steering wheel setup bring me to the first place in France during the last drift challenge on Ebisu (Touge) with the stock Toyota Supra.

Setup:

My best score on Ebisu: (it was an online one but it doesn't appear on the online leaderboard :ouch: )

My total score was 3502, so the setup isn't too bad. I hope you will be able to get a better feeling with this setup. But you really need to counter steer over 180° during tight corners. I hate drift, but i had some fun to play it like this.

Hi, maybe i can help you. My personal steering wheel setup bring me to the first place in France during the last drift challenge on Ebisu (Touge) with the stock Toyota Supra.

Setup:

My best score on Ebisu: (it was an online one but it doesn't appear on the online leaderboard :ouch: )

My total score was 3502, so the setup isn't too bad. I hope you will be able to get a better feeling with this setup. But you really need to counter steer over 180° during tight corners. I hate drift, but i had some fun to play it like this.

thank you! i will definitely try these settings when i get home from school and let you know how it goes. also what assists do you play with on while drifting? traction control? antilock brakes? stability control? im not sure if this could play any role in any of my problems lol

Normal mode for online record, Pro mode for a more realistic feeling.
All assists are off.
Don't give up, you will need a little practice to drift with your wheel. I had the same reaction when i bought my g27: i wasn't able to drive. But i have worked a lot to get equal score/laptime with my g27 as my ps3 controller.
And in fact, when you have mastered the handling of your steering wheel, you can do better score/laptime while playing with a basic controller.

I used all the settings you suggested. They seemed alright for drifting. I even liked it for actual racing too. But my biggest drifting problem still seems to be present. I will post up 4 different videos. 3 of them will be using to wheel all with different settings and the last one is me using my controller. You can see the drastic change. By biggest problem is when im coming out of a drift when trying to straighten out my car just turns completely sideways. It seems the only way i can control this well is using the controller

First video : All sensitivities at 50, all deadzones at 0, steering lock at 270= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p972Oz92OCE

Second Video : All sensitivities at 50, all deadzones at 0, steering lock at 900=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbh1Le_4Ck8

Third Video : All Default settings = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRLAGLnLC4

Fourth Video : Controller = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZq1fGcHJZo

I used the BMW 135i each time on the tokyo track. All tuning was followed by DaDriftingKing's recommendations on this car.

Thanks for all the help guys
And sorry for the bad video quality

I used all the settings you suggested. They seemed alright for drifting. I even liked it for actual racing too. But my biggest drifting problem still seems to be present. I will post up 4 different videos. 3 of them will be using to wheel all with different settings and the last one is me using my controller. You can see the drastic change. By biggest problem is when im coming out of a drift when trying to straighten out my car just turns completely sideways. It seems the only way i can control this well is using the controller

First video : All sensitivities at 50, all deadzones at 0, steering lock at 270= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p972Oz92OCE

Second Video : All sensitivities at 50, all deadzones at 0, steering lock at 900=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbh1Le_4Ck8

Third Video : All Default settings = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRLAGLnLC4

Fourth Video : Controller = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZq1fGcHJZo

I used the BMW 135i each time on the tokyo track. All tuning was followed by DaDriftingKing's recommendations on this car.

Thanks for all the help guys
And sorry for the bad video quality

If you wanna run Tokyo, I HIGHLY recommend that you use the RX-7, the 370Z, or the immensely powerful Supra. My highest scores outrank the highest of all the leaderboards. however, i didn't run them in online. lol

If you wanna run Tokyo, I HIGHLY recommend that you use the RX-7, the 370Z, or the immensely powerful Supra. My highest scores outrank the highest of all the leaderboards. however, i didn't run them in online. lol

okay. i will try those cars tomorrow and post some vids up. thanks

sorry for bein a little late. heres my vid of me using the rx-7 with your tune on tokyo.

settings are this
ALL deadzones: 0%
ALL sensitivities: 50%
speed steering sensitivity: 0
turning lock: 360
and Force Feedback: 0

I have found that the main reason i was having trouble before was because of such high force feedback so i just turned it completely off.

Anyway here is the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GklUuELszfI

Any tips?

sorry for bein a little late. heres my vid of me using the rx-7 with your tune on tokyo.

settings are this
ALL deadzones: 0%
ALL sensitivities: 50%
speed steering sensitivity: 0
turning lock: 360
and Force Feedback: 0

I have found that the main reason i was having trouble before was because of such high force feedback so i just turned it completely off.

Anyway here is the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GklUuELszfI

Any tips?

Not bad, but you're WAY too conservative with your speed. your scores will skyrocket when you learn how to keep a fast speed on the chicane and the last corner.

Not bad, but you're WAY too conservative with your speed. your scores will skyrocket when you learn how to keep a fast speed on the chicane and the last corner.

yeah i know exactly what you mean. Its just usually when i push the pedal all the way down the slightest movement on my wheel will send my car out of control and ruin my whole run.

yeah i know exactly what you mean. Its just usually when i push the pedal all the way down the slightest movement on my wheel will send my car out of control and ruin my whole run.

You need to burn it into the corner, and release the pedal as soon as you take the first right on the chicane, then crank the wheel, slam the throttle, and whip the car around to the left of the chicane. as soon as you whip it to the left, feather your way through the rest of the corner. i generally get between 1000-1500 points on the chicane alone.

Yo dk
why not try drifting on grip mode?
its a lot more realistic and more fun as you can twin and stuff...

it is a lot of fun and is much more difficult, but my purpose here is to provide setups for the actual drifting game mode. give me some time, and i'll see if i can't come up with something for you. For the most part, it has to do with the tires. drifting uses a special kind of racing slick that doesn't hold traction when it heats up. Racing (or grip) uses a high grip medium slick or medium soft tire, to better grip the track with, so it is more difficult. i have a friend who does this, so let me talk to him and get some ideas.

it is a lot of fun and is much more difficult, but my purpose here is to provide setups for the actual drifting game mode. give me some time, and i'll see if i can't come up with something for you. For the most part, it has to do with the tires. drifting uses a special kind of racing slick that doesn't hold traction when it heats up. Racing (or grip) uses a high grip medium slick or medium soft tire, to better grip the track with, so it is more difficult. i have a friend who does this, so let me talk to him and get some ideas.
Sweet
you up for a twin then?
cos i have a mate who makes some good setups, im just practising a lot

Latest Posts

Back