NFS Shift Drift Cars Setup

Alrighty, since i've been looking around the internet for people posting their drift tuned cars and their setups, I've noticed that there is not ONE thread with the Tuning for drift. So i decided to start one here. Let's get some serious setups here!

Hey i got a question for you DaDriftingKing.
Are your settings made for wheel or controller?, because im using the G25 wheel.

Hey i got a question for you DaDriftingKing.
Are your settings made for wheel or controller?, because im using the G25 wheel.

Hey I'm new to this sorry if I sent this MSG 3 times but I can't find where it was posted ok so once again can u do me 2 drift settings please 1. For the corolla ae86 and 2. The Nissan Silvia spec.R AERO (S15) found under car lot drift cars

Last edited by a moderator:
it is a lot of fun and is much more difficult, but my purpose here is to provide setups for the actual drifting game mode. give me some time, and i'll see if i can't come up with something for you. For the most part, it has to do with the tires. drifting uses a special kind of racing slick that doesn't hold traction when it heats up. Racing (or grip) uses a high grip medium slick or medium soft tire, to better grip the track with, so it is more difficult. i have a friend who does this, so let me talk to him and get some ideas.

Hey I'm new to this sorry if I sent this MSG 3 times but I can't find where it was posted ok so once again can u do me 2 drift settings please 1. For the corolla ae86 and 2. The Nissan Silvia spec.R AERO (S15) found under car lot drift cars

he dadriftking

if i may ask could u make a setup for the honda S2000
i really love that car and i tried and tried but nothing good
could u help me??

Hello everyone, i need your help. Can you help tune a BMW 135i so that i can Drift in Pro Mode?

Here's my setup as i begin to play and Drift:

url]

Well, I can see nobody's been on here in awhile but I just started playing shift with g27 wheel... please note that this is my first racing experience (gaming) too.

I can't drift worth s...!! Just wondering if someone can tell me if the tune settings DDK came up with work with the wheel...

another question: should I use the handbrake when using the wheel?

yet another question: this is more for DriftKing, but if someone else knows and is willing to do it then by all means...

Would it be possible to explain what each tune (setting) does? Maybe if I knew why you set a certain tune a certain way it'll help me to understand the basics of drifting a lot better. at least that's what I'm hoping for! lol!

I guess everyone that used to come here is on to another game... oh well... I gave up trying to drift with shift... it's terrible!

Your previous post, you admit this is the first game like this you've ever played, you don't even seem to know that handbrake use is pretty much ESSENTIAL to drift with (haven't you ever WATCHED any real drifting?!) and now, you are calling Shift 'terrible' because you can't seem to get it?

Yikes! :crazy:

But in this case is right Shift 1 was terrible for drifting, hell even NFS underground was better for drifting than shift 1.

But he was judging it in correctly. Shift's drifting may well have been sub-par, but c'mon!

No handbrake? No drifting game works well without that!

I'd tell the OP to read up on S2U and Gittin Jr's involvement. If he even KNOWS who he is...

Hi Everyone

I've got first in about 90% of the Drift races. Except for the Tokyo circuits and the really tight Ebisu one.

I'm using a fully tuned, engine-swopped BMW 325i (The old one) for drifting. I'm guessing 1200hp is a bit overkill for drifting though.

Can anyone help me set it up properly for drifting, at the moment its using the default settings, with maximum steering lock.

Also what are the best tires? I'm using the full race slicks.

I also have no idea how to setup my suspension settings and stuff like camber and caster.

Anyone have settings for Shift 2? I've been using the S13 they give you and doing ok with it, but I also have the S15 and Redbull RX8 I would like to use but not sure what settings I should be using. Also I'm on PS3.

Hey could someone please post Drift settings for the AE86, im struggling at the moment. i know this car has great potential,would like to bring the best out of it

Regards
Kyle

Hi Everyone

I've got first in about 90% of the Drift races. Except for the Tokyo circuits and the really tight Ebisu one.

I'm using a fully tuned, engine-swopped BMW 325i (The old one) for drifting. I'm guessing 1200hp is a bit overkill for drifting though.

Can anyone help me set it up properly for drifting, at the moment its using the default settings, with maximum steering lock.

Also what are the best tires? I'm using the full race slicks.

I also have no idea how to setup my suspension settings and stuff like camber and caster.

You could search google on general tuning tips for real-life drifting!
Something like "suspension tuning for drift" maybe?

I found this and this article and they seem to have some interesting tips that could work on Shift 2.
I guess steering lock, differential, suspension and camber are the settings that could make the biggest difference...

Also this wikipedia article on drifting has some nice generic drift tuning tips.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! I'm terrible at drifting, but using the Nissan 370Z I was able to beat the rival 👍 I was really wondering if I'd ever be able to do that lol.

I have recently been doing alot o driftin and using car setups from this site but after watching the film Tokyo drift I wanted to make a car like the ford mustang and the closet thing was the shelby gt500 so here is the setup for the car

Best Tracks: ALL

TIRES AND BRAKES

Front Tire Pressure: 33.33
Rear Tire Pressure: 36.09
Brake Balance: 63.00

ALIGNMENT

Steering Lock: 21.00
Caster Angle: 3.00
Front Toe Angle: -0.10
Rear Toe Angle: 0.10
Front Camber: -3.50
Rear Camber: -2.40
Front Ride Height: 75.00
Rear Ride Height: 90.00

SPRINGS AND DAMPERS

Front Sway Bar: 228.41
Rear Sway Bar: 199.86
Front Spring Rate: 371.17
Rear Spring Rate: 342.62
Front Bump Stop Length: 0.00
Rear Bump Stop Length: 0.00
Front Damper Slow Bump: 3,000.00
Rear Damper Slow Bump: 3,000.00
Front Damper Fast Bump: 1,500.00
Rear Damper Fast Bump: 1,500.00
Front Damper Slow Rebound: 4,000.00
Rear Damper Slow Rebound: 5,000.00
Front Damper Fast Rebound: 2,000.00
Rear Damper Fast Rebound: 3,000.00

DIFFERENTIAL

Limited Slip Acceleration Lock: 100.00
Limited Slip Deceleration Lock: 100.00
Limited Slip Preload: 80.00

GEARING (Can vary from course to course)

Final Drive: 5.89
1st Gear: 2.62
2nd Gear: 1.77
3rd Gear: 1.39
4th Gear: 1.17
5th Gear: 0.90
6th Gear: 0.78

AERODYNAMICS

Front Downforce: 10.00
Rear Downforce: 12.00
Cooler Radiator Opening: 0.00
Brake Duct Opening: 1.00

I have made a video if this car and my other drift cars in action so click the link comment subscribe whatever cheers http://m.youtube.com/?tsp=1#/profile?user=bmxbethell&v=tW1da0aECmI&view=videos

how do i beat the score in miami park with Vaughn Gittin Jr, the scores just to much to take off...tried supra, a386,350z everything. someone help please

Hi, Driftking. Forgive me if this sounds dumb but what upgrades are you installing on the BMW 135i Coupe and the Nissan 350 (Z33)? i just get easliy confused by the "stage 3" tuned and so on... any help would be AWESOME! Thanks!

drift king....a very very big thanks for ur setups..... i was about to dump the game cause i couldn't drift at all.....ur setups saved me dude....u r the DK of the gtplanet mate.....thanks a lot
cheers!!!!

Hi DriftKing.
I would like you to test a setup i made.
it's not very complicated.
It's for the toyota corrola GTS.
I tested the Corrola on Tokyo.

stage 1:

Brake
suspension
tires

Stage 2:

Engine

Stage 3:

Drivetrain

Tuning:
all stock except differential
limited slip acceleration lock 25.00
limited slip deceleration lock 25.00
limited slip preload 40.00

I want you to judge it and maybe make improvements to it.
Sorry if i spelled something wrong, english is my second language.
NightShadowDK

how do i beat the score in miami park with Vaughn Gittin Jr, the scores just to much to take off...tried supra, a386,350z everything. someone help please

Yes it's hard, but i think the key is to set game difficulty to Easy and hit restart every time you see Vaughn in first place with the Highest score. The score to beat is in top right corner with name who did it. You only need to be in second place and some other dude in first. Vaughn in this way will be in third and will loose two value points to you in entire championship. In order to beat Vaughn you don't have to win every track but you can be second in final score but Vaughn must be behind you in third. You will still defeat him and this will count to "Beat All the Rivals trophy"

Sooooooo, I, a terrible drifter, was able to drift better in the Supra than any other one of your setups... Did I break logic? Or did I find my new favorite car. :)

Hi folks,

Sorry to bump and old thread, but I was hoping to use some of the setups listed here, only for some of the numbers the in-game adjusments don't seem to match. e.g. for the toe settings, I can't go to -ve numbers, and can only go from 0.00 to 43.00 in 1.00 increments, but the setups here have toe in -0.10 or 0.10 etc (which is more realistic anyhow).

Is there some patch for the PC version I'm missing that changes this?

Hi folks,

Sorry to bump and old thread, but I was hoping to use some of the setups listed here, only for some of the numbers the in-game adjusments don't seem to match. e.g. for the toe settings, I can't go to -ve numbers, and can only go from 0.00 to 43.00 in 1.00 increments, but the setups here have toe in -0.10 or 0.10 etc (which is more realistic anyhow).

Is there some patch for the PC version I'm missing that changes this?

I was about to ask exactly the same question. I tried to copy some of the setups from this thread so I can get the drift events done, and most of the numbers in DaDriftKing's setups don't have any resemblance to the range of options given to me on the PS3:confused:.

I realise DaDriftKing hasnt been online for quite a while, but I hope someone can answer, and better yet, translate the setups to match the PS3 sliders.

EDIT the next day: I'm not really bothered anymore, I finished all of the drift events using the Drift Alliance car that you get given. No need to go near that game mode again :)

Last edited:
Back