NFS Shift Online Endurance Challange

• Thread starter Mohamu
  • 502 comments
GTP_AndrewG
Xbox sucks :)
Welcome to the Online Endurance Challenge!

04.jpg

Rules:
- No driving aids
- If you want to use automatic gearbox (mainly if you use a pad) it is up to you
- Gentl and fair racing
- One restart in the first 2 laps if you get disconnected, max 2 restart per race​

Conditions:

- 1 or 2 race / every week
- I post the actual car and track combo min. 2 days before the race​

For the guys who want to join:
Step1: please post you want to join
Step2: be online on PSN before the races, accept the invitation for the text-chat I'll send to everybody
Step3: be sure you have the right cars for the actual week
Step4: be sure you have all of our PSN names on your friendlist
Step5: race fair and gentl​

Members and their PSN names
Mohamu: mohamu26
Shark33: x33shark33x & Shark33
Lefty: Leftywright69 c GTP_LeftyWright
Addictions: adddictions & GTP_adddictions
lukeconnelly: akmuq
Octane-Junky: Octane-Junky
magicaldog: magicaldog
tribolik: tribolik
Juanpaguilera: Juanpagui​
I want to ask you guys to be sure you have every other drivers from this list on your PSN friendlist

Videos

This week: BMW race weekend
19/09/2010 Sunday, 19:00 GMT To make sure you can join the races: Countdown
Race 1
  • BMW M1
  • stock
  • 25 laps on spa
Race 2
  • BMW M3 GT2 reward car
  • Stock
  • 4 laps on the Ring

The final runs
26/09/2010 Sunday, 19:00 GMT To make sure you can join the races: Countdown
Race 1
  • Porsche 911 GT2
  • Stock
  • 4 laps on the Ring
Race 2
  • BMW M1 Procar
  • Stock
  • 20 laps on SPA

Bonus runs round 1
03/10/2010 Sunday, 19:00 GMT To make sure you can join the races: Countdown
Race 1
  • Subaru Impreza
  • Works
  • 4 laps on the Ring
Race 2
  • Mitsubishi EVO 9
  • Max upgraded
  • 20 laps on Donnington GP

Bonus runs round 2
10/10/2010 Sunday, 19:00 GMT To make sure you can join the races: Countdown
Race 1
  • Audi RS4
  • Max upgraded
  • 20 laps on Autopolis GP
Race 2
  • Nissan GT-R (R34)
  • Works
  • 20 laps on SPA

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to make an endurance nordschleife online race for 10 or 14 rated cars every weekend for PS3 gamers.

If anybody is interested in it, please write to me including with his/her nickname in PS3 shift network to be easyer to invite them as friends. (I'm mohamu26 in)

The races would start at aprox. 18:00 CET

I prefer people who drive with a g25 with manual clutch, and who wants to play fair (no corner cuttings, no hard bumpings, etc.)

Waiting for candidates (and manual clutch fans)!

How many laps are you proposing to do?

I'm very interested! (this time all my races would be recorded!) If you setup a race in unranked match that probably you could set for not more than 5 laps. There is no 10 or more, just 5 laps. But i have to check that while ill be in my apartment.

As i remember correctly first league race was setup for 5 laps in Audi TT. That last around 40 minutes.

If you want to race in 14 rating cars (hi there my little audi) then 5 laps would take 35 minutes (+,-)

I will send you my invite tonight.

As for manual clutch I've been using Automatic gearbox, didn't bother to care for gearing and didn't want to do that because I'm using Rally technique called left foot breaking. So this kind of meeting would be great opportunity for me to finally do it 👍 I will treat this gathering as learning lessons. Didn't expect any lap records from me, i will lose gears, i will forgot to down-shift while breaking, learning is painful hehe :sly:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to make an endurance nordschleife online race for 10 or 14 rated cars every weekend for PS3 gamers.

If anybody is interested in it, please write to me including with his/her nickname in PS3 shift network to be easyer to invite them as friends. (I'm mohamu26 in)

I prefer people who drive with a g25 with manual clutch, and who wants to play fair (no corner cuttings, no hard bumpings, etc.)

i am in as long as the car rating does not fall below 10 and i am G25 user with full H pattern and clutch i dont see the point in me having the clutch and H pattern and not using it :lol: that is probably why i am not as fast as i could be.
i dont know about you but for some reason i keep right foot braking when i should be on the brake with my left foot and only switching for the clutch its funny as i dont right foot brake in my real car so i dont know why i am in the habit of doing it on the G25

I'm very interested! (this time all my races would be recorded!) If you setup a race in unranked match that probably you could set for not more than 5 laps. There is no 10 or more, just 5 laps. But i have to check that while ill be in my apartment.

As i remember correctly first league race was setup for 5 laps in Audi TT. That last around 40 minutes.

If you want to race in 14 rating cars (hi there my little audi) then 5 laps would take 35 minutes (+,-)

As for manual clutch I've been using Automatic gearbox, didn't bother to care for gearing and didn't want to do that because I'm using Rally technique called left foot breaking. So this kind of meeting would be great opportunity for me to finally do it 👍 I will treat this gathering as learning lessons. Didn't expect any lap records from me, i will lose gears, i will forgot to down-shift while breaking, learning is painful hehe :sly:

OK!

It sounds Great!

If it is good for you let's make this race at 21:00 CET, that time I will be at home.
I'm not a prof:) yet in this game, buti it will be fun!

Just send me (mohamu26) a friend invitaton from the ps3 system, and we will meet.

probaly not the thread to ask but hayho
i learn to left foot brake years ago at every mans rally school
but i would like to know on the G25 ect if your car has a sequencal gear box can fitted in the game can you use the G25 like 1 of those
i can left foot brake with a H pattern in real life anyway but just thought i'd ask
PS
I race with a pad
i'm not the fastest nor the slowest
but if you want a grid position filling send me an invite:tup:

Last edited:
i am in as long as the car rating does not fall below 10 and i am G25 user with full H pattern and clutch i dont see the point in me having the clutch and H pattern and not using it :lol: that is probably why i am not as fast as i could be.
i dont know about you but for some reason i keep right foot braking when i should be on the brake with my left foot and only switching for the clutch its funny as i dont right foot brake in my real car so i dont know why i am in the habit of doing it on the G25

Dear "THE HOG",

You will be welcome at any time for a good race!
Maybe tonight at 21 CET?:)
I realy not often go under 10, sometimes 6.
Just pay attention for fair racing.
It would be great if you could invite me as a friend trough the ps3 network

Have a nice day

Dear "THE HOG",

You will be welcome at any time for a good race!
Maybe tonight at 21 CET?:)
I realy not often go under 10, sometimes 6.
Just pay attention for fair racing.
It would be great if you could invite me as a friend trough the ps3 network

Have a nice day

Sure i am in, i have to work out what time that is in uk time ??

I think it is 20:00 in UK time

sure mate i will add you on psn and be on for about 7.30 to 8.15, dam i better rest my shoulders as last time i did 3 laps of nurburg my shoulders went so tight that i had to stop becase the pain became unbearable i can just imagine what its going to be like after 5 laps :lol:

I would suggest maybe going halfway first. Try using manual box but with the sequential gearbox (I think I'm right in saying you have a G25), that way you have the best of both worlds, you can select your own gears but still left foot brake. The clutch adds a whole new dimension to difficulty and, as I'm sure your aware, the green hell is none too forgiving!!

probaly not the thread to ask but hayho
i learn to left foot brake years ago at every mans rally school
but i would like to know on the G25 ect if your car has a sequencal gear box can fitted in the game can you use the G25 like 1 of those
i can left foot brake with a H pattern in real life anyway but just thought i'd ask
PS
I race with a pad
i'm not the fastest nor the slowest
but if you want a grid position filling send me an invite:tup:

Yep, the G25 can be in full H pattern with clutch mode, or switched to sequential where you can either use up/down on the stick or the paddles. There is also the option to use the H pattern without the clutch so anything goes really. I used to use the pad and all I can say is that the G25 was the best investment I ever made (for GT and NFS)

Hi everyone!

I haven't played SHIFT in ages and am considering joining. However, it would be helpful to me if you could finalize your preferences. I'd like to know in advance what ranked car you will be using, not a possible range of cars ?

Also you state that you want to do this every weekend ..... when exactly is that ? You state here also that you want to do it this evening which is Friday. My question is I guess if you consider a Friday, to be the "weekend" ? For eveyone's sake, it might be better to pin down a specific day so that people can plan ahead to be available :)

I just realized what CET is and apparently, I was confused so please forgive me :dunce:

Last edited:
I really dont find the clutch a problem really of course i would be so much faster without it but the challenge would be gone.
The only gripe i find is that i rest my foot on the clutch 2 long and leave all the work to my right foot, i dont have this problem with my real car i left foot brake all the time.

hopefully tonight i will have some good track time to break this bad habit of mine

Hey guys i know its not the thread for it but do you guys get any advantage with heel toe gear changing as i find it very affective in games like GTR EVO etc etc but on shift i find it to be ineffective so ineffective that it is not worth doing.
i just wonder if have my pedal sensitivity and dead zone wrong

thanks for that DGIANT

HOG i'm almost 99% sure CET is 1hour after our WET (western european time =GMT)

Last edited:
I would suggest maybe going halfway first. Try using manual box but with the sequential gearbox (I think I'm right in saying you have a G25), that way you have the best of both worlds, you can select your own gears but still left foot brake. The clutch adds a whole new dimension to difficulty and, as I'm sure your aware, the green hell is none too forgiving!!

I'm using classic H pattern in my real life car, but in games always use Automatic or semi-sequential. I know that this run it's probably going to be Disaster for me :cheers: It's not like I'm trying to win this time. At least i'' try to not be left to much behind. New experience for me 👍

Hi everyone!

About the race details:

- It would be good if everyone should come with an Audi RS4 (14.00 rating if I'm right)
- No driving aids (no ABS too), Professional settings, If possible H pattern shifter with manual clutch.
-Start at 21:00 (Central European Time, +1 hour to GMT) (if this is good for everyone we can make it on every friday and saturday)
- no corner cutting, or hard bumping(if possible)

At first time (today's first race) I think 3 laps will be enough, maybe someone needs to change car,etc

This race is not for "blood", I mean some of us is just now trying their shifter or car-setup first time, so be patient with them please

If someone can't come today, there will be recorded races so you can decide this race is for your skill, or not:)

Ill join, i use a DFGT my PSN name for shift is: Nuclearfire,
my one question is are we going to tune the cars or will we run stock ill race either way but im not good at tuning

OH no ABS! so i will not race tonight. I did some practice on my own, and that was a Horror for me :) But i will join you NEXT FRIDAY for sure 👍

I need to slowly learn the H gearbox and Clutch.

Hi everyone!

About the race details:

- It would be good if everyone should come with an Audi RS4 (14.00 rating if I'm right)
- No driving aids (no ABS too), Professional settings, If possible H pattern shifter with manual clutch.
-Start at 21:00 (Central European Time, +1 hour to GMT) (if this is good for everyone we can make it on every friday and saturday)
- no corner cutting, or hard bumping(if possible)

At first time (today's first race) I think 3 laps will be enough, maybe someone needs to change car,etc

This race is not for "blood", I mean some of us is just now trying their shifter or car-setup first time, so be patient with them please

If someone can't come today, there will be recorded races so you can decide this race is for your skill, or not:)
start 21.00 CET = 20.00 GMT

Not a bad race even tho we had so meany connections./

The RS4 surprised me tonight once i dialed in T12'S tune in, the 1st lap i gave it all and i am glad i did becase on the second lap i started to get frame freeze instead of slow down knocked me off the track a few times.

the last time i looked at the time i had it down to 7.09.780 and i feel i could get it under the 7 min mark with a few more runs in the car, the car seems to handle a lot like the R8 but a bit more heavy and more torque which means it needs a lot of aggression when throwing the body weight about.

its bin a while since i attacked the ring on a full on session and it showed me how rusty i am on the track if we could do this on another night so it does not conflict with the racing league i will be happy to join.

Hi everyone,

The next race is comming this weekend, but we are not sure exactly when yet.

It depends on the others, what time is the best for everyone, and not to be in the same time of the GTP racing league.

Those, who want to play with us would send us a PM with his/her PSN nick, to test their skills before the race. We will invite people only who are really correct, just like the drivers in the GTP racing league. So if you're intersted write a PM to "Shark33" (known as x33shark33x in PSN) or to me (mohamu26) and we'll check a good date for everyone for the testing runs.

I am in for this, i am really rusty on the nurburg and its a shame as its my fav track, any day is fine with me as long as its not saterday at 9.30pm as that is the league days

I am in for this, i am really rusty on the nurburg and its a shame as its my fav track, any day is fine with me as long as its not saterday at 9.30pm as that is the league days

It is ok, and you'll be welcome!
Actually I don't think I have to test your skills as I wrote abowe for the other ones:)

It is ok, and you'll be welcome!
Actually I don't think I have to test your skills as I wrote abowe for the other ones:)

Sweet i will look forward to it nothing better than some nurburg action and no ABS in the rules suits me fine as in the league i find that i have to brake sooner with no ABS Than the people using ABS.

Back