NFS-Shift Weekly Online Racing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MannyMoenjack1
picture.php

Need For Speed – Shift GTP Racing League

This is a new weekly racing series that will feature three 10-lap races per meeting. The total time online is expected to be a bit more than 1 hour depending on the length of the tracks chosen each week.

If you are a clean racer, tired of the cut-throat public servers and using the PS3 to play NFS Shift online, you are welcome to join us. The game limits us to 12 cars/race. Please PM me about available spots.

Note: This page will be updated after each race weekend.

RULES:

To keep things fair a few rules of course, are necessary.

• All drivers must use Pro Handling mode.
We know what to look for, and it is not difficult to spot when people are driving in Experienced or Normal difficulty mode and you will be ejected from the group for cheating.
  • All driving assists (traction and stability control) must be off. If you want to use ABS braking that’s up to you.

• No cutting corners and chicanes. At least 2 tires should remain on the track at all times (unless of course you are in the process of wrecking your car in which case, have at it!). We can’t obviously enforce this rule in most cases, but try to keep the car on the track.

• Use of Nitrous is OK

A microphone/headset is of course optional, but highly recommended. Racing incidents happen even to the best drivers and a simple muttered apology will go a long way toward avoiding hard feelings.

Race Weekend Format (Subject to change)

1. Race One: A Manufacturers Race

2. Race Two: A Manufacturers Race

3. Race Three: A specified maximun Car Rating where drivers can use any Personal Car & tuning setting within the rating limits.

The host for the week will designate which car is to be used, the upgrades allowed and tuning parameters to be used. Tire pressures, and Steering Lock may be adjusted to user preference.

Note: The racing format has been changed on 01/12/10, from the original because of framerate slowdown and connection issues with full lobbies.

Need For Speed – Shift GTP Racing League Race Schedule: Season 1:

Week 5 of 5
Need For Speed – Shift GTP Racing League: Week 5
Race Schedule for Saturday January 30th, 2010.
Start Time: 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time for US and Canada, 10:00pm for the folks in the UK, 11:00pm for Poland and 9:00am Sunday January 10th for Australia.

1. Race 1: (Manufacturer Race Lobby) : The first race will be run on the London Royal Mile Track, (not to be confused with London River). Our car will be the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

2. Race 2: (Mixed Race Lobby): Our second race takes us to the land of the rising sun and the tricky Tokyo Circuit. The cars to be used will be drivers choice with a Car Rating not higher than 14.

3. Race 3: (Mixed Race Lobby) : The Series Finale will take place in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin at the Road America track. The cars to be used will be drivers choice with a Car Rating of Unlimited.

Group Asignments for Week 5

Points System:
1st Place = 8 pts, 2nd = 6pts, 3rd = 4pts, 4th = 3pts, 5th = 2pts, 6th = 1pt. Fastest Lap = 1pt.

After the Fifth and Final Weekend in Season 1 the Results are as follows:

Congratulations to darkos as the Season 1 Champion!:gtpflag::cheers::bowdown::cheers:

Last edited:
As far car ratings you could do 6, 10 & 14. I like the idea of using specific cars and tunes.

kjb
As far car ratings you could do 6, 10 & 14. I like the idea of using specific cars and tunes.

Maybe we could satisfy both the pure drivers and the driver/tuners.
How about this...

1. Race One: A specific car using an unaltered Terronium-12 or agreed on private tune.
  2. Race Two: A specified maximum car rating, where drivers can use any car and any tune they want within the rating.
  3. Race 3: Using a Reward Car, Manufacturers Car or even a classic Muscle Car with a T-12 tune.

Maybe in that way we can include as many different types of players as possible, and that way if a person is not into the tuning aspect of the game he/she can still win the weekend by taking the first and third races.

1. Race One: A specific car using an unaltered Terronium-12 or agreed on private tune.
  2. Race Two: A specified maximum car rating, where drivers can use any car and any tune they want within the rating.
  3. Race 3: Using a Reward Car, Manufacturers Car or even a classic Muscle Car with a T-12 tune.

I think this format would be fantastic, it would make for some close racing and variety in the races. The closest and most enjoyable races I have had on-line have been with my cars rated 14 and Manufacturers race of car rating 14.
I like the idea of the three races and 10 laps a race. 10 laps gives you time, if you stuff up a lap, to catch back up.
Great work Manny, keep it up and we'll have a great day of racing.
The team racing thing, I have only had one race in it and not shore how to set that race up. Team racing was good, you could pick one of your cars but your car was either blue or red, it was a fun race.

I think this format would be fantastic, it would make for some close racing and variety in the races. The closest and most enjoyable races I have had on-line have been with my cars rated 14 and Manufacturers race of car rating 14.
I like the idea of the three races and 10 laps a race. 10 laps gives you time, if you stuff up a lap, to catch back up.
Great work Manny, keep it up and we'll have a great day of racing.
The team racing thing, I have only had one race in it and not shore how to set that race up. Team racing was good, you could pick one of your cars but your car was either blue or red, it was a fun race.

Good! I think there are a lot of people who've given up on Shift because the online play is so haphazard. But every driver from this forum that I've raced has been clean and competitive. I think if we can organize this and get races of 5 or more people, it'd be really fun.

On a personal note, I've found that having a microphone goes a long way toward avoiding misunderstandings. Nitrovious and I tangled several times the other day, and a simple "whoops, sorry about that" is a whole lot better than silence. (and I can't type worth a dam* when I'm driving!) :)

This is starting to take shape now, were going to have our selves something quite good here finally some good clean racing.

The mics or a good idea like you say as accidents do happen, The odd time i will be to close and some one will slam on there brake's and get rear shafted by the front of my car.
But if i cause them to spin out by rear ending them i always slow down and let them past me.

And we should really think about team racing i entred one today and i must say it was fun even tho it was a destruction derby, but with good racers it could be quite a fun and challenging race.

This is starting to take shape now, were going to have our selves something quite good here finally some good clean racing.

The mics or a good idea like you say as accidents do happen, The odd time i will be to close and some one will slam on there brake's and get rear shafted by the front of my car.
But if i cause them to spin out by rear ending them i always slow down and let them past me.

And we should really think about team racing i entred one today and i must say it was fun even tho it was a destruction derby, but with good racers it could be quite a fun and challenging race.

I'll have to look further into the Team Racing. Maybe we could add that as a seperate race or even a different event altogether.

Sounds good guys, when are you thinking of starting this?

No time like the present!

Unless there are objections I suggest we have the first Series this coming Saturday. That would be January 2nd for most of us, (Sunday January 3rd for our friend MrB).

I'll work up the details for the first series and a few rules later today. :)

Need For Speed – Shift GTP Racing League

This is a new weekly racing series that will feature three 10-lap races per meeting. The total time online is expected to be a bit more than 1 hour depending on the length of the tracks chosen each week.

Any clean racer tired of the cut-throat public servers and using the PS3 to play NFS Shift online can join the league at any time. Just let whoever is hosting the race that week know you want in so he add you to his friends list. And send a certified check or money order for $100 to me, MannyMoenjack… kidding!

RULES:

To keep things fair a few rules of course, are necessary.
• All drivers must use Pro Handling mode.

• All driving assists (traction and stability control) must be off. If you want to use ABS braking that’s up to you.

• No cutting corners and chicanes. At least 2 tires should remain on the track at all times (unless of course you are in the process of wrecking your car in which case, have at it!). We can’t obviously enforce this rule in most cases, but try to keep the car on the track.

• Use of Nitrous is OK

• A microphone/headset is of course optional, but highly recommended. Racing incidents happen even to the best drivers and a simple muttered apology will go a long way toward avoiding hard feelings.

Race Schedule for Saturday January 2nd, 2010.

Start Time: 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time for US and Canada, 10:00pm for the folks in the UK, and 9:00am Sunday January 3rd for our Aussie Racers.

1. Race 1: The Inaugural NFS Shift Race will take place at the World Famous Silverstone Gran Prix Raceway in heart of central England.
The car to be used will be the brilliant and slightly scary McLaren F1.
The tuning settings for the F1 will be from Renown Tuning™

EDIT: 12/30/09 Terronium posted a new McLaren F1 Silverstone Edition tune on the Renown Tuning thread. I've tried it and it's very fast and designed specifically for this track. You are free to use either the new or old tune for Saturday's race.

2. Race 2: Our second race will take us across the Channel to Southern Belgium and the intimidating Circuit de Spa Francorchamps for an evening race of 10 laps.
The car to be used will be your choice with a Car Rating of 10 Maximum. You can use any tune you can invent, borrow or steal.

3. Race 3: Our penultimate race of the weekend will take place at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.

The car to be used in this race will be any of the classic cars featured in the recent DLC. These include: 1967 Shelby GT-500 Mustang, 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T, 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, and the 1967 Corvette Stingray.
WARNING: The Corvette is the most powerful car in the classic car series at a car rating of 12.30, so if you pick one of the other cars you may be putting yourself at a disadvantage.

The tuning settings for this race are flexible, however I recommend using Renown Tuning’s™ excellent setups, which you can adjust for this particular track.

And there we have it. The first weekend of the Shift GTP Racing League is officially announced.

As I’m a reasonable person, any suggestions or advice will be considered seriously before being discarded out of hand… kidding!

I’ll be out and about for a bit today but I’ll look in again later this evening….

Last edited:
COUNT ME IN FOR ALL.

I am so excited for this i really don't know if i can wait until saturday lol, finally some good solid exiting racing.

Think i need to get some practice in with the mclaren F1 and the classics never drive them before, and make a 10 rating car as i have never race them maybe there could be some thought as to change it to rating 14.00 but if not i don't care i have plenty of time to get a 10.00 rating car done and get to grips with.

This is gonna be a first attempt that will decide about future races. We are gonna be expecting PROBLEMS WITH CONNECTIONS and probably DISCONNECTIONS from race. If there will be more than 6 players probably problems with video frames may occur.

So treat it as a worm up.

This is gonna be a first attempt that will decide about future races. We are gonna be expecting PROBLEMS WITH CONNECTIONS and probably DISCONNECTIONS from race. If there will be more than 6 players probably problems with video frames may occur.

So treat it as a worm up.

Well, worms or no worms somebody will be racing on Saturday! :lol:

I am a bit concerned about lag particularly from MrB in SE Austrailia, but I've raced many times with people from the UK, Europe and Western Canada with nobody reporting any problems.

As far as the frame rate problems... I'm not sure, but I haven't ever seen any framerate problems with online play. I thought that was only an issue when playing Quick Race or Career Mode, where the one PS3 had to do the processing for all the AI drivers. Maybe someone more knowlegable can comment on that.

OMG just drive the mclaren F1 its an animal:scared::scared:.
No way can you blip that throttle in and out of corners in standard tune with out it trying to kill you, this is going to be a challenge.

As far as the frame rate problems... I'm not sure, but I haven't ever seen any framerate problems with online play.

As far as I know, Shift tries to pick the "best" dedicated server for hosting Shift games (mostly works, but gets a bit rough when everyone is physically 100ms+
at lightspeed away from each other minimum), and the AI and network synchronisation would run on them rather than on any PS3 client.

Hi people.
I am planning on hosting a team race tomorrow night from 9 o'clock onwards depending on how Meany people join.
Thought it would be good so we can all get a go at team racing and see if it will be suitable for the race meets.

It will be the nurburgring (full) first off then open to requests for the rest of the tracks, take note that if a lot of people join it will probably be best to select a large track with wide bends just makes it a easyer to drive clean.

Also rating 14.00 max just so the racing is close so we can get a good feel for it and i am to rusty with my Zonda:indiff:.

So if you are interested leave your add name below and i will add you and send out invites when its ready.

P.s the day and time is negociable if it does not suit people

The races look excellent Manny, great job, I'll be there, looking forward to three great races. I will have to have a look to see what rated 10 cars I have, I don't think I have many but will make up one if I haven't got a good 10 car.
With the LAG and DISCONNECTIONS, I have had no problems on-line so far and I race on-line all the time. My Internet runs at 5Mb/sec and is fast so should not be a problem.
One car I haven't raced much is the McLaren F1. I sold it to make way for the Dodge Viper (Works), what a beast of a car. I'll get another McLaren F1 for this weekends race.
As far as Frame rate problems go in Quick Race or Career Mode, I have had no frame rate problems what so ever in on-line racing so far.
Now all I have to do is get up out of bed on Sunday morning. :crazy:

OMG just drive the mclaren F1 its an animal:scared::scared:.
No way can you blip that throttle in and out of corners in standard tune with out it trying to kill you, this is going to be a challenge.

Yeah, you've got to use Terronium's tune or the thing is all over the place. He really made it managable. It's not easy to drive if you have a lead-foot, but it's one of my favorites.

kjb
I'm going to try really hard to be this race.

Lock the door... and wear headphones... :lol:

The races look excellent Manny, great job, I'll be there, looking forward to three great races. I will have to have a look to see what rated 10 cars I have, I don't think I have many but will make up one if I haven't got a good 10 car.
With the LAG and DISCONNECTIONS, I have had no problems on-line so far and I race on-line all the time. My Internet runs at 5Mb/sec and is fast so should not be a problem.
One car I haven't raced much is the McLaren F1. I sold it to make way for the Dodge Viper (Works), what a beast of a car. I'll get another McLaren F1 for this weekends race.
As far as Frame rate problems go in Quick Race or Career Mode, I have had no frame rate problems what so ever in on-line racing so far.
Now all I have to do is get up out of bed on Sunday morning. :crazy:

I'm glad to hear that you haven't had problems. I was wondering about that.

Actually Rating 10 has the most diversity. Most of the Tier 1, and almost all the Tier 2 & 3 cars can be upgraded to fit under Rating 10. Have fun picking the right one! :)

Hi people.
I am planning on hosting a team race tomorrow night from 9 o'clock onwards depending on how Meany people join.
Thought it would be good so we can all get a go at team racing and see if it will be suitable for the race meets.

It will be the nurburgring (full) first off then open to requests for the rest of the tracks, take note that if a lot of people join it will probably be best to select a large track with wide bends just makes it a easyer to drive clean.

Also rating 14.00 max just so the racing is close so we can get a good feel for it and i am to rusty with my Zonda:indiff:.

So if you are interested leave your add name below and i will add you and send out invites when its ready.

P.s the day and time is negociable if it does not suit people

I'm on vacation all this week so if there are no unplanned events (in-laws visit etc.), I'll check in and see what the team thing is all about. 👍

I will try and be there. Thanks for setting this up MMJ. 👍

Cool. I will confirm when I plug the internet back into my ps3. Just now I am playing Shift on the PS with GTP and MSN on the PC :P

I like good clean racing(which as we all know is very hard to get on shift) so i was thinking to give it a try with you guys,is it possible? If so please add me up.PSN ID :arvore:tup:

I like good clean racing(which as we all know is very hard to get on shift) so i was thinking to give it a try with you guys,is it possible? If so please add me up.PSN ID :arvore:tup:

Sure, no problem. I'll send out a friend request.

In case any of you missed it on the previous page... Our friend Terronium-12, after recieving my certified check for $150, agreed to come up with an RT Track Special Silverstone Edition McLaren F1 tune. It's posted on the Renown Tuning thread.

I've tried it, and even before I'd really gotten used to it, I cut 3 seconds off my previous fastest time on that track with that car. It's really good.

And even though I tried to convince him not to share it with anyone else so I could blow the doors off of the rest of the field, he persuaded me that in the intrests of fairplay and good sportsmanship and all that crap... and anyway it's posted now on the RT thread.

(PS. I'm just kidding about not wanting him to share the tune, and the bribe wasn't nearly that much) :lol:

1. I am planning on hosting a team race tomorrow night from 9 o'clock onwards depending on how Meany people join.

2. It will be the nurburgring (full)

3. i am to rusty with my Zonda:indiff:.

1. count me in dude 👍
2. my favorite :sly:
3. Yeah i notice that yesterday ;)

As for the rest of worm up meeting and the cars let it would be max rating 14.00, you could set up for more laps at Nordschleife. Because it would be in private room so let say at least 5 laps to 10 maximum. So in this way the players would stretch during laps. There is a plenty room for overtaking in this track, as in real life even the attempts to beat lap times are taken with the grid of other drivers.

And last thing, the night 9 o clock of what time zone ? Just calculate on forums time

Sure, no problem. I'll send out a friend request.

Thanks man.I would like to leave a suggestion for future events,if you don't mind:

Despite of being greatly aprecciated of Terronium's tunes i think(for the future that is) one of the races in the event could be made with a stock car-no upgrades nor setups-because probably it will be more competitive for all drivers and make this race more even and close pack.Well thats only a tought...fell free to disregard it if it doesn't suit the majority of the competitors.
Thanks anyway for putting this up and allowing me in...👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back