NFS-Shift Weekly Online Racing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like watching the Hog video's because his commentary reminds me of ... Me! The only difference is I usually have the wife on her laptop or reading in the same room so I've somewhat learned to control my outbursts. But the inner demon inside my head makes Hog's commentary sound like a Sunday school teacher. I just wish I had more of a dedicated set up like Manny's and the Hogs..

believe me mate if i had messed up 1 more corner you would have seen my G25 be thrown straight through my LCD TV :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure I would have done "much" better but I would have at least been able to race alongside the other guys :P No hard feelings though mate. I know for definate that it wasn't deliberate. 👍
About ten minutes before the race I noticed that for my Gayardo (thats catching on, SteveO :lol:) I had previously just used the Stage 3 upgrades and then one more thing to get it up to 13.97. When I saw I had done this I didnt have enough time to change it... So yeah... :lol:
When does the next season start?! Next week? I might try and order a headset soon so I can speak to you boys in the lobby!
Oh, and I'll try and get my videos of the races up tomorrow. I was gonna do it today, but I couldnt find the special tiny USB B cable that goes into my camera. I'll try tomorrow in the midst of my Physics revision[/QUOTE]

well you placed one higher than me mate congrats =)

Thats bollox :( Manny and the Hog sneaked up to my car before each race and sabotaged it :( i want a rematch, cheating *****

Thats bollox :( Manny and the Hog sneaked up to my car before each race and sabotaged it :( i want a rematch, cheating *****

You will have it StevO season two will be filled with several Pink cars restricted events...:lol:

The same to you mister how can a fast racer like yourself(this me retributing your compliment:P) with over 1500 online wins can present himself like a novice in the game?...he...you sneaky bastard...:D:tup:.

Less than a month ago novice would have been the first word you thought of watching me race in pro mode :scared:

Looking forward to season 2, really have had a blast with season 1
That big shiny trophy is pretty cool, l think l want one.
Fair warning. lol
Special thanks to Manny aka. Great pink rabbit hunter.
great job my friend:tup:👍
Congratulations to Darkos, hope you are in my rear view mirror more often and not the other way around.
AND thanks to all league members especially our photographers and movie crews great job bringing a better perspective of our races to us.
👍

Thanks Nitrovious. :)👍

A general question to the League members:

Since we unfortunately lost MrB52 our Australian member, would it be more convenient to move the the Saturday Race time to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time? (That would be 1:00pm in California, 9:00pm in the UK and Portugal, and 10:00pm for Eastern Europe).

Since we unfortunately lost MrB52 our Australian member, would it be more convenient to move the the Saturday Race time to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time? (That would be 1:00pm in California, 9:00pm in the UK and Portugal, and 10:00pm for Eastern Europe).

Fine by me...👍

My videos are on my laptop so I will try to get them on youtube soon. I tried to put them on youtube but my internet is being overly slow and it said it was gonna take 2 hours 30mins to upload like 10 minutes of video. I'm not willing to do that because last time it took 30 minutes...
Congrats to darko 👍

B]would it be more convenient to move the the Saturday Race time to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time?[/B] (That would be 1:00pm in California, 9:00pm in the UK and Portugal, and 10:00pm for Eastern Europe).

I would be more incline to vote for a later time, however I see how that could be to late for some of our overseas players.

I would be more incline to vote for a later time, however I see how that could be to late for some of our overseas players.

I wouldn't want to start later than 10pm as my driving would get even worse!
Maybe like 9:30? That might suit me a bit better. I could still make it for 9 but whatever. :)

Yeah, either time is likely not going to be perfect for any of us, but hopefully we can make it less inconvenient all around.

My videos are on my laptop so I will try to get them on youtube soon. I tried to put them on youtube but my internet is being overly slow and it said it was gonna take 2 hours 30mins to upload like 10 minutes of video. I'm not willing to do that because last time it took 30 minutes...
Congrats to darko 👍

it took me a bit over 2 hours to load 1 video and i done it in 3 separate parts :crazy:

anytime s great for me manny obviously my driving would be better at an earlier time but i can just drink a lot off tea coffee and red bull and i will be supercharged no matter what time it is, i probably not sleep for 2 weeks after it but aaaaaa its all good in the hood :lol::lol:

Here is the London River race from my perspective :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgYfo_lZMXU
Sorry again for the quality.

We all seem to have the same basic reaction when we are doing well, then make a mistake, get run into, or get a penalty. It totally disrupts our focus and/or our confidence in our driving ability. Afterwards we seem to drive badly for a while, then slowly we get our rhythm back. In your case Aldo just as you were starting to settle down, you get bumped from the server. :banghead: I really hate that part of this game.

Following the same logic that gave NITROVIOUS points for second place in the Royal Mile Race this past week even though he was booted on Lap 7, I think anyone who gets booted past the 1/2-way mark should get points equal to the position they were in when they got bumped. Or they could choose to re-run the race on Sunday.

Maybe I'm making too many of these type of rules, but I'd like this League to be as fair as possible. It's incredible what we have to do overcome this game's instability in online events. :ouch:

We all seem to have the same basic reaction when we are doing well, then make a mistake, get run into, or get a penalty. It totally disrupts our focus and/or our confidence in our driving ability. Afterwards we seem to drive badly for a while, then slowly we get our rhythm back. In your case Aldo just as you were starting to settle down, you get bumped from the server. :banghead: I really hate that part of this game.

Every word of that is so true mate!

Last edited:
:)

Following the same logic that gave NITROVIOUS points for second place in the Royal Mile Race this past week even though he was booted on Lap 7, I think anyone who gets booted past the 1/2-way mark should get points equal to the position they were in when they got bumped. Or they could choose to re-run the race on Sunday.

Maybe I'm making too many of these type of rules, but I'd like this League to be as fair as possible. It's incredible what we have to do overcome this game's instability in online events. :ouch:

Its a killer all this EA games server business i think i would have came so much higher in the league if i had not been booted so meany races, the worst thing about it is all my favorite track i perform best on were the races i got booted from.

but it is ok as i have found a loop hole that could be my ticket out of this contract with sky media and back into the loving fiberoptic arms of virgin media, all i need to do is get in touch with the family solicitor and trading standards and it should be BYE BYE to sky and hello fuss free gaming

has the host's been chosen for next week ??

Last edited:
I think anyone who gets booted past the 1/2-way mark should get points equal to the position they were in when they got bumped. Or they could choose to re-run the race on Sunday.

I like that idea Manny, maybe not the getting points equal to the position when you got booted, it could be a problem if the person behind them were in position to challenge, but definitly the re-run on Sunday. It could make for a good size race for the people who can't make the Saturday race.

I like that idea Manny, maybe not the getting points equal to the position when you got booted, it could be a problem if the person behind them were in position to challenge, but definitly the re-run on Sunday. It could make for a good size race for the people who can't make the Saturday race.

The way I was thinking about it was... If the third place car (Car A) gets disconnected after 5 full laps, the guy in fourth place (Car B) moves up to third. If Car B finishes the race in third he gets third place points. Car A who got disconnected through no fault of his own, also gets third place points.

It may seem unfair to the guy in Car B that he ran the whole race to get the same points as Car A, you're right, but penalizing the guy who got booted isn't right either.

In this case although it might annoy some people who hardly ever get booted, the people like HOG and Aldo didn't get nearly the points they should've had last season. The lesser of two evils....

NOTE: The Schedule for Season II has been posted on a new thread. Let's move the discussion over there OK?

Sounds good and fair...👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back