NHL 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter Joel
  • 487 comments
NissanSkylineN1
Congrats to the LA Kings for being handed the cup by the refs.

Top 3 stars in the game:

1: Ref #1
2: Ref #2
3: Linesman

Seriously? More like by Steve Bernier.

Bernier cou'dn't do anything. If the Kings player didn't turn around, Bernier could have turned into that corner.

NissanSkylineN1
Bernier cou'dn't do anything. If the Kings player didn't turn around, Bernier could have turned into that corner.

It's still a penalty. Guys accidentally trip eachother all the time and it's still a penalty.

Absolutely. It's not so much the hockey team as the city rivalry. Toronto, the center of the Earth, and us in Vancouver the neglected West Coast. It gets on people's nerves out this way and the cities aren't particularly fond of each other. It's how we are raised, it's like kids in Edmonton don't like the Flames even though they haven't had a true hockey rivalry in decades. Same thing with Toronto, Vancouver.

First, no rivalry between the two (Toronto and Vancouver)
Second, Toronto doesn't think they're the center of the earth
Third, Vancouver is a cheap-shot taking, dirty play making team:
  • “They whine. They turtle. They want referees to fight their battles,”
  • “They are arrogant, they bite people, and their fans set fire to police cars.”
  • "The Calgary outlet has never carried L.A. Kings gear. “But this week,” says sales associate Caitlyn Blain, when it became clear Vancouver would meet the Kings in the first round, “people started coming in left and right, asking if we’ve got any L.A. stuff. Everyone wants to see Vancouver choke again.”"
  • "This disdain for Vancouver is not confined to fans... The Oilers’ Ryan Whitney once said “90 per cent of the guys in the league want nothing to do with seeing them win.” Partly the venom stems from some of the players they employ. “I don’t know if he has an ounce of man in him,” Florida’s Krys Barch once said of Max Lapierre, who has a reputation for diving, and yapping after the whistle. “I’d be embarrassed to be his father.” No surprise, a recent anonymous poll of NHL players named Vancouver the league’s most overrated team." -Macleans Magazine

So, if Vancouver and Toronto were to be a rivalry, then Vancouver and every team in the league would be a rivalry.

It's still a penalty. Guys accidentally trip eachother all the time and it's still a penalty.

This.

Congrats to LA. A friend of mine said that with 13 minutes left and the Kings up 4-1 that LA deserved to win. I replied to him that nobody deserves to win unless you win (making a comment that they wouldn't deserve to win if the Devils came back and won Game 6 in 13 minutes). The Kings deserved to win this after dismantling New Jersey.

Just goes to show you how much I know about the NHL- I thought the Los Angeles Kings were discontinued or moved someplace else and known as some other franchise. Last I recall the Kings, a very famous guy wore #99 was blowing peoples' minds. I hardly ever watch hockey. Don't hate it- just don't watch hockey very often. I want to send full congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings on going from #8 seed to Stanley Cup champions. Not only that, but win in beat down fashion.

Congrats to the Kings on a job well done.

Latest Posts

Back