NHL Season 2013-2014

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 129 comments
Finland
Finland
juhna96
So after the Blackhawks won the Cup, its time to open a new thread.

Starting with the draft tomorrow. Colorado with the 1st overall pick, Florida 2nd and Tampa Bay 3rd.

Tampa bought out Vincent Lecavalier! Why? He is still a solid player.

Will the Penguins move Letang after he rejected their 8-year contract offer?

Discuss, thank you ;)

[Edit]: Oh and how about the fantasy league? I could put one up if we get enough players. What do you say?

Also, one more year Daniel Alfredson!

They bought Lecavalier out because if they didn't now, they'd be locked into 8 more years at a crippling cap hit. His contract was just absurd at this point. Better for them to have the flexibility, especially with one of Jones, Drouin, or MacKinnon coming to Tampa next year.

Interested to see what happens with Letang, I think he'll be traded. He was offered an 8 year 56M (7M per year) contract, can't see how the Pens will offer him anything better than that.

As for a pool, I'd be up to join but we don't have a ton of hockey fans on this board. Hope we could get one together though.

Canucks might be trading theyre goalie, but not the one you think. Cory Schneider might be going to Edmonton, for atleast theyre first round pick.

Also Clutterbuck on the block from the Wild and Bradon Coburn of the Flyers.

Cant wait for the draft!

Vezina trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky gets a 2-year extension with the Jackets worth 11.25million.

Vincent Lecavalier to the Flyers. 5y/22.5milj 4.5 cap hit. Just madness. There 3 years too much.

That's not really madness... The years are long but that's the price you pay with free agents. When it comes to big name free agents you either overpay or let someone else. Cap hit isn't bad either, 4.5M is a fair bit less than I thought he would get.

Again, that's what you pay for those guys. Weak UFA class, and those guys are both physical two way players that GM's love. It's really not all that bad.

Wohoo. Louiiiii Erikson! Welcome to the B's. Seguin wont be missed. :)

[Edit]: Marchand-Bergeron-Erikson or Lucic-Krejci-Erikson to get his goal scoring going. He is a potential 35-40 goal scorer.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like that trade for the Bruins. Seguin is the better player, but I think Eriksson fits better in Boston's group. Eriksson-Bergeron-Marchand is probably the best two way line in the NHL.

The weird part is at this point in his career, Macarthur is better than Alfredsson, and a lot cheaper as well. And they traded for Bobby Ryan. At least now they can't use that tired old BS about being a team with no stars.

Yeah, 5.5 mil is a bit pricey, but I'd sooner pay that to Alfredsson or Weiss than Filppula. I like Flip, but he wasn't worth near that much.

Either way, the Northeast + Florida division will be interesting.

How the hell are the Panthers supposed to compete in these new divisions?

Omnis
How the hell are the Panthers supposed to compete in these new divisions?

They probably will be out of the playoff picture this year after losing Weiss, but going forward they have a good core. Their 2nd overall draft pick this year (Aleksander Barkov (Finnish, not Russian)) is going to be a star, and will probably play in the NHL as soon as this year. He had an excellent season in the top Finnish league playing professional hockey against grown men at the age of 17, when he fills out he'll be a monster.

There's some good prospects (and one excellent one) in their organization, so they should start to turn it around soon.

I've been thinking of some lines for Canada's Olympic team.

Stamkos - Crosby - Giroux
Duchene - Toews - Tavares
E.Staal - Bergeron - Nash
Benn - Getzlaf - Perry

Extra: St.Louis, Hall

Weber-Doughty
Letang-Keith
Subban-Pietrangelo

Extra: Seabrook, Phaneuf

Luongo
Crawford
Smith

Knowing Team Canada and how it's run I think there'll be some less skilled guys there as role players. Bergeron is probably a lock as the "4th line" center. Would be surprised to see Price not there barring an absolutely horrendous start, for all the hype Crawford and Smith have proven as much as Price.has (one good season), and neither have the pedigree.

Latest Posts

Back