NHL Season 2013-2014

• Thread starter Tzun
  • 129 comments
Wow.. The Detroit Red Wings need Zetterberg back quick or its going to be a very long season in the Eastern Conference. Babcock shouldn't lose his job because of all the injuries and all the guys coming in from Grand Rapids. Its been a rough season for Red Wings fans so far.

Wild managed to snap Vancouver's win streak, unfortunately next is a 4-game road trip, which has been a major weakness this year. Also, currently the Wild sit 8th in the West, they would be 3rd in the East right now, just shows how deep the West is this year.

Its been a rough season for Red Wings fans so far.

They are currently in the first Wild-Card slot thanks to a shallow east conference, so at least they aren't completely lost yet.

Get ready for the Winter Classic, GTPlanet! It's the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Detroit Red Wings at Michigan Stadium (a.k.a. "The Big House"). We'll see who gets the win today in Ann Arbor, MI, USA.

Go Wings! :D They have looked a little rough, but I think this could be a good day for them. Ooohh... it's snowing!! :D This should be awesome.

And we got a line brawl to start the Canucks/Flames game. Both teams thought it would be a good idea to start their fourth lines. A Canuck player got waved out of the faceoff and a DEFENCE MAN took it in his place, and won it! Just a wild start.

Enjoy some hockey today. NBC will be showing the Boston Bruins at the Chicago Blackhawks in mere moments.

The Chicago Blackhawks won in a Shootout 3-2 over the Boston Bruins today. Chicago drew first blood early in the first period before Boston hung two unanswered goals on Chi-Town. The Blackhawks brought it to a 2-2 tie that led to Overtime. I saw most of that game.

Did any of you hear the NHL on NBC team just rip Calgary and Vancouver on that recent CGY at VAN brawl? Man!

The Chicago Blackhawks won in a Shootout 3-2 over the Boston Bruins today. Chicago drew first blood early in the first period before Boston hung two unanswered goals on Chi-Town. The Blackhawks brought it to a 2-2 tie that led to Overtime. I saw most of that game.

Did any of you hear the NHL on NBC team just rip Calgary and Vancouver on that recent CGY at VAN brawl? Man!
God damn Rask... That Bollig's shot, it was supposed to be an easy save and Hossa's 1-0 goal he overplayed it.

It is Detroit at Washington on NBC right now. With about 2 minutes left in the first period, the Capitals lead the DET Red Wings 3-1. WAS got the first two goals.

Three games tonight, even with the Sochi 2014 Winter Games coming. Check them out:

* Dallas Stars at San Jose Sharks
* Pittsburgh Penguins at Buffalo Sabres
* Chicago Blackhawks at Anaheim Ducks

The PIT at BUF game will be on NBC Sports Network. Enjoy some hockey, folks!

Now that the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games are over, it's time for the NHL to get back to work. A doubleheader on NBC Sports Network include these two matches:

* Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres
* Los Angeles Kings at Colorado Avalanche

Besides these games, two others are on tap for tonight.

Good luck to all of your teams moving forward.

Big trade from the Blues to get Miller. Stewart wasn't doing well but Halak was good. Can't wait to see Miller goaltending. Let's see the first Stanley Cup in Blues history!

There is supposed to be a light chance of snow (about 20%) tonight at Soldier Field for this Stadium Series match in Chicago. It's the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Chicago Blackhawks tonight.

A few matches were played today. Congratulations to the winners of games played so far today.

Vanek to the Habs

ip608yHRlUr43.gif

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO

Last edited:
Detroit Red Wings at the New York Rangers is on right now on NBC as part of today's slate of games. Go enjoy some hockey.

Dallas vs Columbus was postponed recently(I remember the game being played on Monday) due to Dallas center Rich Peverly collapsing on the bench due to cardiac arrest. This pic sums it up nicely:

Real Men.jpg

There are two weeks and one day left of regular season NHL action remaining as of today. Right now, the Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers is about to get underway shortly on NBC. Go enjoy some hockey.

[UPDATE] I would like to congratulate Vincent LeCavalier on cashing in his 400th career goal in today's BOS at PHI game. The Flyers currently lead 1-0 with about 11:30 left in the 1st Period.

Last edited:
Who's "in?" These teams have a chance to play in 2014 for Lord Stanley's Cup as of the time of this post:

EAST: Boston, Montreal, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, Philadelphia
WEST: St. Louis, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota, Anaheim, San Jose, Los Angeles

There's still hope for certain others to fill out this season's playoffs. Who else will make the cut and have a chance to become champions? We shall see as this regular season plays itself out.

Lord Stanley's Cup is back on the line. Who will win the title in 2013-2014? Here are tonight's matches:

* Montreal at Tampa Bay
* Columbus at Pittsburgh
* Dallas at Anaheim

Good luck and congratulations to all playoff teams this season. May the best team win the Stanley Cup.

First round predictions?

Boston in 5, Montreal in 7, Penguins in 6, Rangers in 5.

Dallas in 5, San Jose in 6, Anaheim in 7, Chicago in 6.

Here are all of the First Round matches, just for reference, and in no order:

EAST:
* Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings
* Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens
* Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
* New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers

WEST:
* Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild
* St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks
* San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings
* Dallas Stars vs. Anaheim Ducks

I still want to call Anaheim as the Mighty Ducks, but I think they are just the Ducks now. They been just the Ducks for some time, right? Remember- I don't really follow hockey. So don't lash out at me. I just wanted to include this post just for reference of this season's playoff race.

Feel free to speculate the matches at will.

I just got my tickets in today. I will be seeing Anaheim and Dallas, Game 4. I will be enjoying the day in Big D.

The defending Stanley Cup champs- the Chicago Blackhawks- are currently down in the series 2-0 to the St. Louis Blues. Also, the Columbus Blue Jackets tied up the COL/PIT series 1-1 with a win yesterday. Insanity reigning supreme in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

On right now is Philadelphia at the New York Rangers. NYR currently leads the series 1-0, and they are leading this game 2-0 with about 7 minutes left in the First Period.

*cue WipEout*

CONTENDER ELIMINATED!

Montreal swept the Tampa Bay Lightning with the win last night. I think I read that Tampa Bay have NEVER been swept in franchise history until the Canadiens took down TB in a sweep. So... Tampa Bay's season is over. Who else will fall? Eliminations continue.

Contender is a big word when talking about Tampa... :D

Los Angeles is about to join them if Jonathan Quick doesn't clean up his act... he's been playing awful since the series started.

Still hoping Detroit and Columbus upset their "better" rivals.

Back