Nilo's Power Tuning Garage for DS3 Drifters!

• Thread starter Bodyguard
  • 92 comments
After I practice with the Chevelle some more I plan on trying your C63,
Funny thing is I just bought one two days ago for no particular reason.
Well I have a reason now!

I'm currently drifting the C63 and let me tell you: it is a lot harder to drift. Throttle response is much more important and it is in general much stiffer and deadlier. I'm just giving you some warning before you drive the car. xD

I have altered the original tune a little bit, as I found that it was a little bit too uncontrollable, so I will update it straight after this post.

Also, don't forget that you can ask for the tune of any of the cars listed on the first page. So, if something grabs your fancy, just request it. =)

Last edited:
Here's a funny setup I thought I'd release: the Mark IV Race Car '67. This tune was a pretty big job, as the car is built for grip and top speed, however I found a setup that works quite well. Try it out for yourselves, if you want:

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement.

Aero: 15/30

Ballast:

Amount - 100
Position - 0

Turbo: Mid RPM

Transmission:

1st - 2.421
2nd - 1.679
3rd - 1.266
4th - 1.010
Final - 3.090
Max Speed - 174mph

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/25
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - 20/-5
Springs - 10.4/8.8
Extension - 10/10
Compression - 10/10
Anti-Roll - 7/7

Camber - 2.5/6.5
Toe - 0.00/0.00

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

539bhp
1100kg
595PP

Extra Info:

This car was meant as a gag tune, which is why I raised and softened it. I managed to turn a car built for grip and top speed into something that can actually drift. This is by no stretch of the imagination good, but it is a hell of a lot of fun to drive, especially since you get to see this beauty while it slides. Here's a quick pointer about the car: it has 4 gears, so get ready to drift with 2nd and 3rd for a large part of the track. Out of the three classic 20,000,000 Credit cars, this is by far my favourite. Also, this tune would not have worked on the Ferrari (too much grip) or the Jaguar (not as good-looking as the Ford). I hope everybody who has this car gives my tune a go, as it was a lot of fun to make.

Cheers, Nilo.

*Note* - Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I absolutely adore this picture. I think it brings out a certain old school muscle effect that is often not shown in Le Mans cars.

Alright, I got a short chance to test the Chevelle with and without the wing. It was definitely fun, :lol:. It takes a seriously talented and practiced hand to drive.

I honestly liked it in the sense that you don't see it very often in drift lobbies and it is different. Now, not to say it's perfect there is one big thing hold this car back. I know it's taboo to run anything but CH tires on a Drift car, but, given the sheer power and torque of this monstrous 454 anything less than SH would be shredded. I was starting in 3rd gear and spinning tires from a stand still. To a degree you would want loss of traction but when you lose it to the point of not getting up to speed to get momentum to carry you through the turn you'll do nothing but do doughnuts.

In my personal opinion a higher gearset, less power or stickier tires would remedy the problem. Ideally, Higher gears and maybe CM or CS front could make the car so much easier to control. With the wing this issue is less pronounced but is still an issue of the line. Just for the record Nilo I'm not trying to Offend you or your garage I'm just trying offer some constructive criticism. :cheers:

Edit: Also, on the note of the Odyssey. I will try to get my tune posted as I have never shared it. I do have a Honda Element posted up if you wish to try it. It's similar to the Odyssey only a bit more nimble.

Alright, I got a short chance to test the Chevelle with and without the wing. It was definitely fun, :lol:. It takes a seriously talented and practiced hand to drive.

I honestly liked it in the sense that you don't see it very often in drift lobbies and it is different. Now, not to say it's perfect there is one big thing hold this car back. I know it's taboo to run anything but CH tires on a Drift car, but, given the sheer power and torque of this monstrous 454 anything less than SH would be shredded. I was starting in 3rd gear and spinning tires from a stand still. To a degree you would want loss of traction but when you lose it to the point of not getting up to speed to get momentum to carry you through the turn you'll do nothing but do doughnuts.

In my personal opinion a higher gearset, less power or stickier tires would remedy the problem. Ideally, Higher gears and maybe CM or CS front could make the car so much easier to control. With the wing this issue is less pronounced but is still an issue of the line. Just for the record Nilo I'm not trying to Offend you or your garage I'm just trying offer some constructive criticism. :cheers:

Edit: Also, on the note of the Odyssey. I will try to get my tune posted as I have never shared it. I do have a Honda Element posted up if you wish to try it. It's similar to the Odyssey only a bit more nimble.

Hey fbccars924! Thanks for the reply.

To tell you the truth, that's pretty much the main reason why I love that car. I first drifted the Chevelle SS using CM, but I've grown to love its lack of stability in CH over time :lol: That is true, I've never seen another Chevelle in drift lobbies xD

I always use comfort hard tyres, however I see how a car of this power, torque, etc could need more grip xD I'll give it a try with grippier tyres and see where that gets me. =)

Cheers, Nilo.

Honestly for the sake of integrity I'd bump the gear set a lot higher(top speed of around 180-190mph) and lose just the Supercharger.

Honestly for the sake of integrity I'd bump the gear set a lot higher(top speed of around 180-190mph) and lose just the Supercharger.

I will try the Transmission tune you suggested, but I can't bring myself to deprive that car of its power. We'll see if I like your Transmission setup better. :)

Cheers, Nilo.

I will try the Transmission tune you suggested, but I can't bring myself to deprive that car of its power. We'll see if I like your Transmission setup better. :)

Cheers, Nilo.

If you like I can setup a tranny for you later.

If you like I can setup a tranny for you later.

That could be interesting...

If you could, I would greatly appreciate that. As I said in the starting post of this thread, I am interested in learning more about tuning as well as giving out tunes, so this would be extremely beneficial for me. =) Thanks, one again!

Cheers, Nilo.

V12 vantage baby! Not the lines of a Vanquish but it has a V12!

Alright, it's on its way! Its transmission loves to either over-rev or not rev at all, so this may be an interesting one. I do love the V12 Vantage's looks though, despite being more of a DB9 fanboy.

V12 vantage baby! Not the lines of a Vanquish but it has a V12!

So, I had a go at making a V12 Vantage '10 tune. My first impression was that it needed more power (which it doesn't), after which I realised that its gearbox is destroying the car. I know that this car is a souped up version of the V8 Vantage, which was significantly slower, so I'm thinking that they kept the same gearbox from the V8 Vantage in this much more powerful V12 Vantage. This tune is so far my least favourite; in my opinion, this car has only two things going for it: the exhaust sound and the looks.

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement and Titanium Racing Exhaust; take a Semi-Racing one for the epic sound!

Aero: 0/0

Turbo: N/A

Transmission:

1st - 4.097
2nd - 2.934
3rd - 2.221
4th - 1.757
5th - 1.451
6th - 1.251
Final - 2.807
Max Speed - 130mph

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/20
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - -20/-20
Springs - 8.5/8.5
Extension - 4/4
Compression - 4/4
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 6.5/7.5
Toe - 0.00/0.00

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

723bhp
1362kg
586PP

Extra Info:

I hate this Aston's transmission. I spent some time trying to fix it, but in the end I had to make do with what I had. Before I altered it, the gears (especially 3rd) would take far too long to get to mid or high RPMs and then max out way too early. I played around with the Top Speed and Final Drive, until I found a happy medium. The gears aren't perfect, but you can actually have fun with the car, so it is a definite improvement. Some of you like it when gears max out, but I absolutely hate that in a drift car. Feel free to reset the transmission if you would prefer gears that max out. Overall, this car feels a little slow (1.19 on Tsukuba), due to the heavy modification, and is a little bouncy, but it looks and sounds beautiful, as well as being quite easy to drift.

Cheers, Nilo.

Last edited:
Here's an SLS AMG '10 tune, just because I've fallen in love with this car! It is my current team car, meaning that the C63 has retired =( This car took over 3 hours to tune, as it was very badly setup to begin with, but it had lots of potential, so I worked on it. Its braking and grip were the main issues, which are now not a problem. Enjoy the tune:

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement and Titanium Racing Exhaust; use a Sports Exhaust instead, as it makes the car sound extremely sexy.

Ballast:

Amount - 122
Position - -50

Turbo: Supercharger

Transmission:

1st - 3.652
2nd - 2.375
3rd - 1.701
4th - 1.270
5th - 0.989
6th - 0.803
7th - 0.679
Final - 3.628
Max Speed - 261mph

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/25
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - -20/-20
Springs - 12.1/11.6
Extension - 5/5
Compression - 5/5
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 2.5/1.5
Toe - 0.00/0.00

Brakes: 8/7

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

778bhp
1435kg
616PP

Extra Info:

On my first test run of this car, it amazed me by being relatively easy to drift while still managing a 1.08 on Tsukuba, this showed a lot of potential. It did have some major issues, though, the worst being its braking; the car would not stop, no matter how early I applied the brakes. The transmission also maxed out a little too quickly for my liking, so I lengthened it. Doing this made the car reach higher speeds and thus increasing the braking issue. So, I decided to only slightly increase the top speed, and instead stiffen the springs so that I could brake better, or at all! That issue is now resolved, as the car is willing to wield under braking now. I had one final issue which needed fixing though: grip. This car felt far too grippy, especially for its horsepower. I found out that this was due to the weight being mostly at the rear of the car, providing more grip to the rear wheels (which is good for racing, but not drifting). After balancing this out (50/50), I felt a massive change in handling; the car felt ready to be a great drift car. After all these changes (and some unmentioned ones), the SLS can easily do a full lap of Tsukuba, while holding a smoke trail, in under 1.12, which I find incredible. Overall, I think this car was a success. Expect this tune to be updated regularly for the upcoming 3 months or so, as I am in love with this magnificent car.

Cheers, Nilo.

Nice looking additions. I still think the Vantage's sluggish initial gain is in it's power band, meaning it has next to no power in the low RPM's and then all at once it hits and the tires are gone.

I'm thinking of releasing the tune for one of my first loves: the Lotus Evora '09. It is the most precise car I have and it makes better use of its power than any other car I've ever driven. Would you guys be interested in that?

Im Back again Nilo, this time reviewing your C63 AMG Benz.

I need more practice to be honest, this Benz is a bit out of my skill set for now
But I'll give you my impressions anyway.

Precision, that's what this car needs, extreme precision; the few times I nailed a corner it was very satisfying but those moments were few and far between for me. The fact I was on autumn ring didn't help much, it felt slightly claustrophobic in such a big car, by the time I had enough momentum to carry me through the turn I was plowing into the sand.
That being said, it has lots of potential in the right hands (not mine) this C63 is a surgeons scalpel, and I'm still at the sledgehammer level, Lol.
Give this baby a more open track, and take the time to learn her quirks (like her very delicate throttle) and I think she'll reward you; try to treat her like a hammer, and she will kill you and bury your body in the woods.

I'm going to save this AMG as something to work my way up to, I'm still trying to get my own rythm down, let alone an advanced level car.

Thanks for the tune Nilo,

Noob friendly rating: 2/5
Noob driver rating 1.5/5 (ok maybe not that good)
Car ability rating: 4/5

Im Back again Nilo, this time reviewing your C63 AMG Benz.

I need more practice to be honest, this Benz is a bit out of my skill set for now
But I'll give you my impressions anyway.

Precision, that's what this car needs, extreme precision; the few times I nailed a corner it was very satisfying but those moments were few and far between for me. The fact I was on autumn ring didn't help much, it felt slightly claustrophobic in such a big car, by the time I had enough momentum to carry me through the turn I was plowing into the sand.
That being said, it has lots of potential in the right hands (not mine) this C63 is a surgeons scalpel, and I'm still at the sledgehammer level, Lol.
Give this baby a more open track, and take the time to learn her quirks (like her very delicate throttle) and I think she'll reward you; try to treat her like a hammer, and she will kill you and bury your body in the woods.

I'm going to save this AMG as something to work my way up to, I'm still trying to get my own rythm down, let alone an advanced level car.

Thanks for the tune Nilo,

Noob friendly rating: 2/5
Noob driver rating 1.5/5 (ok maybe not that good)
Car ability rating: 4/5

Thank you for the extremely in-depth review! 👍
Haha I did warn you xD That was my previous team car, before the SLS took over. I have never tried it on Autumn Ring, thus I can't tell you how it should and shouldn't handle on there. It has been around Tsukuba many, many times, though, and it has never let me down.
I don't think it's a case of noob or pro, so much as a case of throttle control. I remember being extremely gentle with the throttle at almost all times and getting very close to the apex. I highly recommend you try it at a later date.
This might not sound like your kind of thing, but I can have a go at making a more throttle-heavy tune on a 300ZX, or a 370Z. I know they're imports, but I promise you they can drift quite well xD Alternatively, I could write out my Viper SRT10 Coupe tune. I won't promise it's easy, but I will say it could be interesting to drift.

Last edited:
Thanks Nilo, and yes I was warned, but I've always taken warnings as challenges:)

I'm not giving up on driving that Benz yet, I've never seen a high performance car you can truly master in an hour, and drifting is even more so.
So don't post any tunes specifically for me, I don't want to hog the thread and I still need to test the V12 Vantage, SLS etc.

:cheers: :gtpflag:

Good times!
P.S. always take my initial reviews (especially late night ones) with a grain of salt

Thanks Nilo, and yes I was warned, but I've always taken warnings as challenges:)

I'm not giving up on driving that Benz yet, I've never seen a high performance car you can truly master in an hour, and drifting is even more so.
So don't post any tunes specifically for me, I don't want to hog the thread and I still need to test the V12 Vantage, SLS etc.

:cheers: :gtpflag:

Good times!
P.S. always take my initial reviews (especially late night ones) with a grain of salt

Haha alright, I'll try and stop myself xD
I'm not doing much, though, so I can start on a tune if you need it. Also, this thread isn't as active as I would like it, so feel free to request tunes, etc, I really don't mind.

Cheers, Nilo.

Nevermind.

Last edited:
Nilo, I got your trans finished for the Chevelle. Hope you enjoy it. It's a bit higher geared but still lights em up pretty easily, just not as easily.

in this order,

Top Speed:180mph
1st:2.782
2nd:1.894
3rd:1.411
4th:1.125
5th:0.900
Final:3.931

Displayed Top speed should be 180mph as well. 👍

Nilo, I got your trans finished for the Chevelle. Hope you enjoy it. It's a bit higher geared but still lights em up pretty easily, just not as easily.

in this order,

Top Speed:180mph
1st:2.782
2nd:1.894
3rd:1.411
4th:1.125
5th:0.900
Final:3.931

Displayed Top speed should be 180mph as well. 👍

Hahah, this tune made me smile; :) I really enjoyed testing it out. It is ready to throw you offroad if you're not careful, I love that! I will keep practising with it and see whether I should add the tune to my original setup.
Thanks so much for the tranny tune! I would give it a 9.5 out of 10, just because it felt a little too long for my particular drifting style. The car felt alive during testing, though. It suddenly loved getting sideways and was much more responsive.
I will report soon on final impressions and whether it is added to my original setup (assuming you allow me to add it xD)
Cheers, Nilo.

Alright, I'm back! I dearly apologise for the lack of tunes over the past few weeks, it was exam time in the UK. This thread should now be much more active over the coming months, as Summer is about to hit England.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to further comment on "fbccars924"'s tune for the Chevelle. I found the transmission setup extremely tail-happy, which is never a bad thing. It does take some getting used to, however it will make you a better drifter, as well as put a smile on your face. As I mentioned in my first comment to this tune, it was a little too long for my particular drifting style, but that doesn't mean that it is a bad tune, not at all.
I would like to alter my original Chevelle tune so that this tranny setup replaces my existing one, however I will await confirmation by fbccars924. I will update this post when the issue is resolved.

On a separate note, I am polishing off my Evora '09 tune; expect that baby to be posted over the next day or two. It is the most accurate and precise car I have; and it makes great use of what little power it has.

Last edited:
Hey nilo its me alboking,I was kinda hoping if you can post the bmw 2008 z4 tune.

Here is the Z4 M Coupe '08 tune, as requested by "vinko". This car was quite nice to drift and tune, as it makes great use of what power it has; it reminds me of my Evora. The gears still don't feel quite right, but I was afraid to mess around with them in case I broke the car. I feel that 3rd gear is a bit slow to respond, but it doesn't max out and it feels very solid, so I decided to leave it.

Upgrades: All besides Chassis Reinforcement. Normally I select my exhaust based on the sound it makes, but this car needs all the power it can get, so get a Titanium Racing Exhaust.

Turbo: N/A

Transmission:

1st - 4.379
2nd - 3.041
3rd - 2.326
4th - 1.788
5th - 1.433
6th - 1.221
Final - 3.615
Max Speed - 162mph

LSD:

Torque - 0/10
Accel - 0/20
Decel - 0/20

Suspension:

Ride Height - -5/-5
Springs - 7.1/7.1
Extension - 4/4
Compression - 4/4
Anti-Roll - 1/1

Camber - 4.5/3.5
Toe - -0.30/-0.45

Tyres:

ALWAYS COMFORT HARD!

Final Specs:

443bhp
1240kg
520PP

Extra Info:

This car is surprisingly good, despite the lack of power. I've always loved the looks of this car, which made me push it all the more. As a result, I created a car that is both fun to drift, as well as easy; this makes it a great beginner car. It only has 443bhp, which is just not good enough for drifting. I found it cutting out through some corners and sometimes just plainly rejecting going sideways, which is absolutely awful. I wish I had more to say about this car. I wish I had a fix for it too, but that's not how it is. If you have a love for this car, then here it is, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

Cheers, Nilo.

Last edited:
Back